The Cave is a classic RPG that blends the style of World of Warcraft with Diablo II -- created in the Starcraft II engine, using Warcraft III art, and inspired by decades of playing classic Blizzard games.
"A mysterious cave, a cast of wonky and unusual characters, and no idea how you got tangled up in this mess. 'The Cave - RPG' will lead you on an epic adventure to figure out 'Why am I on an adventure?' Tears of frustration and awkward looks from loved ones as you sit in your chair and giggle to yourself won't be your only takeaway from this game; I hope. Designed by a gamer, for free, for gamers. If you enjoy RPG games, then this was made specifically for you."
- HEROES - Watch your hero evolve as you progress through the game. There are 15 final-tier heroes, touting 10 abilities each, with stat allocations based on the path they took to get there.
- ITEMS - RNG-based loot with hundreds of potential combinations, unique mods, and drop rates high enough that you're never just grinding for that specific item.
- CUSTOMIZATION - Heroes are able to customize/alter the effects of their abilities with glyphs; they have ample stat points to allocate as they wish, special item modifiers, and more abilities than you can shake a stick at, allow you to create and play a hero how you want it.
- BALANCE/META - The game is designed in a way that there is no "meta" for builds. No blowing up monsters 2 screens away, no perfect builds. The situations are loose enough and variable enough, that there is no set way to do things. Play how you want to and remember - you can't DPS if you're dead.
- WORLD - 35 large zones with a "simple" boss per zone; and 11 dungeons containing 3 unique bosses each, designed to scale and allowing 1-5 players to complete them.
- QUESTS - 140 quest, create thick quest density. You will never need to "hang out and farm for a while" to progress. At worst, you may need to explore little, or party up for a tough one. quests are rewarding, and progress the story.
- ENDGAME - The story is fun and cute, and not too challenging. The real game begins when you complete the game. To test players' skills over their gear, all regional bosses and dungeons become reinvigorated as "Heroic" forms, with additional strength, abilities, and AI -- as well as a "Legendary Mode" designed to truly test your prowess. Raid bosses bring that concept to an entirely new level, as they spawn randomly in the world, scale from 7-10 players, and have intricate mechanics and strategies.
- REPLAYABLE CONTENT - Though the game is intended to end, a few things freshen up the game, if you have invested 1000 hours and just want to keep going. Legendary dungeons have random modifiers to them, and cycle through every hour. An "Endless Waves" dungeon allows you to see how far you can progress against randomly generated waves of monsters and bosses.
WHAT TESTERS SAID
"It has the nostalgic feel of old Warcraft 3 RPGs, while blowing every other SC2 RPG out of the water. You can build any hero at least 4 different ways and it'll be viable. The progression to end game is fun and doesn't feel grind heavy at all. End game dungeons are a real challenge and very rewarding. Raid bosses give you and 8-9 friends a real challenge."
"You can literally say you made some advanced AI mechanics, since your bosses abilities are so diverse and well randomized -- so hard to predict in some cases."
"Game's epic as shit"
"RPG, old style, Diablo 2 with World of Warcraft dungeon gear hunting"
Play it on the Starcraft 2 Arcade!
Alternatively, you can search for 'The Cave - RPG'.
Starcraft II is free to download - and Arcade is free to play!
Fill your cup and take your pick among the maps best suited for this year's Hive Cup. The 6th Melee Mapping Contest Poll is up!Dismiss Notice
Shoot to thrill, play to kill. Sate your hunger with the 33rd Modeling Contest!Dismiss Notice
Do you hear boss music? It's the 17th Mini Mapping Contest!Dismiss Notice
Check out the Staff job openings thread.Dismiss Notice
Page 4 of 32
Created by Mythic
1.32.4 PATCH NOTES
- Apr 28, 2020
Warcraft III: Reforged Patch Notes
April 28, 2020
- All Melee units and buildings have received a team color polish pass to increase vibrancy and gameplay readability.
- Female Demon Hunter scaled up to match closer with Male Demon Hunter’s silhouette.
- Waterfall changed to use Replaceable Textures. Its tint automatically adjusts in game based on the map tileset.
- Visual effect used for the first stage of buildings damage changed from smoke to fire for better readability.
- Adjusted fire visual effects placements on the Townhall, Keep, and Castle for added readability during their damaged states.
