• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ujimasa Hojo's Resources Discussion

Level 21
@NelsonLaJe.Could be...
@Sylvie.I doubt it since he already created a Nerubian pack

I think it could be the Tuskarr or Ice Trolls.Maybe even Frost Revanants

Level 12
@Sylvie & @Archmonde Supreme
who played since the first maps of Mr. hojo
you will see that he wore builds Orcs to Tuskar
well I would say that the Ice Orc. would be to Tuskar or Ice Troll
These Ice Ruins reminds me the Blue Dragonflight ^^
Obviously each uses as you want :v

Level 10
Ice Ruins, are constructs to Blue Dragonflight?
I would say Nerubians, but is good to have another choice xD
I doubt it since he already created a Nerubian pack

I think it could be the Tuskarr or Ice Trolls.Maybe even Frost Revanants
These Ice Ruins reminds me the Blue Dragonflight ^^
Obviously each uses as you want :v
Yeahh but I think it fits more into a new icy race.

To be honest it looks like Icecrown Scourge to me, which is something thats really useful.

My suggestion would be to make an alternate of the Metropolis with green water flowing, or orange water, to signify blight. In Icecrown the scourge, as well as the undead Drakuru troll allies use a new blight that's orange colored in Icecrown. It's more powerful than the previous green blight.

Level 60
To be honest it looks like Icecrown Scourge to me, which is something thats really useful.

My suggestion would be to make an alternate of the Metropolis with green water flowing, or orange water, to signify blight. In Icecrown the scourge, as well as the undead Drakuru troll allies use a new blight that's orange colored in Icecrown. It's more powerful than the previous green blight.

I wanted it to signify blood but I did not know about that orange blight before. If people wanted that orange blight, they simply need to remove the red color from the corresponding Geoset animation.

Level 10
I wanted it to signify blood but I did not know about that orange blight before. If people wanted that orange blight, they simply need to remove the red color from the corresponding Geoset animation.

And for people who don't know how to do that? :goblin_jawdrop:

Level 7
Hi. First, thanks for your models Ujimasa, they are amazing.

And for people who don't know how to do that? :goblin_jawdrop:

I edited it for my personal use. I will just post the green and orange version here if anybody needs them. If Ujimasa is not ok with that, I will remove them. Just tell me if it's ok or not to post that here.

Attachments

• IceRuinsMetropolisGreen.mdx
    52.8 KB · Views: 190
  • IceRuinsMetropolisOrange.mdx
    52.8 KB · Views: 185
Level 10
Hi. First, thanks for your models Ujimasa, they are amazing.

I edited it for my personal use. I will just post the green and orange version here if anybody needs them. If Ujimasa is not ok with that, I will remove them. Just tell me if it's ok or not to post that here.

Awesome, thanks! +rep for you, I'm gonna try them out now and give you feedback on them.

Also, Ujimasa's models are free to edit, so it's okay I believe.

Level 10
Still haven't found any good in-game textures for it.

EDIT: I just need a good substitute for at least the wooden parts.

Well the architecture is based of mostly 90% blackrock metal and flames plus dark wood. Perhaps the oak colored wooden beams from the Hunter's Hall might suffice? It might be a little on the red side, though. Another possibility would be the wooden panels on the roof of the workshop, that seems to do the trick.

bconArtOfWoW121.jpg

Level 10
This is what I got so far:

142431-albums5911-picture95831.png

Mostly rewrap at the moment.

Looking good so far! The roof looks especially great. Major changes would be to change the clay walls and rocks to more of a wood or more metal. Not enough metal honestly. Another thing would be to make the spikes wooden or metal instead of bone. The Iron Horde is past using bones and uses huge iron spikes or sharp wooden ones. Clay and rock are a thing of the past now and there's an emphasis on that in their architectural progression.

Maybe you could add fires in the posts?

This looks promising mate you are the man! :goblin_yeah:

Yeahh definitely more fire. Fire and iron star technology is what fuels the Iron Horde. It's very prominent in their architecture as well. All windows are slit-like rectangles that are orange inside (see previous post reference pic).

Iron Horde hmm...
buildings and units, or just buildings?

