- Jan 1, 2006
MERCH ARTWORK/GRAPHIC CONTEST
Here's your chance to design some merch and earn cash from all the sales!
Contestants must create an original artwork / graphic design that is suitable for printing on merchandise (Apparel, Homeware, Accessories and/or Drinkware). The theme of the artwork / graphic should be 'Hive Workshop Community'.
The winner of the contest will have his/her artwork printed on Hive merchandise and sold in our HiveMerchshop during a 3 month period.
All earnings from items sold during this limited time will go to the winner and will be transferred to his/her bank account on a monthly basis until the end of the 3 month period. After this time, the artwork will taken down from our store and no further sales with the winning entry will be possible, unless the winner agrees to have all future earnings go the maintenance of the Hive Workshop.
The Hive Workshop Administration team will start a private dialogue with the winner to determine the specific pricing for each item.
Remember that's it's not guaranteed that people will buy your merch. So make your entry unique, desirable and relevant to the Hive community to increase the chances of a sale.
- Entry must not violate the General Site Rules.
- You must show at least one Work-In-Progress preview, as proof it's yours.
- Your submission may not be started before the official launch of the Contest.
- Judges are not allowed to participate.
- Teamwork is not allowed - you have to work on your own.
- All submissions must follow the current theme. If any entry does not fit, a moderator will tell you as soon as possible as to avoid confusion.
- Artwork Image (in PNG or JPG format)
- CMYK setting is recommended for best printing result.
- Title/short description (max. 150 characters)
- Each entry must be viable for all merch categories i.e. Apparel, Homeware, Accessories and/or Drinkware.
- Each contestant is allowed to make minor variations of their artwork in order to fit the different layouts better (Max 3 Variations).
- To ensure the best print quality all entries must be in high dimension/resolution.
- 1000 x 1000 pixels or higher.
- 300dpi or higher.
- Entry must be an original work of art to avoid any copyright issues, this includes but is not limited to the use of text and fonts. Remember this has to be legally used on a printed t-shirt for example.
- Your entry must be posted in this thread before the deadline.
- 1st place: 750 experience points.
The winner of the contest will have his/her artwork printed on Hive merchandise and sold in our HiveMerchshop during a 3 month period. All earnings from items sold during this limited time will go to the winner and will be transferred to his/her bank account on a monthly basis until the end of the 3 month period.
- 2nd place: 500 experience points
- 3rd place: 250 experience points
- Entry: 25 experience points
- Judge: 50 experience points per entrant
The three winners will receive an award icon representing the winning entry.
|Relevance||How well does it reflect our community. Is it likely that our members would buy it. Does it catch the proper attention.||/25|
|Optimization||How well does the entry suit the different merchandise it's printed on (Apparel, Homeware, Accessories and/or Drinkware).||/25|
|Composition||Design of the artwork itself i.e. how well was the artwork made. Was it designed with a clear and concise idea in mind. Does the text and/or font used fit the design. Does it send a clear message. Is the design suited for printing.||/25|
|Originality||Is the artwork unique & interesting.||/25|
- Judgement: 70%
- Poll: 30%
FinalScore = (30*Reached_Votes/POSSIBLE_VOTES) + (70*Average_Judge_Score/POSSIBLE_SCORE)
The contest shall begin on Wednesday May 18th 2022 and conclude on Saturday June 25th 2022 GMT (day is included).
Assigned Staff: @Alexen @Archian
The Poll | Results