1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Paladin Champion

Submitted by Stefan.K
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
A model I made out of boredom. I experimented with textures and this came out. I am pretty satisfied in the end. Uses @Kwaliti 's animations and bones from his awesome The Lich King model. I guess the model ended like a counterpart to a Lich King. Could easily be used as a human LK.

I asked him for the permission but he is offline since May 17, 2018 so I still wait for his answer. Though I remember I asked him about permission some time ago and he was okay, so I guess he will be okay with me uploading this model.

Give credits to both of us if you use it.
Contents

Paladin Champion (Model)

Paladin Champion_Portrait (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
Works in-game, performs appropriately and is a good addition to the model section.
  1. paladinjst

paladinjst

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Lovely !5/5 And have any plans about Katherine Proudmoore ?

2. Stefan.K

Stefan.K

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    No plans at the moment.

3. Storm Knight

Storm Knight

Resources:
    Resources:
    yet another good model, though what i would comment this time is why is everyone trying to make their paladins look like holy super human armored gods with golden armor, this is not very,,,, well shortly said useful. the oversaturation of these types of models is what makes them burnt out for me right on spot, i would maybe guess this is based on a picture somewhere.

though the quality is outstanding as a model. but we map makers also need some good looking models that don't look like a marvel hero's too.
    and why always hero the rate of units compared to hero's getting posted in hive model section is quite low, when was even the last time someone tried to post a solid spell animation and effect ? that's also low.

my vote for this is 4/5 still a nice job.

4. Hazop

Hazop

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Nice work as usual, keep up the good work! Will you make a more realistic shaped footman/swordsman like you did with the Grunt?

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
  5. Galadgod

Galadgod

Resources:
    Resources:
    Looks awesome, only thing I can pick on is that the sword looks too much like the armour, but probably that just me.
    Keep it up with the cool models!

6. dtnmang

dtnmang

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Gorgeous.

7. Rubellu Sidus

Rubellu Sidus

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Good model. Based on that Lich King model, isn't it?

8. Stefan.K

Stefan.K

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Nope. The plan was not to use the Lich King's animations in the first place. The mesh was meant (and it will represent something else soon) to represent this. But it the end I figured I could use this animations set.

9. aeman

aeman

Resources:
    Resources:
    is this the project that you have earlier?

10. PROXY

PROXY

3D Modeling Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Not a huge fan. While the chosen texture is a creative choice, the whole wrap is very messy and looks like a huge indistiguishable blob. The countless number of lines and shapes makes it really weird to look at and shows no distinguished style or concept that was followed. Using the same texture for the whole body, the sword handle and EVEN the blade makes it even more boring to the eye. The mesh itself is nice, although a bit generic. the runes and the chains additionally add to the messiness of the whole thing. If you look at him from game perspective, he looks like a Transformer/Autobot/Decepticon more than he does look like a paladin.

The one point I normally criticise on your models, is the one you did the best job at: the head. It looks unique, has a creative texture choice and also looks epic and not weird/derpy/unproportional, as a lot of your older models tended to do.

It's not a bad model, but seems overyhastily done. While the original texture choice is creative, the usage of such seems really lacking and crude.

11. Rubellu Sidus

Rubellu Sidus

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Good job anyways

12. JLeonard

JLeonard

Resources:
    Resources:
    is turalyon coming?? the sword gives it away. nice work

13. Stefan.K

Stefan.K

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Oh, you've figured it out. He is 'coming' with a custom texture. :)

14. aeman

aeman

Resources:
    Resources:
    by who?

15. Stefan.K

Stefan.K

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    You'll see when it's finished. :]

16. ZerneX

ZerneX

Resources:
    Resources:
    Great model i really like it!

17. Diegoit

Diegoit

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    High elf king*
    Very, very good model :D

18. sniper_zero

sniper_zero

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Lovely model!

19. NhazUl

NhazUl

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Great, really great use of the Illidan Blade texture, and otherwise cool model. My only remark would be that the glow around his eyes is too solid and looks like a futuristic visor (hey, nice use for WH40K maps).