Warcraft III - The Dark One's Chosen

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.

Play my first attempt at a mission in a campaign for Warcraft III!
Make sure you turn on the Classic graphics in the Main Menu before commencing the campaign/mission or else it won't work properly!

Share your support if you like it :D

Story Description

Following the disappearance of Warchief Sylvanas Windrunner after her duel with the old veteran Saurfang outside the gates of Orgrimmar, one of her most devoted followers, Alinya Darkspring is contacted by a mysterious dark agent calling himself Melphom. He claims to work for the same Master as her leader, Sylvanas Windrunner and to have been sent by the Banshee Queen, Melphom extends her an opportunity to serve both her Banshee Queen and their Master.

Disclaimer, This Campaign Is Not Complete With Only One Mission Available At This Time

Credits:

Forsaken Hunter and Death Archer

Forsaken Necromancer and Apothecary (Re-Classic)

Acolyte and Derivatives

Sylvanas Shadowlands

Footman Pack

Crypt and Derivatives

Highlord Renald

Footmen and Captains (Re-Classic Pack)

Skeleton Warriors (pack I)

Forsaken Death Scout and Dread Rider

Paladin Champion

Acolyte and Derivatives

Forsaken Deathguard and Executor (Re-Classic)

Forsaken Hunter and Death Archer

Paladin

Sylvanas

Forsaken Deathguard / Executor (Re-Classic)

Archer, Dark Ranger, Sylvanas Windrunner, and Derivatives

Paladin Pack

Barbarian

Barbarian

Priest Pack

Chaos Barracks

FootArcher and Derivatives

Generic Human Units

Dread Lord and Derivatives

Legends of Arkain - Highlord Renald van Durce

Steward

Music Credits:

Overlord - Soundtrack 04 Combat Main Theme, Artist: Michiel van den Bos

Rise & Fall Civilizations At War Soundtrack 25, Artist: Jason Graves

Rise & Fall Civilizations At War Soundtrack 20, Arist: Jason Graves

Nazgul Theme- Lord of the Rings Soundtrack, Composer: Howard Shore
Contents

Warcraft III - The Dark One's Chosen (Campaign)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Please don't spam map tags. This is a campaign, not everything. And, what do you know, Alinya is just a Sylvanas/Dark Ranger clone with the same abilities. Intended for the map to be under fog of war rather than black mask? Deathguards have badly...

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 72
A credits list in the map description with the names of the authors whose resources you've used is mandatory. That includes models, skins, icons, custom spells, systems. Also, sounds, music and everything outside this site.
This helps you with the models, skins and icons from Hiveworkshop: Resources in use by Warcraft III - The Dark One's Chosen
You can also upload your map here to generate a list: Asset scanner

Please write a proper description about the gameplay, story etc. See the guides below.

Awaiting Update.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

Level 3
Thank you for the asset scanner and for the review! :D

Would you want me to copy the text version of the results, or have the links to those mods or just images/screenshots of them?

Do I include all of the mods/custom-assets that are in the map, or only the ones used? I had played around with a few that are not represented or used in the map.

Thank you in advance.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 72
Would you want me to copy the text version of the results, or have the links to those mods or just images/screenshots of them?

Do I include all of the mods/custom-assets that are in the map, or only the ones used? I had played around with a few that are not represented or used in the map.
Copy the list as text so one could click the generated links. Please also credit stuff that doesn't appear in the scanner if used. Also, would be a good idea to remove the assets not in use from the map.

Level 3
A credits list in the map description with the names of the authors whose resources you've used is mandatory. That includes models, skins, icons, custom spells, systems. Also, sounds, music and everything outside this site.
This helps you with the models, skins and icons from Hiveworkshop: Resources in use by Warcraft III - The Dark One's Chosen
You can also upload your map here to generate a list: Asset scanner

Please write a proper description about the gameplay, story etc. See the guides below.

Awaiting Update.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/
Greetings!
I have now updated the post with your requests. I hope it crosses all the boxes required. Please alert me should I have missed anything.

Thank you in advance.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 72
Please don't spam map tags. This is a campaign, not everything.

1. And, what do you know, Alinya is just a Sylvanas/Dark Ranger clone with the same abilities.
  2. Intended for the map to be under fog of war rather than black mask?
  3. Deathguards have badly imported icons. They are green on game pause/F10.
  4. Acolytes have the same icon.
  5. Seems that all icons are badly imported. Those in the barracks are green too when the unit requirements are not meant.
  6. Weird that you initially have a Scourge Acolyte but can train a Forsaken one. Are we not playing the Forsaken?
  7. Techtree is pretty much the same. Forsaken units are not unique in any way, just stronger versions of themselves.
  8. The altar heroes can be trained.
  9. Only difference between the Forsaken and Scourge Acolyte is the barracks, the rest of the buildings are the same as for the Scourge's.
  10. Also, the player's race is actually night elf (UI and stuff).
  11. Why imprison undead? Were they trying to revive them, experiment on them?
  12. Starting Forsaken Deathguards have Fast movement speed but the ones you rescue have Average. Those you train also Average.
  13. The elf was boasting about a cowardly paladin who wanted to flee by ship. By the way, the elf was nuts. He asked for mercy only to then provoke them leading to his death.
  14. Deconius has hero glow and his body remains on the ground because the unit is using a hero model without decay animation.
  15. Some quest before meeting him was completed but not even discovered.
  16. After the Paladin ran and the dark ranger's forces said something about unbelievers (what?; anyway), the game froze.
  17. The last quest was marked as completed but never discovered.
While it could be a nice campaign, for now, it's way too simple for approval. Needs more maps but before that, some nice gameplay mechanics, units, abilities etc. not playing the same stuff we already did countless of times. The terrain could use a bit of improvement too.

Level 4
I got a bug end of the first chapter. The game cinematic was not getting out.. so I couldn't keep on second chapter. It was with 1.36 Reforged.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-06-22 143326.png
    Screenshot 2024-06-22 143326.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 175
Level 3
I got a bug end of the first chapter. The game cinematic was not getting out.. so I couldn't keep on second chapter. It was with 1.36 Reforged.
Greetings!

There's only one chapter for the moment. However I plan to update the campaign with additional missions in the future.

Thank you for trying out my first attempt at a campaign mission!

Level 6
And, what do you know, Alinya is just a Sylvanas/Dark Ranger clone with the same abilities.
Man, every time i see this my heart just sinks.
War3 triggers allow for such a veritable fist of possibilities, yet it's for some reason rare to see custom abilities for a "classic" kind of campaign.
Meanwhile, i have this problem the other way around - can't write to save my life, but love to make custom spells for characters based on their concept :(