- Northrend Trees have been updated to match Classic visuals. There are now four visually distinctive tree wall sets:
- Northrend Icy Tree Wall
- Northrend Tree Wall
- Snowy Tree Wall
- Scorched Tree Wall
- Footprints have been updated for the following groups:
- Trolls have their own unique footprint.
- Undead units with missing footprints are now fixed.
- Vehicles now have continuous rolling footprint.
- Fixed an issue with the Female Demon Hunter’s hero icon appearing incorrectly when disabled while in Demon form.
- Tuskarr Trapper now throws his own spear when attacking.
- Portrait animations have been updated for the following units: Peasant, Sorceress, High Elf, Lich, Dreadlord, Balnazzar, Mal’ganis, Keeper of the Grove, Night Elf Runner, Cenarius, Illidan (Demon Form), Tree of Life, Tree of Ages, Tree of Eternity, and their corrupted counterparts.
- Reduced Violence updates:
- Female Death Knight updated with correct visual effects for spell casting.
- Ogre Magi no longer disappears in the middle of its attack animations.
- Single Player mode has been re-enabled. This can be accessed from its own Create Games section in the Main Menu.
- Fixed multiple crashes on custom games such as Custom Hero Survival.
- Several fixes have been applied to Instance API natives related to unit attacks.
- Blizzard.j and common.j are no longer considered when computing save checksums.
- The “Export All” option in the Asset Manager now functions correctly.
- Destructibles flagged as “Walkable” no longer cause desyncs between Classic and Reforged.
- Reforged Troll mercenary unit selection circles are now smaller and more aligned with Classic.
- All Neutral unit selection circles now properly match the Reforged unit models.
- Creep camps are easier to see on the minimap.
- Permanent morphing units, such as the Obsidian Statue, will no longer briefly display their disabled morph ability icon while transforming.
- Game lighting adjusted to improve Reforged readability and colors.
- Doom Guards now have the correct sound effects for their air and ground attacks.
- Forest, Dark, and Ice Troll Trappers will no longer play the Berserk sound effect when casting Ensnare in Reforged mode.
- Alchemist facial animations and acknowledgement sounds updated.
- Flesh Golem facial animations and acknowledgement sounds updated.
- Sepia tone backgrounds in Classic mode have been reverted.
- The “Use Command Button for Hotkeys” on Mac now functions as expected.
April 29, 2020
- Fixed a bug that caused Multiplayer win totals for Collections to be set to zero.
- Fixed a bug that prevented players in some regions from joining custom games.
- Fixed a bug that prevented players in some regions from starting any game.
- Single player custom games can again be created in the Russian locale.
- Reduced Violence Mode is again enabled where required.
Created by Mythic
- Apr 9, 2020
Almost a decade after the Classic version became Hive's Hosted Project of the Year for 2011, the one and only @TheSpoon is back with his 2 Player Human Campaign - this time in Reforged! March across Lordaeron with a friend, relive the campaign, and challenge yourself like never before with a revamped Insane Difficulty.
- Insane difficulty revisited and tweaked. New enemy bosses, heroes, and custom units.
- Save/Load codes are saved to file, making it easier to transfer data between maps.
- Custom heroes when there's only 1 hero present in the map. New cooperative spells for these heroes.
- Potion and scroll item stacking.
- Technologies and tech-tree requirements are shared between the players.
- Maps redesigned for Reforged will be updated.
The campaign adds one custom chapter for a tenth level of cooperative fun, following Arthas' descent into madness. Take your share of the souls of the living, or fend off assaults from the Undead to secure the journey home.
Currently available on Patreon as an early release.
If you enjoy the maps and would like to see the project to its completion, consider supporting it. In return, receive the ability to vote on polls and access early releases.
The main hub for the project's development and bug reports. Check it out if you'd like to help or take part in the discussion.
Note: Custom Campaigns are not yet supported in Reforged, so please use your Maps folder instead.
Created by Mythic
- Apr 1, 2020
The shadow shall be lifted nevermore.
Mal'Ganis the Eternal One
Her name was Jaina. She died at Theramore.
How did it get so late so soon?
It's the latest fashion from the Nether.
Dreadlord (Pre-Beta Look-A-Like)
Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.
Call of Dread
Find your place among the sanguine lords of old.
This skin has you covered, whatever darkness waits for you in the depths.
Special thanks to @Spellbound, @Storm Knight, @Directive255, and @The_Spellweaver for their feedback.
Created by Archian
1.32.3 PATCH NOTES
- Mar 19, 2020
Page 4 of 32