1. Icon Contest #17 - Results are out! Step by to congratulate our winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We've created the Staff Job Openings thread. We're currently in need of icon, video production, and social/multimedia positions to be filled. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Melee Mapping Contest #2 - Results are out! Step by to congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. C'thun has spoken! Texturing Contest #29 - Results are published - check 'em out!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Step by the Techtree Contest #12 - Results to congratulate the winners and check some ingenious techtrees!
    Dismiss Notice

Ujimasa Hojo's Resources Discussion

Discussion in 'Modeling & Animation' started by Ujimasa Hojo, Nov 7, 2013.

1. Ujimasa Hojo

Ujimasa Hojo

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ujimasa Hojo Presents

Author's Notes and Trivia:
    • After the major site update, I have been slowly reworking my models before uploading them in the model section. This thread serves as some sort of index where the models are cataloged according to their themes. The packs in each thread are not updated with the models in the official model section but they do contain old models not yet featured in the official model section.
    • I'd like to quote this: "THIS IS NOT THE PLACE FOR REQUESTS". While I'm open to suggestions, I can't guarantee I'm going to do them.
    • People are free to edit the models if they feel they need to. If you are going to upload it, ask permission or give credit.
    • Check out the Ujimasa Hojo's Maps and Resources Discussions.
    • Check out the map and the model previews at my Youtube, BitChute, or DailyMotion Channels as well and hopefully subscribe.
    • Follow me on Twitter, Gab, or Minds.
    • While I do these stuff as a hobby, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to accept donations from our more fortunate Hivers I suppose :p.
      • My PayPal is here.
      • My Bitcoin wallet addresses are at 36ngyoNso9kvvugEa4YjZA1qkbSRZXpN6k or 3JpY33ppR72VxdxaU5GaFogyMHoboMeSij
      • My Ethereum wallet address is at 0xff8baa64e79eede8e38117234cd1f1d8584946ab

Last edited: Nov 16, 2018 at 1:13 PM
  2. chr2

chr2

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    In World of Warcraft, some Forsaken buildings harness lightning through lightning rods on the roofs (in a similar fashion to how Frankenstein's experiments are often depicted - you know, lightning strikes the rod, there's a burst of electricity, and Frankenstein's monster comes alive). Perhaps an interesting addition to the laboratory, maybe for the work animation?

3. Darkloid

Darkloid

Resources:
    Resources:
    Awesome models and Ideas, we'll need some Forsaken airforce though, there are no undead flying units that might fit the Forsaken in the hive I'm afraid :c

4. Engkanto

Engkanto

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    IF its forsaken.... the valkyr could be the most powerful unit in their race right...?
    so why not make a building that trains valkyrs?... there are valkyr models in the hive.... or maybe they could even train varguls!

im thinking of the building's name as.... "Graveyard of the Damned" or something like.... "the Heroes Cementery". or .. "Vrykul's Mausoleum"?

5. Chen

Chen

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    No, they should be heroes. Why? There are only few Valkyr left look for the Valkyrs left here = http://www.wowwiki.com/

6. Darkloid

Darkloid

Resources:
    Resources:
    It's a bit too plain on the sides, maybe add some vials like you said or some kind of cage, as Forsaken are known for capturing enemies for experimenting with them.

7. Darkloid

Darkloid

Resources:
    Resources:
    Now it's just perfect, now somebody must make some Apothecary or Plague Doctor model.

Edit. On a side note, yo can try adding some spikes based on the fences on the roof of the curved beams buildings, so they can have some more "Forsaken" feeling, you now, every forsaken building seem to have spikes on their rooftop.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
  8. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    0) Would you like me/us to post all our critiques for the other models in this thread, so it's all in one place? I can do that for reference purposes.

Links to Posts
    Altar of Queens
    http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2433549-post3.html
    http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2439127-post18.html
    Arcane Den
    http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2439124-post6.html
    Grave
    http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2439486-post5.html
    Hall
    http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2419727-post8.html
    Slaughterhouse
    http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2440064-post5.html
    http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2441533-post22.html
    Town Hall
    http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2418871-post10.html

1) While I can totally understand the artistic desire & necessity to pick a few textures from which to build a cohesive theme (& thank you for it, as opposed to just building it from whatever), I have to re-iterate my issues with the recent bout of Forsaken models' decidedly "purple" twist... Taking a look at your Town Hall, it's absolutely amazing!... But then Hall, Altar, Grave, and Boneyard-redux all have these big, purple, curvy (NE?) beams that make up significant portions of the models. Have you tested it with the various TeamColors? I'm sure there must be a better option somewhere that'll still fit your (appropriate) need for cohesion.

