• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Crypt (Northrend) and Derivatives

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Ujimasa Hojo Presents

Crypt (Northrend) and Derivatives
Edited by Ujimasa Hojo

Arcane Library (Gilneas) Info:

• Created a Library for Gilneas using the Crypt (Northrend) doodad.

• Changed the name.

• Revamp.

Church of the Holy Light Info:
  • Created a Church building version of the Northrend Crypt doodad.

• Uploaded.

Farmstead Info:
  • Created a farm building version of the Northrend Crypt doodad.

• Uploaded.

Keywords:
Gilneas, Library, Westfall, Worgen

Author's Notes and Trivia:
  • Optimized models have built-in portrait animations, fixed bugs (if there were any), additional animation (if applicable). These can be used to serve as a template for alternative skins if you want to keep the original skin and model.
  • Check out Ujimasa Hojo's Maps and Resources Discussions, and Tutorials. Please reply in these threads instead.
  • Check out the map and the model previews at my Youtube, BitChute, DailyMotion, and Rumble Channels as well and hopefully subscribe. Follow me on Twitter.
  • While I do these stuff as a hobby, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to accept donations from our more fortunate Hivers I suppose :p.
    • My PayPal is here.
    • My Patreon is here.
    • My SubscribeStar is here.
Previews
Contents

Arcane Library (Gilneas) (Model)

Arcane Library (Gilneas) Button (Icon)

Church of the Holy Light (Model)

Farmstead (Model)

Reviews
16:39, 31st Mar 2013 Misha: works pretty cool ingame. approved
I3lackDeath ApprovedDate: 2013/Apr/08 21:24:32 Reasons:Corresponding resource approved. [TR]Staff Contact Submission Rules

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Looks interesting, and for once it's not based off of the original altar or the elven barracks, kudos to you good sir.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
Pros: What ^that guy said; excellent use of a under-utilized in-game element (the Crypt doodad).

Cons: It just doesn't feel "heroic" enough yet to me. Something missing; taking a look at the other race's Altars. The biggest thing is lack of a statue.

See here, here, and here (mostly along the bottom of the posts) for a conversation I had about the topic of creating new Altars. Take thought for what underlying themes tie the race together (for which the Altar is made).

Hope that helps.

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

A stature isn't necessary, you are currently encouraging him to not be creative. I, for one, think it looks the way it is supposed to as Gilneas buildings are generally darker and a statue would simply ruin it. And even though it is biased, I gave a 4/5 simply because me and some in-game textures (the one at the very bottom, in front of the stairway - looks like a tree stump) don't get along too well. I'm not saying they are bad, simply outdated a bit but for the sake of saving space they are required. Since the texture has been made by blizzard, I will change my vote accordingly.

Level 1
It doesn't looks actually like as altar! All altars have special parts on the left and right side of the building. It needs a little more deco there. Update, and it will be 5/5!

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
A stature isn't necessary, you are currently encouraging him to not be creative. I, for one, think it looks the way it is supposed to as Gilneas buildings are generally darker and a statue would simply ruin it.
On the contrary, my good man. I'm all about creativity, and what I suggested would not detract from it. It's not "un-creativity" to try and fit certain design parameters; ultimately all creativity happens within given boundaries. In this case, making an Altar for a faction in the style of Wc3 would mean making certain things true, and it seems a "statue" is one of them.

However, just my opinion. I respect yours as well.

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't being disrespectful. I guess I should have said it in another way. I just think that Gilneas buildings generally lack statues.

M

I3lackDeath

Approved
[tr]
Date:
2013/Apr/08 21:24:32
Reasons:
Corresponding resource approved.​

Staff Contact

Level 4
I like a lot, but no offense would look good forest creeps type (skeletons, undead, necrolytes).

PD: punctuation; 5/5.