- Jan 1, 2006
Attention all Warcraft III fans! Get ready for the adventure of a lifetime!We are thrilled to announce the latest addition to Hive Workshop's Hosted Projects! Warcraft III: Exodus - a Warcraft III Classic Campaign Series.
"Warcraft 3: Exodus" is the brainchild of a talented modding team at Hive Workshop. Since its inception, the project has garnered a dedicated following, thanks to its exceptional storytelling, challenging missions, and impressive custom assets. "Warcraft 3: Exodus" is a testament to the enduring creativity and passion of the Warcraft III community.
In this new chapter, prepare to embark on a thrilling journey through the Violet Gate, and may your adventures be epic!
First the Undead Scourge's corruption and then the Burning Legion's invasion has left the Alliance of Lordaeron decimated and torn apart. Former Human and Elven Kingdoms now lie in ruins, roamed by horrific undead creatures, with major cities left under the iron fist of the Dreadlords' reign. To make matters worse, betrayal and discord has struck the Alliance from within, with treacherous Blood Elves conspiring with inhuman beasts and taking arms against their Human and Dwarven brethren. Despite the overwhelming odds, dispersed groups of resistance continue their desperate struggle. Even though the chances of victory seem to diminish with every comrade lost, it is said that even in the darkest of times a new hope may emerge from where you least expect it...
The first campaign of the series, already available, polished and patched, introduces a wealth of features that are sure to captivate both newcomers and returning players, including:
- A total overhaul of my old Exodus campaign
- 12 playable chapters + interludes
- Unique storyline that takes some concepts and characters from the predecessor, but is basically a whole new experience, introducing new plots, reimagining some events known from the Frozen Throne campaign, adding more background and depth to main characters
- Diverse gameplay, including classic RTS-style battles with plenty of new mechanics, exploration missions, epic boss fights and more
- Major graphical overhaul, including plenty of custom environment, structures, doodads and tiles
- Custom heroes, units, skills and items
- Unique models for main heroes
- Unique AI-generated voicelines for most playable units
- Heroes levelling up to 15, with 4-level basic abilities and 3-level ultimate abilities
- Several entirely new or modified techtrees, each featuring some new units, structures and gameplay style:
- Alliance of Lordaeron
- Alteraci Syndicate
- Stormpike Dwarves
- The Forsaken
- Undead Scourge
- Crushridge Ogres
- And more…
- All major shortcuts to units, structures and skills mapped to QWER-ASDF-ZXCV hotkeys for more intuitive gameplay
- Custom soundtrack from Warcraft 3: Reforged, World of Warcraft and other sources
- Normal or Hard difficulty level
- Recommended to play on 1.31 (tested by 3 people), there are some problems on 1.35