• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Feedback] Compiled List of Bugs & Issues for 1.30.1+

Level 1
Did the latest patch break item stacking? I know in the patch notes they said they "fixed" an issue where item stacking was breaking some games, and an issue where it wasn't triggering some triggers. But it seems like they just disabled item stacking all together...?

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Not sure if this is also a thing in 1.32/Reforged but you can't save opened maps with the editor if they are under a main folder and one subfolder unless you save them as a different file. Actually you can't save maps in subfolders at all.

Changing a hero's attributes in editor for preplaced units bugs. When closing and re-opening a map again, all attributes are reset to default for all heroes.

I recognized it on patch 1.32.3, and still on 1.32.4/5.

Here's some analyse:
  • The changed atttributes information is not written into the war3mapUnits.doo file, where preplaced units informartion is stored.
    (this seems wrong)
  • The changed attributes information is written into the war3map.j file (only), so at least the attributes will be set correctly programmtically.
But this means that if attributes are changed, and the map is saved, only the .j file holds the attribute information. If map is closed, it can be played correctly. But when it's opened anew in editor, the preplaced units load with default attributes, because units load by units.doo file, and not by .j file. A new save would now overwrite .j file, and old attributes are lost / default again.

Edit:

I experienced it, when I was about to update a units.doo parser, based on HiveWe approach: stijnherfst/HiveWE
And then I found this logics in code, which made no sense to me, not to parse attributes:
Code:
if (subversion >= 11) {
i.strength = reader.read<uint32_t>();
i.agility = reader.read<uint32_t>();
i.intelligence = reader.read<uint32_t>();

My map has subvesion "9", so it by it would mean I could never change attributes permanently, so it's strange.

Last edited:
Level 18
I experienced it, when I was about to update a units.doo parser, based on HiveWe approach: stijnherfst/HiveWE
And then I found this logics in code, which made no sense to me, not to parse attributes:
My map has subvesion "9", so it by it would mean I could never change attributes permanently, so it's strange.
The condition is because these fields did not exist back in RoC. Tbh the .doo files are a mess to parse, because it has two version fields, and the version did not change when they added the 'Skin' field in Reforged.
That said, maybe you saved your map as a .w3m file instead of .w3x? That would explain why it doesn't save the hero attributes.

The subversion conidition leads to that I can parse all entities correctly of the units.doo. Without this condition, it's not parsed correctly.
But by defintion, with using this condition I can never parse hero attributes in my map. It's a .w3x map, saved on newest editor. I just made a new empty map, and placed some units there.

When a preplaced unit in editor is selected, there's a flag to tick, so then the attributes can be altered. I have this option, but when I do so, it's removed again next time when I open this map. That's because the editor prases the units.doo to retore the preplaced units, not the .j file.

I believe it's a blizzard mistake, I couldnt see that attributes were just misplaced or so, they're just not there.

Last edited:
Level 8
Has anyone encountered a problem with an inability to tilt units using the "Art - Pitch Angle (Degrees)" field in the world editor? Because I seem to be having troubles with that despite having the "Allow negative real variables in the object editor" box checked. Also, I can't rotate special effects through triggers either. (Sorry, I don't want to go through 21 pages to see if it's already been written :p)

AGD

AGD

Level 16
Removing the next running triggercondition like
JASS:
call TriggerClearConditions(GetTriggeringTrigger())
// or
call DestroyTrigger(GetTriggeringTrigger())
(on a middle-running triggercondition)
or
JASS:
call TriggerRemoveCondition(GetTriggeringTrigger(), <next_running_condition>)
all crashes in reforged.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Patch 1.32: Using UI natives at map init will fail on players that alt-tabbed during the loading screen.

How to confirm quickly: use UIUtils and create some simple box frames at map init. Test map. It should work. Test map again but Alt-tab during the loading screen. It doesnt get displayed.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
The new TriggerRegisterPlayerMouseEventBJ native works in an undesired fashion in the bj_MOUSEEVENTTYPE_MOVE branch of the event.
It fires on screen-space coordinate changes, but the callback only allows accessing map-space mouse coordinates.

This makes it very cumbersome to use, as when players need screen-space coordinates, they can't access them in the callback, but when players need map-space coordinates, camera movement with a static mouse will not fire the event properly.

