• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hive Merch Artwork/Graphic Contest #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 50
My entry (full scale in 2000x2000 pixels): Hive community crest

Four gears are set in the center and are part of the mechanism with main piece being 'H' (Hive). They represent the driving force of the community, creative people. Each gear has a symbol, for each of major four types of content: maps, scripting and coding, modeling, arts.

The inside of the shield is green and has a pattern of yellow dots. This is an imitation of wc3's minimap. This 'minimap' has gold mines everywhere (yellow dots). This is a dual symbol of Hive in terms of richness of its resources and content creators. Another symbolism is the fact that dots (bees) are gathering around the center (hive).

On both sides there are etheral antlers of a spiritual protector, the moose. Green is the color of 'night elf theme' which dominated the forum's overlay for long time.

There is a workshop hammer in behind of the shield. In the center of hammer there is a fire icon representing the passion which is key attribute for this community's members.

The cape is shaped after wc3 paladin's, a symbol of devotion and protection of values that built community.
Also there may be an easter egg hidden somewhere around it.

T-shirt mockups presented by Arthas and peon.

version02.png

Attachments

• 2.png
    2.png
    104.6 KB · Views: 49
  • 02.png
    02.png
    109.2 KB · Views: 49
Alright, here's my final. A very fantasy work. With color variations.
There's still so much room for improvement but I was in a rush.

HK.jpg

HK2.jpg
HK3.jpg

WIPs.jpg

HKSH.png

Good job and good luck everyone!

Attachments

• HK.jpg
    HK.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 26
  • HK2.jpg
    HK2.jpg