Introducing, SharpCraft: World Editor Extended also known as WEX. An add on to the World Editor used to heavily expand the limits in modding Warcraft III along with making it more efficient and flexible to use. Using WEX makes it much more possible to create complex and creative maps and mods than in the vanilla editor, especially in terms of JASS usage, the code used in developing the game. WEX currently supports WC3 versions 1.27b and 1.28. In simpler terms, it’s the “World Editor 2.0”.
Some of the major features include:
- Removal / increase various limits, such as the number of doodads, units, destructables, and more to be placed on a map.
- JassHelper, a vJASS compiler, that replaces the internal world editor compiler completely.
- No more crashes from bad code and many more features through vJASS.
- Trigger Editor Syntax Highlight (TESH), a code syntax highlighter for the Trigger Editor, that makes coding in JASS/vJASS a breeze.
- Simple to update when WC3 is patched by editing a text file.
- Object ID dialog, that allows you to manually set the object id when creating a new object.
Want to make a hero peasant? Just copy the peasant, and when the dialog asks, just change the first letter to uppercase, and he's ready.
- Expanding the map dimensions (playable map area size) to 480x480, whereas the default limit was 256x256. Note that this is not working as intended at the moment, however.
Today, we are pleased to announce that SharpCraft joins Hive Workshop as our newest hosted project, with its very own forum for discussion, updates, and more! If you would like to try it out, contribute to the project, engage in discussion, or simply read more about it, visit the forum linked below.
More background information & technical details
The contestants were to create water structures for the 20th Terraining Contest. Choose one in the public poll!Dismiss Notice
Join other hivers in a friendly concept-art contest. The contestants have to create a genie coming out of its container. We wish you the best of luck!Dismiss Notice
The Melee Mapping Contest #4: 2v2 - Results are out! Step by to congratulate the winners!Dismiss Notice
We're hosting the 15th Mini-Mapping Contest with YouTuber Abelhawk! The contestants are to create a custom map that uses the hidden content within Warcraft 3 or is inspired by any of the many secrets within the game.Dismiss Notice
Check out the Staff job openings thread.Dismiss Notice
Page 17 of 23
Page 17 of 23