This should be changed so both the callback and the event agree on either screen-space coordinates or map-space coordinates. Or simply provide two versions of this event.

Level 2
Also the placeholder with Channel Ability is somewhat broken now (placeholder, engineering upgrade trick). The ability that takes its place no longer shows its icon, text and animations. Instead it just shows the placeholder's icon, text and animation. The ability still works though..

I use this in my custom map and so do many others. I have also tested this on other custom maps ending with the same result. Breaks immersion of the map. Sucks!

There is a bug with the FrameChild native which was added in Warcraft 3 V1.32.6. When one gets a originframe over BlzFrameGetChild before it was got with BlzGetOriginFrame the frame returned by BlzGetOriginFrame is nil/handleId = 0.

2 Lua codes to demonstrate the bug. One has to run each for it's own in a map in Lua mode to see the difference & Bug:
In this example everything works as wanted, both the child getter and Origin getter return a valid frame which is also the same frame.
Lua:
TimerStart(CreateTimer(), 0, false, function()
    local frameA = BlzGetOriginFrame(ORIGIN_FRAME_GAME_UI, 0)
    local frameB = BlzGetOriginFrame(ORIGIN_FRAME_PORTRAIT, 0)
    local frameAA = BlzFrameGetChild(frameA, 3)
    local frameAAA = BlzFrameGetChild(frameAA, 0)

print(GetHandleId(frameAA),GetHandleId(frameAAA), GetHandleId(frameB))
    print(frameAAA == frameB)
    print("done")
end)
Non Bug.jpg
In this version the frame is first got over the child native then with Origin. In this version frameB is not the wanted frame (probably nil) and it's handleId is 0.
Lua:
TimerStart(CreateTimer(), 0, false, function()
    local frameA = BlzGetOriginFrame(ORIGIN_FRAME_GAME_UI, 0)
    local frameAA = BlzFrameGetChild(frameA, 3)
    local frameAAA = BlzFrameGetChild(frameAA, 0)
    local frameB = BlzGetOriginFrame(ORIGIN_FRAME_PORTRAIT, 0)

print(GetHandleId(frameAA),GetHandleId(frameAAA), GetHandleId(frameB))
    print(frameAAA == frameB)
    print("done")
end)
Bug Image.jpg

Level 10
The Bug/Issue is reported on several occassions in the blizzard forum, but i have not found it here:

Tech requirements have some issues, but ability are the most bugged of all.

If you have an ability with multiple tech requirements, only the first one is needed to research the tech. Switching the tech requirement of two objects does change which one is needed. Unit requirements work fine, although i heard that multiple levels of a research do indeed not work, too. But i have not added that to the test map.

On the test map (it is a bit sketchy) you can test this by creating a Unit 1 (which has 6 abilities with different requirement fields) and play around with removing / researching techs and units.

Edit: Game Version is 1.32.7.15572.

Attachments

• Ability test.w3x
    16.6 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
"When I bulk import I save the map to a folder, and then dump all the stuff I have compiled, some textures are in subfolders, and the models are saved with backslashes but when I make the folders in windows they are with forward slash, so the textures won't load, even though they're in the right place..."
~FeelsGoodMan

Does this still happen in 1.32+?

EDIT: (Bug is localized only for derivatives of the base map, such as this one)

I'm not quite sure when this bug came in, but this is potentially game-breaking.

Ground units can walk through cliffs. Buildings can be constructed through cliffs.
Cliffs no longer serve a real purpose aside from providing high ground vision.

WC3ScrnShot_090720_102307_001.png
WC3ScrnShot_090720_102306_001.png
WC3ScrnShot_090720_102304_001.png
WC3ScrnShot_090720_103355_001.png

Credits to Moonman for the Daughter of the Sea, used as Test Map, TC #15.

Attachments

• Daughter_of_the_Sea_v0.1.w3x
    111.8 MB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Are you sure it happens all the time on every map? Tried any Blizzard melee maps?

Just variants of the Duststorm map. Cliffs worked fine in 1.31. It bugged out in the current version.

EDIT:

Turns out this might be an issue with how the pathing map was generated for a customized version of the base map. False alarm.

Last edited:
Custom created UI-Frames are not recreated when the game is loaded. (Have that from Kuro)

Edit:
Under cirumstances this can also produce crashes.
I was able to create a simple Lua example that crashes the game because of this broken UI-frame Loading.
one places that into a map in Lua mode, saves the map, presses the test button. Then saves the game and finaly one loads the saved game. After the loading one gets a crash as soon the Timer in the example code runs
Lua:
do
    local real = MarkGameStarted
    local frame
    function MarkGameStarted()
        real()
        frame = BlzCreateFrameByType("BACKDROP", "",  BlzGetOriginFrame(ORIGIN_FRAME_GAME_UI, 0), "", 0)
        BlzFrameSetTexture(frame, "Textures\\Black32", 1, false)

BlzFrameSetAbsPoint(frame, FRAMEPOINT_CENTER, 0.4, 0.3)
        BlzFrameSetSize(frame, 0.2, 0.2)
        TimerStart(CreateTimer(), 1, true, function()
            BlzFrameSetVisible(frame, true)
        end)
    end
end

Also modifications done to default frames are not reapplied when a saved game is loaded.

The attached map will do the described bug it was created with V1.32.8.

Attachments

• FrameLoadTest.w3m
    12.5 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
  • Sound - Play 07_Starting_the_Journey__Breath_of <gen>, skipping the first 40.00 seconds and fading in over 0.00 seconds
This doesn't work for me. The music file always starts from point 0.

EDIT: but Play Music Theme from Offset works.

Last edited:
I found a bug in a map I'm working on. I have an invisible, invulnerable dummy structure that has no movement type, no collision size, no sight radius, ect and only exists for showing a square on the minimap in fog of war. The game runs fine with many of them on the map at a time, but as soon as the AI sees one the game crashes with a fatal error message.

Since I have only just got back into Warcraft 3 and editing maps again I apologize if an issue like this has already been brought up.

Here's a test map to showcase the bug. I have the units spread out across the map but away from the start locations, and then the game will run just fine. As soon as I put one of the units within vision of where the AI will spawn and go to test it, the game will freeze immediately and then crash. The test map has no changes other than the custom unit.

Attachments

• AICrashBug.w3m
    126.2 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
Level 25
Yes probably, I think it was also the case for the "Channel" ability. Anyway, it should be fixed.

edit:
Another small bug which probably existed before Reforged:
When I select a building of an allied player with shared control (probably also without shared control), I can see the player's resources. However, the values are not updated. I have to reselect the building. It would be nicer to update the values automatically if I want to see how much gold etc. he has.

Last edited:
Level 5
When having a map that uses .SLK files instead of .W3U, the model don't show up, when the model filepath contains more than one Dot.

Not working: war3mapImported\This.NewModel.mdx
Working: war3mapImported\ThisNewModel.mdx (Also you have to rename the file in the mpq and edit the UnitUI.slk filepath to remove the dot)

It definietly worked back in 1.27.

Level 17
I found a bug about the Healing Spray spell. I don't know if it's due to reforged or not. I have the version classic of reforged.

It seems that the spell does not heal anything (the spells works but no heal is applied) if we change the caster's buff.

I made a map to test.

Good day to everyone

Attachments

• Healing Spray BUG.w3m
    18 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Level 18
This SD model:
Code:
Dalaran Violet Citadel <Base>
Doodads\Dalaran\Structures\DalaranVioletCitadel\DalaranVioletCitadel
is not present.

I was wondering about this as well, so I searched for the new path using Retera's Model Studio. The new path is doodads\dalaran\terrain\dalaranvioletcitadel\dalaranvioletcitadel.mdl.

Level 25
Having a dot in the filename of a model prevents it from working as destructible but it works as doodad. For example: "war3mapImported\HBW08.1.mdx" works for a Doodad but not for a destructible. "war3mapImported\HBW08_1.mdx" works for both. The editor even shows for the destructible that it tries to load "war3mapImported\HBW08", so it cuts at the first dot.

Last edited:
Icon Path Reference functionality seems to be removed. Now it defaults to referencing the icon which is not the same as an icon path.

Defaulted to: [Item - Set Icon Path of (Last created item) to ((Icon of (Last created item)) + ([ + (24 + ])))]

This does not function anymore because it is setting an icon path (string) to an icon (not-string).

Invalidates methods that store and call information in Items iconpaths, such as my inventory system.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Heroes don't have their extended tooltips shown in unit groups or when hovering the mouse over their icon like normal units as mentioned here:
It would be nice for them to have that to be in line with the other units.