This month we addressed some older issues, as well as adding juicy new features. Our spotlight this time is about new vscode features.
We also want to say thanks to the community for the avid support and contributions in the last few months, helping Wurst to become better than ever!
- Patch 1.30 is supported and the reccommended version for Wurst development.
- Vanilla Jass is now parsed with its own grammar, which improves compatibility for input maps.
- Addedand@inlineannotations to allow more fine grained control over inlining behavior.@noinline
- The inliner has also been improved and now handles inlining on a call by call basis.
- Added breadcrumbs, outline view and symbol renaming to vscode extension.
- Colors used in wurst color tuples and wc3 color codes are now shown in vscode.
- Functions fromthat are used during map initialization no longer get inlined, preventing map script bloat, in particular with more than 12 players.blizzard.j
- Added warnings for unused private class variables and functions.
- Fixed a case of dead code not being detected, which resulted in duplicate statements when manually nulling handles
- The error window's tab width has been reduced so the code isn't overly indented anymore.
- Profiled and addressed a couple CPU and Memory concerns (thanks to ej-technologies' open-source JProfiler license).
Standard library highlights
WurstScript is a programming language and toolchain to build warcraft 3 maps.
- FileIO and Network libraries have been updated for 24 players and new natives (PR #94, PR #106, PR #107).
- (PR #95, PR #97), andDamageType(PR #96) received more fixes for edge case bugs.OnUnitEnterLeave
- Asset lists have been improved by (PR #98, PR #103, PR #114).
- API received fixes by (PR #102, PR #104)trigger
- AddedandMatricesmath packages which can also be used to manipulate effects (PR #111, PR #112).Quaternion
- Removed anotherimport from the stdlib which improves code quality.initlater
- We have several more PRs currently in the reviewing process, regarding Damage Modification, Bitwise Manipulation and FileIO.
Please help test custom maps and more on the latest PTR!Dismiss Notice
Create competitive 1v1 maps in the Melee Mapping Contest #2!Dismiss Notice
Evolution complete! Make Darwin proud and go vote in the Techtree Contest #12 - Poll.Dismiss Notice
Icon Contest #17 - Results are out! Step by to congratulate our winners!Dismiss Notice
Succumb to the whispers and join our Texturing Contest #29 - Old Gods!Dismiss Notice
The results for Texturing Contest #28 are out! Step by to congratulate our winners!Dismiss Notice
We've created the Staff Job Openings thread. We're currently in need of icon, video production, and social/multimedia positions to be filled. Thank you!Dismiss Notice
Page 1 of 18
Page 1 of 18