Participants are to create a map with (a) great monument/s and wonderful creations of all kind.
Whether or not the origin of said monument is human or otherwise is for the participant to decide.
The name of the contest does not imply that you have to create a "real" world wonder.
You are, of course, free to do so if you want, however.
- No submission may violate any of the site rules.
- All submissions must follow the current theme. If any terrain does not fit, a moderator will tell you as soon as possible as to avoid confusion.
- Your submission must be posted before the deadline. The post containing your final submission must also contain the following:
- A few in game screenshots showing your submission in action.
- You must show at least one unfinished preview of your submission, before the deadline, as proof that it’s yours.
- Your submission may not be started/made before the official launch of the contest.
- Judges may not participate.
- Teamwork is not allowed.
- Map may consist of any resource as long as it is public.
- Unless a used resource belongs to either Hive Workshop or sc2mapster, a link to the used resources must be provided.
- Resources made public after the launch of the contest are not permitted.
- No image editing tools may be used to enhance the terrain previews (however cropping is allowed).
- Adding triggers is allowed but will not be judged on. They are simply for your own satisfaction.
- Protecting your map is prohibited. The terrain will need to be looked at both in game and in the galaxy editor.
- First Place: 45 reputation points and your entry on an award icon and a custom user rank icon.
- Second Place: 30 reputation points and an award icon.
- Third Place: 15 reputation points and an award icon.
- Participants and Judges: 5 reputation points
Creativity Was the terrain bringing something new or was it rather simple? Uniqueness factors greatly /20 Detail Measurement of detail in design and overall detail balance. Impurities include rough edges, deficiency in execution, and general disorder. /10 Technique
How well thought out was the terrain and how was the approach to execution. Did it bring new elements? /20 Aesthetics Overall composition of the terrain and a good fluidity. Does it contain rough spots and missing aspects from it? /10
Score S = 25v/TOTv + 75( j1 + j2 )/TOTp
- 75 % of the winner shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s).
- 25 % of the winner shall be determined by the results of a public poll.
where v = votes entry received, TOTv = total poll vote count, j1 and j2 = score from judges, and TOTp = total judge score possible.
- The contest shall begin on 3rd of August and conclude on the 3rd of October, 2016 GMT
Assigned Staff: Heinvers
If you need to get JNGP working with 1.28, read this.Dismiss Notice
Check out the Zephyr Contest #15 - Results !Dismiss Notice
The poll for the 26th Texturing Contest is up and running. Choose an entry for the win!Dismiss Notice
Compete in Concept Art Contest - Bounty Hunter. May the best artist's bounty hunter execute!Dismiss Notice
Page 6 of 7
Nova Covert Ops - Release of Mission Pack Two
Today, Mission Pack Two to of the Nova Covert Ops has been released on Battle.net along with the
3.5.0 patch of StarCraft II!
What is Nova Covert Ops?
The "Nova Covert Ops Mission Packs" contain a new campaign for the StarCraft II story.
As the name reveals, the protagonist of this campaign is the Dominion Ghost Agent November "Nova" Terra.
If you have played the previous StarCraft II titles, you might remember her from the other campaigns.
As Nova, you awaken at a strange place and can't remember what happened. You have to escape and get back to the Dominion to fight a movement that endangers Emperor Valerian's rule while also endangering the population of the Dominion itself with reckless actions.
Being in charge of a special elite unit that has access to the newest Terran technology, you can customize your forces more than you have ever been able to in the other campaigns.
Do you want your Siege Tanks to jump on cliffs or would you rather have them require no Tech Lab anymore? There are many different ways to play the Nova Covert Ops that allow you to play around as you wish!
What does the new Mission Pack/Patch offer?
First off, of course, it offers three new missions that give you full access to more units and additional technology. Permanently cloaked Banshees, jumping Goliaths, instantly transformed Liberators and much more!
Additionally, there are new skins for units in the editor. The already existing Tal'darim protoss skins have now their own portraits and more Terran units have gained their own special skins for Nova's special forces.
Also, new terrain objects have been added!
Created by Ralle
- Jul 28, 2016
Last night Archian called me. Apparently the site was redirecting to something malicious trying to get you to download crap. Instantly I assumed the site (the server) was hacked. I searched through everything and realised it was not the server. It was the DNS (which is managed by Namecheap). Every few DNS lookups returned an IP that I am not in charge of. This IP served redirects to horrible spammy content.
I fixed it by moving away from Namecheap FreeDNS (which I can no longer recommend). However, it would take about 20000 seconds (~6 hours) to propagate the changes. I left the site down until I was the only one in charge of the domain again. Being in charge of someone's domain gives you pretty big super powers.
Anyway, it's fixed. I think it's safe to say that changing your password is a good idea. Especially if you're on staff.
Created by StoPCampinGn00b
- Jul 15, 2016
We are happy to announce our affiliation with gamerisle.org! GamerIsle is primarily a WarCraft 3 website and forum dedicated to its map hosted projects and multiplayer / clan gaming, founded in 2006. This affiliate brings us a simple link exchange, along with more openings for collaborations in things such as multiplayer events and project spotlights.
In addition, the site has some things going well for them in other modding and media forms that you can check out for yourself, on the front page. Though do note that their front page is relatively new and is still in the process of picking up traction. Their facebook.com/gamerisle and twitter.com/gamerisle are also fairly new.
As always, you'll always find our affiliates at the bottom of every Hive page.
Created by WCAoA
- Jul 3, 2016
Hello guys! We are WarCraft: Armies of Azeroth mod developers and our team is happy to announce that we decided to share our assets, which include hundreds of HD WarCraft III models fully remastered with you.
Our mod is supported by Blizzard Entertainment. Moreover, recently it won in the category Best Upcoming according to Editor's Choice in ModDB 2015 Mod of the Year contest.
In order to get a full access to our mod files, you should be able to work with Galaxy Editor, especially with triggers and interface. After you prove your skill to us, we are ready to share our mods with you, however, with some conditions.
We especially encourage those, who are planning to recreate the most played maps of WarCraft III on the basis of our mod.
The maps include:
Enfo's Team Survival
Desert Strike (WarCraft based remake)
Also developers of any sort of tower defence, hero defence and AoS genres are encouraged to apply.
Do not hesitate to contact us via PM or EMail!
Page 6 of 7