A full line up like the Forsaken would be amazing Ujimasa. Really big fan of the Forsaken units and we really lack unique brown skinned orc models on the Hive as well.

Level 10
Looking at the picture you provided me, certain areas did retain that clay walls. But yeah, I'll try to replace some of them with more metal.

EDIT: Can somebody please help me find a texture which has something that resembles a black metal wall with windows.

Yeah the clay is a lot darker and greyer in game; just checked.

W1yiIZS.jpg

h9GrNKq.jpg

i5OoZFN.jpg

Hope you go all out with the set like you did with the Forsaken. Rewraps are cool but you got the potential to make it amazing.

Last edited:
Level 18
Looking at the picture you provided me, certain areas did retain that clay walls. But yeah, I'll try to replace some of them with more metal.

EDIT: Can somebody please help me find a texture which has something that resembles a black metal wall with windows.

You could somehow use the battle.net UI textures. It's mostly black metal with hard edges and rivets. Some even allow for team color.

Level 10
Juggernaught is a good texture choice, but I don't think simple rewraps are going to cut it here. The Warcraft III orc buildings are too cartoony and quirky of shape to fit the Iron Horde. Change some meshes maybe?

I was going to suggest to use something more creative to replace the Spirit Lodge, Voodoo Lounge, and Tauren Totem. Rewrapping them wouldnt make sense due to the fact that the Iron Horde hasnt made contact with Azeroth yet. My best suggestion would be to make the non-Orc buildings either:

1) Different models rewrapped, i.e. Mercenary Camp in Iron Horde texture, or:

2) Clan based buildings i.e. a Shadowmoon Clan themed building in place of the Spirit Lodge and/or a Bleeding Hollow sacrificial altar. For the Totem I would say maybe an Ogre/Gronn cave maybe, since the Thunderlord Clan is known to capture and domesticate Gronn for the Iron Horde (they even binded Gruul to their will). The possibilities are endless really; all you need is a little effort and creativity.

The best reference would be if you went in-game and studied the building models. However, Ujimasa, if you don't have a WoW account I'd be happy to
take a shit load of screenshots for reference like I did for the Draenei buildings.

On a side note: that Burrow looks fucking amazing!

Level 7
I was going to suggest to use something more creative to replace the Spirit Lodge, Voodoo Lounge, and Tauren Totem. Rewrapping them wouldnt make sense due to the fact that the Iron Horde hasnt made contact with Azeroth yet. My best suggestion would be to make the non-Orc buildings either:

1) Different models rewrapped, i.e. Mercenary Camp in Iron Horde texture, or:

2) Clan based buildings i.e. a Shadowmoon Clan themed building in place of the Spirit Lodge and/or a Bleeding Hollow sacrificial altar. For the Totem I would say maybe an Ogre/Gronn cave maybe, since the Thunderlord Clan is known to capture and domesticate Gronn for the Iron Horde (they even binded Gruul to their will). The possibilities are endless really; all you need is a little effort and creativity.

The best reference would be if you went in-game and studied the building models. However, Ujimasa, if you don't have a WoW account I'd be happy to
take a shit load of screenshots for reference like I did for the Draenei buildings.

On a side note: that Burrow looks fucking amazing!

I agree with You :D

Level 10
I already have a rough sketch for a "Foundry" building in place of the Tauren Totem.

As for the Spirit Lodge, the building at the center below kinda resembles it:
file.php

Yes! A foundry is perfect. The raid to kill Blackhand is actually in the Blackrock Foundry.

As for the Spirit Lodge, that model IS actually a Spirit Lodge in-game, however it's a Horde building. The stables, Great Hall (biggest red building) and the green building (goblin) are Horde (used in your Garrison). The rest of the red ones are Iron Horde as far as I can recall. I know the tower is, because it's a Warsong watch tower. The tower next to it is a generic Iron Horde tower.

Really excited to see what you do with these Ujimasa. Everything looks great so far.:thumbs_up:

EDIT: I noticed you now have a diamond gem AND a green one. Congrats!

EDIT 2: Beastiary is looking good. The brown stones that encircle the grate uptop would look better metal. Also, the posts that hold the chain up would look cooler as spikes if that's possible.

Last edited: