• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Assigning Geosets Of A Unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hello guys I'm having a very messy problem in my mind right now and it's making me crazy!!!! Can anyone tell me how to assign a units geoset as you see i have downloaded a Draenei archer from Ganondorf and it tells me to delete the units geosets and so i did because the game crashes if you don't delete or assign those Geosets but the problem is that the unit model has a buggy cape and it really irritates me a little bit and in the forum page of it it said i can either delete the geosets or assign them and i chose to delete those geosets but the problem is the cape of the unit is buggy and it has no team color so i'm intending to assign it's geosets wherever i may place them but i don't really know how to do it so can someone pls teach me how to assign the Draenei Archers Geoset or can someone PLS! Fix the archers cape i can show you thier links here:
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/attachments/draeneiarcher-blp.99038/
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/attachments/draeneiarcher-mdx.99039/
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/attachments/draeneiarcher_portrait-mdx.99040/
That is the BLP,MDX and the Portrait (I don't know why i have included the Portrait:hohum:) so overall what i am trying to say is can someone guide me to assign this units geoset or can someone kindheartedly fix the units cape or its geoset whatever it needs fixing.

Level 21
Can anyone tell me how to assign a units geoset as you see i have downloaded a Draenei archer from Ganondorf and it tells me to delete the units geosets and so i did because the game crashes if you don't delete or assign those Geosets but the problem is that the unit model has a buggy cape and it really irritates me a little bit and in the forum page of it it said i can either delete the geosets or assign them and i chose to delete those geosets but the problem is the cape of the unit is buggy and it has no team color so i'm intending to assign it's geosets wherever i may place them but i don't really know how to do it so can someone pls teach me how to assign the Draenei Archers Geoset or can someone PLS! Fix the archers cape
You are confusing geosets and geoset animations.
What exactly did you do? The model still has two geoset animations with invalid geoset ID, which causes the World Editor to crash. Even when the geoset animations are assigned or deleted, the team color on the cape still doesn't show up properly for some reason.

Last edited:
Level 12
OMG so sorry I uploaded the wrong version that was not fixed.
I did not pay attention, I had forgotten to convert my MDL version back to MDX, thus the version I uploaded was the messed up one, so sorry.

Here is the proper version, with all my apologies. It has been tested in the editor and in the game.

Note the model has no portrait, so or you use a portrait model if it had any, or I could add a basic portrait animation or maybe just a portrait camera that should do the job.

Attachments

• DraeneiArcher.mdx
    64.8 KB · Views: 27
Level 28
Since the draenei archer skin uses the same skin as the one of Sylvanas, I replace this latter's skin with the draenei one and made some changes to fit with the orginal model (Legs, ears, etc...) I couldn't fix the head though...

I also added a portrait and hero glow version.

By the way, @Macadamia the model you uploaded still has the cape issue.

Attachments

• DraeneiArcher.blp
    83.5 KB · Views: 24
  • DraeneiArcher_Glow.mdx
    147.1 KB · Views: 31
  • DraeneiArcher_NoGlow.mdx
    144.7 KB · Views: 37
  • DraeneiArcher_Glow_Portrait.mdx
    48.9 KB · Views: 37
Level 9
OMG so sorry I uploaded the wrong version that was not fixed.
I did not pay attention, I had forgotten to convert my MDL version back to MDX, thus the version I uploaded was the messed up one, so sorry.

Here is the proper version, with all my apologies. It has been tested in the editor and in the game.

Note the model has no portrait, so or you use a portrait model if it had any, or I could add a basic portrait animation or maybe just a portrait camera that should do the job.
Yeah it still has the bug cape issue but it does not crash the world editor anymore Warseeker already sent me the fixed one but still thank so much for trying and thank you for the draenei sorceress portrait:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

Since the draenei archer skin uses the same skin as the one of Sylvanas, I replace this latter's skin with the draenei one and made some changes to fit with the orginal model (Legs, ears, etc...) I couldn't fix the head though...

I also added a portrait and hero glow version.

By the way, @Macadamia the model you uploaded still has the cape issue.
Thank you so much Warseeker but the DraeneiArcher_NoGlow.mdx has no portrait i tried using the DraeneiArcher_Glow_Portrait.mdx but it only works on the DraeneiArcher_Glow.mdx is there anyway for the DraeneiArcher_NoGlow.mdx to use the DraeneiArcher_Glow_Portrait.mdx?

Level 9
Rename DraeneiArcher_Glow_Portrait.mdx to DraeneiArcher_NoGlow_Portrait.mdx
Okay thanks and one last question soorry for keep asking questions but when the unit dies it does not turn into skeleton or it decays and turns into a dead skeleton body so how do i change its death animation?

Level 12
Hello again.

Yes it is true I didn't notice the cape teamcolor issue.
And that is insane as I cannot see the problem nor in Retera Model Studio nor in Magos Model Editor.
This is beyond my knowledge.

This model was really messed up from the get go, I also noticed the cape had 24 less vertices than the original one.

Anyways, you did a good job, @Warseeker at reproducing the models edits that were made, I think you didn't get the face right but it is probably just an issue with the chin.

This said that part is subjective and the model you made fits perfectly.

@Dispatcher : the original edited model had its bones and related animations removed, as well as the dissipate animation (the keyframes had not been removed from bones though), so Warseeker removed it too. If you want them back he will need to redo the edit.

Level 9
Hello again.

Yes it is true I didn't notice the cape teamcolor issue.
And that is insane as I cannot see the problem nor in Retera Model Studio nor in Magos Model Editor.
This is beyond my knowledge.

This model was really messed up from the get go, I also noticed the cape had 24 less vertices than the original one.

Anyways, you did a good job, @Warseeker at reproducing the models edits that were made, I think you didn't get the face right but it is probably just an issue with the chin.

This said that part is subjective and the model you made fits perfectly.

@Dispatcher : the original edited model had its bones and related animations removed, as well as the dissipate animation (the keyframes had not been removed from bones though), so Warseeker removed it too. If you want them back he will need to redo the edit.
This model is quiet messy so an expert is really needed to fix this model what warseeker made just now i'm contended with it. I'm Trying to make a map with a whole Exodar Draenei race that is why i keep asking for help here in HIVE. I'm also making the Blood elves and Broken Ones and maybe if i finish those two i will make the worgens though i only have about an adepth knowledge in Modeling,Triggers,Terraining all that kind of complicated stuff i'm hoping to learn more than what i just have so that i would not keep asking my stupid questions:xxd::xxd::xxd:

Edit:And speaking of blood elves can someone kindly send me a blood knight Unit THE FEMALE ONE just like in RISE OF THE BLOODELVES.

Last edited:
Level 12
Not sure you need this or you will like it, but I recently accidentally found this. Maybe it's already here in The Hive, I have no idea, maybe you should just check it out :

Draenei

Status
Not open for further replies.