• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ujimasa Hojo's Resources Discussion

Level 8
Ujimasa Hojo Presents

Draenei

Buildings
  • Forge
    142431-albums5911-picture93383.png
  • Metropolis
    142431-albums5911-picture93372.png

Author's Notes:
  • Don't forget to remove "war3mapImported\" from the path of the skin after importing.
  • Pack is here.

I must say, there are a few races I wish you'd make. The lack of well made Draenei units are apparent, but I am really looking forward to this pack.

You are by far, my favorite model maker, I - for the lack of a better word - cherish your models. Can't wait to see the rest.

PS. I wonder, would an Arcane Sanctuary and Arcane Vault with the "orbs" replaced with crystals look good? I think they just might.

Level 10
Ujimasa Hojo Presents

Draenei

Oh boy. Wrote up a big collection of ideas you could pull from as well as took the liberty of taking a bunch of screenshots for reference:

(Image Heavy)

Farm-type building:

The most common Draenei building you'll see is this:

q0nnJII.jpg

They're literally everywhere. It's the standard Draenei multi-purpose home.

Barracks-type building:

Every Draenei town has a barracks-like temple like these:

Gxfnrnx.jpg

0HQdQHt.jpg

I would suggest using your Arcane Temple model and adding a second building in the middle "courtyard". From the inside of these buildings, there's an initial small building that connects to another larger room in the back seperated by a domed courtyard. If not, a highly modified High Elven Barracks could work, too, but barely.

MTHGFgm.jpg

Tower building:

Draenei towers look like this in-game:

53sF13R.jpg

t4P2jlN.jpg

xSYNl61.jpg

You're best off leaving it as a single tower like an Orc one instead of upgradeable like the Human towers.

Altar:

Draenei use tombs for fallen heroes. The Gilnean Library would be a good start.

c5U8GTY.jpg

Tombs are usually adorned on both sides with statues like these.

MJIRzz7.jpg

Caster building:

Every large Draenei town has a temple in it.

7b7hCRT.jpg

nJJvm8t.jpg

lV0N918.jpg

xIYDiuO.jpg

I would highly suggest your Arcane Sanctuary model as a start because the general shape you made it strongly resembles the temples of the Draenei.

Aviary-type building:

The Draenei use faerie dragons as flying mounts. They're domesticated in aviaries.

RSCLDJR.jpg

PvnQxvl.jpg

n90X0ro.jpg

The faerie dragons of Draenor are pretty large compared to Azeroth's. I would suggest using the Arcane Academy without its floating crystals and a shorter spire.

Workshop-type building:

The Draenei use large observatories like the one here:

MmMEJNG.jpg

wf98QkS.jpg

jwixSAU.jpg

Best suggestion I could give for this category.

Goldmine:

I wouldn't suggest using an entangled style mine for the Draenei.

yWDMN9C.jpg

Uncx653.jpg

Z3NsOr3.jpg

They have a thing for mining. Especially crystals not gold. It's all they mine all over Draenor.

Shipyard:

Your Arcane Shipyard is a perfect shape to work off it just needs some Draenei flair.

Improvements -

Metropolis: For Tier 3, I would add some sort of purple force field around the building coming from the crystals. The important buildings of the Draenei all seem to have it.

GPmfzqd.jpg

zaKip1p.jpg

Amazing skin. The water could be tinted purplish, though.

Nah, there is no purple water where Draenei come from.

w5D4Cm9.jpg

However, Ujimasa, you can make the water a little more darker blue.

Last edited:
Level 10
Mage Tower
142431-albums5911-picture93417.png
Shipyard (Night Elf)
142431-albums5911-picture93408.png

To be totally honest: meh.

The Shipyards dont even look remotely Draenic.

Like I said previously, your readily made Arcane Shipyard (Night Elf) already looks Draenic it just needs a few adjustments and a retexture.

The Mage Tower on the other hand... :zip:

If you truly want to capture the essence of this highly-requested theme, it should be correctly. You can't take the easy way out on this one; You'll need to put a little more creative effort like you did with themes such as Arcane/Gilnean/Bandit/etc, where you did more than just simply retexture the buildings. Personally I already added a long list (with pictures:grin:) of suggestions that best fit each building in the techtree logically and aesthetically.

Just come creative criticism plus my two cents. :cute:

Nice references, if only they could be done with less polies.. and effort. I wish model programs had more functionalities.
Don't worry, I'm just putting out the easy ones first. I'm also planning on putting out an extensive set so people can choose which ones they want.
Good to hear, a full Draenei set right?

Level 60
Nice references, if only they could be done with less polies.. and effort. I wish model programs had more functionalities.Good to hear, a full Draenei set right?

I'll rewrap the new texture to the Highborne buildings first, then I'll add new ones. I'm going for something like the Forsaken set which has more than 11 buildings.

