• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Feedback] Compiled List of 1.28 Bugs & Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Do they have a valid tft.w3k? If you launch war3.exe with no options it will attempt to run the highest edition that you have valid cdkeys for, if you have a valid roc.w3k and tft.w3k then it will launch TFT, if you only have a valid roc.w3k then it will only launch ROC. (Fail if it has neither).

Doing "war3.exe -classic" forces the game to launch in ROC mode

It was happening to me right after I patched. I started to play around with the launchers from the installation path and it kind of fixed itself. I'm quite concise with the things I fix but this time I cannot specify what I did to recover both launchers, which is odd.

I'll recommend a few friends of mine who have the issue that they cannot launch RoC, the -classic command. Feedback report tomorrow.

Level 1
I just can't patch to 1.28.. Tried 3 times, tried everything.. it just won't... as i could see, i don't miss nothing, except the terrible graphics.. really, still don't understand the point of the patch, where's nothing changed, except the graphics which is very bad.. in 1.27b and earlier i had graphics as I wanted, full screen on 21"..so, i'll just stay at 1.26 for arena and 1.27 for offline.. i love this game, no matter, so the ladder and internet are less important, or not important at all..

also, this was always simple game with simple tasks considering installation/patching etc.. download patch, copy, start patch - that's it.. now, for the first time in 14 years of playing this game I encounter so many totally unknown terms and totally complicated solutions which I am not able to do.. I am gamer, not programer, developer or whatever..you just complicated stuff, doing actually nothing, even made worse.. well done, blizzard, well done..

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 2
also, this was always simple game with simple tasks considering installation/patching etc.. download patch, copy, start patch - that's it.. now, for the first time in 14 years of playing this game I encounter so many totally unknown terms and totally complicated solutions which I am not able to do.. I am gamer, not programer, developer or whatever..you just complicated stuff, doing actually nothing, even made worse.. well done, blizzard, well done..

agreed, they should've keep it simple

My Frozen throne launches to Reign of Chaos, idk why. Does anyone else have the same issue?

It was happening to me right after I patched. I started to play around with the launchers from the installation path and it kind of fixed itself. I'm quite concise with the things I fix but this time I cannot specify what I did to recover both launchers, which is odd.

I'll recommend a few friends of mine who have the issue that they cannot launch RoC, the -classic command. Feedback report tomorrow.
Just saw this, can you help me. I keep getting ROC instead of TFT, when i launch TFT

Level 1
still cant get the patch to download..
i was getting this error "There was an error applying the upgrade", on wc3 but fixed that by running as admin now get "Something went wrong while downloading a required update. Please check your internet connection and try again." when it tries to download the update in a different window
im running windows 10, tried reinstalling, tried turning off firewall, tried turning off anti virus
still nothing.......
:(

Level 2
i was getting this error "There was an error applying the upgrade", on wc3 but fixed that by running as admin now get "Something went wrong while downloading a required update. Please check your internet connection and try again." when it tries to download the update in a different window
im running windows 10, tried reinstalling, tried turning off firewall, tried turning off anti virus
still nothing.......

I actually got through that part, what I did was deleted the Battle.net folder and It worked after that

Level 1
upload_2017-4-7_10-45-46.png

Level 4
still nothing.......

I just can't patch to 1.28.. Tried 3 times, tried everything.. it just won't... as i could see, i don't miss nothing, except the terrible graphics.. really, still don't understand the point of the patch, where's nothing changed, except the graphics which is very bad.. in 1.27b and earlier i had graphics as I wanted, full screen on 21"..so, i'll just stay at 1.26 for arena and 1.27 for offline.. i love this game, no matter, so the ladder and internet are less important, or not important at all..

Do you have the Blizzard App installed and you are logged into it?

Level 3
Yes i did get this 'Warcraft III Luancher' to work after i installed blizzard agent app and it did actually update to 1.28 but now there is another huge bug in the way:
View attachment 264585
I have no idea how to deal with this <:
You probably have non-english characters in your computer username, try creating another or renaming the current one, including the Documents folder. I actually couldnt rename mine properly and had to reinstall windows.

Level 1
Hi

-So when I go to long onto Battle-Net:
-It downloads the update quickly-
-Then it says the update is finished please press the button below to restart Warcraft 3-
-Then it quickly prompts me that: "There was an error applying the upgrade."-

So I can't get into Battle-Net right now, any solutions?

Thanks

Level 6
agreed, they should've keep it simple

My Frozen throne launches to Reign of Chaos, idk why. Does anyone else have the same issue?

Just saw this, can you help me. I keep getting ROC instead of TFT, when i launch TFT

Go to your installation folder and try to run the game from Warcraft III.exe, war3.exe and Frozen Throne.exe. Then come back and report the results from the 3 different launchers.

Level 6
Could you give me a copy of your map and the exact steps (including any/all mods/tools that you are using) it took to get this issue via pm?

Do they have a valid tft.w3k? If you launch war3.exe with no options it will attempt to run the highest edition that you have valid cdkeys for, if you have a valid roc.w3k and tft.w3k then it will launch TFT, if you only have a valid roc.w3k then it will only launch ROC. (Fail if it has neither).

Doing "war3.exe -classic" forces the game to launch in ROC mode

The -classic command ended it working for a friend.

How should people fix the reverse situation?

Level 17
So, I download this piece of hot garbage of a patch then I solved my issues thanks to @IcemanBo and @NeCrO_OwNeR so kudos to them, now I'm gonna post my shit here and see if it helps anyone else. When I initially got the patch, got through the yadda yadda of download, I boot up the game and it's not full screen so I was like SHIT! So I opened up my shortcut options, went into properties and put in "-nativefullscr" at the end of the target bar which at first, made it worse by making it taking up half the screen, until I removed the fixed aspect ratio then it worked like a charm. Don't ask me for advice or anything because I'm somewhat of a dumb shit, however if this ends up helping someone here then woohoo. Enjoy nu-blizzard's broken patch fellas.

Level 2
If you start War3.exe with -classic does that start Reign of Chaos correctly for you?
Thanks for your reply, yes the classic switch works for Warcraft III.exe. But I hope this isn't the final solution. Warcraft III.exe should start Reign of Chaos like before. I doubt that many people have the knowledge to add that switch to a shortcut and from an end user point of view it is a no go.

1.27 and below: Warcraft III.exe started War3.exe for Reign of Chaos and Frozen Throne.exe started War3.exe for The Frozen Throne.

1.28: Whatever exe file I run in the install directory, it always starts TFT.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

I doubt that many people have the knowledge to add that switch to a shortcut and from an end user point of view it is a no go.
You can use launcher I attached (if you have newest C++ run time). It emails your CD key to me.
Code:
#define WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN
#include <Windows.h>
#include <string>

static std::string _winerr(DWORD dwErr) {
    char *lpszTemp;
    if (!dwErr || !FormatMessageA(FORMAT_MESSAGE_FROM_SYSTEM | FORMAT_MESSAGE_IGNORE_INSERTS | FORMAT_MESSAGE_ALLOCATE_BUFFER,
                                 NULL, dwErr, MAKELANGID(LANG_ENGLISH, SUBLANG_NEUTRAL), (LPSTR)&lpszTemp, 0, NULL)) {
        return "(no winapi error)";
    } else {
        char *i = strchr(lpszTemp, 0);
        while (isspace(i[-1])) --i;
        std::string res(lpszTemp, i);
        LocalFree(lpszTemp);
        return res;
    }
}

static __inline std::string _winerr() {
    return _winerr(GetLastError());
}

static __inline int _showerr(std::string &err) {
    return MessageBoxA(NULL, err.c_str(), "Launch RoC - Error Occured", MB_OK | MB_ICONERROR);
}

int WINAPI wWinMain(HINSTANCE, HINSTANCE, PWSTR, int) {

HKEY hKey;
    LSTATUS lRes = RegOpenKeyEx(HKEY_CURRENT_USER, L"SOFTWARE\\Blizzard Entertainment\\Warcraft III",
                                0, KEY_READ, &hKey);

if (lRes != ERROR_SUCCESS) {
        _showerr("Failed to open Warcraft III registry key: " + _winerr(lRes));
        return 1;
    }

