1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Slaughterhouse and Derivatives

Submitted by Ujimasa Hojo
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
Ujimasa Hojo Presents

Slaughterhouse and Derivatives
Edited by Ujimasa Hojo

Slaughterhouse (Optimized) Info:
  • Added a base for slopes.
  • Fixed the texture wrapping in some areas.
Resource Info

Model Version 2.00

• Uploaded.

Arcane Spire (Highborne) Info:
  • Created a Spire for the Highborne.
  • This model is supposed to be used together with the "Uproot" ability. Instead of walking like the Ancients, it hovers.
Resource Info

Model Version 1.03

• Fixed a shading mistake.

Model Version 1.04

• Made some changes to the texture wrapping.
  • Covered the "holes" in the meshes.

Slaughterhouse (Demon) Info:
  • Created a Demonic version of the Slaughterhouse.
Resource Info

Model Version 1.00

• Uploaded.

Model Version 1.01

• Added a Base.

Slaughterhouse (Forsaken) Info:
  • Created a version of the Slaughterhouse for the Forsaken.
Resource Info

Model Version 1.01

• Uploaded.

Model Version 1.02

Video Preview

Slaughterhouse (Zul'Drak) Info:
  • Created a Snowy version of the Slaughterhouse.
Resource Info

Model Version 1.00

• Uploaded.

Model Version 1.01

Keywords:
Building, Troop

Author's Notes and Trivia:
  • Optimized models have built-in portrait animations, fixed bugs (if there were any), additional animation (if applicable). These can be used to serve as a template for alternative skins if you want to keep the original skin and model.
  • Check out the Ujimasa Hojo's Maps and Resources Discussions.
  • Check out the map and the model previews at my Youtube, BitChute, DailyMotion, or DTube Channels as well and hopefully subscribe.
  • Follow me on Twitter, Gab, Minds, or Steemit.
  • While I do these stuff as a hobby, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to accept donations from our more fortunate Hivers I suppose :p.
    • My PayPal is here.
    • My Patreon is here.
    • My SubscribeStar is here.
    • My Bitcoin wallet addresses are at 36ngyoNso9kvvugEa4YjZA1qkbSRZXpN6k or 3JpY33ppR72VxdxaU5GaFogyMHoboMeSij
    • My Ethereum wallter address is at 0xff8baa64e79eede8e38117234cd1f1d8584946ab
Previews
Contents

Slaughterhouse (Forsaken) (Model)

Spire (Highborne) Button (Icon)

Slaughterhouse (Demon) (Model)

Arcane Spire (Highborne) (Model)

Slaughterhouse (Zul'Drak) (Model)

Slaughterhouse (Forsaken) Button (Icon)

Slaughterhouse (Demon) Button (Icon)

Slaughterhouse (Zul'Drak) Button (Icon)

Slaughterhouse (Optimized) (Model)

Reviews
[img] [img] Misha [img] 9th Nov 2013 Moderator's Review: 'tis useful :) slightly different looks
08:32, 24th Sep 2013 enjoy: Corresponding resource approved.
  1. 08:32, 24th Sep 2013
    enjoy: Corresponding resource approved.

2. [​IMG] [​IMG] Misha [​IMG] 9th Nov 2013
    Moderator's Review:

'tis useful :) slightly different looks

3. Lordul Dracula

Lordul Dracula

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Good work.
    5/5

4. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    something here is.. too similar to a normal slaughterhouse.. the wheel maybe? it could use a new concept or so?

5. Darkloid

Darkloid

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think the slaughterhouse is Scourge based, something like an apothecarium should be made instead, you know, some kind of creepy laboratory sort of thing.

6. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    QFT.

At least turn the wheel sideways? Maybe put big potion vials on it? Like a centrifuge in chemistry class? (actually, I gotta use that somewhere else).

Yeaaaah.

//EDIT - "Apothecarium" is a great name, but unfortunately clashes with the (nearly necessary) "Apothecary" unit/hero... What about "(Royal) Laboratory"?

7. Biggrouse

Biggrouse

Resources:
    Resources:
    the forsaken have plenty of abominations i think the concept is fine

8. Go'el

Go'el

Resources:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Nice, you will also make custom unis for the Forsaken ?

*sorry about my English*

9. NourmeusXL

NourmeusXL

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Slaughter house is attached to the scourge ones,since that Sylvannas freed herself from Lich King,so this is too much similar to the slaughter house,perhaps you shoud make Some creepy laboratory,and heres an idea,if you are going to RMK it make spikes around the buillding and make some parts of the abomonation on a few of the spikes,so it really does look like Forsaken.Scourge and Forsaken are 2 difrent thing,besides they share afterlife nothing else coud be similar to them.

10. NelsonLaJe

NelsonLaJe

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    wooooow nicee :DD

11. Hawkwing

Hawkwing

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    If this model is not accepted because the lack of originality in its design (specifically the desire to have it's wheel rotated or adjusted in some other way), I'm almost inclined to petition the moderators to rethink this decision. This issue is a creative one. not a technical one. So long as the model functions fine, I feel it should be approved. It makes a good equivalent to the Slaughterhouse, while still being distinguishable from the original model. I would personally be disappointed if this was changed. Now if Ujimasa Hojo were to go ahead and modify it and submit that as a separate model, I would welcome having multiple variations available for download.

12. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Eh, I dunno... By that definition, a lot of models that "work" (technically) could be approved, but would not truly be much of a departure (creatively) from what we already have.

I guess it's just a little off-putting to consider the Undead Slaughterhouse being tacked on top of a retextured Nerubian Ziggurat, and calling it a day. Granted, there's a bit more than that going on, but while it has its differences, it's ultimately nearly identical in silhouette (which is one of the most important considerations for in-game use), IMO.

Those suggestions were just things to differentiate it; creatively, yes. Technically, as you said, it's perfectly fine. But I'm not sure "perfectly fine Technically" was the only criteria for models being accepted.

13. Darkloid

Darkloid

Resources:
    Resources:
    They are made on the apothecarium not in an slaughterhouse.

Perhaps retexturing an Arcane Sanctum or a crypt would fit better, also add some potions and stuff like that.

14. Hawkwing

Hawkwing

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    My opinion is mostly based around the fact that I'm scared that any changes will make this not be identifiable as a slaughterhouse and as a result become less useful to me.

I agree about the importance of the silhouette. When I first saw the screenshot what I noticed was the base of the model, which has a slightly different shape. The original has a more or less pentagonal base and this one is rectangular. Yes, that rectangular shape is just the nerubian ziggurat thrown underneath (as you acknowledged), but I feel the texture change makes it appear unique enough.

I think it's a shame to discard the current appearance of this model (which may have use to some people and not others) in favour of an appearance that would be useful to others, but not to those who it currently appeals to. And yeah, there are models that are lazy and lack in quality but as long as they're useful and the textures and shapes are appropriate for the idea that the artist is trying to convey, I feel it should be approved. A moderator's criticism should be welcome, but their artistic/creative opinion shouldn't determine whether or not its approved, only the resource's usefulness/functionality. This is not how the submission rules are currently set up, but that's how I feel they should be.

To summarize, I like the appearance of this model. I think it's unique enough. Is this debatable? For sure, but my opinion is that it at least meets the requirements. If it were changed in some of the recommended ways, it wouldn't be useful to me anymore. I would welcome an additional submission of a variation of this model so that those who feel it should be changed and those who don't are both satisfied, but a functional, useful model doesn't need to be rejected.

Again, just my opinion. I'm getting a bit too defensive. Love you all. <3

15. takakenji

takakenji

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    i find it amazing the best looking of his forsaken models gets so much fire when a fucking druid den plastered onto a frost wyrm boneyard gets none http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/forsaken-arcane-den-243758/ and someone calls it "creative"

if you ask me this is creative, as it is taking an already existing concept and transforming it to match another race. and really i have no idea where this circulating idea of "slaughterhouses are a scourge thing" is even coming from, when forsaken are just as famous if not more for their production of abominations

16. Genngreymane

Genngreymane

Resources:
    Resources:
    Why this use human animation

17. Hawkwing

Hawkwing

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The usefulness of having the human construction art in place of the undead art is of course going to vary depending on the setup of the map it is being used in, but as far as I've seen, the Forsaken don't use acolytes/cultists to summon their structures. I would assume they would share construction methods with the humans they once were.

18. infrenus

infrenus

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Guys... did you checked it now? still has some problens as I see on the anymation, but it looks like a crazy park thingie now.

19. Darkloid

Darkloid

Resources:
    Resources:
    Again, Forsaken Abominations are either captured and reprogrammed to work for the Banshee Queen or made in the Apothecariums, laboratories, not slaughterhouses, those are unique of the Scourge. I don't like that concept either but at least is not a lorelol.