• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Zombie Footman Reforged

Defeat in the battle against the Scourge.Former soldiers of human race become a souless and lifeless monster but still maintain skilled when fighting

1/8/2021: Upload ZombieFootman Reforged and Icons
2/8/2021: Fix left hand of Zombie to hold the sword ( Thanks Mr Orge man a lot for telling me the easy way to fix )
Previews
Contents

Zombie Footman Icon (Icon)

Zombie Footman Reforged (Model)

Reviews
Barorque
Approved. Great job on textures and their alpha channels. Let's call his default footman animations muscle memory (not sure if skeleton/orc skeleton ones would even work). You even made it an all in one model/portrait, not too lazy to have all the...
Level 8
Give him the Skeleton Swordsman Animation Set and you will have Forsaken.

Although, no. I looked at Animations. Only the Stand Animation needs to be changed. All others look more appropriate.

Last edited:
Approved.
Great job on textures and their alpha channels. Let's call his default footman animations muscle memory (not sure if skeleton/orc skeleton ones would even work). You even made it an all in one model/portrait, not too lazy to have all the lighting in portrait anims. Truly well done!

How did you manage to add the Infantryman animations to the inside of the Zombies, and make them work as well as his own, all together. This is very cool, I would like to know, it opens up many possibilities. Sometimes I saw some models, and saw that their set of bones is not identical, although the creature is the same, but the animations with the bones are different, and the two models have cool animations, and for example, I sometimes wanted, for example, in such cases as to combine animations, 2 different models by the set of bones, but I did not know how, and indeed I thought that it was literally unrealistic if you were not the creator of some kind of games, since these are literally different models and there is simply no way to add some animations from 1 to another.
But your example apparently proves (or I just misunderstood) that you can add animations from 1 completely different model, into the second completely different from the first model, and that it would work cool, as if the animations are native. 🙂😏

Or does this only work with Reforged models, but won't work with WoW models?

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 33
How did you manage to add the Infantryman animations to the inside of the Zombies, and make them work as well as his own, all together. This is very cool, I would like to know, it opens up many possibilities. Sometimes I saw some models, and saw that their set of bones is not identical, although the creature is the same, but the animations with the bones are different, and the two models have cool animations, and for example, I sometimes wanted, for example, in such cases as to combine animations, 2 different models by the set of bones, but I did not know how, and indeed I thought that it was literally unrealistic if you were not the creator of some kind of games, since these are literally different models and there is simply no way to add some animations from 1 to another.
But your example apparently proves (or I just misunderstood) that you can add animations from 1 completely different model, into the second completely different from the first model, and that it would work cool, as if the animations are native. 🙂😏

fastest way I think is to simply rename animation bones to the one you're importing to; and then when you import you just use "animation-from-all" option

I haven't tried on wow model, all of my model reforged that using wow animation was made by rematrix every single mesh.
Like Ardenaso said, the fastest and important things to transfer animation is rename animation bone( example: animation of bone B in model 2 will move same as bone A in model 1 if you rename model 2 bone "B" to "A" )

I haven't tried on wow model, all of my model reforged that using wow animation was made by rematrix every single mesh.
Like Ardenaso said, the fastest and important things to transfer animation is rename animation bone( example: animation of bone B in model 2 will move same as bone A in model 1 if you rename model 2 bone "B" to "A" )
Yeah, but ... did you do exactly the same when you made the zombie foot soldier? And it's all? And when it was necessary not only to add infantryman animations to the zombies, but also to save the animations of the zombie itself, what did you do for this? Forgive my lack of knowledge.

And if the bones do not coincide in number and role with the second desired model, then in no way will it be possible to overtake the animations of 1 model into the second? Or maybe you did something else to get a symbiosis of an infantryman and a zombie? And maybe the last question: were the Zombie and Infantry bones really so similar that it was enough to rename them? :peasant-grin: 😏

Level 4
Very good work, but I would preferentially still the animations of "Walk" and "attacks" stay zombie style or even some skeleton.

I particularly believe that using all the main Footman animations mischaracterizes the actual performance of a Zombie, only the "Stand" animation looks more faithful to the costume... :thumbs_up:

Last edited:
Level 12
Yes! We need more undead units! Skeleton Warriors with Footman armor pieces/shield/weapon, orc Abomination, different Ghouls, different Zombies, maybe even a Zombie with Egg Sack on its back.

Yeah, but ... did you do exactly the same when you made the zombie foot soldier? And it's all? And when it was necessary not only to add infantryman animations to the zombies, but also to save the animations of the zombie itself, what did you do for this? Forgive my lack of knowledge.

And if the bones do not coincide in number and role with the second desired model, then in no way will it be possible to overtake the animations of 1 model into the second? Or maybe you did something else to get a symbiosis of an infantryman and a zombie? And maybe the last question: were the Zombie and Infantry bones really so similar that it was enough to rename them? :peasant-grin: 😏
Yeah,I do like I said,you can try it RMS if you don't believe. Bone of footman and zombie is nearly similar so I don't need to rename any bone

Yeah,I do like I said,you can try it RMS if you don't believe. Bone of footman and zombie is nearly similar so I don't need to rename any bone
No, you misunderstood, I believe. I just do not rummage about it and wanted an explanation. It turns out that you managed to make this cool model of a zombie infantryman, for the reason that their bones are actually identical and it was enough just to rename them for the sake of a different one? Or even the names of the bones were already the same. But I only know how to transfer ALL animations in general, but I don’t know how to transfer only 1 at a time.

And even so, if the bones of the second model do not coincide with the first, then everything is lost with the transfer? Or there something else you can do? 🙂