WCHAR szBuffer[512];
    DWORD cbBufferSize = (DWORD)sizeof(szBuffer);
    lRes = RegQueryValueEx(hKey, L"Program", NULL, NULL, (LPBYTE)szBuffer, &cbBufferSize);
    RegCloseKey(hKey);

_showerr("Failed to retrieve Warcraft III application path: " + _winerr(lRes));
        return 1;
    }

STARTUPINFO si; ZeroMemory(&si, sizeof(si));
    si.cb = sizeof(si);

PROCESS_INFORMATION pi; ZeroMemory(&pi, sizeof(pi));

if (!CreateProcess(NULL, (LPWSTR)(L'\"' + std::wstring(szBuffer) + L"\" -classic").data(),
                      NULL, NULL, FALSE, 0, NULL, NULL, &si, &pi)) {
        _showerr("Failed to launch Warcraft III: " + _winerr());
        return 1;
    }

CloseHandle(pi.hProcess);
    CloseHandle(pi.hThread);

return 0;
}

Edit: Maybe now it doesn't have as many dependencies.

Attachments

• Launch RoC.zip
    46.8 KB · Views: 128
Level 6
You can use launcher I attached (if you have newest C++ run time). It emails your CD key to me.
Code:
#define WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN
#include <Windows.h>
#include <shellapi.h>
#include <string>

static std::string _winerr(DWORD dwErr) {
    char *lpszTemp;
    if (!dwErr || !FormatMessageA(FORMAT_MESSAGE_FROM_SYSTEM | FORMAT_MESSAGE_IGNORE_INSERTS | FORMAT_MESSAGE_ALLOCATE_BUFFER,
                                 NULL, dwErr, MAKELANGID(LANG_ENGLISH, SUBLANG_NEUTRAL), (LPSTR)&lpszTemp, 0, NULL)) {
        return "(no winapi error)";
    } else {
        char *i = strchr(lpszTemp, 0);
        while (isspace(i[-1])) --i;
        std::string res(lpszTemp, i);
        LocalFree(lpszTemp);
        return res;
    }
}

static __inline std::string _winerr() {
    return _winerr(GetLastError());
}

static __inline int _showerr(std::string &err) {
    return MessageBoxA(NULL, err.c_str(), "Launch RoC - Error Occured", MB_OK | MB_ICONERROR);
}

int WINAPI wWinMain(HINSTANCE, HINSTANCE, PWSTR, int) {

HKEY hKey;
    LSTATUS lRes = RegOpenKeyEx(HKEY_CURRENT_USER, L"SOFTWARE\\Blizzard Entertainment\\Warcraft III",
                                0, KEY_READ, &hKey);

_showerr("Failed to open Warcraft III registry key: " + _winerr(lRes));
        return 1;
    }

WCHAR szBuffer[512];
    DWORD cbBufferSize = (DWORD)sizeof(szBuffer);
    lRes = RegQueryValueEx(hKey, L"Program", NULL, NULL, (LPBYTE)szBuffer, &cbBufferSize);
    RegCloseKey(hKey);

_showerr("Failed to retrieve Warcraft III application path: " + _winerr(lRes));
        return 1;
    }

STARTUPINFO si; ZeroMemory(&si, sizeof(si));
    si.cb = sizeof(si);

PROCESS_INFORMATION pi; ZeroMemory(&pi, sizeof(pi));

if (!CreateProcess(NULL, (LPWSTR)(L'\"' + std::wstring(szBuffer) + L"\" -classic").data(),
                      NULL, NULL, FALSE, 0, NULL, NULL, &si, &pi)) {
        _showerr("Failed to launch Warcraft III: " + _winerr());
        return 1;
    }

CloseHandle(pi.hProcess);
    CloseHandle(pi.hThread);

return 0;
}

+ Rep. Some humour in this chaos isn't bad at all.

Level 7
I was noticing that while on windowed fullscreen my cursor got a little delayed. Anyone noticed something like that? On native fullscreen is normal.

Level 1
I recently ran into an issue downloading the new 1.28 patch. I've never experienced updating errors on patches ever since I bought this game in 2003. I've been using the same computer . Running on windows 7, I was not able to complete this upgrade. When attempting to connect to battle.net. The update will say Warcraft needs to restart but as soon as Warcraft closes to restart, a blizzard ent window opens up for the game content to download , the update has been from 64% complete to 99% complete hen dissapears. I've also seen error downloading while still in wc or with this issue . The download is unable to finish with the battle.net client agent. I've tried to delete the battle.net folder! No luck, I also saw a YouTube video where someone also deleted the blizzard entertainment folder (caches) to fix the problem but I couldn't even locate that one . Please help! I am the leader of clan vow on west.

Level 1
I recently ran into an issue downloading the new 1.28 patch. I've never experienced updating errors on patches ever since I bought this game in 2003. I've been using the same computer . Running on windows 7, I was not able to complete this upgrade. When attempting to connect to battle.net. The update will say Warcraft needs to restart but as soon as Warcraft closes to restart, a blizzard ent window opens up for the game content to download , the update has been from 64% complete to 99% complete hen dissapears. I've also seen error downloading while still in wc or with this issue . The download is unable to finish with the battle.net client agent. I've tried to delete the battle.net folder! No luck, I also saw a YouTube video where someone also deleted the blizzard entertainment folder (caches) to fix the problem but I couldn't even locate that one . Please help! I am the leader of clan vow on west.
I also tried reinstalling! And now I'm stuck on 1.07 patch ! I'm so confused!!

Level 7
In the middle of multiple games, the game crashes with an error message (with a warning sign if I recall). I don't remember what it said.
It's hard to help if you don't provide any information about the error.

A print screen of the error or the message along with the code should suffice.

Level 1
Should I be on this page adding a game? Then "redeeming a code" ?
I ran Roc as an administrator to download the update first, the game said it needed to restart and took me to a wc3 update window. And then the process went to 100% although the update is complete . It's still asking me to update it over and over . A continuous loop. And TFt, only gets to 64% and then it doesn't finish , the window goes away...

Level 1
what a lie that when you register your cd keys you get latest version of wc3! what a LIE! Only thing you get is some SHT that doesn't work!

Level 1
I ran Roc as an administrator to download the update first, the game said it needed to restart and took me to a wc3 update window. And then the process went to 100% although the update is complete . It's still asking me to update it over and over . A continuous loop. And TFt, only gets to 64% and then it doesn't finish , the window goes away...
Back to square 1, Same outcome

I'm also having this problem, I click the B.net button, it downloads the update and then asks to restart, after I click restart it gives an error saying the update failed to apply.

Level 1
So, the same error apperas over and over again,i tried reinstalling it (got cd and keys),tryed with this wc3 launcher which does update the game to 1.28 but then its just error all the way :( no idea how to deal with this...
upload_2017-4-6_11-50-9-png.264585

Level 4
When editing unit data (name, tooltip, extended tooltip, editor suffix) in the object editor it previously took me about 10 seconds to change it. Now however it's about twice as long. I stopped the time 2 times and it took 20 seconds each. Please don't tell me that it is going to stay like that :(

Why fix it:
- depending on what you have to do in the editor, this problem extends the mapping time extremly

At the moment I am translating my map to a second language and therefore I have to copy all units. For each unit I then have to change Name, tooltip, extended tooltip, editor suffix and each of these action now takes 20 seconds instead of the previous 10.

Also I can not seem to be able to use: -nativefullscr, when starting warcraft 3 via the test map function from WE and it stretches my 1024x768 over my complete widescreen, which doesn't happen when launching frozen throne directly, no matter if with or without "-nativefullscr" (I have black borders as a GENERAL driver setting for 4:3 resolutions).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.