• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ujimasa Hojo's Resources Discussion

Level 60
I think the fire bottle in the bat rider could be green, so it could be a plague thrower.

I've retextures the bottles with the ones used by the Goblin Alchemist. The fire and explosions are now colored green implying the blight. I've also added a corresponding model for the projectile.

I think wretched bat rider should be change why not tinted dragonhawk

I'm going to try and see if I can pull off what I did for the Forsaken Gryphon Rider for the Dragonhawk Rider.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Mephestrial deserves the the credit for the "Flea Market" name. It's one of his planned buildings.
Ah, well then, never mind. But thanks for bringing it to my attention. : )
Good job, Mephestrial.

Ujimasa Hojo said:
EDIT: Don't forget to look at the new Forsaken units as well. I'm currently working on them.
Woah-hey! Man, I had no idea; I wish stuff like this showed up in the Subscriptions feed. :<

Very interesting set you got there. I particularly like the Knight & the Gryphon Rider (the Wretched series is pretty good too).

I like the creativity behind the Mortar Team, Batrider (better now that it has poison/blight rather than fire, much better), and the Warlock... But not really my cuppa tea (mainly the Batrider; I'm staunchly anti-Bats for the Forsaken.

I feel like the Dark Knight would be pretty cool, but his horses' armor doesn't match his body armor; too pretty & unstained. :<

While I like your use of the Zombie head, I really feel like you should experiment a bit; model edit the head a bit, or wrap the Ghoul (or something, anything) to it, etc.

Man, that Gryphon Rider is sick... I never really put a lot of thought into Undead Dwarves. Not sure I have room for such a thing, but it's sick nonetheless.

Level 10
Well I'm working on the Alchemist. I've retextured the Ogre into an Abomination and the Goblin into the usual zombie. Still needs work though.

Ah. That sounds like an awesome hero. :goblin_good_job:

You wouldnt happen to make a unit version by any chance? Apothecaries are such as big part of Forsaken lore, seems right to have a unit for it.

Level 23
The models are really good! But I have to agree with Kyrbi0

While I like your use of the Zombie head, I really feel like you should experiment a bit; model edit the head a bit, or wrap the Ghoul (or something, anything) to it, etc.

It's nice use this face, but not for all the models, you could try to use death knight's, necromancer', ghoul's face for the model... or even use Acolyte. lol

Good luck with your models! :D

Level 60
The models are really good! But I have to agree with Kyrbi0

It's nice use this face, but not for all the models, you could try to use death knight's, necromancer', ghoul's face for the model... or even use Acolyte. lol

Good luck with your models! :D

The zombie head is the closest I can get to the Forsaken's face in WoW.

Ujimasa, a question:

Where can I find the Illidari ubersplat (aka ground texture)?

142431-albums5911-picture88965.png

Level 9
@Ujimasa Hojo
1.) A suggestion to your SFA map series; why not update your Eastern Horde race with some of your other Wretched models like the Swordsman & SpellBreaker model since The BE swordsman and spellbreaker have skills that diminish their man a quickly :3

Level 10
Ujimasa, could you make the Wretched Bat Rider's face more wretched looking like the dragonhawk rider? Also, the purple parts on the dragonhawk rider would look better TC'd.

Ujimasa Hojo Presents

Corrupted Night Elf

142431-albums5911-picture80847.png

Buildings:
  • Ancient of War (with Attack while Rooted)
  • Tree of Life (with Attack while Rooted)

Skins:
  • Altar
  • Ancient of Lore
  • Ancient of the Wind
  • Ancient of Wonders
  • Chimaera Roost
  • Hunter's Hall
  • Night Elf Base
  • Night Elf Birth 2
  • Root Base
  • Roots Build

