• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The road to honolix 1.14

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This my first ever finished project that actually was viable for sharing, don't be fooled though, by this time I was able to sift the triggers for everything I needed from extended ability with the editor. It all just sort of came to me, like walking...sorta... I did use someone else's map terrain as a template and gave him the credit for it in the loading screen and quests, although I edited it quite a bit cause most of the blockers were trees which a footman could fit right through. I made basically everything else, 95% of the map. I hope you like it. It's part of a sequence of maps starring the storm captain himself. Who has been chosen at birth to have power second only to a god with the aura of greatness. As with any map-and I can't stress this enough-is to have fun. Also look hard for the units that will help you win the game.

Version 0.01-
Unfinished and just started, never released to the public and just named that for organization purposes

Version 0.78-
First version released on epicwar and was pretty darn glitchy worked on for 3 months right after which work was begun on the sequel 'path to hell' In which I'm almost done with. The version had been many tedious times, although glitches were still rampant.

Version 0.90-The version was originally fixed greatly and many things were fixed, however the version I isolated to trash was the one i to keep, the other being a copy in case I ever accidentally lost the first version. Unfortunately, I put the bad version on epicwar.

Version 1.00 & 1.00 fixed versions-I accidentally made certain areas unpassable when I tried to make footmen unable to make it through the trees so that people could get somewhere without triggering cinematics and other important events. After I put bad 'fixed' on epicwar several times, I decided it would be better if I tested the maps I put online.

Version 1.05-Version in which many of the bosses are harder including the final boss, much of the trigger glitches and unit glitches are fixed, and several areas have been cliffed to prevent footman glitches. The entire map has been tested and there are no parts in which the area is unpassable. This version is by far the most cleaned up, and there are less glitches. This is the first version on hive workshop.

Version 1.1- Fixed all the spelling errors that were possible. The game-play was unaffected and the orcs continue to have bad grammar simply because they are idiots. If there are any spelling mistakes that have been neglected please inform me.

Version 1.14
I have greatly added to terrain, the terrain as a whole will be finished in 1.15 when my team helps me fix the terrain. I am hoping that this is going to make the game more enjoyable, but the terrain is not entirely finished. I will try to get all the terrain finished by a reasonable date and hopefully it will help a lot.

I recommend that you pay attention to the story in this map as the boss fights don't get hard till around General Skar Scattershard and then continuously moreso after that. The map is relatively fun but I'm not gonna lie to you that not all reactions have been positive. However, most everyone who played the map liked it very much. I hope you enjoy this introduction to the series! Now you know how I got my name.

ENJOY!!

Keywords:
the, road, to, honolix, lightning, brigade, storm, captain, fun
Contents

The road to honolix 1.14 (Map)

Reviews
15:31, 11th Jun 2010 ap0calypse: Reset to Rejected The terrain isn't all too good, most units are standard, the hero's name is too long, the spells were quite standard.

M

15:31, 11th Jun 2010
ap0calypse: Reset to Rejected

The terrain isn't all too good, most units are standard, the hero's name is too long, the spells were quite standard.

Last edited:
Level 3
Great game really fun and a great lauth xD i loved the exploding peasents 'Bleh' 5/5 for the comical value and enjoyment of the game.

Level 19
This really needs some work. Custom units, English, upper case letters etc.
The terrain is bland, and uninteresting, but the gameplay is not too bad.
Since this is a pretty cinematic driven map, you should explain some things. I mean, why do some random orcs that were behind a group of trees join you?
Also, give the captain more active abilities.

While this map could be good, it still needs a lot of work, mainly in the fields of polish and custom content.
2/5

Well you see wereguy a lot of the game is part of a much larger world. First of all if you want the backstory I can give you a lot on that part it's just not explained at that point in the game. The orc behind the trees were mercenaries that were captured by dyan the knight. The terrain is not exactly my own but I think I'll work on touching it up once I'm done with path to hell(the sequel) which will be over 3x better than the first game(and it's tft which allows me to do a lot more). Path to Hell promises to be really good and I'm 80% done with it. Anyways, I'll work on fixing everything on road to honolix eventually thanks for the feedback.

EDIT:updated to version 1.1 read changelog for details

Last edited:
Level 18
The terrain is horrible... Generally flat, empty of doodad, etc. The skills of the hero are... nothing good, bad connection of skills. The hero is lacking of nice skills. Add maybe some items, because current number of them is very small... The general idea may be good, but the map isn`t.I guess you haven`t spent much time for works at this map. Sorry, but so far I can`t give a good vote. 1/5 and I hope you will improve it.

I'll work on terrain after I'm done with path to hell(I'm aiming to get that done today) and it should look better after that. I know it's not professional's standards but it's my first map AND it's a roc map. But I will work on the terrain I'm just a little tied up at the moment. Don't focus too much on terrain. Try to include the other aspects of the game in your ratings.

Hold off on rating it till I make version 1.15 with the improved terrain. I'm trying to work on the sequel at the moment and I'll probably be done with it by Wednesday. I might improve the terrain a little right now, but it could take an hour or so to get the terrain just right.

EDIT:I may voice it but I'm not quite sure if that's a possibility with only 8 megs

Level 1
I tried this just a while ago, and I must say that it was really entertaining, I Really hope that you do a sequel :thumbs_up: