• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Aviary (Gryphon) and Derivatives

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Ujimasa Hojo Presents

Aviary (Gryphon) and Derivatives
Edited by Ujimasa Hojo

Aviary (Gryphon, Optimized) Info:

• Fixed up the neck of the Bird statue. Covered up some of the holes. Removed some of the redundant meshes.

• Uploaded.

Aviary (Gryphon, Bandit) Info:
  • Created a bandit version of the Gryphon Aviary.

• Uploaded.

Aviary (Gryphon, Gilneas) Info:
  • Created a Gilneas version of the Gryphon Aviary.

• Uploaded.

Aviary (Gryphon, Ironforge) Info:
  • Created a version of the Aviary (Gryphon) which uses the Northrend texture for structures.

• Uploaded.

• Changed back the mesh to resemble to original.

Aviary (Gryphon, Scorched) Info:
  • Created a scorched version of the Aviary (Gryphon).
  • Meant to be used akin to ruined buildings in Campaign missions. Can be used as a doodad instead as well.

• Made the material two-sided.

• Brought back some of the animations.

Aviary (Gryphon, Stormwind) Info:

• Uploaded.

• Changed back the base to the original.
  • Reworked the texture wrapping of the statue.

Aviary (Gryphon, Westfall) Info:
  • Created a farmer version of the Gryphon Aviary.

• Uploaded.

Aviary (Gryphon, Wintergarde) Info:
  • Created a snowy version of the Aviary (Gryphon).

• Uploaded.

• Changed back the base to the original.
  • Reworked the texture wrapping of the statue.

Keywords:
Air, Flyer, Sky

Author's Notes and Trivia:
  • Optimized models have built-in portrait animations, fixed bugs (if there were any), additional animation (if applicable). These can be used to serve as a template for alternative skins if you want to keep the original skin and model.
  • Check out Ujimasa Hojo's Maps and Resources Discussions, and Tutorials. Please reply in these threads instead.
  • Check out the map and the model previews at my Youtube, BitChute, DailyMotion, and Rumble Channels as well and hopefully subscribe. Follow me on Twitter.
  • While I do these stuff as a hobby, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to accept donations from our more fortunate Hivers I suppose :p.
    • My PayPal is here.
    • My Patreon is here.
    • My SubscribeStar is here.
Contents

Aviary (Gryphon, Bandit) (Model)

Aviary (Gryphon, Gilneas) (Model)

Aviary (Gryphon, Ironforge) (Model)

Aviary (Gryphon, Optimized) (Model)

Aviary (Gryphon, Scorched) (Model)

Aviary (Gryphon, Stormwind) (Model)

Aviary (Gryphon, Stormwind) Button (Icon)

Aviary (Gryphon, Westfall) (Model)

Aviary (Gryphon, Wintergarde) (Model)

Aviary (Gryphon, Wintergarde) Button (Icon)

Reviews
13:07, 6th Feb 2014 MiniMage: The rocky foundation that this tower sits on doesn't show during its animations. Could be a rigging issue. Look into this.
HappyCockroach
Even if in more specific situations, those are useful variations of the aviary. And they work well in-game. Some fixes you could do, though: - The Northrend one is rather nice, but at the moment it lacks team color. I suggest you adding a teamglow...
General Frank
Might be useful to some.

M

13:07, 6th Feb 2014
MiniMage: The rocky foundation that this tower sits on doesn't show during its animations. Could be a rigging issue. Look into this.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Interesting. I'm not sure how well it simulates/recreates/envisions the Gryphon Aviary (glowing nest egg notwithstanding)... But I rather like it for a general sort of "sentry tower" or maybe with some magicky-stuff a "mage tower". A bit of work on the texture-wrapping, perhaps; but nice.

//EDIT - Leaning Tower of Pisa! :p

Level 60
Interesting. I'm not sure how well it simulates/recreates/envisions the Gryphon Aviary (glowing nest egg notwithstanding)... But I rather like it for a general sort of "sentry tower" or maybe with some magicky-stuff a "mage tower". A bit of work on the texture-wrapping, perhaps; but nice.

//EDIT - Leaning Tower of Pisa! :p

I skipped an Aviary before because I thought I wouldn't be able to make a proper rewrap of the original Gryphon Aviary with the Northrend Skin I was using. I was browsing through Wowpedia when I came upon Dwarven buildings sticking through mountains so I decided to modify the shape of the aviary.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
I skipped an Aviary before because I thought I wouldn't be able to make a proper rewrap of the original Gryphon Aviary with the Northrend Skin I was using. I was browsing through Wowpedia when I came upon Dwarven buildings sticking through mountains so I decided to modify the shape of the aviary.
That's cool. I can respect some alternative vision; I've always thought the original Gryphon Aviary was too specific-looking (though cool). Like I said, this serves a useful purpose (even without the egg).

Level 11
As every Northrend building. You always make the graveyard skin fit it perfectly and it's something I really admire about it. Because of you I will use this buildings in my 2Player Scourge of Lordaeron and I will ensure that resembles the icy chill as Heinvers said. It's just perfect...

Level 14
Aviary (Northrend) Anyone here know its full path name? I cant make it work in WE please.

Edit: I managed to make it worked by switch it back to default path (I did remove the first "war3mapImported\" and it did not work". This is very weird since i can remove them in other models without losing its model in WE.

Last edited:
Even if in more specific situations, those are useful variations of the aviary. And they work well in-game. Some fixes you could do, though:
- The Northrend one is rather nice, but at the moment it lacks team color. I suggest you adding a teamglow inside the caged chamber, it will fulfill the need without changing the overall aesthetics. (Ofc you can try something else)
- In the Nobby Mansion one, the textures don't combine well. Slightly different tones of gray/white on the rocks and the structure, which end up in conflict. It could be solved with a darker tone at the mountains to achieve more contrast.
- The Ice Aviary bird statue texture at the moment looks really hard to tell in-game. I'd recommend you using the regular Aviary texture there. Or finding something more smooth, to avoid creating such strong seams without necessity.
- Also, do ask permission to Pyroproctos to use his Nobby Mansion texture. Even if it's freely available in THW as a reskin to the Crypt, he has the right to prefer not having it here at your bundle, and you should notify him you're using it (In case you didn't).

Awaiting improvements. If anything, feel free to contact me.