1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Melee Mapping Contest #4: 2v2 - Results are out! Step by to congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We're hosting the 15th Mini-Mapping Contest with YouTuber Abelhawk! The contestants are to create a custom map that uses the hidden content within Warcraft 3 or is inspired by any of the many secrets within the game.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 20th iteration of the Terraining Contest is upon us! Join and create exquisite Water Structures for it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Winter is Coming v2.0

Submitted by FeelsGoodMan
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
[​IMG]

DISCLAIMER: Sounds will not work correctly if playing Warcraft 1.30.4. This map is best played on version 1.29, and POSSIBLY unplayable on earlier versions (this has not been tested).

Map description:

Hello Hive,

Today I am posting a map that I have been working non-stop on for weeks. I wouldnt say it can compare to a lot of the awesome stuff I see people have developed here, but for me this is a great milestone in my map making.

Making this map has taught me more about the world editor than I had ever imagined it would, and in my own opinion I was able to make something half-decent.

I hope some of you play it, and of course enjoy it in the process :)

(Don't kill me for using blizzard cliffs some places).

Hero Selection:

All heroes has 5 abilities.

lvl 1 abilities has 5 levels, lvl 3 ability has 3 levels, lvl 6 ability has 2 levels and lvl 10 ability has 1 level.

At levels 17, 18, 19 and 20 the heroes will automatically get one attribute bonus point.

• Just a display of the hero selection area.
    [​IMG]

• Name: Tor Odinsson
    Hero class: Tank
    Hero information: A hero focusing on lightning attacks. Fun to play, was previously the most boring hero but is now one of the most entertaining.
    Spells:
    1. Thunder clap: Classic warcraft
    2. Armor Strike: Infuses the warriors hammer with lightning, striking enemy target for X damage. Increases armor by X and damage by X% for 15 seconds
    3. Shockwave: Classic warcraft
    4. Thunderbolt: Caster calls down a bolt of lightning that deals damage to enemy units in the area. Thunderbolt instantly kills the units with low HP and explodes them to pieces dealing 25 damage in a small area around it.
    5. Thor's Might: The warrior calls upon the heavenly forces to shoot hammers and lightning bolts in all directions. Each hit deals 400 damage and the lightning jumps to up to 10 times.
    [​IMG]

• Name: Sigurd Lothbrok
    Hero class: Support
    Hero information: Second most boring hero, next to Warrior. Needs more custom abilities.
    Spells:
    1. Rejuvenation: Classic warcraft + mana regen
    2. Thorns Aura: Classic warcraft
    3. Healing Ward: Classic warcraft + wards can cast abolish magic and lightning shield.
    4. Nature Spirit: Summons a movable nature spirit that deals X damage per second to nearby enemies, and heals X HP to nearby friendly units. Lasts 30 seconds and explodes for X damage in X AoE before it vanishes. If the spirit travels farther than 1000 range from the druid it vanishes without exploding.
    5. Treant Explosion: Summons four treants that heals all nearby heroes before they charge target unit and blows it up. Damages 400 per treant to close enemies and 200 to enemies outside range 100.
    [​IMG]

• Name: Alva Gunnlaugsdottir
    Hero class: Dps
    Hero information: This hero has no auto attack, only attack spells. Has a slight mastery curve, but fun to play and kite with.
    Spells:
    1. Fireball: Shoots a ball of fire at target enemy, dealing X damage.
    2. Frost Blast: Blasts enemy units with a wave of frost that deals X damage to the target. Cold damage slows units' movement and attack rate for 3 seconds.
    3. Arcane Explosion: Creates an arcane explosion. Deals X damage to enemies within range 500.
    4. Fire Barrage: Bombards an area with fireballs, dealing X damage per second to nearby enemy units and stunning them over X seconds. Shoots X missiles.
    5. Elemental Barrage: Summons a portal that shoots elemental spells at all nearby enemy units. Each spell does 50 cold, fire or magic damage, according to what kind of spell is shot.
    [​IMG]

