• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Water Wheel

"Legend told of a wheel that could roll upon water... We found it."

This model should help with any town/villages in your maps, it can also be quite handily used as mining-grinders.

Changes
-Updated Texture
-Removed unnecessary Textures
-Added Death Animation (It appears I forgot to do so)
-Added Decay Animation

Keywords:
Water, Wheel, Grinder, Mill, Wood, Wooden, Town, Village, River
Contents

Water Wheel (Model)

Reviews
04:45, 12th Jul 2015 Misha: Err.. this really needs a better wrap and a bigger, more crisp wood texture.. try the Main-Menu/UI textures from war3.mpq Archian: Are you going to add the death animation like Misha sugggested? Anyway, I'll approve...

M

04:45, 12th Jul 2015
Misha: Err.. this really needs a better wrap and a bigger, more crisp wood texture.. try the Main-Menu/UI textures from war3.mpq

Archian: Are you going to add the death animation like Misha sugggested?

Anyway, I'll approve this as it could be useful for environmental purposes. Feel free to update it with the animation Misha suggested.

Level 65
Ah, much crispier, now try to wrap the rest of the blurry sides as well, and also, give it a stand second where it's still, and maybe even death, where it falls off the axle or falls apart

I've got "Sort of" an idea on how to get rid of the blurry bits, but it might look weird.

As for animations, brace yourself for a long story.

When making a lotr map where the players take control of the hunting Nazgul and scour the shire for the ringbearer, I found that Bywater (A village) was missing its characteristic water-wheel/mill thing. So I went and made my own.

The first version was a heavily edited Inn with the wheel sticking out on the side, but there were two problems with it. The first being that for the wheel to turn in the right direction, the map maker would always need to put the model on the river-bank facing a certain way, and a wheel couldn't be on the other side.

The second version was without the Inn attached to it, while it was easier to use, it looked-- out of place as a destructible, because it was sort of an "attachment" for a building, and no longer could it use the animations I slapped onto it.

The current version serves as a doodad more than a destructible or a unit, if I knew how to add a second model to this I'd add a destructible version of it, but I can't say how good/bad it'll look.

I've got "Sort of" an idea on how to get rid of the blurry bits, but it might look weird.

As for animations, brace yourself for a long story.

When making a lotr map where the players take control of the hunting Nazgul and scour the shire for the ringbearer, I found that Bywater (A village) was missing its characteristic water-wheel/mill thing. So I went and made my own.

The first version was a heavily edited Inn with the wheel sticking out on the side, but there were two problems with it. The first being that for the wheel to turn in the right direction, the map maker would always need to put the model on the river-bank facing a certain way, and a wheel couldn't be on the other side.

The second version was without the Inn attached to it, while it was easier to use, it looked-- out of place as a destructible, because it was sort of an "attachment" for a building, and no longer could it use the animations I slapped onto it.

The current version serves as a doodad more than a destructible or a unit, if I knew how to add a second model to this I'd add a destructible version of it, but I can't say how good/bad it'll look.

well.. i dunno.. but it's death anim could simply be it being still oO no need to add in another shape to it. doodads don't really disappear after death anim is played via triggers