• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lady Sylvanas

This bundle is marked as high quality. It exceeds standards and is highly desirable.
Just wanted to do a Sylvanas skin too.

lspreview-png.447271
Contents

Lady Sylvanas (Texture)

Reviews
Footman16
PrinceYaser has blessed us with a texture on a theme that we've seen done a few times before but still manages to be unique, so let's get started: The Good: Well it's definitely Sylvanas and I feel like this is very accurate to her Battle for Azeroth...
Level 15
Insanely impressive Dark Ranger skin! Same goes for the Grunt skin. Sure gives Classic-like models a Reforged-like makeover, as it were. Great job!
good2.gif

That moment when you know she's dead but you still fall in love with her.
Well, she's technically dead... I mean, she has no vital signs, no heartbeat, no body heat... therefore she's, by all definition, clinically dead. Still, she's not dead--she's undead, so she's kinda alive... as a reanimated corpse, that is. Argh! My head hurts...!

As for falling in love with her, I wouldn't recommend... especially when she's hungry, because otherwise...
13644066865_bf4f33e665_n.jpg

"with her Life Drain ability, that is."

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Sure gives Classic-like models a Remaster-like makeover
There, corrected!
Argh! My head hurts...!
Bio android/robot. However, the debate can go further that she's plasma, I mean ghostly, because, you know, banshee...
As for falling in love with her, I wouldn't recommend... especially when she's hungry, because otherwise..
Nah, she's not the type to eat you that way. She'll eat your character, dignity, any form of freedom or will, something along those lines.

Level 15
There, corrected!
Legacy, Classic, Reforged, Remastered... TO-MAY-TO, TO-MAH-TO, DAY-DRA, DEE-DRA...
derisive.gif

At least you understood perfectly what I wanted to say, didn'tcha?!
acute.gif

Bio android/robot.
spore_gif_2015-01-29_20-00-16.gif

"Fuh... fuh... frrrii... this statement does not compute."

However, the debate can go further that she's plasma, I mean ghostly, because, you know, banshee...
I'm neither a zealot nor a scientist, so I can't explain any better, hence my headaches (just kidding). It's sort of real life VS unreal Life (or apples and oranges comparison) style.

Hmm... if she's a "plasmatic" ghost, how come her body is physical and can be physically touched (and then even get physically slapped by her afterwards)? Normally ghosts are untouchable and invisible... unless they can cast spells and/or curses. Also, ectoplasm is blood for ghosts, right? Dunno, dunno...
dntknw.gif

Nah, she's not the type to eat you that way. She'll eat your character, dignity, any form of freedom or will, something along those lines.
Her Life Drain ability isn't just for show, y'know. She uses it to consume the life force outta anyone, not just men... though I think (non-game logic-wise) she gains much more nourishment from men than from women.

Still, I know what you mean and even makes perfect sense... like, she goes "superflirty" and makes a male victim fall for her irresistable, undeniable, and "undeadly" charms (with her Charm ability), then she stabs him in the back (ironically with her Black Arrow ability--similar to a "special poisoned arrow" Sylvanas used against Arthas), and then disheartens him (maybe with her Silence ability)... just like a very dangerous femme fatale.
girl_devil.gif

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Hmm... if she's a "plasmatic" ghost, how come her body is physical and can be physically touched (and then even get physically slapped by her afterwards)? Normally ghosts are untouchable and invisible... unless they can cast spells and/or curses. Also, ectoplasm is blood for ghosts, right? Dunno, dunno...
dntknw.gif
I guess a poltergeist with telekinetic ability and ectoplasm blood ha-ha.
Still, I know what you mean and even makes perfect sense... like, she goes "superflirty" and makes a male victim fall for her irresistable, undeniable, and "undeadly" charms (with her Charm ability), then she stabs him in the back (ironically with her Black Arrow ability--similar to a "special poisoned arrow" Sylvanas used against Arthas), and then disheartens him (maybe with her Silence ability)... just like a very dangerous femme fatale.
girl_devil.gif
Frankly, Sylvanas is no succubus so her charms are only to gain control of her enemies or pawns but not in the sultry manner.

Level 15
Frankly, Sylvanas is no succubus so her charms are only to gain control of her enemies or pawns but not in the sultry manner.
I know she isn't, but you know how "Sylvie" fooled the ol' fart Garithos into trusting her before she betrayed him in the end... and yet he says to never trust an elf but he still trusted her, especially an undead. Riiiiight...?

EDIT: Still, I wonder why Garithos trusted her so willingly... was it due to her good looks that infatuated him or something? I really don't know. Heck, nobody knows for sure what really made the "anti-non-human" guy like Garithos stoop so low... d-don't ask "Blizzie" about it!

