• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Plague Cauldron Re-Reforged

PLAGUE CAULDRON RE-REFORGED

Custom rendition of the Plague Cauldron WoW model. The model was fully developed by myself for Warcraft 3 Re-Reforged. When using this model, it'd be great if you linked or credited @InsaneMonster's project as well.

INSTALLATION
The plague cauldron comes with two variants: Green (using no custom textures) and Orange (uses a custom diffuse and emissive).

To import the
Green variant:
  • Import the .mdx main file to your map using the Asset Manager at the path: Plaguecauldron.mdx
  • Import the .mdx portrait file to your map using the Asset Manager at the paths: Plaguecauldron_portrait.mdx
To import the Orange variant:
  • Import the .mdx main file to your map using the Asset Manager at the path: Plaguecauldronorange.mdx
  • Import the .mdx portrait file to your map using the Asset Manager at the paths: Plaguecauldronorange_portrait.mdx
  • Import the textures to your map using the Asset Manager at the paths: Plaguecauldronorange.dds, Plaguecauldronorange_emissive.dds.
WE PREFERENCES
Each model has an alternate stand. The model works similar to the Nelven Ancients, having an uprooted Stand and a rooted Stand Alternate, as well as morph animations.

UPDATE
Now the cauldron retracts its chains when airborne. (FIXED 01/10/21)
Previews
Contents

Plague Cauldron green (Model)

Plague cauldron green icon (Icon)

Plague Cauldron green Portrait (Model)

Plague Cauldron Orange (Model)

Plague Cauldron Orange icon (Icon)

Plague Cauldron Orange Portrait (Model)

Reviews
Barorque
Approved. Looks great and adds a useful building to scourge faction. If I'm correct, shouldn't the stand alternative work animation also have a slightly moving cauldron? Other than that it's perfect.
Level 12
Looks great. I'd love to have that land/rise animation for the regular necropolis as well. Especially since they look like they were actually ripped from the ground not built in the air.