• Name: Gunnar Ravnhals
    Hero class: Tank
    Hero information: My personal favorite. Charge spell is buggy if it doesn't reach its target (especially if the target dies). I am planning on changing it out.
    Spells:
    1. Frenzy: Classic warcraft but massively buffed
    2. Taunt: Classic warcraft but improved
    3. Raging Blow: Deals a heavy blow to target enemy. Dealing X initial damage and making it bleed for X over 5 seconds.
    4. Charge: Charges towards the target unit and knocks the target in the other direction. Dazes and deals X damage to enemies within 300 range of the Barbarian.
    5. Grand Slam: The Barbarian gathers strength and slams the ground with unparallelled force, sending shockwaves in all directions. Stuns for 4 seconds and deals 100 damage in 300 AoE per shockwave point. Each wave has 8 shockwave points.
    [​IMG]

• Name: Asmund Brenna:
    Hero class: Support
    Hero information: Support hero with some cool abilities. More interesting to play than warrior and druid.
    Spells:
    1. Quick Strike: Strikes the enemy with concentrated chi energy, dealing X damage.
    2. Spirit Link: Links units together in a chain. All units with Spirit Link on them will live longer, by distributing X% of the damage they take across other Spirit Linked units.
    3. Holy Light: classic warcraft but improved and can target self.
    4. Chi Strike: The caster uses chi energy to hit a single target 6 times rapidly, dealing a total of X damage.
    5. Holy Well: Summons a well that shoots rays of holy beams at nearby enemies, damaging 50 per ray. Has the ability "Replenish Life and Mana". Lasts 30 seconds.
    [​IMG]

• Name: Loke Draumtopp
    Hero class: Dps
    Hero information: Really fun to play hero with well thought out abilities and interesting game mechanics. Takes a bit getting used to, but can push out insane amounts of damage if played right. Has no auto attack or mana, uses HP to cast spells.
    Spells:
    1. Bolt of Blood: Shoots a bolt of blood at target enemy, dealing X damage.
    2. Blood Magic: Gives target a buff that deals X damage pr. second over 10 seconds.
    3. Blood Ritual: Opens a portal to the underworld at chosen spot. Stuns nearby enemies for 6 seconds and damages X over time.
    4. Blood Brothers: Casts a buff at target creature. After 5 seconds the target of the buff will take damage equal to X% of damage the warlock took within those 5 seconds. The warlock is then healed X% of total damage taken within 5 seconds.
    5. Link Blast: Deals damage equal to 30% of the blood warlock's current HP.
    [​IMG]

• Name: Angan Friggjar
    Hero class: Universal / Single player hero
    Hero information: Has some cool spells, but they are borrowed from other heroes. Is considerably stronger than the other heroes. Only available if playing alone.
    Spells:
    1. Rejuvenation: See Druid spell
    2. Critical Strike: Classic Warcraft.
    3. Raging Blow: See Barbarian spell.
    4. Chi Strike: See Monk spell.
    5. Grand Slam: See Barbarian Spell.
    [​IMG]

Please go easy on me, I have just picked up map making again :) I am in no way a very good map maker or anything, I just make stuff I like and play it with my friends, co-workers and family.

The future release of reforged has rekindled a flame in me, and I am hyped for the new models. Some simple and honest feedback would be appreciated. I suck at balancing so any help in that regard is greatly appreciated.

Also please note that none of the spells are MUI as I suck at that, and they don't really need to be as you will not be able to play two of the same hero in one play through.

