Best of the Wurst 10
In March and early April, we rolled out the previously announcedconfiguration file improvements, allowing for further code-based map metadata customization, and also laying additional groundwork for the independent map generation pipeline we envisage for the future of wurst.wurst.build
You can now make full use of the toolsuite from the command line with our new Grill package manager. Additionally, welcometo the standard library: a new damage detection and modification API, which supports and uses the new 1.29 natives.DamageEvent
- Upgrades to theconfiguration workflow. You can now modify scenario data such as players, teams, and loading screens, all without opening the world-editor. See the Tutorial for more information.wurst.build
- The WurstSetup received a face lift, including auto-update, better async tasks, and complete CLI functionality for power users.
- Objects and other allocations insideexpressions are now retained for use during runtime.compiletime
- Updatedstatement with joined cases, duplicate case detection, and control flow improvements.switch
- Annotations must now be properly defined to not throw a warning.
- Experimental support for @LeP's "hot code reload", which enables code modifications while the map is running.
We are very excited about having merged over a dozen pull requests and fixed plenty of bugs, thanks to many contributors! The highlights:
- Added the new packagefor damage detection and modification, and deprecated the olderDamageEventpackage.DamageType
- The timer used forexecutions can now be customized, allowing for the creation of a timer dialog.ClosureTimer
- Packagehas been cleaned up and fixed.LastOrder
- Packagecan now be fully configured.Printing
- Packagenow only listens to mouse events if those events are used.ClosureEvents
- Packageno longer generates default unit order strings, so they can be distinguished in events.OrderStringFactory
- GeneralizedanddamageTargetfrom unit to widget.isAliveTrick
- Added additional overloads for.flashEffect
- Added shorthandto make any ability castable by a dummy caster..setDummyAbility()
- Added missing field definitions inandUnitDefinition.AbilityDefinitionWindWalk
- dummy units can now be accessed via the dummy caster API.DummyCaster
- Fixed nested indexing/deindexing in UnitIndexer.
- Fixed counted callbacks not stopping properly in certain cases.
- Fixed, and improved image documentation.image.hideForPlayer
- Fixedinstances being executed incorrectly and now permits destroying instances directly.TimedLoop
e: Regarding the new LUA option, if it makes sense to use, we will add another backend.
- Added further - and improved existing - standard library documentation pages.
- We also recently rolled out a new tutorial on closures - be sure to check it out.
- Webpage interface breadcrumbs for tutorial, stdlib, and blog posts now include all parents.
- Our domain is now verified on GitHub.
>> Continue to Spotlight <<
Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.Dismiss Notice
DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.Dismiss Notice
Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.Dismiss Notice
The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.Dismiss Notice
The Secrets of Warcraft 3 have revealed interesting works. The RESULTS for Abelhawk's Mini-Mapping Contest #15 have come out!Dismiss Notice
Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!Dismiss Notice
Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.Dismiss Notice
Night Rider gained several songs for his journey. The poll for the 12th Music Contest has started. Check it out!Dismiss Notice
Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.Dismiss Notice
Check out the Staff job openings thread.Dismiss Notice
Page 3 of 24
Page 3 of 24