2) Don't worry too much about consensus. Besides, this is the Internet; true consensus is entirely impossible. Try to stay true to your vision... However, there's also nothing saying you can't just upload all the "rejects" here on this thread (or elsewhere) for people to comb through as they need. I for one would love to make requests & suggestions, and if people didn't like it, well, I'll just take my copy & be gone. :p

3) I for one really like the idea of a "Work In Progress" thread for your building-series. Really let's people weigh in before it goes through all the rigmarole of being uploaded. Only wish you'd done so for some earlier stuff. :< Count me in.

4) That would be awexome. See #2.

This is a very good & fitting idea for the Forsaken. A 'Laboratory' and/or 'Apothecarium' is great. So far it's all looking good (and you've avoided all that "deep purple" of the others!), so keep it coming.

~~~

Some ideas (man, I wish I had my Forsaken race more fleshed out)...

So far you've got the Town Hall, Farm, Altar, Caster Barracks, Upgrader/Lumber-Receptacle, T2 Barracks... Looks like you still need Tower(s), Racial Shop, T1 Barracks, T3 "Ownage Device" Barracks, maybe a few other Barracks's's's... And then any other special buildings the Forsaken would have (Blight Generators? Warp Gates? Lumber Yards? etc)

First, some name suggestions for a properly macabre pseudo-Undead (not using existing Undead names, like "Crypt" or "Graveyard"):
    • Mausoleum*
    • (Tomb)
    • Sepulchre*
    • Grave (already got this)
    • Reliquary (this would be great as Shop, unless you do an evil Library of sorts... "Pit of Archives"?)
    • Phylactery (more of an Item, technically)
    • Catacombs*
    • Barrow (as in Wights)
    • etc

Then, some ideas:
    • Racial Shop: See above for the Racial Shop (some sort of "tomb of horrors" remake would make sense, but also sort of a "corrupted Arcane Vault" to go along with the "Undead-esque Humans" theme. Also consider a twisted evil Library owned by a mad Apothecary ("Archivist's Grave")
    • Plague (& Others) Towers: Going along with my earlier discussion of how the Forsaken = Undead + Humans, trying to form an interesting combination of their races seems like a good direction to start. Humans & Undead are the only two factions with Upgradeable Towers (and lots at that), so some kind of mix between the Scout Tower & Ziggurat makes sense (like ruined husks of Scout Towers, retro-fitted with Forsaken weaponry). Weaponry like:
      • PLAGUE CAULDRONS! This is a must have, somewhere in any good Forsaken race. Make an awexome, ornate & evil Cauldron, bubbling with thick, noxious brew and overflowing with frumious Plague Clouds... Stick that on the ruined husk of a Scout Tower, and you're in business. :p
      • Evil Prism Towers! Stick some non-Spirit-Tower-like "spectral energy crystals/mirrors" in a tall ornate tower (perhaps stolen from the designs of fallen Dalaran), and create a Red-Alert-2-like "Prism Tower", which shoots lances of powerful spectral energy (& boosts from other nearby towers!)
      • Basic (Evil) Archer Towers! Throw some archer-holes & tent-works on a broken tower, and stick some archers in there.
      • Evil Magic Towers! Take that whole "fallen Dalaran" idea to the max and create a variety of twisted Phantasmagoric Magic Towers.
      • Sunken Colony-remake! Perhaps a potent Forsaken ShadowPriest, ensconced in a tower, forms great spikes of shadow energy at nearby enemy ground units, impaling them at great distances! (see Zerg in Starcraft)
      • The list goes on (just not this one xD).
    • Fallen Dalaran: Ok, this is good enough for it's own idea-slot... I've been thinking about my post-Wc3 pre-WoW Forsaken, and what strikes me is that, as the "new power in Lordaeron", and direct neighbors to the daemon-crushed city of wonders that was Dalaran (as seen in the TFT Human campaign)... Well, there's a whole menagerie of solid architecture, units, abilities, ideas, and concepts right there. Forsaken seems like a "thinkers-race" anyway... Should have a fair supply of dead & disgruntled mages & their homes.
      Anyway, consider the above (energy towers), as well as the above (shops)... But also perhaps a floating set of buildings? Or a second "caster-shop" that is like the Arcane Sanctum? Or perhaps a twisted/evil "Observatory" (see Human campaign in TFT), as a special building providing sight & other bonuses?...
    • T3 "Ownage Device" Barracks: I think the T3 "Ownage Device" for the Forsaken should either be a sort of Ghostly Dragon (ehhhhh...), or, more likely, the elite Forsaken "gods-on-earth"... 'Shadow Ascendants'. That's right. Objects of worship and pinnacles of all ghostliness. Not sure where they would come from, though (super-Crypt? super-Sacrificial Pit to the Nether Realm? super-Spiritual-Dojo? etc)

That's all I can think of for now. Gotta get some work done. However, I'm interested to see your thoughts. Thanks again for giving us all a chance to speak up, and good luck!

===
    ===
    ===

If you wouldn't mind, could you just throw the images you attach into a handy-dandy "Hidden" folder? Otherwise, the screen gets stretched & it's hard to read the text.

Definitely, I'll get working on that.

*sniff* So no thoughts on all the other stuff I posted?... :p

