• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tomb of Relics and Derivatives

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Ujimasa Hojo Presents

Tomb of Relics and Derivatives
Edited by Ujimasa Hojo

Tomb of Relics (Optimized) Info:

• Cleaned up some of the wrapping. Connected some of the disconnected meshes.
  • Adjusted the work particles.

• Uploaded.

• Fixed the Birth animation to match the other Undead buildings.

Laboratory (Forsaken) Info:
  • Created a Laboratory for the Forsaken.

• Uploaded.

• Fixed the lightning so that it doesn't end up hitting the middle instead of the antenna. Removed the cage.

Tomb of Relics (Demon) Info:
  • Created a Demonic version of the Tomb of Relics.

• Uploaded.

• Minor texture rewraps.

Tomb of Relics (Zul'Drak) Info:
  • Created a Zul'Drak version of the Vault of Relics.

• Uploaded.

• Minor texture rewraps.

Vault of Relics (Highborne) Info:
  • Created a Vault of Relics for the Highborne.
  • Designed to be used with a modified form of the Root/Uproot ability.

• Adjusted the adjustments during the flying animations.

• Now has an Arcane-based Birth animation.

Vault of Relics (Nerubian) Info:
  • Created a Nerubian version of the Vault of Relics.

• Uploaded.

• Major texture rewraps. Changed the Team Color style.

Keywords:
Highborne, Relics, Tomb, Vault

Author's Notes and Trivia:
  • Optimized models have built-in portrait animations, fixed bugs (if there were any), additional animation (if applicable). These can be used to serve as a template for alternative skins if you want to keep the original skin and model.
  • Check out Ujimasa Hojo's Maps and Resources Discussions, and Tutorials. Please reply in these threads instead.
  • Check out the map and the model previews at my Youtube, BitChute, DailyMotion, and Rumble Channels as well and hopefully subscribe. Follow me on Twitter.
  • While I do these stuff as a hobby, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to accept donations from our more fortunate Hivers I suppose :p.
    • My PayPal is here.
    • My Patreon is here.
    • My SubscribeStar is here.
Previews
Contents

Laboratory (Forsaken) (Model)

Laboratory (Forsaken) Button (Icon)

Tomb of Relics (Demon) (Model)

Tomb of Relics (Demon) Button (Icon)

Tomb of Relics (Optimized) (Model)

Tomb of Relics (Zul'Drak) (Model)

Tomb of Relics (Zul'Drak) Button (Icon)

Vault of Relics (Highborne) (Model)

Vault of Relics (Highborne) Button (Icon)

Vault of Relics (Nerubian) (Model)

Vault of Relics (Nerubian) Button (Icon)

Reviews
Misha 29th Apr 2013 Moderator's Review: also here you could add in a lill bit more movement/effect to the build anim. otherwise, works ok EDIT: good job :smile:
17:51, 11th Jun 2013 Deolrin: You really should add a door. Any Naga building texture would do. The Shrine of Azshara one looks good. Additionally, I think it would be interesting if you used the doodad obelisks instead; There's not much...
13:34, 19th Jun 2013 enjoy: Corresponding resource approved.
08:31, 24th Sep 2013 enjoy: Corresponding resource approved.
13:02, 14th Mar 2014 Sin'dorei300: Corresponding resource approved.

M

88b8c096c14d2181b2e61de7191420f7_67524.png
separator.gif
Misha
separator.gif
29th Apr 2013
Moderator's Review:

also here you could add in a lill bit more movement/effect to the build anim. otherwise, works ok
EDIT: good job :smile:

Reasons specified in the PM

M

17:51, 11th Jun 2013
Deolrin: You really should add a door. Any Naga building texture would do. The Shrine of Azshara one looks good.
Additionally, I think it would be interesting if you used the doodad obelisks instead; There's not much difference, but it would fit better, and would count as things you've changed from the original model. Leave the broken obelisk, though; it's fine. Some vines hanging around would also do good, in keeping with the theme you've created with the altar. Other than that, the model is great. I can see it being a lot better with a door added, though. ^^

18:40, 11th Jun 2013
Deolrin: Much better! However, while testing in-game, I noticed something; While building, the model suddenly appears during the animation. I think it might look better if it appeared gradually and over time(part by part), or, even better, if it 'grew' from tiny to properly sized. This applies to your other Highborne structures as well. Alternatively, you could try a different solution, I'm not sure. But it does look a bit awkward at the moment. Maybe use a bigger version of the Night Elf birth attachment?

20:09, 15th Jun 2013
Deolrin: Changes made, resource approved. Nice model. I like the changes to the back of it. Good job. ^^

Reasons specified in the PM

You know...
This really look too nagaish.
I know that the naga once were the highborne, but, this don't exactly means that their buildings looks prety like the same. This models don't seems anything close to night elven buildings to me.

Despite of that, they are really cool. I liked that floating citadel you made, but they fit better for naga.

Level 16
Hm.. is there a way to fix the broken left-bottom obelisk? or you did that on purpose?
-In my opinion this should have that obelisk(assuming these are not 'ruins' but an actual model for the highborn race).
-Possibly an entrance(as mentioned by Zyne)
-The texture.. doesn't really fit the highborn for some reasons:
~The highborne originally were turned/evolved into naga, and high elves.
~Which means the 'highborne' have no direct connection with night elves until later. They became allies in the first invasion of the burning legion, where Aszhara were still supporting her own kin. Basically, this building should look more high elvish, and less night elvish, or naga-ish.
~My suggestion is, to try and combine the texture of the high elven 'farm' building or the high elven barracks

Level 8
But it's looking very good work. I won't care about Highborner or Nagaish.
Can replace naga buildings :) I think It don't need to change anymore.

Level 16
But it's looking very good work. I won't care about Highborner or Nagaish.
Can replace naga buildings :) I think It don't need to change anymore.

Knowing Ultimata, he's going to make a new custom races map/altered melee, which means he will be using this model for his next highborne race.
Otherwise, I agree this is a good naga building, or.. ancient ruins of some kind

Level 7
i really think your highborne buildings dont suit the highborne, they look too sunken. remember, the highborne were night elves who delved in the arcane magics of the well of eternity, so their buildings are not sunken , make them a bit greek or like the darnassian buildings.

M

13:34, 19th Jun 2013
enjoy: Corresponding resource approved.

M

08:31, 24th Sep 2013
enjoy: Corresponding resource approved.

M

13:02, 14th Mar 2014
Sin'dorei300: Corresponding resource approved.