• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Draenei Archer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Now, Now, I think it's time to introduce y'all to my little project. Basically, I want to make a whole War3 Draenei race, including both Units/Heroes and Buildings. Some icons won't harm too =3
So, here's the first in the row... The Draenei archer.
Now before you go all like "Aaargh! It's just a shoulder edit of the original Sylvanas model! aarrght!" note that the legs are now made to look and represent the draenei female. The thighs have been made sexier as well (just a little vertex move :3), the shoulder of course as well, and major edits on the face. MUCH MORE feminine now... Edited them 'cause Draenei females are like that :3 And basically, it has the same poly and vertex count as the original, since these all are just vertex moves done over the War3ModelEditor.

attachment.php

This is all good and I'm happy but... now... there's this problem. Whenever you try to assign this model to an unit/building/whatever as base mesh, the World Editor mysteriously crashes. Now, I just hope it's only for me like that. I'd like you guys to test it out as well. And I'd be grateful and would give you major credits if you could help me fix this problem. I think it has something to do with the team-color, but I can't find out how to fix it. This happened a while ago to me: While i was editing this model, by an accident I deleted the textures "ReplacableID1" and "ReplacableID2", along with the materials that go with them. Now this user "Yuri Lowell" (I don't think he's registered here) Helped me by importing them back into the model and re-adding the materials. Now, he didn't test it in-game I think.
But still, there's a small chance that the crash isn't caused by the teamcolor.
Please, if someone's up to the job, can he help me fix it?

Attachments

• DraeneiArcher.blp
    83.5 KB · Views: 431
  • DraeneiArcher.mdx
    142.9 KB · Views: 413
  • DraeneiArcher_portrait.mdx
    48 KB · Views: 328
  • Preview.PNG
    Preview.PNG
    354.5 KB · Views: 15,959
Level 21
Looks good man and I like the detail for it.
Reminds me of a hunter, and I love it.
Hope it gets released soon!

Level 10
you can try make the team color material two sided for the cape. its not really that visible but will make the model look better :)
and you can also fix the wrap of those arrows in the quiver

The cape, either two sided or not, doesn't work in game. Now my top priority is to... fix it.

And what do you mean with Wrap on the arrows? They look fine to me...

Status
Not open for further replies.