• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ujimasa Hojo's Resources Discussion

Level 60
Any news ?

I'm doing Chenralstrasz's suggestion of using the Dark Portal texture on a variety of models. As for which buildings I'm reskinning, I'm kinda basing it slightly on 67chrome's Illidari techtree. Basically, each race gets their own building.

So far the following are done:
  • Altar - A reskinned version of the Altar of the Depths. Instead of the Naga statue, there is a "hologram" of Illidan.
  • Arcane Sanctum - Blood Elf building
  • Black Temple (Town Hall) - A reskinned version of the Necropolis BETA (the one with the "pool").
  • Orc Barracks - Orc (and maybe the Broken Draenei)
  • Spawning Grounds - Naga building

All of the buildings have a modified Orc Birth style.

Last edited:

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
I'm doing Chenralstrasz's suggestion of using the Dark Portal texture on a variety of models. As for which buildings I'm reskinning, I'm kinda basing it slightly on 67chrome's Illidari techtree. Basically, each race gets their own building.

So far the following are done:
  • Altar - A reskinned version of the Altar of the Depths. Instead of the Naga statue, there is a "hologram" of Illidan.
  • Arcane Sanctum - Blood Elf building
  • Black Temple (Town Hall) - A reskinned version of the Necropolis BETA (the one with the "pool").
  • Orc Barracks - Orc (and maybe the Broken Draenei)
  • Spawning Grounds - Naga building

All of the buildings have a modified Orc Birth style.
Different, but sounds pretty cool. Definitely better than cramming 2-3 races' structures into one 'building'. Looking forward to it.

Level 60
Update: For the Illidari Set, I'm down to the shop.

Here are the buildings so far:
  • Arcane Sanctum - Blood Elf building.
  • Arcane Well - Combination of the Coral Bed, Orc Burrow, and Power Generator.
  • Demon Gate - Demon building, a reskinned version of the Crypt with slight modifications.
  • Forge - A reskinned version of the Human Barracks with slight modifications.
  • Orc Barracks - Orc (and maybe the Broken Draenei).
  • Spawning Grounds - Naga building.
  • Tower - Reskinned versions of the Human Towers except the Cannon Tower. The Cannon Tower is replaced by a modified Tidal Guardian.

New ones since the last recap are bolded.

Level 25
Maybe u can make the Illidan in the Altar into a statue its quite something.
Maybe Improve the Arcane Sanctum with some Demonic Features like spikes surounding it.
The Black Temple, Forge, Orc Barracks and Demon Gate is kinda too same maybe make more modifications for them.

So...Suggestions only? You don't like it right?

Anyways. They look very more useful than the race mix. :) I love it!

Level 10
A Naga Spawning Grounds with the Dark Portal texture is out. I think 67chrome's ground texture would actually fit nicely.

I have a great suggestion for the final tier building (i.e. Boneyard, Chimaera Roost, Gryphon Aviary, etc) for the Illidari:

Nether Dragon Roost

The Dragonmaw in Outland are part of the Illidari and they specialize in training Nether Dragons. To make this building, you can go about this two ways.

Idea 1) Reskin the Chimaera Roost using the texture of the Dark Portal as well as the Fel Orc textures from the Orc Barracks.

Idea 2) This one is a little bit trickier, but it's a lot cooler. Reskin one of the Dragon Roost neutral buildings. I suggest using the textures of the Nether Dragon model by Misha. You could ask him for permission or make the texture of the Nether Dragon from scratch.

That's all for now; hope it's useful.:thumbs_up:

Level 60
Anything new in the units department? :p

No entire sets so far. My latest unit rewrap is Thoras Trollbane. Go check him under "Others".

I have a great suggestion for the final tier building (i.e. Boneyard, Chimaera Roost, Gryphon Aviary, etc) for the Illidari:

Nether Dragon Roost

The Dragonmaw in Outland are part of the Illidari and they specialize in training Nether Dragons. To make this building, you can go about this two ways.

Idea 1) Reskin the Chimaera Roost using the texture of the Dark Portal as well as the Fel Orc textures from the Orc Barracks.

Idea 2) This one is a little bit trickier, but it's a lot cooler. Reskin one of the Dragon Roost neutral buildings. I suggest using the textures of the Nether Dragon model by Misha. You could ask him for permission or make the texture of the Nether Dragon from scratch.

That's all for now; hope it's useful.:thumbs_up:

I'll ask Misha for permission first. Not sure if I'll can wrap the skin properly though.

Level 10
No entire sets so far. My latest unit rewrap is Thoras Trollbane. Go check him under "Others".

I'll ask Misha for permission first. Not sure if I'll can wrap the skin properly though.

Sweet. If the dragon roost wrap doesnt go well, you can always attempt the classic nether dragon (WC3) texture, or fall back on idea 1 which is also nice.

EDIT:

Also, since Warlords of Draenor is nearing around the corner, will we be seeing an Iron Horde set? It's been requested a few times and it would be an awesome set. Same goes for the new draenei textures.

Last edited:
Level 60
Sweet. If the dragon roost wrap doesnt go well, you can always attempt the classic nether dragon (WC3) texture, or fall back on idea 1 which is also nice.

EDIT:

Also, since Warlords of Draenor is nearing around the corner, will we be seeing an Iron Horde set? It's been requested a few times and it would be an awesome set. Same goes for the new draenei textures.

UPDATE: The Wrapping of the 67chrome's/Misha's Nether Dragon Skin on the Dragon Roost went very well. I just need to add the Base and the Birth animation stuff.

P.S. I just noticed that this thread now has the most views and replies under the modeling section :grin: Thanks for the support guys.

Level 10

I have the same question, will there be an Iron Horde set?

P.S. I just noticed that this thread now has the most views and replies under the modeling section :grin: Thanks for the support guys.

Congrats :D and thanks for providing us with such great things to use over the years..

Last edited:
Level 10
UPDATE: The Wrapping of the 67chrome's/Misha's Nether Dragon Skin on the Dragon Roost went very well. I just need to add the Base and the Birth animation stuff.

Looks great! A small detail: Nether dragon eggs are lavender colored with spikes on them. Would be a lot cooler than plain white eggs.

Level 29
I thought about heavily editing the Dalaran set to get Draenai buildings out of them.
As part of an alternate setting where they managed to take the whole 'tempest keep' to orbit azeroth and send down mini-exodars as main buildings that get upgraded as additional parts (the higher spires) are being sent down from the sky. And the other buildings are teleported in, after a building summoner has prepared the ground and have planted the magic box warp cube, which will 'phase in' the building at construction end(see. similar to upgrading default necropolis)(unique birth anim).
Overall would use the undead way of building birth to accomplish these.

Level 13
Somebody's already doing Iron Horde skins for the Orc buildings.
Yes, but they are removed atm.
And models without custom skin > skins

troll buildings and felblood elf buildings
How about being nice and less demanding?
The buildings already exist for these races.

Edit: GZ for 600 comments btw.
And I have another idea for a set.
The inactive user sage chow made a set of buildings which are using the city structure skin. A whole set made with this texture would be extremely useful in terms of customisation. For example: If you want to have gilnean buildings use cloudwolf skin, if you want a bandit race import redshifts/reds skin.

Last edited: