• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Forsaken Death Scout and Dread Rider

Forsaken Death Scout and Dread Rider
263024-d6b8b549b9c845123af65a35e5a4b13f.png
- Added Ribbon Emitter
- Added A version
Base Model Credits
Unit Type
Cavalry Unit
Author's Notes
Visit Johnwar's Models Discussion for updates and links for my models. :smile:
Previews
Contents

Forsaken Death Scout (Model)

Forsaken Death Scout A (Model)

Forsaken Dread Rider (Model)

Forsaken Dread Rider A (Model)

Reviews
ILH
ILH
A nice set of Forsaken knights. Works in-game. Approved!

Nyctaeus

Hosted Project: W3E
Level 18
You clearly push for whole Forsaken set and so far I find it successful attempt. Your forsaken units are internally consistent, but also each one of them comes with some sort of unique feature to stand out and be recognizable among the others. These assets are great, just like the others. The only thing that's not clicking for me here is the horse. It has a body of a living horse and head of undead one and while I can understand that this is a bone helmet, it doesn't really sell the idea. The body could use some more Forsaken texture.

Level 60
i think the way to do it is to make a copy of your model file, mirror it, make sure to swap the "left" and "right" in bone names and then add that animation to original model
Tried doing that it doesn't look good because it glitches.
You clearly push for whole Forsaken set and so far I find it successful attempt. Your forsaken units are internally consistent, but also each one of them comes with some sort of unique feature to stand out and be recognizable among the others. These assets are great, just like the others. The only thing that's not clicking for me here is the horse. It has a body of a living horse and head of undead one and while I can understand that this is a bone helmet, it doesn't really sell the idea. The body could use some more Forsaken texture.
I did not use the Undead horse body because I wanted the TC for the horse.
I got the idea of the Undead head from this, skeletonknight.
33741-5b69f0d41288864a9acd1de2b8d2dcc2.jpg
But I guess I could just add a variation with the Death Knight horse texture.

Level 21
On a side note, I'm very curious as to how you'd make naga models such as the myrmidon and royal guard, since they look more skinny and a bit more serpent-like in reforged graphics.
Also, I think we really need all the major characters as models from you, not only some.
So far I really like your Grom model, finally a custom model of Grom that doesn't look like he's been bulking for 20 years since the events of wc2