Obsidian Overlord

This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
meh, a simple edit (at least for me). I decided to go a different way in making my skeletons. i kinda liked how it turned out

And here's the icon made by the awesome NFwar:
icons_13330_btn.jpg

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/icons-541/btnobsidianoverlord-191541/

~UPDATE
-fixed the wrap in the chest, arm, horns and the wing spike things.
-also added a portrait

~UPDATE 2
-re UV'd the chest for the portrait

Keywords:
skeleton, obsidian, lord, wings, scythe wings
Contents

Obsidian Overlord (Model)

Obsidian Overlord (Model)

Reviews
16:53, 9th Mar 2011 DonDustin: this is BY FAR your best model yet, mainly, because you finally got a great concept and used creative textures to create it. DonDustin: everything is fixed-->approved
Status
Not open for further replies.

M

16:53, 9th Mar 2011
DonDustin: this is BY FAR your best model yet, mainly, because you finally got a great concept and used creative textures to create it.

DonDustin: everything is fixed-->approved

Level 41
deserves a 5/10! +++rep >:)

You realize that means 2.5\5, right...?
Oh well.

The usage of UI textures here is awesome. The skull is great. As DonDustin pointed out, your wrap is not perfect in some places. I also believe you should use a different portion of the wrap for the chest, since it gets kinda repetitive with the shoulders using the same area of the texture. You should also include a real portrait, and since it doesn't seem to have a lower jaw you don't even need to make actual talking animations; Just stick in the skull mesh on, say, the skeleton portrait, then modify the wrap of the Skeleton's chest to resemble your model's and finally add some details(wings, glow in eyes) to finish it up and voila! You have a perfectly working, good looking portrait.
You also have a ridiculously huge amount of geosets that can be merged into one. You just need to add the appropriate vertex groups and then assign them manually in Vertex Modifier. The less geosets you have, the smaller the filesize of the model will be.
And finally, you need to reverse the vertex order on those wing details, since the normals there are fucked up; The faces are shaded in the wrong way.
You could also, perhaps, use a few different textures in order to give this model a little bit of a color variation. Some teamcolor wouldn't hurt, especially on the chest or on the shoulderpads.
That's all I have to say. Good work, otherwise.

Level 15
Holy Cthulhu! This is awesome! This model is freaking cool! 5/5, +rep

I really hope you will keep to this "way in making your skeletons" ;)

Level 5
This is just....
AWESOME!!!
And looks like extremely perfect to make and Obsidian Hero, in some hero arena maps! Awesome man! ^^
5/5 + rep point

Last edited:
Level 19
The Lich King was busy and I wonder if he has other inventions on which he created on hold in storage.
Would be cool to see undead lords, try to take over what is left of the undead armies and try to not to make them turn into mindless zombies, in which the Lich King controlled them so.

Level 10
I will kill people if this doesn't get at least a 5/5 or Director's cut... Because Seriously, this one... is better than the half DC-ed models. I swear, and using UI textures is just insane, in the positive way. You, my friend, officially, became awesome.

Level 41
I will kill people if this doesn't get at least a 5/5 or Director's cut... Because Seriously, this one... is better than the half DC-ed models. I swear, and using UI textures is just insane, in the positive way. You, my friend, officially, became awesome.

While I agree this model IS pretty damn good, I strongly disagree about the part saying it's better than 'half the Director's Cut models'. The model has quite a few technical and visible flaws that should be fixed, and all in all it's just a simple edit of the Dreadlord with a pair of custom wings and a custom skull.
Although, using the UI textures is indeed pretty damn awesome. :p

Level 19
I did not understanded well what did the warlord said, but i had an incrible idea for my map, that will include this model! Thanks Warlord! :D

I just said it would be useful to use, and don't mind me and I just like to blabber on, what the model can be used for.
So yeah, so you don't have to worry, but thank for understanding.
Still a excellent model for both a undead map, a evil boss for a RPG map, or just a bone demon for use as well. :ogre_hurrhurr:

Level 10
While I agree this model IS pretty damn good, I strongly disagree about the part saying it's better than 'half the Director's Cut models'. The model has quite a few technical and visible flaws that should be fixed, and all in all it's just a simple edit of the Dreadlord with a pair of custom wings and a custom skull.
Although, using the UI textures is indeed pretty damn awesome. :p

Well, not really better than half, but a couple.

Status
Not open for further replies.