Changelog:
8th of January, 2019: v1.0 - Initial release.
8th of January, 2019: v1.1 - Changed Lich model to Icecrown seer.
9th of January, 2019: v1.2 - Changed a lot of models, made final boss harder, remade entire cave.
10th of January, 2019: v1.3 - Added per level description in learn tooltip for abilities, added quest log, visuals on resurrection stone, bug fix, changed single player hero model (old one had weird animations).
10th of January, 2019: v1.4 - bug fixes.
11th of January, 2019: v1.5 - A lot of gameplay improvements.
11th of January, 2019: v1.6 - Skippable cinematics.
12th of January, 2019: v1.7 - Orb of chaos now effectively applies the correct orb effects.
14th of January, 2019: v1.8 - Terrain improvements, AI for ancient mages, added models, general gameplay/trigger improvements.
15th of January, 2019: v1.9 - Terrain improvements, added mini boss, more AI for several mobs, added model, icon change for link blast, added item cheese.
24th of January, 2019: v.2.0 - Patch notes too many for this changelog. Read pastebin for info.
Contents

Winter is Coming (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Please remove the campaign tag. This is not a campaign at all. It's just a map. Campaigns are more than 1 map, related and especially under a .w3n file. Why is there a difference between the author and username? [spoiler] The map is nice, old...
  1. BlueSaint

BlueSaint

Resources:
    Tools:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Reported to your boss. Whose name begins with a letter between a and z in case you don't believe me.

2. FeelsGoodMan

FeelsGoodMan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Lots of changes has been made, and gameplay has been improved. Details are in the changelog.

3. DrakPanda

DrakPanda

Resources:
    Resources:
    singleplayer playthrough
    1 no visual activation on resurrection stone
    2 abilities all have gives X does X for X numbers would be very nice to know before choosing
    3 no quests actually appear in the quest log
    4 some how teleported into gateway behind the pitlord, fought and killed him, apon moving past him game got stuck like it was trying to do a cutscene with the pitlord he had a exclamation point over his head like many other npc's with cutscenes
    #4 game breaking bug game just stops cant continue

4. FeelsGoodMan

FeelsGoodMan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Sorry about that, bug has been fixed. Do give it another go.

I will be working on implementing the other things you mentioned after I get off work today.

5. BlackSniper31

BlackSniper31

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nice map,especially if you got someone to play with.
    I really like Lars and Booom part ;).

6. FeelsGoodMan

FeelsGoodMan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    All of the mentioned issues has been addressed, and is now fixed.

Thanks, I am glad you liked it :) Did you play single player or co-op?

7. BlackSniper31

BlackSniper31

Resources:
    Resources:
    I played it co-op with my brother,i played the druid and he played the warrior.

8. DrakPanda

DrakPanda

Resources:
    Resources:
    OUTDATED FOR USE OF REVIEW, please play alone or with a friend its worth the trip

Singleplayer Playthrough part 2
    -cant i just control 2 heros playing singleplayer instead of the OP other hero?
    -wish i could skip cutscenes
    1 lars quest update, doesnt update anything in quest log even though it flashes (quest still functions fine)
    -still laugh at lars notion of hunting for food when he cant take down 1 wolf all alone
    -cutscenes would make more sense when talking about "us" in plural form if i had 2 heros under my control
    2 rez stone at camp no visual (may have been out of sight do to cutscene)
    3 agnars cutscene plays out a second time after first completion
    1a none of quest's updates are reflected in quest log (still flashes and update appears on screen)
    2a stone by demon portal no visual, not even sure why that one is there
    2b stone after demon portal teleport no visual
    -south of orb of fire drop 2 nerubians belong to player 4?
    -southeast of nerubians fountain of health also belongs to player 4?
    4 penguin on cloud has such a hard time pathing all the way back to king, hero this is less so but will still walks into a clearly not accessible path.
    5 spelling error many times over.
    "Remains" a noun can only be used as a verb in (third person present) otherwise normally refers to the remains of something
    while the word "Remain" a verb has many forms remains (third person present), remained (past tense), remained (past participle), remaining (present participle) this is the case you are trying to use it in most of the ghosts dialogue "5 remain, 4 remain, 3 remain, 2 remain, 1 remains" (insert joke about english language here) yes that "S" for the last one is correct.
    -auto pathing around the map tends to skip many of the baddies along the road (purposely followed road in hopes for drops)
    6 orb of chaos pretty sure specific orb effects cant stack with each other (this case the poison from the venom orb doesnt work at all)
    -dwarven crown "neutral hostile versions" little bit out of context not entirely sure what is being refereed to
    -unable to find rign of protection +2 but thats probly just cause i couldnt find it
    2c stone in cave no visual, also possible to run past it and perhaps die? game over or teleported back outside? if back outside does the barrier come back down? (didnt test just hugged the stone cause i alrdy knew it was there)
    2d stone right before freezing flame no visual
    -found 2a's purpose and does then
    -long walk huh?

VICTORY!
    no game breaking bugs found
    2/5 game works many bugs

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
  9. FeelsGoodMan

FeelsGoodMan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ok so, here goes:

You can now control 2 heroes.

I haven't made it possible to skip cutscenes (yet). I do not know how, but will learn it.

All quests should now update with descriptions in the quest log.

Lars has 200 more HP.

All ress stones were silently activating, even the one in the cave you talked about. Dumb of me to not show it in any way, but I have now added the proper animations to all ress stones, and a map ping+notification. Now it's impossible to miss :p Also the one over by the frost/fire lord won't activate before you enter the final boss chamber. It has to do with how I built the spawn for the final boss.

If you went and killed the dire wolf and got the necklace before talking to Agnar then I guess that can happen. Road has now been blocked until you talk to Agnar.

Nerubians has changed owner to NH, fountain to NP.

Added a lot of pathing blockers to hopefully make the penguin / hero auto walk path better. If not, then it is always possible to just rally point. Some pathing issues will arise is a semi open city anyway.

Spelling errors will be fixed. As you can probably tell, English is not my first language so I need to look closer on that.

Hmm I wasn't aware of the orb effects, I will find a replacement. Would adding the orb abilities to a spell book work?

Neutral Hostile taken out of dwarven crown tooltip.

Ring of protection 2 is to the far west in the city. All the rings are held by random spiders/nerubians, they can be hard to find sometimes.

Long walk has been fixed. It was intended for the alternative ending (You chose to not betray Ragnar). Now if you choose to not betray him the walk is considerably shorter.

I hope you haven't been put off playing my map yet. Do let me know of any further issues, thank you for making me aware of them so far :)

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  10. DrakPanda

DrakPanda

Resources:
    Resources:
    actually happend after i finished the quest

i beat it once with cheats, eager to try with 2 heros legit

11. FeelsGoodMan

FeelsGoodMan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I think I found the problem with Agnar, it should be fixed.

Also, cinematics are now skippable, with the exception of the final boss cinematic and one other cinematic I can't find out why won't skip. I will look more into it.

Edit: Orb of chaos should now be working properly.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  12. FeelsGoodMan

FeelsGoodMan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Map has been heavily updated. Mainly with AI for certain mobs so the game play becomes more dynamic.

Also, this is marked as pending, any idea what needs to be done for it to be approved?

13. DrakPanda

DrakPanda

Resources:
    Resources:
    an actual map reviewer has to come and review it

theres a forum for a map review exchange some where, on hive

14. DrakPanda

DrakPanda

Resources:
    Resources:
  15. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'm currently playing the map. What's the rush? RPGs and campaigns are not maps to be played in a matter of few minutes.

16. FeelsGoodMan

FeelsGoodMan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks for the tips.

No rush, just curious about what/when to expect it. Coming off as impatient was never my intention, I'm still quite new to Hive :)

17. DrakPanda

DrakPanda

Resources:
    Resources:
    @deepstrasz sorry didnt know just have gone through the map for 2 iterations looking for basic things normally a reviewer gets to a map by now, just wanted to provide him info to help expedite things since he asked, been looking every where for that damn "grand map review exchange forum" so i could link it to him.

18. FeelsGoodMan

FeelsGoodMan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ah I actually entered my map in that thread not long ago :p

19. DrakPanda

DrakPanda

Resources:
    Resources:
    should get you out of the pending pit then, still working on my legit run but i feel like i need to restart every time there is a patch, been good so far