Participants are to create a map with (a) great monument/s and wonderful creations of all kind.
Whether or not the origin of said monument is human or otherwise is for the participant to decide.
The name of the contest does not imply that you have to create a "real" world wonder.
You are, of course, free to do so if you want, however.
- No submission may violate any of the site rules.
- All submissions must follow the current theme. If any terrain does not fit, a moderator will tell you as soon as possible as to avoid confusion.
- Your submission must be posted before the deadline. The post containing your final submission must also contain the following:
- A few in game screenshots showing your submission in action.
- You must show at least one unfinished preview of your submission, before the deadline, as proof that it’s yours.
- Your submission may not be started/made before the official launch of the contest.
- Judges may not participate.
- Teamwork is not allowed.
- Map may consist of any resource as long as it is public.
- Unless a used resource belongs to either Hive Workshop or sc2mapster, a link to the used resources must be provided.
- Resources made public after the launch of the contest are not permitted.
- No image editing tools may be used to enhance the terrain previews (however cropping is allowed).
- Adding triggers is allowed but will not be judged on. They are simply for your own satisfaction.
- Protecting your map is prohibited. The terrain will need to be looked at both in game and in the galaxy editor.
- First Place: 45 reputation points and your entry on an award icon and a custom user rank icon.
- Second Place: 30 reputation points and an award icon.
- Third Place: 15 reputation points and an award icon.
- Participants and Judges: 5 reputation points
Creativity Was the terrain bringing something new or was it rather simple? Uniqueness factors greatly /20 Detail Measurement of detail in design and overall detail balance. Impurities include rough edges, deficiency in execution, and general disorder. /10 Technique
How well thought out was the terrain and how was the approach to execution. Did it bring new elements? /20 Aesthetics Overall composition of the terrain and a good fluidity. Does it contain rough spots and missing aspects from it? /10
Score S = 25v/TOTv + 75( j1 + j2 )/TOTp
- 75 % of the winner shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s).
- 25 % of the winner shall be determined by the results of a public poll.
where v = votes entry received, TOTv = total poll vote count, j1 and j2 = score from judges, and TOTp = total judge score possible.
- The contest shall begin on 3rd of August and conclude on the 3rd of October, 2016 GMT
Assigned Staff: Heinvers
The long-awaited results for Concept Art Contest #11 have finally been released!Dismiss Notice
Join Texturing Contest #30 now in a legendary battle of mythological creatures!Dismiss Notice
The Aftermath has been revealed for the 19th Terraining Contest! Be sure to check out the Results and see what came out of it.Dismiss Notice
Melee Mapping Contest #3 - Results are out! Congratulate the winners and check plenty of new 4v4 melee maps designed for this competition!Dismiss Notice
The winners of our cinematic soundtrack competition have been decided! Step by the Music Contest #11 - Results to check the entries and congratulate the winners!Dismiss Notice
Check out the Staff job openings thread.Dismiss Notice
Page 20 of 21
Page 20 of 21