1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

The Archdefenders Version 1.12

Submitted by Null
This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
The Archdefenders BetaV 1.0

Fight against the undead army alongside 6 other players. Defend your base and help your allys when they are in need.
Survive the 2 bosses: Kaku and Nihily
Attack the enemy base with your friends to win.
There are currently 4 custom teams:
-The Holy Hammers with tech based turrets, splash damage and stun and high healing powers[​IMG]
-The Horrors with mele turrets, many summoning units abilitys, low healing power and a strange ambience.[​IMG]
-The Mental Enlightened with ability based turrets, many damage dealing spells and the healing powers with the most range.[​IMG]
-The Spirit Wolves with wolves instead of turrets, growing and adapting powers and supportive spells.[​IMG]
The Brown Hoof with a hero-based teamȘ ranged units with more range more supportive spell caster and a sacrifice ability.[​IMG]
-(The Elementals will join soon *wink* )
Special thanks to: Ujimaja hojo for the majority of icons and models he offered, Mr Haudrauf for the black empire models, Sin'Dorei 300 for the faceless acolyte, Pee Kay for the majority of the icons, Jolly D for his icons, Sellenisco for his armored wolves models, Lord of Beasts, JetFangInferno, jatter2, t-rav2010, paulH, Pyritie,Tenebrae, apaka, Thrikodius,s4nji, wariofan1, Ket, hellobg, takakenji, Kitabatake, Pretor, Grendel, AndrewOverload519, UgoUgo, Razer!X, dhguardianes, Callahan, MatiS, Pyroproctos, ~Nightmare, Blizzard Entertainment, Mc !, Mr.Goblin, lelyanra, Hemske, PeeKay, Darkfang, kola, CRAZYRUSSIAN, JollyD, D.ee, zbc.
- 5-9-2019: The date of release
- 7-9-2019: Solved some bugs and added the item shops in the game, screenshots and special thanks.
- 14-9-2019: Solved some bugs (including the item bugs) and added more enemy buildings
- 20-10-2019: Made that the enemy citadel has life based on the number of players,fixed some bugs, added tooltip for the food production, and... added a new team: The Brown Hoof
- 21-10-2019: added the right version
- 12-11-2019: Solved some bugs, made the upgrades cost more lumber, completed the teams, added more doodads, changed a bit the bosses, made structures spawn in the places of dead players, added the less players- easier game mechanic

Join my discord to help my map grow: Join the Null's Hideout Discord Server!
Contents

The Archdefenders V. 1.13 (Map)

Reviews
Blasterixx
My small review ~ [SPOILER] ~
deepstrasz
[spoiler] Recycled Warcraft III material. Factions feel incomplete, unpolished, ripoffs of original game races. The enemy doesn't help on that part either. There's no real AI but triggers spawning units and sending them. Needs much more work. Please...
  1. eubz

eubz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Please, review the rules before posting. Read the rules about beta phases of maps.

2. Pinols

Pinols

Resources:
    Resources:
    I tested the map only in Singleplayer, but to me it's pretty evident you need some balancing, as well as some fixing, i tried the horrors race and the skill which spawns a naga royal guard equivalent when an infected unit dies within two seconds was first of all way too strong, i had an army of only those units, second of all you need to fix the fact that you can cast that on ally units, or even on themselves. You can have them infect themselves while in the midddle of the map and have basically endless units.
    Anyway, it is a solid foundation and a fun map if finished properly.

3. Null

Null

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    That was a sugestion from a discord member. I really thought it would be fun. It was op when it last 5 seconds. I thought that at 2 seconds it would be better. I guess I ll take it out of the map.
    Also this is the kind of map that you would play with a friend, because i made the helping thing with the roads and some spells.
    Playing it with more people has a much different impact.
    Pls consider rating.

4. eubz

eubz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I think you might want to make this playable and balanced for single player.

5. Null

Null

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    I LL do that in the future

6. Blasterixx

Blasterixx

Resources:
    Resources:
    My small review
    ~
    ~~Negatives/Bugs~~

- The terain looks too empty and boring.

- Since the players get income over time, the workers beside building 2 or 3 buildings they become useless, i suggest implementing some gold mines on the map and make the players go out of their zones and secure them in order to boost their overall income, those gold mines should be defended by powerful creeps/undead.

- Since there are heroes in this map i suggest implementing some shops around the map as well, to be able to buy items.

- Alpha aura lvl 3 stopped working after some time, no idea why.(from the maxed lvl wolf hero)

- Same with adaptability spell.(from the maxed level wolf baby)

- It seems like the version name on this site is called 1.1 while in the game is called 1.0

- Not sure i am a big fan of not beeing able to revive heroes,i guess its not a big deal but the map loses lots of fun potential when u cannot play with heroes as well, maybe make reviving the heroes cost lots of gold like 500 ~ 1000 gold and increase the gold with the leveling of the hero.

- I played this map 2 times so far:

First time i played solo the game was hard and i got overwhelmed by the undead forces pretty fast (it seems like playing solo ain't the way to go which is fine for a team game map but it shouldn't be impossible).