Hm... Well, I for one am really liking where it's going. It's a recognizable outline (Workshop), but you've sufficiently added stuff & retextured such that, IMO, it looks pretty creative (and would definitely be useful for the Forsaken; I could see Plague-a-pults & other mechs being built there, as well as Apothecaries, Research Scientists & other units being trained there).

I'd love the idea of a spinning "water-wheel/centrifuge" for potions, but I'm secretly holding onto that design for a Goblin ChemLab for MiniMage, so... Yeah, no skin off my teeth if it's not there. :p

That being said, I think something with vials (or really barrels, like plague-barrels) would be very fitting; where are they keeping all that Blight? (i.e. that big tank in the bank, but that could be more of a big mixing facility or something).

Keep it coming.

===
    ===
    ===

Umm... Sure, it's not as Heroic as we might want (either change anims or remove hero glow/dissipate), but it's pretty dang good & a personal favorite of mine (should be, since it was my team-mate's model for our entry in the 3rd Hero Contest :p).

(HINT: This site (and vB in general) uses "Hidden" tags, not "spoiler" tags)

I could argue that "that's WoW, this is Wc3", but I tend to agree; that spiky Northrend fence (and potentially some "roof-top spikes") would really help some of these models stand out.

Looking even better (though the floating cage is a bit weird :p). Aside from the above (spiky roof and/or spiky fence), as well as the requisite "green bubbling goop" during the Work animation... I think this is pretty good. Nice job. :p

Any replies/thoughts on my comments/ideas/etc?

Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
  9. Darkloid

Darkloid

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hmmmm I don't know, somehow I don't like the idea of a retextured Orc Barracks, but guess I'll have to see the final result to judge.

10. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Interesting... Guess I'll have to see it to believe it (Orc Barracks seems like an odd choice). Wish I had given more thought to the primary Forsaken troops... However, I think it's safe to say the Orc Barracks could use some adjustments. Maybe a taller central tower, or peaked roofs as the Forsaken seem wont to build... Definitely (if it's a "Mausoleum") some downwards-staircases and such to signify a "crypt"-like building.

Looking forward to it.

11. Chen

Chen

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    The Arrow Tower looks alright but you should not remove the arrows since the Forsaken has archers too. The Arcane Tower's energies can be green. The Cannon Tower can be a plague tower. You can add skulls to make it more "Forsaken-ish".

12. Darkloid

Darkloid

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, I don't like that much the initial result of the towers, and here I come again with my images:

Tower
    [​IMG]

Moar Towers
    [​IMG]

You can add some lanterns or something like that, and the spiky roofs, also for the cannon tower you can make it look more like mechanic, at least the cannon part.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
  13. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Interesting, and a good start. One thing I'd consider is differentiating from the existing (Human) towers. Part of that is making them look more... broken? Decrepit?

Part of it is considering what the Forsaken would have... I'd submit with no Dwarves, = no Cannon towers, and no Elves/Mages (questionable, see below) = no Arcane Towers. Definitely look into that "Plague Tower" suggestion (mah favorite!), but also consider that, being made up of dead Humans (Lordaeron), Elves (Quel'thalas) and Mages (Dalaran), you could make a set of interesting towers there (see earlier ideas). Something like the Arcane Tower, perhaps, but don't make a carbon, re-textured copy... Maybe something like this the RA2 Prism Tower?
    Prism Tower

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Or even something different! Mix & match some other buildings to make a unique tower!

Also, while the main-part of the tower is looking good, I feel like there's got to be a better texture for the upper-part; it looks too compressed & junked up. Maybe just a grayer-version of the regular Stone? Or something.

Definitely a good start.

14. bhusta

bhusta

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I can only agree to that.

I would like to see a geomerge of the ziggurat base with the human towers. But you already have a building for food.
    So I guess my suggestion is useless :D

15. Ujimasa Hojo

Ujimasa Hojo

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  16. Anknaton

Anknaton

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well I got a suggestion... I hope there is to late... To the Arcane type tower you could make a Lightning Spire with the forsaken touch... based on the Tesla Coil from C&C: Red Alert 2... I hope you like the idea! :)

17. Ujimasa Hojo

Ujimasa Hojo

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  18. NhazUl

NhazUl

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'd swap the textures on the walls (monotone purple) with the base (gargoyle spire). Otherwise looks great.

19. Ujimasa Hojo

Ujimasa Hojo

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  20. Mezaluh

Mezaluh

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wasn't there also a dark garden model? :vw_wtf: I cannot find it anywhere... and it looked the best from the whole forsaken series