• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ujimasa Hojo's Resources Discussion

Level 4
Well, now that all the Forsaken buildings have been aproved, I can guess you're going to begin making the icons for them.

Pd.- If you made the same reskinning you did for the wretched models on a Troll Batrider you could make an awesome forsaken air unit.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
Bamboo buildings aside, here's the Wretched Blood Mage. It currently costs around 240KB with a built-in portrait. Animations are already linearized. Does it really deserve to be uploaded or simply added to the unofficial list in the first page?
I dunno. It looks pretty neat, IMO, but like you are probably thinking, it's a little simple. Then again, plenty of simple models make it in... It might be useful.

Darkloid said:
Pd.- If you made the same reskinning you did for the wretched models on a Troll Batrider you could make an awesome forsaken air unit.
I'd have to see it to believe it.

Level 10
Sup! I have small complaints about your Great Hall bamboo building.
I don't really like the look of bones with the bamboo, maybe change it to something like wood or bamboo mainly just like what you did with the barracks?
Other than that, it's good.

Level 60
Ujimasa Hojo Presents

Others

Units:
Buildings:

Doodads:
Author's Notes and Trivia:
  • Optimized models have linearized animations, built-in portrait animations, fixed bugs (if there were any), additional animation (if applicable). These can be used to serve as a template for alternative skins if you want to keep the original skin and model.

Last edited:
Level 10
Bamboo Beastiary is nice, and I have no problems with it.
The bones on the Bamboo Spirit Lodge fits, and is okay.
I have no problems with the Watch Tower, it's awesome.
I still don't like the Great Hall bones, but otherwise they all look good.

Level 60
For the Bamboo Altar, why not use the whale statue instead. In the RPG's Murlocs supposedly worshiped whales sometimes.

I did think about using the whale at first, but it was too horizontal. I needed something more vertical like sea horse statue. In the same RPG anyways, Murlocs would change their deity from time to time so let's pretend they have a sea horse deity :thumbs_up:

Anyways, with the Bamboo series pretty much complete, I'm trying to experiment with WoW textures. Apparently, WoW models have multiple separate textures so I tried to see what would happen if I were to merge them into a single texture. The experimental texture at the moment is Karazhan and I tried wrapping the Human Barracks to it.