Second time i played with 3 more players, and this time even tho all of us were new to the map, we managed to destroy the undead base and win pretty easily(almost too easy), so i got a few suggestions for the difficulty:

1.First make it that the more players are in the game the harder the difficulty of the enemy should be, for exemple: playing solo the undead mobs have 0 armor and 0 dmg upgrades and waay less hp, playing with 2 players mobs have 1 armor and 1 dmg upgrades and a bit more hp and so on...

2.Second, i noticed there was some kind of Lich teleporting around the map at first near the spawns, and i killed him fast after i focused him, no idea what was up with him, but i think you should change the way he works entirely, something like this:

-Make him work like an undead hero and go with the undead waves and attack the players instead of teleporting at random in front of the player's bases.

-He should be able to level up from kills and some bonus constant xp the time goes on, this way he will become more powerful the time goes on forcing the players to work as a team and kill him.

-The Lich should get more spells the more he levels up as well like frost nova, etc.

-When he gets low hp he should try to run back to the main undead base and heal there and then keep going with a random wave of undead to attack a random player once more. (If the lich dies he will revive and lose 1 level or lose 200 hp permanently, and the revive time is always 80 seconds).

~~Positives~~

- I really like the concept of the map, my favorite race must be the wolves, i love the way you can evolve them based on kills and the chance to get random passive spells as well.

- I see every race has its role, the Wolves are like the main damage dealer race while the mentalists are more of a support race, didn't test the other 2 races.

~~Final thoughts~~

- Overall the map has lots of potential and with more testing/reworks and time it will become something special, i wish you all the best with your project!
    ~

7. Null

Null

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Your Feedback means a lot for me. Thanks!

8. Pinols

Pinols

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'd only nerf the type of unit it spawns and the fact they can cast it on themselves, other then that it's fine.
    I'll do more testing if i get the chance, love the concept anyway.

9. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Lots of uncredited authors: Resources in Use by The Archdefenders V. 1.11 | HIVE If you used material from other sites, games, credit those too.

Awaiting Update.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
    Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
    Details
    BB CODES
    BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
    Description Guide - Melee Maps
    Describing Your Melee Map
    Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
    The importance of a Description
    Description Guide - Maps
    Map Thread Guide
    Map Description Making: Good & Bad
    Map Description - Templates
    Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
    • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
    • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
    • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
    Paillan
    twojstaryjakcie
    Daffa the Mage
    eubz
    https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

10. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    1. Heroes should have glow. You can easily add it: How to add Hero Glow without Modeling
    2. Terrain is too bare. You should make it look nicer. See the guides above. It's flat, one tiled and has little doodad variation.
    3. The enemy is named Player 14.
    4. Holy Rejuvenation is also found on normal units. A bit more uniqueness? And yet another unit with that spell. Every unit should have its role.
    5. Not sure if intended but you can choose the next ability level for the same spell once you level up afterward. In the original game there's a one level pause.
    6. Stun is a passive ability with an active ability icon. You can make it look passive: Button Manager v1.8.2 Same Holy Hammers, Light Stomp, Holy Fire.
    7. Intended for some spells not to have more than 1 level or 2?
    8. No information on how you get resources/income.
    9. Buildings have chaotic icon positions in the build menu.
    10. Even the items in the shop have some abilities already present on units and the hero. Devotion+Devotion? Does it stack?
    11. The paladin hero doesn't even have an inventory.
    12. The Barracks has the WcIII description.
    13. Maybe another enemy than the same undead like how players can select one of more factions which are not necessarily human or "good".
    14. Horrific Ascension's description is vague.
      Tooltip Tutorial
      Creating Good Descriptions
    15. Void Calling has the Summon Water Elemental description.
    16. Abilities in the learn menu should have active icons.
    17. Research Acidic Gland should have an active icon.
    18. Chaotic Moves should have a passive icon.
    19. Total Recreation looks as if it's a DISBTN/disabled icon.
    20. I'm pretty sure all heroes have no inventory seeing this one doesn't have one as well.
    21. Wyrm drop should look passive. Healing Wyrm should have the autocast borders. You can use that program linked above for easy editing.
    22. For of Madness should look active and its deactivate icon is different.
    23. The monstrosity hero's ultimate replaces the unit completely having to start levelling up from the first level. Same for the second transformation. You also lose the CTRL+number group and get the hero deselected.
    24. Also, no other items?
    25. Players always start in the same spot. Some are closer to each other, not sure if that is proper balance.
    26. The enemy is pretty boring, attacks being very similar as their repetitive defense.
    27. Splitting Arrow should look passive.
    28. Mind Link looks like a green square. Learn more about icons:
      Complete Icon Tutorial - All About Icons
      How to Make an Icon
    29. Treasure Archive's icon is as if it were disabled.
    30. The rest is probably the same.

Recycled Warcraft III material. Factions feel incomplete, unpolished, ripoffs of original game races. The enemy doesn't help on that part either. There's no real AI but triggers spawning units and sending them.

Needs much more work. Please learn from the altered melee and defense/survival maps on the site.
    Some examples of altered melee:
    How to: Create a Full-working Custom Race
    Custom Race Creation: Advanced Mechanics
    UB - Ultimate Battle v2.20b AI+
    Deforestation of Felwood v2.1.1
    Nightborne v1.04
    Planetary Domination v2.04
    Sands of Time [v1.9]
    The Grand Citadel (Racial Issue 1.6)

Awaiting Update.

(previous comments: The Archdefenders Version 1.12)