• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lordearons... Last Hope

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Hello Hive Workshop, This is Marine99 here, just putting a demo out to my first campaign.. i think i did it pretty well for a first try, the intro and 2nd level took forever to finish :(\

Campaign info: The Campaign Takes Place A Couple Weeks After King Terenes' Death And Arthas' Betrayal, A Captain, Loyal To Lordearon For Several Years Takes Command Of Half Lordearons Army, While Uther Commands The Other Half, While The Scourge Rampage Through This Hero Named Arathon, Is The One And Last Hope For Humans Who Havent Traveled West, Arathon's Job Is To Keep Villages And Soldiers Hopes Up, While Combatting The Scourge. The Campaign Has Alot Of Refferences To WoW, Or Present WoW... Play And Find Out

Side Note: Everything Used In The Campaign, Came With the Editor, I Used No Custom Models

Thanks to : Tyeeeee1 for Helping Explain how cinematics worked, rest i figured out on my own

Keywords:
warcraft, Arathon,
Contents

Lordearons... Last Hope (Campaign)

Reviews
14:29, 1st Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 1
a few things taht would be very nice

1. some actual loading screen game data/storyline
2.a bit more dealt in levels i mean i beat the first 2 in like 5-10 mins not really much difficulty at all
3. lots of minor fixer uppers would be nice
and whats with the whole main char? is it not meant to be a hero or havent u got finished with him yet but if u do get finished i do like the idea of having a hero which u can upgrade if u were going along that area.
but other than that mainly the first 1
this campaign has alot of potential and its original

Level 21
I'm gonna try it out now.
I'll give you feedback on it.

Well for me I like how Lordearon is now the Plaugelands. That's just me, and I shouldb't be talking about my interests. I'll see if this Campaign is worth playing.

hmmm... It's good for a beginer. well only a question... why you don't make a "Hero"? With XP bar, spells and mana.
Bugs found:
In level 1:
Some Cinematics can be repeated, make it like
------
Event - **** enters region
------
- Action
Turn off (This trigger)
cinematic stuff
----
That way it wont repeat...
some bugs
- At the end of level 1 they ships are attacking you, and you can't attack them.
- The first orcs you find, the grunts, 1 of the gets stuck when the other attacks (at the pit fire)
anyway 4/5 :thumbs_up:

Level 5
It's a decent campaign for your first try, maybe a bit short..

On the first map i found there were too many cinematics, and during the one were you fight the scarlet cleanser Jeziah (i think that's his name) the boats in the water attack you if your units are within range and you only have one rifleman capable of attacking them so you may want to remove them.

Also, if this is supposed to be accurate to warcraft lore the Scarlet Crusade was created after the fall of lordaeron's capital and they fought against the scourge, although they did kill some innocent refugees.

But, a good effort for your first campaign

Level 4
K, first BIIG problem, is the polishing. Tis OK, but the intro, the very end where the tropos are lined up ready for battle, they look sloppy.

And lvl 1, the captain isn't a hero, that's another big problem.... make him a hero, or this loses some points... I havn't tried lvl 2 yet..... i sure hope it's better.... otherwise...

Lvl 2. Horrid. Two bases, and you only need to destroy the town hall of one??? Also, maybe an ending cinematic for your levels would be nice, instead of just Victory, when you finish the requirements..... also... maybe a few quests?

Level 4
That's something i'm totally unsure of. Best bet is to use triggers where every so often you create units and send them to the players base.

Also, you see, because the captain isn't a hero, you can't revive him. Which sucks. If you want to make him a hero, simply create a hero named "Captain" and change to model file to "Captain,Swordsman" and then go make a unit description and change the Name Strings to one... sounds like a lot of work, and it can be, i know.

Level 4
Well, that'd true.... but attempting to create a truely custom hero can take hours, especially if you want him to turn out nice. Custom Spells, Damage, health, mana... stats, all are important and it takes forever until you get used to it..

Oh, and that AI stuff... i get the feeling i'll never understand, cause i can't find a way for custom units to work.... :(

Level 4
Oh, i understand the basic idea and use of AI, i just don't think i'll be able to use it to it's full capacity... after all, i don't think it allows you to use custom units in it. But enough about me, this topic's about the campaign!

Level 10
Well, I played this campaign before, I played it again and now I really should inform you about these problems:
1. The first cinematic is only camera around the bases and Medivh talking, that's not much a cinematic, you can music or something, add Fade out and fade ins
2. In the First chapter, there is no starting cinematic for it, you could even use a cinematic mode that shows the captain has reached there and you could say about that gate and that village in cinematic mode.
3. That village that was razed by orcs where those 2 orc warlocks were wasn't really called a village as I can say, 5 structures and 1 well, you could add some more doodads to improve it's quality.
4. You are in charge of humans but your race options appear as Night Elf.
5. Terrain is also unacceptable and needs much to be improved.
6. Most words in the sentences that were being said were started with capital letters even when they aren't the first word of a sentence, like "I Didn't Even Know You Are Here"
7. The first time you meet a Scarlet Crusader or Captain, he says "Plaque" instead of "Plague" which plaque means something far different with plague, and I know it' only a mistake while typing.
8. As some other people mentioned, the captain isn't hero and has no abilities with large amount of hit point regeneration, you can add a team glow to him, turning him into a hero with XP bar and some warrior fitting abilities like, Block, or Berserk or similar to these.
9. In the last moments of chapter 1, when you are heading to that purple Scarlet Crusade captain, you gain control of another captain, same models, same Icons and same size, that really bugs me.
10. Also a strange thing is I don't recognize the Scarlet Crusade to have dwarves in their group or race.

If I am to rate this campaign, I give 1/5, but I won't since it will really ruin it.

As a member of the Group Map Reviewers, I will be reviewing campaigns/cinematics :

As mentioned by the uploader, this is a demo and thus you are breaking the rules :

The map must be almost complete, alpha or demo versions may not be uploaded to the database :
No works in progress.

Last edited: