1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Aftermath has been revealed for the 19th Terraining Contest! Be sure to check out the Results and see what came out of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Melee Mapping Contest #3 - Results are out! Congratulate the winners and check plenty of new 4v4 melee maps designed for this competition!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The winners of our cinematic soundtrack competition have been decided! Step by the Music Contest #11 - Results to check the entries and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice

Planetary Domination v2.04

Submitted by Marshmalo
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
PLANETARY DOMINATION
Created by Marshmalo

[​IMG]

DESCRIPTION:

LORE: "In the deepness of space humanity has discovered a new planet rich in mineral and scientific potential. In response various corporations have descended upon the area in the hopes of exploiting and securing the planets riches for themselves. Far from the morals and laws of earth and driven only by their greed for expansion there is little hope for a peaceful resolution as the situation quickly escalates into all out surface warfare.

Early planetary scans indicate a cold and icy climate with a narrow temperate corridor across the equator, it appears most life is restricted to this zone. The only confirmed sentient life form are a primitive tribal race not thought to pose any threat to human expansion however strange gravitational storms ravage the planet and cause period disturbance in satellite communications.

The human corporations, in their desperate attempt to claim dominance over the planet first, may have missed the greater threat to their mission... A previously dormant alien species that senses the presence of new DNA and seeks to assimilate it into their own..."

FEATURES:

Planetary Domination is a real time strategy game set in a sci fi world that draws inspiration from many sources, including Star Trek, Eve Online, Stars Wars and Starship Troopers. Players command one of many exploratory human corporations or the zerg like native alien species in a battle for supremacy over the planets resources.

Despite appearance the game is nothing like starcraft 2 and features a completely custom techtree ranges from Drone armies to Clone Troops. Successful players will be those who can find and exploit the precious minerals on the plaents surface as well as develop their technological advancement to give them the edge over their enemies.

Of key importance to the human corporations is their Orbital Satellite, which orbits the planets and offers many benefits to help in your mission from surface scans to targeted orbital weapon strikes. Communication with your satellite is also essential for research to progress but the strange gravitational forces effecting the planet will periodically cause communication black outs with your satellite.

Heroes also feature in PA but are not training, instead you can choose to promote one of your existing clone troops to commander to lead your operation. Commanders gain XP like normal WC3 heroes but also benefit greatly from your technological achievements, some skills also require research before use. This means if you loose a high level hero late game and have to recruit a new hero stating at level 1 he/she is still able to make a difference in battle despite being such a low level.

Players have the chance to ally in game where necessary, however inter-racial alliances will not be allowed so Human corporations can not ally alien species.

Overall I hope Planetary Domination will be a unique RTS experience set in a visually impressive alien vista.

KEY FEATURES

-Custom techtrees for both Human and Alien races.

-Each race revolves around unique game styles. EG: Orbital Satellite for Human corps.

-High Quality and 100% original playable terrain.

-Under 8 MB, playable on Bnet.

-Custom sound effects and music.

-Impressive large scale sci fi battles.

SCREENSHOTS

Drone Mining Outpost:
[​IMG]

Tropical Equator Terrain:
[​IMG]

Rocky Cliff Terrain:
[​IMG]

In-game Screen:
[​IMG]

Techtree showcase:
[​IMG]

Aliens:
[​IMG]

Hostile, neutral lifeform
[​IMG]

FURTHER INFO:

-Planetary Domination has a focus on exploration and resource gathering. Rescources are spread throughout the map and you will need to discover and secure them in order to exploit them. Human players have the option of finding ancient alien technology left behind on the planet.

-The game is intended to start off quite slow, but the pace of the game increases late game as players get improved technology will allows for faster collection of rescources.

-Both factions have very unique techtree types, remember to read the descriptions otherwise you will get confused first time.

-Alien species are similiar to the Zerg in gameplay, they inhabit the planet like an infestation and are very difficult to completely eradicate. They are not as powerful as the humans due to the earthlings advanced technology but the aliens are very effective when swarmed.

-Each human corporation has an orbital satelite which provides very useful support for your ground troops. It can help in a number of ways ranging from scanning the planets surface for intel to launching devestating orbital Ion Strikes on your enemies.

-Humans can choose between using clone troops or AI Drones, both have their strengths and weaknesses. Clones require food upkeep and are vulnerable to organic weapons and disease whereas drones are suspectable to EMP attacks.

-The game is open alliances using the -ally command and then colour. But remember you can only ally players of the same species as yourself.