Level 10
I'll rewrap the new texture to the Highborne buildings first, then I'll add new ones. I'm going for something like the Forsaken set which has more than 11 buildings.

Rewrap Arcane lol it really does fit like I can't explain how much I'm for it.

EDIT: Very creative use of the orbs on the Arcane Sanctum; replacing them with crystals. Nice idea

EDIT 2: Vault looks spot on I believe. You should do a version of the Human Arcane Vault model with crystals instead of runes. That would look pretty interesting.

For the Vault, I'd suggest making this team color area here a bit less plain. Kinda of clashes with the whole pristine Draenei look.

6EJCv6i.jpg

Last edited:
Level 11
Ok, I just LOVED the Arcane Sanctum, great work in this! :D
The Cripty looks great, and the Tomb of Relics too, but don't you think that the Arcane Vault, from the humans, would fit this better? The Crystal Spire looks awesome too! keep it up man!

Also, did you recentely change something in your Forsaken pack? Because the Altar's skin is not in there.

Level 8
Awesome building set, now we just need some actual decent Draenei units to finally have one of the coolest races to build.

PS. I'll try to look for those models.

Level 1
Where are all the Forsaken models? Town Hall, Slaughterhouse, Arcane Den and more ?? These models were good and without them I can not continue to create missions for Forsakens :(

Level 10
For the Altar, you should make the statue either silver or a more dull gold (not that bright). Also, it could do without the moss and trees. Or without moss and just smaller trees.

Level 5
Couple things,
1. Thanks for all these models, theyre very helpful
2. I recolored the texture for your Draenei structures but left it in TGA form. I felt like your color scheme didn't quite match what we saw in Outland or Draenor. Feel free to use it if you like, or not. No worries. I can also take it down if you want
3. Twilights Hammer buildings could be cool. Just a suggestion for another set/tech tree

Thanks again

Attachments

• DraeneiBuildingDraenor.TGA
    512 KB · Views: 1,637
Last edited:
Level 60
Couple things,
1. Thanks for all these models, theyre very helpful
2. I recolored the texture for your Draenei structures but left it in TGA form. I felt like your color scheme didn't quite match what we saw in Outland or Draenor. Feel free to use it if you like, or not. No worries. I can also take it down if you want
3. Twilights Hammer buildings could be cool. Just a suggestion for another set/tech tree

Thanks again

Thanks. I'll add it to the post.

Level 13
Tnx Ujimasa Hojo.

Edit: Umm Sir Ujimasa Hojo do you also have an icon for the Thunder King? Really need it since im going to use him.

Last edited:
Level 60
Ujimasa Hojo Presents

Axis of Awful

Units:
  • Gnoll Chieftain
    142431-albums5911-picture94593.png
  • Gnoll Pulverizer
    142431-albums5911-picture94595.png
  • Gnoll Raider
    142431-albums5911-picture94596.png
  • Gnoll Spirit Walker
    142431-albums5911-picture94597.png
  • Kobold Digger
    142431-albums5911-picture94598.png
  • Kobold Far Seer
    142431-albums5911-picture94599.png
  • Kobold Shaman
    142431-albums5911-picture94600.png
  • Murloc Reaver
    142431-albums5911-picture94601.png
  • Murloc Witch Doctor
    142431-albums5911-picture94602.png
  • Trogg Mountain King
    142431-albums5911-picture94603.png
  • Trogg Salamander Rider
    142431-albums5911-picture94604.png

Buildings:

Author's Notes:
  • Most of the buildings are edited versions of Mephestrial's Gnoll buildings. He gave me permission to post these.
    Mephestrial said:
    Would be honored to have you edit them.
  • The Murloc models here are basically just Reign of Chaos versions (fins instead of spikes) plus amphibious animations.
  • Pack is here.

Last edited:
Level 60

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
I don't care for any of those races... But smashing idea, Ujimasa. Really cool to see it all come together like that. I'm particularly glad to see edited Gnoll buildings (no custom textures woot!). Lol.

Also, I'm going to give you reputation for the name "Flea Market" alone. xD

Level 60
I don't care for any of those races... But smashing idea, Ujimasa. Really cool to see it all come together like that. I'm particularly glad to see edited Gnoll buildings (no custom textures woot!). Lol.

Also, I'm going to give you reputation for the name "Flea Market" alone. xD

Mephestrial deserves the the credit for the "Flea Market" name. It's one of his planned buildings.

EDIT: Don't forget to look at the new Forsaken units as well. I'm currently working on them.

Last edited:
Level 10
I've noticed the new models for the Forsaken. They're outstanding! Do you plan to add more? If so, a Forsaken Rifleman would be sooo useful! Also a rifleman hero would be amazing too.