Happy holidays everyone!
The Hive team hopes you have a good holiday season. As the end of the year nears, we wanted to look back and reflect on the great year that's been had.
- Blizzard has been hard at work producing a number of patches for Warcraft 3 bringing a plethora of tweaks and updates, which leads us to…
- Warcraft 3: Reforged was announced by Blizzard during Blizzcon; It's slated for release in 2019
- The 2018 Warcraft 3 Invitational saw the new patches in action
- Warcraft 3's 2018 World Championships also took place this summer
- Some big events happened with our community
- Our list of hosted projects continue to grow
- We've hosted 15 contests in the Arena with several more ending in early 2019
- The Maporino! 2018 contest concluded, hosted by members Jayborino and Deltron
- Hive's Facebook and Twitter pages have been active and growing
- Our resources section continues to grow with new maps to play, resources for your projects, and tools for your editor. Here's some stats from 2018's resources:
- Tommi Gustafsson's Gnoll Campaign is the best rated singleplayer campaign
- Nightelfbuilder's Gates of Elun'dris is the best rated multiplayer map
- Misha's Towered Hunters Hall is the best rated model
- Mr.Goblin's Horror Texture Pack contains the highest rated skins
- Killcide and Mr.Goblin's Fel Meteor is the best rated icon
- Bu3ny's Albatross Dive Attack is the best rated spell
- Datboi's Terrain Generator is the best rated system
- Eejin's Hive World Editor is the best rated tool
- Ragnaros17's Melee Pack is the highest rated pack
- Lastly, I'm happy to be a new member of the staff as Multimedia Manager. I'll be helping out with social media and general graphics, such as the one above, and am excited to help out the community as it did to me in the past.
This year has brought us the announcement of Warcraft 3: Reforged. We look forward to what the new year will bring for Warcraft 3 and its community! If you can't wait, feel free to join one of the contests we have running over the next few weeks.
Bring on 2019!
Join other hivers in a friendly concept-art contest. The contestants have to create a genie coming out of its container. We wish you the best of luck!Dismiss Notice
The Melee Mapping Contest #4: 2v2 - Results are out! Step by to congratulate the winners!Dismiss Notice
We're hosting the 15th Mini-Mapping Contest with YouTuber Abelhawk! The contestants are to create a custom map that uses the hidden content within Warcraft 3 or is inspired by any of the many secrets within the game.Dismiss Notice
The 20th iteration of the Terraining Contest is upon us! Join and create exquisite Water Structures for it.Dismiss Notice
Check out the Staff job openings thread.Dismiss Notice
Page 4 of 23
Created by StoPCampinGn00b
Patch 1.30.2 is LIVE
- Dec 1, 2018
Welcome new and returning players! 1.30.2 is live on Battle.net. Most of the patch notes have been detailed before in the previous PTR posts, but everything is live is now compiled in one place. This patch as most of you know completely overhauls the hosting system. Bots are no more at the trade of everyone being able to host with ease without opening the infamous 6112 port. Players can also filter and search for games in the client now.
Also note that there are issues with custom game lobbies crashing. The developers have stated that they are aware of the issue and are working on a hotfix.
Hotfix is live! +more patch info
Blizzard Forums Patch Notes
SPECIFIC CHANGES AND IMPROVEMENTS
Host and Player Commands
- Installation now supports verification of Reforged pre-purchase or legacy keys
- Added a filter for lobby name
- Added a filter for map name (prefix with @)
- Maps will now be uploaded and downloaded from the cloud
- All custom games from all gateways are now visible in the lobby browser
- Port forwarding is no longer required to host your favorite map for custom games
- Network traffic encrypted
- Updated custom game listing to have all games (for filtering) but list still shows the first 100 games
- Added region filter to custom game filter
- Added auto refresh of game information if less than 100 games on list
- Custom games that are full or cannot be joined are grayed out on games list (refresh to remove)
- Added kick and ban to player menu
- Limited color menu to selectable colors
- For arranged forces, changing player color will change player slot in game list
- Hosts have * next to their name
- Latency is shown on the right side of player list
- Improved peer-to-peer map transfer to increase download speed
- Game lobby is hosted in the cloud in closest supported data center to host
- Host leaving will not end game
Bug Fixes and Known Issues
Created by StoPCampinGn00b
- Nov 16, 2018
Patch 1.30.2 PTR Update #3 #4 and #5
As the whispers of Reforged continue to sweep across Azeroth, more additions to the new hosting system have been added to the current game on the Public Testing Realm. It includes various bug fixes, a few hero and race balance changes, and more host/player commands akin to some provided by bots. This should help with both host and lobby commands along with furthering personal player control of their social experiences.
See to all the changes on the official Blizzard post here.
As always, please test the game on the PTR and provide your feedback. Thank you!
In addition, there was a known bug for Reforged pre-orders not including the game. Blizzard confirmed that you'll be able to get the original game as part of the Reforged pre-order on December 1, as stated here.
4th PTR Update
More bug fixes for 1.30.2. Those who pre-ordered Reforged can also now play on the PTR!
PTR 1.30.2 Holiday Weekend Edition
5th PTR Update
More bug fixes and addressing desyncs.
PTR 1.30.2 Updated Update with Updates
Created by Archian
- Nov 4, 2018
Pete Stilwell, Senior Producer for Classic Games at Blizzard Entertainment
Noone can give the mass feedback, that we as a community can compile. Please post your thoughts and general feedback about Warcraft III Reforged on the links provided below. Comment about the things you have liked so far, things you didn't like, your concerns etc. Blizzard is listening. Please be constructive but also as clear and concise as possible.
Keep the feedback in the Patch Discussion forum and use the tag "Reforged". We also encourage users to create specific topics if they feel they are distinct and important enough.
Feedback Threads in Patch Discussion:
General Community Feedback (This Thread)
More on the way, please contribute in patch discussion!
Announcement News Post
What We Know So Far
WC3 Reforged Forums
Created by Archian
- Nov 2, 2018
Warcraft 3 Remastered Confirmed!
Warcraft® III: Reforged™ is a complete reimagining of a real-time strategy classic. Experience the epic origin stories of Warcraft, now more stunning and evocative than ever before.
Check the list, click here.
RELIVE THE ORIGINS OF AZEROTH’S GREATEST HEROES IN WARCRAFT® III: REFORGED™
The top-to-bottom upgrade of the seminal real-time strategy game includes a stunning visual update, over four hours of updated in-game cutscenes, and full Blizzard Battle.net® implementation
Warcraft III: Reforged features modern matchmaking and tournament support, and will be supported well into the future with gameplay and balance updates
Blizzard Entertainment today proudly unveiled Warcraft® III: Reforged™, a stunning reimagining of the revolutionary real-time strategy game that laid the foundation for Azeroth’s most epic stories. A remake in the truest sense, Warcraft III: Reforged sees the original Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos and its award-winning expansion, The Frozen Throne®, rebuilt from the ground up, with a thorough visual overhaul, a suite of contemporary social and matchmaking features via Blizzard Battle.net®, and a pledge of support for its thriving community of creators—starting with an upgraded World Editor.
The founding of Orgrimmar. The fall of Lordaeron. The reign of the Burning Legion. The rise of the Lich King. Veterans and newcomers alike will experience these pivotal events in Azeroth’s history like never before in Warcraft III: Reforged, from the points of view of four distinct factions: the mighty Orcs, the noble Humans, the ancient Night Elves, and the insidious Undead Scourge.
For Warcraft III: Reforged, every character, structure, and environment has been recreated to emphasize the depth, dimension, and personality of this rough-hewn world. The Warcraft III saga, which spans more than 60 campaign missions, enjoys an epic retelling in Reforged, with over four hours of updated in-game cutscenes and rerecorded voice-overs that breathe new life into the earliest renditions of key characters like Sylvanas Windrunner and Arthas Menethil.
“Warcraft III is monumentally important to us here at Blizzard, and its influence is evident in everything we’ve done since,” said J. Allen Brack, President of Blizzard Entertainment. “A project like Warcraft III: Reforged isn’t something we undertake lightly, partly because of this legacy, but more importantly, because we know what it means to our players.”
Warcraft III’s dedicated community of mapmakers has kept the game thriving since it launched in 2002, and Reforged boasts an improved World Editor highly influenced by an ongoing dialogue with this talented group of creators. With countless new tools and features, the World Editor will set mapmakers free to craft new universes for players to enjoy. Existing custom maps will be playable in Reforged, and players will be able to use the new matchmaker to find partners or opponents for traditional melee and custom games.
Warcraft III: Reforged will be released in 2019. Those eager to relive the history of Azeroth can pre-purchase the game today for 29.99 EUR for the standard edition, and 39.99 EUR for the Spoils of War Edition, which includes unique skins for four of the game’s hero units, as well as a host of in-game bonuses for a number of other Blizzard games, such as a gruesome Meat Wagon mount for World of Warcraft®, the Third War card back for Hearthstone®, and more.
For more information on Warcraft III: Reforged, visit the official website at http://www.playwarcraft3.com. For screenshots, video, and other media, go to https://blizzard.gamespress.com/classic.
Page 4 of 23