Participants are to create a map with (a) great monument/s and wonderful creations of all kind.
Whether or not the origin of said monument is human or otherwise is for the participant to decide.
The name of the contest does not imply that you have to create a "real" world wonder.
You are, of course, free to do so if you want, however.
- No submission may violate any of the site rules.
- All submissions must follow the current theme. If any terrain does not fit, a moderator will tell you as soon as possible as to avoid confusion.
- Your submission must be posted before the deadline. The post containing your final submission must also contain the following:
- A few in game screenshots showing your submission in action.
- You must show at least one unfinished preview of your submission, before the deadline, as proof that it’s yours.
- Your submission may not be started/made before the official launch of the contest.
- Judges may not participate.
- Teamwork is not allowed.
- Map may consist of any resource as long as it is public.
- Unless a used resource belongs to either Hive Workshop or sc2mapster, a link to the used resources must be provided.
- Resources made public after the launch of the contest are not permitted.
- No image editing tools may be used to enhance the terrain previews (however cropping is allowed).
- Adding triggers is allowed but will not be judged on. They are simply for your own satisfaction.
- Protecting your map is prohibited. The terrain will need to be looked at both in game and in the galaxy editor.
- First Place: 45 reputation points and your entry on an award icon and a custom user rank icon.
- Second Place: 30 reputation points and an award icon.
- Third Place: 15 reputation points and an award icon.
- Participants and Judges: 5 reputation points
Creativity Was the terrain bringing something new or was it rather simple? Uniqueness factors greatly /20 Detail Measurement of detail in design and overall detail balance. Impurities include rough edges, deficiency in execution, and general disorder. /10 Technique
How well thought out was the terrain and how was the approach to execution. Did it bring new elements? /20 Aesthetics Overall composition of the terrain and a good fluidity. Does it contain rough spots and missing aspects from it? /10
Score S = 25v/TOTv + 75( j1 + j2 )/TOTp
- 75 % of the winner shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s).
- 25 % of the winner shall be determined by the results of a public poll.
where v = votes entry received, TOTv = total poll vote count, j1 and j2 = score from judges, and TOTp = total judge score possible.
- The contest shall begin on 3rd of August and conclude on the 3rd of October, 2016 GMT
Assigned Staff: Heinvers
Please help test custom maps and more on the latest PTR!Dismiss Notice
Create competitive 1v1 maps in the Melee Mapping Contest #2!Dismiss Notice
Evolution complete! Make Darwin proud and go vote in the Techtree Contest #12 - Poll.Dismiss Notice
Icon Contest #17 - Results are out! Step by to congratulate our winners!Dismiss Notice
Succumb to the whispers and join our Texturing Contest #29 - Old Gods!Dismiss Notice
The results for Texturing Contest #28 are out! Step by to congratulate our winners!Dismiss Notice
We've created the Staff Job Openings thread. We're currently in need of icon, video production, and social/multimedia positions to be filled. Thank you!Dismiss Notice
Page 17 of 18
Page 17 of 18