1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The contestants were to create water structures for the 20th Terraining Contest. Choose one in the public poll!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Join other hivers in a friendly concept-art contest. The contestants have to create a genie coming out of its container. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Melee Mapping Contest #4: 2v2 - Results are out! Step by to congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. We're hosting the 15th Mini-Mapping Contest with YouTuber Abelhawk! The contestants are to create a custom map that uses the hidden content within Warcraft 3 or is inspired by any of the many secrets within the game.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Altar of the Depths and Derivatives

Submitted by Ujimasa Hojo
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Ujimasa Hojo Presents

Altar of the Depths and Derivatives
Edited by Ujimasa Hojo

Altar of the Depths (Optimized) Info:
  • Fixed up some of the holes especially in the head.
  • Fixed up some of the texture wrapping.
Change Log

Model Version 2.00

• Uploaded.

Altar (Illidari) Info:
  • Created an Altar of the Betrayer for the Illidari.
  • Has a hologram instead of the usual statue.
Change Log

Model Version 1.00

• Uploaded.

Model Version 1.01

• Fixed the texture wrapping a bit.

Video Preview

Keywords:
Betrayer, Coilfang, Illidan Stormrage, Naga

Author's Notes and Trivia:
  • Optimized models have built-in portrait animations, fixed bugs (if there were any), additional animation (if applicable). These can be used to serve as a template for alternative skins if you want to keep the original skin and model.
  • Check out Ujimasa Hojo's Maps and Resources Discussions.
  • Check out the map and the model previews at my Youtube, BitChute, DailyMotion, or DTube Channels as well and hopefully subscribe.
  • Follow me on Twitter, Gab, Minds, or Steemit.
  • While I do these stuff as a hobby, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to accept donations from our more fortunate Hivers I suppose :p.
    • My PayPal is here.
    • My Patreon is here.
    • My SubscribeStar is here.
    • My Bitcoin wallet addresses are at 36ngyoNso9kvvugEa4YjZA1qkbSRZXpN6k or 3JpY33ppR72VxdxaU5GaFogyMHoboMeSij
    • My Ethereum wallter address is at 0xff8baa64e79eede8e38117234cd1f1d8584946ab
Previews
Contents

Altar (Illidari) (Model)

Altar (Illidari) Button (Icon)

Altar of the Depths (Optimized) (Model)

Reviews
10:12, 26th Apr 2013 Misha: works and performs nicely in game, although that portrait could show a bit more of the nerubian head thingie. tweak that for higher rating :b
  1. 10:12, 26th Apr 2013
    Misha: works and performs nicely in game, although that portrait could show a bit more of the nerubian head thingie. tweak that for higher rating :b

2. Deros

Deros

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nice

3. Lordul Dracula

Lordul Dracula

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  4. AwzomeWulfzz

AwzomeWulfzz

Resources:
    Resources:
    Looking good. 5/5 Edit: I just noticed this is my 200th post.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2013
  5. TaShadan

TaShadan

Resources:
    Resources:
    nice but i cant see teamcolor in the screen?

6. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Quite... interesting. Y'know, given my past experiences making Altars, you'd think I'd have something important to say about this one.

I guess my only issue (aside from TC?) is that the head should really be modified a bit to appear less like a Crypt Fiend; one thing all the Altar's do really well is having sort of a faceless, featureless representation of each race (stoic Human statue, barbaric Orc statue, wise Night Elf statue, vile Undead statue, cunning Naga statue, vicious Troll God statue, etc). This not only has features (eyes mainly) but the texture appears to be the same... Is there some kind of stone something that could be used?

I like the shape, however (interesting & unique, having it bubble up like that). The towers might get lost in all the other buildings having towers, but it looks nice.

7. Ujimasa Hojo

Ujimasa Hojo

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This is where I got the idea: [​IMG]

8. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    That's really interesting; I've seen that screenshot, but never noticed that building.

Well, the thought still stands; in that picture the spider-head is all stony (as if carved). The eyes are red, but bleh. There's probably a reason it didn't make it into the end-game.

//EDIT - I just realized that it wasn't necessarily an Altar in that screenshot; just a building. Actually, if the Undead had a few more Nerubian units, having a sort of "Nerubian tech-unlocker" building would've been kinda neat.

//REALEDIT - Wait, why didn't anyone do that for the Hive Olympics!? That's a great idea.

9. Forsaken

Forsaken

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    i'm loving this nerubians buildings :)

10. Marshmalo

Marshmalo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Would be better if it had teamcolour but still a very nice model and so small in file size!

11. EvilNecroid

EvilNecroid

Resources:
    Resources:
    this 1 just keeps saying it cant load AncientHall mdl :(

12. Ujimasa Hojo

Ujimasa Hojo

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Try saving after importing and then closing the world editor. Afterwards, reopen the map.