• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Notepad: Adding Geosets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Basically I want to split an existing geoset (the flying machine's main body) into two separate geosets so I can use separate materials/textures. I use notepad and oinkerwincle to do the job.

The plan: 1. Isolate the parts of the flying machine I want for the new texture and saving them as a new geoset. 2. Make sure the vertexgroup numbers in the new geoset are the same. 3. Delete the exported vertices in the original model. 4. Copy the isolated geoset from notepad. 5. Pasting the text between the last geoset{} and the first geosetanim{} in the main model. 6. Adding a new geosetanim section for the new geoset. 7. Changing the relevant bones to encompass multiple geosets (-> GeosetId Multiple/GeosetId 4?)

The problem: No matter what I do, I can't get the new geoset to appear. I've tried changing the geosetId under the bone{} sections, i've tried setting all to multiple.. So how to get the new geoset assigned to the existing bones? What to look for?

Level 31
Hmmm... It looks fine the way you described it, though if you are deleting vertices in notepad that might be the problem. Try doing it in a different order.

1) Copy paste the geoset you want in notepad at the end of the geosets area.
2) Add in the new geosetanim, make sure the geosetID is refencing the right geoset.
3) save, then open up in Vertex Modifier and delete what you want from the two geosets, the old and new.

Status
Not open for further replies.