• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Scarlet Order. The Last Hope.

Scarlet Order. The Last Hope.

Campaign 'Scarlet Order,' where you will play as Captain Mirak, the leader of the Scarlet Order squad, making tough decisions. You will also have the opportunity to play as Sylvana, who brings challenges to each other.

Discover two unique perspectives, playing as Captain Mirak and Sylvana Windrunner. Immerse yourself in a world of wars, intrigues, and uncertainties, facing choices and consequences that alter the course of events.

I used resources for my campaign:

MODEL - AUTHOR

BTNcrossbowGS (Icon) - GooS
Defend for BE Race (Icon) - Don Valentino
BTNBuildableCathedral (Icon) - Eagle X
BrownRoots (Model) - JetFangInferno
"Raven Mountain" Model Pack (Model) - ValdionWorld
flammer (Model) - RightField
Orc Wall Banner (Model) - Kwalit
Water Wheel (Model) - HerrDave
Blood Elven Upgrades (Icon) - Blizzard Entertainment Zephyrius2412
Blades of Wrath (Saierra Viskal, Shadow Version) (Model) - BurninRose
Felucian Flora (Model) - Fingolfin
Gibbet (Model) - HerrDave
Blacksmith (Model) - Sliph-M
Ziggurat (Ancient, Nerubian) and Derivatives - Blizzard Entertainment Ujimasa Hojo
Demonic Brethren (pack I) (Model) - Villagerino
OrcOgrimmarBigFire(BoneFire) (Model) - Dark Hunter1357
BTNExplosiveBarrel (Icon) - Blizzard Entertainment TheKaldorei
Depot (Model) - Graber
Sword Decoration <BR> (Model) - Blood Raven
Log (Model) - Sin'dorei300
BTN13thOgre (Icon) - Imadori
Parasite Orb of Depths (Icon) - Darkfang
Frozen Cliff + Snow Pile (Model) - Blood Raven
Orc Command Buttons (Icon) - The Panda
TCCathedral (Model) - takakenji
Forge of Empires - Icon pack - Late Middle Ages VI (Icon) - FlameofChange
Palisade (Model) - Mike
Crossbowman Lordaeron - Asssssvi
Footman Pack - Ilya Alaric
JainaFormal (Model) - tillinghast
Ballista v2 (Model) - Kitabatake
Lordaeron Buildings - bakr
Staff Item (Model) - Grey Knight
BTNTeddyBear (Icon) - Narandza
BTNElectricCharge (Icon) - Hemske
BTNAoEUniqueUpgrade (Icon) - Darkfang
Lady Sylvanas (Texture) - PrinceYaser
WC3 - Doodad - Fire Fly02 (Model) - Carrington2k
No Name (Model) - Cedricus
Mines (Model) - Mike
Water/frost Element (Model) - Lichkings slave
Headhunter Pack (Model) - Ilya Alaric
SpiritArrow_ByEpsilon (Model) - epsilon
Ogre Stone Thrower (Model) - Kitabatake
Human Alliance Banners - bakr
Training Dummy (Model) - communist_orc
ShadowAssault (Model) - UgoUgo
Icicle (Model) - IX-ArTuR-XI
BTNLadySylvanas (Icon) - PrinceYaser
Wooden Log Variants (Model) - InfernalTater
SlaughteredOgre (Model) - Sin'dorei300
Plate mail shoulder pads. (Model) - ikillforeyou
Cooling Barrel (Model) - Blood Raven
Knight Pack (Model) - Ilya Alaric

BTNRegalia (Warcraft 3 Icon) - GooS​

BTNAdvancedRegalia (Warcraft 3 Icon) - GooS​

BTNImprovedRegalia (Warcraft 3 Icon) - GooS​

BTNLance1 (Warcraft 3 Icon) - GooS​

BTNAdvancedLance (Warcraft 3 Icon) - GooS

BTNImprovedLance (Warcraft 3 Icon) - GooS

Ogre Stone Thrower Icon (Warcraft 3 Icon) - HuanJuan

And I also used sounds:
https://zvukogram.com/category/zvuk-kamnya/
Silero bot
Previews
Contents

Scarlet Order. The Last Hope. (Campaign)

Reviews
deepstrasz
A generic campaign with recycled techtree (if any since melee is just a spark in the basement), linear gameplay with no optional quests, and a go from here to there bland filler story wannabe (one should just look at the nice images rather than read...
Level 11
this is a nice campaign took it takes 2 hours to finish i would say , however there is few things to note:

why there is a blue troll among the orcs who never left the eastern kingdoms? having a forest troll headhunter then having this guy is kinda contradicting
1701631804900.png

this quest is missing its name
1701631884114.png

a slight grammar mistake so you are telling me that lady maya inherited her rulership from django father??
1701632113871.png

you forgot to edit this guys description i see no cripple other than me being crippled by the description
1701632272544.png

same thing here you forgot to take out the spell breaker in the cathedral description also arent the preists replaced by healers?
1701632352093.png

some poor orc is missing his name
1701632411844.png

this is quite common shockwave and mana burn also lack description
1701632456219.png

overall its pretty fun these little stuff dont hurt much but it better be more polished also a little spike up in diffcutly in the last mission will be better like the enemy attacks with few more troops since there is 3 players you the scarlet captain, lady maya, and samuro its rather easy to defend and i didnt even participate in the defense aside from few times also are the voice acting AI made? cuz lady maya speaks very fast and with no emotion also in some lines like you finding hearthglen overrun there isnt much emotion the scene must be heartbreaking or at least sad bro i enjoyed the new models the scarlet footman is just too good to die lol i liked the dragon warrior but his lack of motion during the ult casting look rather weird like bro is just staring at the spot and a volcano comes out of nowhere , also that dungeon u enter in northrend can be a bit overhauled a bit bigger and has more interesting stuff would be appreciated like mini boss fight with some nerubian queen or king would be nice looking forward to play the next part , and oh yeah the choice of music in the first 2 missions was great the first mission kept me on edge great custom doodads that dead ogre is a great touch tells why the undead are dead there lol my rating would be 7/10

Level 9

Pandaprewmaster325

Thank you for pointing out the issues; I'll do my best to address them. Regarding the character Maya, yes, she does speak rapidly at times. It was a speech synthesis from the text in a Telegram voice message with various character voices. As for the mini-boss in Northrend, I did consider adding one, but there was already a mini-boss in place. I thought it might be too challenging for players to overcome both. Regarding the assault of the undead in the final chapter, I have thought about potential adjustments, but I was concerned it might be too burdensome for the player. Professionals in game development provide options for difficulty levels, etc., but I'm just an enthusiast trying to balance difficulty, aiming for above-average challenge without being too difficult. Okay.

Level 11

Pandaprewmaster325

Thank you for pointing out the issues; I'll do my best to address them. Regarding the character Maya, yes, she does speak rapidly at times. It was a speech synthesis from the text in a Telegram voice message with various character voices. As for the mini-boss in Northrend, I did consider adding one, but there was already a mini-boss in place. I thought it might be too challenging for players to overcome both. Regarding the assault of the undead in the final chapter, I have thought about potential adjustments, but I was concerned it might be too burdensome for the player. Professionals in game development provide options for difficulty levels, etc., but I'm just an enthusiast trying to balance difficulty, aiming for above-average challenge without being too difficult. Okay.
the difficulty level is dont beat me :xxd: a wise choice u mean the gargoyle or that freezy guy u kill to get an the staff of nova from?u can just spam dark arrow and overwhelm them tbh , and no i dont mean making it too hard but if the enemy attacks with like a extra 3-4 units i think thats more than enough.

Level 13
I have a suggestion: post the resources you used in a spoiler (for example)

MODEL - AUTHOR

BTNcrossbowGS (Icon) - @GooS
Defend for BE Race (Icon) - @Don Valentino
BTNBuildableCathedral (Icon) - @EAGLE X
BrownRoots (Model) - @JetFangInferno
"Raven Mountain" Model Pack (Model) - @ValdionWorld
flammer (Model) - @RightField
Orc Wall Banner (Model) - @Kwalit
Water Wheel (Model) - @HerrDave
Blood Elven Upgrades (Icon) - @Blizzard Entertainment @Zephyrius2412
Blades of Wrath (Saierra Viskal, Shadow Version) (Model) - @BurninRose
Felucian Flora (Model) - @Fingolfin
Gibbet (Model) - @HerrDave
Blacksmith (Model) - @Sliph-M
Ziggurat (Ancient, Nerubian) and Derivatives - Blizzard Entertainment @Ujimasa Hojo
Demonic Brethren (pack I) (Model) - @Villagerino
OrcOgrimmarBigFire(BoneFire) (Model) - @Dark Hunter1357
BTNExplosiveBarrel (Icon) - @Blizzard Entertainment TheKaldorei
Depot (Model) - @Graber
Sword Decoration <BR> (Model) - @Blood Raven
Log (Model) - @Sin'dorei300
BTN13thOgre (Icon) - @Imadori
Parasite Orb of Depths (Icon) - @Darkfang
Frozen Cliff + Snow Pile (Model) - @Blood Raven
Orc Command Buttons (Icon) - @The Panda
TCCathedral (Model) - @takakenji
Forge of Empires - Icon pack - Late Middle Ages VI (Icon) - @FlameofChange
Palisade (Model) - @Mike
Crossbowman Lordaeron - @Asssssvi
Footman Pack - @Ilya Alaric
JainaFormal (Model) - @tillinghast
Ballista v2 (Model) - @Kitabatake
Lordaeron Buildings - @bakr
Staff Item (Model) - @Grey Knight
BTNTeddyBear (Icon) - @Narandza
BTNElectricCharge (Icon) - @Hemske
BTNAoEUniqueUpgrade (Icon) - @Darkfang
Lady Sylvanas (Texture) - @PrinceYaser
WC3 - Doodad - Fire Fly02 (Model) - @Carrington2k
No Name (Model) - @Cedricus
Mines (Model) - @Mike
Water/frost Element (Model) - @Lichkings slave
Headhunter Pack (Model) - @Ilya Alaric
SpiritArrow_ByEpsilon (Model) - @epsilon
Ogre Stone Thrower (Model) - @Kitabatake
Human Alliance Banners - @bakr
Training Dummy (Model) - @communist_orc
ShadowAssault (Model) - @UgoUgo
Icicle (Model) - @IX-ArTuR-XI
BTNLadySylvanas (Icon) - @PrinceYaser
Wooden Log Variants (Model) - @InfernalTater
SlaughteredOgre (Model) - @Sin'dorei300
Plate mail shoulder pads. (Model) - @ikillforeyou
Cooling Barrel (Model) - @Blood Raven
Knight Pack (Model) - @Ilya Alaric

And I also used sounds:
Silero bot

That way, anyone who is interested can check them out, and those who aren't will scroll less, get to the game screenshots faster, and possibly determine which version of the campaign Wc is suitable for. The description will generally become morе eye-pleasing form.

Last edited:
Level 6
Hello There!
So as usual, the almost impossible map to defeat. really be challenging my patience there and you don't know how grateful I am for the existence of the healer. In spite of it's near impossibility, the map in itself lacks bugs and contains smooth interface. I might need to wonder why the voice acting was a bit bland though.
All in all, a decent campaign.

RECOMMENDED!

Level 2
It's good to see another Scarlet Crusade ever since Chasing the Dawn cancelled, but i saw your campaign still have lot problem with grammar and lack of description, i hope you can fix all of them, I really love to playing as Scarlet Crusade

And I hope you put a voice actors for English

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Thread cleaned of off topic posts.

Do not use a campaign thread to talk about a completely different campaign or to voice discontent about
it not being continued.

It is not only against the rules, it is also most impolite towards the creator of this campaign project to alienate
the topic like that.

Level 26
Hello @SanyaBelotsky ,I decided to make an Icon for the "Ogre Stone Thrower" model during my playthrough with your campaign.

Level 23
Thought I would add some notes I wrote down from when I played this campaign:

Ch1
It is great to see custom maps in the load screen that show our location. Makes the missions more immersive.
The request to see the leader could probably have been an update to the quest of defending against the undead, otherwise we complete 1 main quest in 20 seconds, and then a second main quest 5 seconds later.
Enemies with burrow are annoying for people who want to kill everything on the map, since they burrow before you can kill them. Would rather not waste shockwave just to kill them.

Ch2
The only place for the possible expansion is the bottom left gold mine, but if we build there, the orcs rush all the way over to help defend our base, making their base very vulnerable to undead attacks. So, it is a pointless expansion point in my opinion.

Ch3
For the possible locations for the possessed peasant to find to let in the Ogres, there should at least be multiple locations pinged/revealed (1 is the real one, others are false leads), so we have some idea of where to go, since the map is big, and the peasant is very slow.
Barrel locations for the bomb should pinged also, all 3 of them, or it is again us walking around the entire base looking for them.
The ogre leader has a skill we cannot use.

Ch4
Quest mentions keep Dhango alive (the panda) before we even meet him.

Ch7
I liked the difficulty of this mission. Was fun to have two AI allies.
The narrow passage to the UD base on the right means it is very awkward to push through with our units always getting stuck.

General points

It was a decent experience.
I don't think the story made much sense, even if this was a fictional world of Azeroth.
I didn't see a thumbnail picture for the campaign in the custom campaign selection screen.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
  1. While the loading screen map edits are a nice touch they look too MS Paint edited. Would have been more proper for those markings to look like ink rather than contemporary pencil coloured.
  2. Shockwave has no name/title. The other abilities are just renamed ones.
  3. The Senior Advisor remained selected during cinematic mode.
  4. Feels useless to have a cinematic scene where only one sentence is said: the one with the undead outpost not being easy to take down. Could have been a transmission.
  5. A whole knight (with his horse) in a cage :D?
  6. To the left/west of the demons at the ruined temple, there is a selectable Disease Cloud. It should not be, I guess. Could put Locust ability on it or something.
  7. Didn't destroy any of the mechanical goblins but I see many of them around the map for some reason. Shouldn't there have been an optional quest to repair or get them back or something? Maybe they are spying or doing something although not even the undead get them, I guess because they hide in the forest?
  8. When speaking with the orcs a Burrow remained selected.
  9. Is this the same Samuro from the Rexxar campaign?
  10. Not sure if intended but you can move to the mountains/hills through the forest to the west/left with the pathfinder villager. Nothing there so better put some pathing blockers or leave no spaces between trees.
  11. While the charmed spy idea is nice, there's no danger before the barrels. There should be some units like priests or something that could detect you if you get close to them; some of them should also patrol. Would be neat to do some double agent stuff, like open gates and maybe be a bit of a hitman, kill some other villagers/troops from behind to pass or not be seen when opening stuff etc.
  12. One of their barracks (to the left/west map margin past the bridge with the two cannon towers) is blue. Actually all seem to be.
  13. When finding the gate near the waterwheel, the villager is selected during cinematic mode.
  14. Theoretically, the barrels should slow you down even more.
  15. For the last two, farthest barrels, the path to the circle is the same.
  16. Worg has an ability that has its tooltip missing, looks disabled and has the Shamanic Totem icon, located right under Stop.
  17. Funny thing is Sylvanas used Charm on the villager but when you play with her you don't have the ability yet since you need level 6.
  18. Ogre Stone Thrower's description is incomplete. It should follow the same trend as the other units'.
  19. In the scene where they leave with the boat, the units are selected. The ogre is bigger than the boat :D At least Sylvanas understands :D
  20. The dying soldier says "()" after the first transmission with the dark archer and ogres coming and the explosion.
  21. Why rename and reskin the Crown of Kings? I mean it's the same item.
  22. Units selected during the scene where you meet the ogre boss. Same when seeing Garithos talk trash.
  23. Not sure if intended but Worg hasn't got full mana.
  24. After killing the ogre you get a new objective one being keeping Django alive, whoever that is. It's a pandaren you meet a bit later. Units selected during the chat with him.
  25. Volcano has no name/title. Same with the reskinned Drunken Brawler ability next to Volcano. Same with Drunken Haze.
  26. Django's thoughts: "if they are fighting undead, then they must be good, not thieves or bad guys so I'll join them."
  27. Drunken Brawler's icon should look passive. You can make it so with: Button Manager v1.8.2
  28. Again, Disease Clouds that can be attacked and selected.
  29. Tichondrius should be dead, killed by Illidan by this time. Oh well...
  30. Not gonna mention further (from the one with Tichondrius) but I guess every cinematic scene has units selected.
  31. Everything seems so out of context. Tichondrius is now allied with Sylvanas to rule the Northrend continent while I suspect Arthas/Lich King is there too. We don't get to know what's going on, only draw conclusions from what we know from the original game which seems to not fit with what's going on in this campaign. Sorry, but it's general nonsense. Maybe in the author's head stuff is known but the player doesn't have a clue, really. Definitely have no idea what's the point of these retwisted story edits and mixes. Why not make your own or a Warcraft side story?
  32. Jaina has been replaced by Maya or the latter is a ripoff of the first.
  33. The World Tree!? What's it doing here? The interlude could have been on the same map as the Valley since it's using the same tileset.
  34. Corrupted ancient models are broken. They have no turn animations. You should use the fixed ones: Rooted Corrupted Ancients attack animation bug
  35. Green treants have no names.
  36. In Enemy at the Gates, what are those red lines on the map, no go zones, enemy territory?
  37. So, is it Solstice or Solstheim?
  38. Wait... I don't understand, Tichondrius is attacking the humans and orcs? What's the plan, occupy the whole Lordaeron before battling Arthas on Northrend?
  39. Why is Sylvanas the dark widow and not the dark ranger? If you were going along the idea of black widow, it doesn't quite work since storywise Sylvanas didn't kill her husband or anyone else's particularly to get such a title.
  40. Once heroes reach level 10 there's no more growing and stats giving items aren't that many to fill your inventory. They could just level up without having any more spells. Mirak's been level 10 for at least two chapters.
  41. If the point is to defend for 30 mins why are the allies attacking the enmy base suicidal mode?
  42. Techtree is incomplete. OK, maybe no air units but nothing more than the Sorceress and Priest aside the troops in the Barracks? Not to mention they're all just Human, well more like Human+High Elf.
  43. Why are the orange undead named rebels?
  44. There are two different Gargoyle units.
  45. The green human force keeps Maya somewhere outside the gates towards the green undead base unlike the blue orcs who move Samuro around. After a long while or after she died, the AI started moving her.
  46. While there's a bridge over the river, you can pass through the river and the water waves appears over the brown bridge.
  47. The Commander's Storm Bolt has no name/title. Nice name, Commander the Commander.
  48. You only need to destroy the main enemy buildings to trigger the quest completion although they can be still training and building at that time.
  49. This Commander was a superior to Mirak? But are they not of different human factions?
  50. Downer: unfinished.
A generic campaign with recycled techtree (if any since melee is just a spark in the basement), linear gameplay with no optional quests, and a go from here to there bland filler story wannabe (one should just look at the nice images rather than read what the characters say). Don't get me wrong, there are some nice ideas there but overall...