Last edited:
Level 8
I love her face. She really looks like she's suffering. I haven't before seen a Sylvanas skin that captures that pain in her expression.

EDIT:
EDIT: Still, I wonder why Garithos trusted her so willingly... was it due to her good looks that infatuated him or something? I really don't know. Heck, nobody knows for sure what really made the "anti-non-human" guy like Garithos stoop so low... d-don't ask "Blizzie" about it!
If I remember right, Garithos was making an alliance of convenience to get Balnazar's undead out of his city. And he didn't have many other allies- his racism meant that even when you're playing as him, you were severely tactically limited unless you did the optional sidequests to get the Dwarves and Elves on your side (and the Dwarves verbally express that they hate him). At this point, Kael and all the Blood Elves had also left for Outland. It was likely desperation that drove him to accept Sylvanas' offer. I don't think he was actually charmed or convinced.

Last edited:
Level 15
If I remember right, Garithos was making an alliance of convenience to get Balnazar's undead out of his city. And he didn't have many other allies- his racism meant that even when you're playing as him, you were severely tactically limited unless you did the optional sidequests to get the Dwarves and Elves on your side (and the Dwarves verbally express that they hate him). At this point, Kael and all the Blood Elves had also left for Outland. It was likely desperation that drove him to accept Sylvanas' offer. I don't think he was actually charmed or convinced.
I played Warcraft 3 many times (though I never played WoW due to compulsive Internet connection requirement and other stuff, so I'm clueless about the whole story after Warcraft 3), so I know the events that took place. Also, I was being a little bit sarcastic and speculative back there (I like kidding sometimes--but I don't overdo it), and I never said Sylvanas actually charmed Garithos.
sarcasm.gif

Still, I thank you for a fully detailed explanation of the events. It's just that I find Garithos accepting Sylvanas' aid out of the blue a bit... well, very unusual of him, given his strong dislike for elves and undead. If he was smart enough to realize she'd play him for a fool, betray him, and then "dispose" of him after getting rid of Balnazzar, he would still be alive. Nevertheless, Garithos was such a big "meanie", so I guess his death was kinda fitting.
scratch_one-s_head.gif

Last edited:
Level 15
Yup, that's correct. He was de facto a fool, and his decision of trusting Sylvanas (he hates elves + he hates undead = double hatred combo) without even realizing that, by doing so, would lead him to his own death proves how wrong he was... and I can't imagine his reaction (and the look on his face) when Sylvanas told Varimathras "Kill him, too."!
ddda97ff335fd44a1b8d15e17d34f503.jpg

"You have made a fatal error."

tumblr_pjdb21yGzn1vi01evo1_540.png

"The Grox do not care what you do. Your fate has already been decided."

EDIT: Then again, I think the plot "Blizzie" planned was clear... they wanted Sylvanas to get rid of both Balnazzar and Garithos and take over their lands for her own, so they dumbed down Garithos to the point of trusting her. Now "Sylvie" is revered as a queen. Yay!

Last edited:
PrinceYaser has blessed us with a texture on a theme that we've seen done a few times before but still manages to be unique, so let's get started:

The Good:
Well it's definitely Sylvanas and I feel like this is very accurate to her Battle for Azeroth appearance, yet you have added unique elements such as the skulls on the knee armour (if this a reference to a different sylvanas look they're still cool!).
There are a lot of details oozing out of everywhere on the wrap, from the folds and tiny cuts/scrapes on the cape to the shading and staining on the metal armour sections.
Her face looks amazing, you've got the shadows being cast by her hood as well as the cracks around her eyes and of course the evil red glow. The face looks incredible and is definitely one of the stand out parts for me.
There is a lot for me to fawn over for this texture but almost every single part looks great with the right shading, texturing, colouring etc.

Areas for Improvement:
There's really not much here that could use some improvement, but I'll add just some small things:
I'm not sure the bow works tbh, I'm looking at it and can see what you're going for but I don't know if it could benefit from a rethink/redraw.
I think the fletching of the arrow as well looks a bit "fuzzy".
These are very nitpicky I know but with the quality of the texture overall I think I'm allowed to be :p

Although a more major one I think is the boots, I'm not sure how they're meant to look or what you're going for with them but I don't think it works.

Conclusion:
A new take on a popular character who definitely deserves an upgrade from her vanilla warcraft 3 look in the texture department and this delivers. A very impressive piece of work, I had a couple of gripes/nitpicks but overall a great addition to the section. Approved as High Quality!