Credits:
Created: Marshmalo

Art work credits: Evure, eubz, Kimbo, Callahan, JB_McKnight, DCrimson, CreatorD3292, WILL THE ALMIGHTY, Suselishe, Fingolfin, Tarrasque, Pvt.Toma, Cavman, kellym0, epsilon, Sellenisko, Markus3832, Marshmalo, Blizzard, Thrikodius,

Keywords:
Planet, Star craft, domination, Star Wars, Star Trek, Halo, sci fi, space, drones, clone, strategy, alien, zerg,
Previews
Contents

Planetary Domination 2.04 (Map)

Reviews
16:19, 7th May 2015 Orcnet: "] This Altered melee is sick, sick to the bottom of intense altered melee reconstruction and based on science fiction genre, the game takes place on two factions: Humans with extreme fire power, nukes, and easy...
  1. 16:19, 7th May 2015
    Orcnet:

[img]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/194715-albums6441-picture75028.png[/img]

This Altered melee is sick, sick to the bottom of intense altered melee reconstruction and based on science fiction genre, the game takes place on two factions: Humans with extreme fire power, nukes, and easy friendly to understand with tech-tree build, the other the alien species that relies on micro management, quick setup of forces and structures, as well as giving a lot of sight on area due to burrow and its units.

The terrain is remarkable, like playing another game but was given a game engine here, it still amazes me how wonderful this world was given, I am impressed on how the work and structural detail this end up.

Overall, this map is set for an approval and recommended for everyone.

2. Valandil

Valandil

Resources:
    Resources:
    This game looks like it was done by team of developers.
    The most beautiful terrain I have ever seen in Warcraft 3 !

3. apcrabnightlive

apcrabnightlive

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yeah the terrain is incredibly beautiful and the entire game is awesome.

4. Heinvers

Heinvers

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    *Hits the download button after reading the plot and seeing the screencaps hoping for the best*

It's finally here [​IMG]

5. Marshmalo

Marshmalo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Aw thx glad people like the terrain, I spent alot of time on it! :)

6. Danor

Danor

Resources:
    Resources:
    Played map 1vs1 it was a great experience.

Terrain: As you can see on pictures it was epic 5/5.
    Gameplay: Felt like I played a starcraft-clone, great job, the models, units, abilites everything was well thought! 5/5

Only thing I can think of is to give a command to make tips not appear, i notice they show quite frequently, good when you start playing but an option to turn it of would be convenient i believe.

This map have a very high-standard, I don't see what more you could ask from a custom wc3 map! 5/5 :thumbs_up:

7. cleavinghammer

cleavinghammer

Resources:
    Resources:
    * The alien's mineral-carrying upgrade refers to Logistics drones.
    * The first wendigo I ran into did nothing but run away for some reason, letting me kill it with a level 1 hero and a zergling.
    * Gargantuan's area attack is a bit wonky, sometimes it hits units not even close to the main target and other times doesn't hit a unit right next to it.
    * ... "Two-horn Two-horn"? Really?
    * Various minor spelling mistakes (Acod orb, satalite relay, zerglings sometimes called swarmlings...)
    * Web can't be autocast for some reason.
    * Drone Core requires "On Cooldown" to turn back.

I would suggest putting info for new players in the quests, especially for the aliens (I was going to report that you couldn't get two heroes until I saw the upgrade required for a second one).

Did anyone mention the terrain is nice? Because it is.

8. Forsaken

Forsaken

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Good job! I liked the map, I rarely like maps like this, I mean, Futurist. And I just loved the terrain! xD

9. Orcnet

Orcnet

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Map approved.

10. Kibougamine

Kibougamine

Resources:
    Resources:
    Finally, a map like none other!
    This is interesting, i will try it out.
    (Ehh, it's past my bedtime. Kind off.)

11. FullBasher

FullBasher

Resources:
    Resources:
    wow great map especially terrain looks cool 5/5!!

12. Hayate

Hayate

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    And Why is this not DC?

13. apcrabnightlive

apcrabnightlive

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yeah this should be in DC.

14. Bloody Wolf

Bloody Wolf

Resources:
    Resources:
    Words cannot describe how amazed i am righ now
    the terrain makes me cry
    EYE CANDY

15. apcrabnightlive

apcrabnightlive

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It is really well made.

16. Captivate

Captivate

Resources:
    Resources:
    Dude insane terrain and models! Im in awe right now lol.

17. Marshmalo

Marshmalo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hey, thanks everyone for the compliments and feedback about the map!

There probabaly wont be very many versions of this as the 8mb map limited has already been reached. Any new versions will just be bug and balance fixes.

Its on MMH if people want to play it.

18. Bloody Wolf

Bloody Wolf

Resources:
    Resources:
    I noticed that alot of humans tend to get wrecked by the alien hologram thingies , i think you should improve the items description of the tool they use to activate those, something like "ONLY USE THIS IF YOU HAVE AN ARMY"

Last edited: May 16, 2015
  19. epicfree

epicfree

Resources:
    Resources:
    Can you add the A.L version for this map? like make it a real RTS Risk sort of game?