Approved.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

Level 9

deepstrasz

Thank you for the assessment and detailed analysis! I will address your questions, as well as those that are repeated from other players that I haven't responded to yet.​

Regarding the goblins, these are quests to eliminate them in order to receive an item as a reward. As for the ability on the ogre with the totemic sign, it happened because I equipped him with armor, which resulted in such an ability. Why does the Scarlet Horde have so few different types of troops? I planned to add another mage to the monastery named "Cardinal," and even found a special voiceover for him, which I cut, but unfortunately, in the game, no sound was produced from his mouth, so I decided not to include him. There was also an idea to add a armored battle troll with a separate upgrade to increase armor, but unfortunately, I couldn't attach armor to him in mdlvis as required, so I had to leave him out.

Next, you asked why Maya behaved a bit unusually in the final battle. This is because, for some reason in my editor, a non-standard unit model cannot be added. Therefore, Maya was resurrected through a script, and the AI intended for the Theramore army took her under control, but for the defense of the base, not for attacking. This was especially noticeable after her first death.

Level 20
-Played on normal difficulty on my 1.27 game version as usual

It seems the story takes place in a bizzaro version of warcraft where Tichondrius is chilling (pun intended) in Northrend and there's a world tree in Loredaeron ? Why not, but then you have to explain what's changed or we can't understand what's happening...

In map1 why do we destroy goblin robots ? Seems very random

The AI is a bit weird in map2 and 8, I think it's melee AI ?

The difficulty is map2 seems WAY overboard especially for the 1st base building map

The ogre warrior description gives wrong spell, the ogre mage one is incomplete
There is no music at all on map 5 and 6 : oversight, bug or intended ?

The stealth peasant mission is a nice idea, but the execution is not that fun because : the peasant is slow, you don't see the soldiers (especially at night you can't really see their patrol), you don't know what is a safe distance before you get spotted and need to reload.
I know it was the case in the vanilla undead campaign too but Arthas could defend himself and the enemy stopped chasing you after a while.

In last map it's pretty easy to attack instead of defending, I had almost finished off Sylvanas's base when the 30 minutes ended, mainly because the 2 heroes + items are pretty OP and your base is completely ignored by the enemy. The allies can handle themselves so I'm pretty sure you can go AFK for the whole 30 minutes. :gg:

SO MANY TIGHT PASSAGES ! And it's getting even worse after the Northrend Sylavans map where even 2 heroes + couple summons have pathfinding issues, and later so many towers on high ground

Overall this one is disappointing for me compared to the other 2 I tested before. Except the stealth peasant, map it's run-of-the-mill gameplay without any custom units or spells except for name/visual. The story doesn't really go anywhere and then it ends.

On the + side, the atmosphere of the maps with the terraining and use of custom sounds is still nice, and the no-build missions were well balanced with the runes and items for healing, compared to the difficulty spikes of the previous campaigns.

Level 9

Armelior_is_back

Thank you for the feedback! Regarding Chapter 2, yes, I didn't prioritize difficulty levels very effectively. For example, with the demons attacking the player, I probably should have made it even easier. However, I can say that this happened gradually, as I've been working on this campaign for a long time, and people who played it complained a lot about it. I can say that it was about twice as difficult before. Regarding the lack of music on maps 5-6, are you referring to Sylvanas' mission leading to Ticondrus and the Interlude where Miraak is near the castle? If so, in Northrend, the atmosphere was meant to be cold throughout the game except for the final scene, and there is indeed music on the next map. I'm not sure why it didn't play for you. As for the opponent ignoring the player's base, I'll try to address it differently. I'll also change some icons; I chose them for the Scarlet Crusade, and I'll review the descriptions in the buildings and abilities. Thank you.