Author's Notes:
  • For the Altar, change the path to "buildings\nightelf\AltarOfElders\Altar.blp".
  • For the Ancient of Lore, change the path to "buildings\nightelf\AncientOfLore\AncientOfLore.blp".
  • For the Ancient of the Wind, change the path to "buildings\nightelf\AncientOfWind\AncientoftheWind.blp".
  • For the Ancient of War, change the path to "buildings\demon\CorruptedAncientofWar\CorruptedAncientofWar.mdx".
  • For the Ancient of Wonders, change the path to "buildings\nightelf\AncientOfWonder\AncientOfWonders.blp".
  • For the Chimaera Roost, change the path to "buildings\nightelf\ChimaeraRoost\ChimaeraRoost.blp".
  • For the Hunter's Hall, change the path to "buildings\nightelf\HuntersHall\Hunter'sHall.blp".
  • For the Night Elf Base, change the path to "Textures\NightElfBase.blp".
  • For the Night Elf Birth 2, change the path to "SharedModels\NightElfBirth2.blp".
  • For the Root Base, change the path to "Textures\rootbase.blp".
  • For the Roots Build, change the path to "SharedModels\RootsBuild.blp".
  • For the Tree of Life, change the path to "buildings\demon\CorruptedTreeofLife\CorruptedTreeofLife.mdx".
  • The icons are reduced to 50% quality. I hear some OS crash when using icons of reduced quality.
  • Pack is here.

I have made all of the corrupted Ancients a new models using your skins .. but I'm having problem with death animation special effects .. I have also create models of the Normal Night Elf buildings "CancelDeath", "DeathMedium", and "NEDeathSmall" .. but I'm having problem on how can I use it without replacing the original NEDeath animations .. can you help me with that ..

Level 60
I have made all of the corrupted Ancients a new models using your skins .. but I'm having problem with death animation special effects .. I have also create models of the Normal Night Elf buildings "CancelDeath", "DeathMedium", and "NEDeathSmall" .. but I'm having problem on how can I use it without replacing the original NEDeath animations .. can you help me with that ..

Not sure how to edit those without replacing the originals.

Well I've just edited my Corrupted Models using Ujimasa's skins .. apparently I also edited spawn.slk and I've add my custom death animation and then I've edited in my model node "SPNXCNED" the the code in my slk file. in which CNED is my code in the slk file for my custom death animation .. but when I've test it my effect do not appear .. I've try to ask in forum .. Hayate told me about using triggers but he didn't gave me a sample . I got confused using trigger its just that Im a newbie in modeling .. maybe a screenshot will do .. the left photo is the Original NE Death while the right photo is my custom NE Death which I will use for my corrupteds.

235529-albums7769-picture94886.jpg

Last edited:
Level 8
@Superjakiro - There should be 3 steps to making this work:

1. Set up the SPNX**** event in the model

2. Add a new entry to spawndata.slk containing
Name: the 4 letter code you used in (1)
Model: full path to the model used for the death anim

3. Make sure the death anim model and spawndata.slk are included in your map

I can vouch for this working, but should caveat that I was editing the war3 mpqs directly rather than including everything in a map.

Another reason your death anim might not display is if it has a custom texture and you didn't include it.

Basically, you're on the right lines but have probably forgotten a file or got a path wrong somewhere.

Level 10
Suggestion for the Gilneas druids: You should reskin the bear form and the flight form into perhaps grey or black. In WoW, Night Elf flight form is purple like in WC3, and the worgen flight form is black.

Level 60
@Ujimasa Hojo: why not change the Gilnean Dott's beard into somethimg that looks more of a goatee because he kinda looks like a tall dwarf at the moment

The original model has no neck. If I remove the beard, it will leave a hole.

Suggestion for the Gilneas druids: You should reskin the bear form and the flight form into perhaps grey or black. In WoW, Night Elf flight form is purple like in WC3, and the worgen flight form is black.

You could use Medivh's crow skin, for Gilneas druid. It might looks nice.

Good idea for the crow. Not sure if there's anything that could replace the bear skin of the Druid of the Claw, though.

One thing Ujimasa .. can I suggest if you can make a different altar for the corrupted Night Elf since Satyr's are considered a corrupted elves due to demonic transmutation.. I'll suggest that change the statue into a satyr.

Don't have anything in mind on what to replace the statue with at the moment.