1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you need to get JNGP working with 1.28, read this.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The poll for the 26th Texturing Contest is up and running. Choose an entry for the win!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Place your vote for the best custom spells made for Zephyr Contest #15 - Model Based!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Compete in Concept Art Contest - Bounty Hunter. May the best artist's bounty hunter execute!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Looking to expand an altered melee race of yours? Join the Advanced Techtree Contest - Recycle, Revise, Reinvent contest!
    Dismiss Notice

[Feedback] Compiled List of 1.28 Bugs & Issues

Discussion in 'Patch Discussion' started by StoPCampinGn00b, Apr 5, 2017.

1. StoPCampinGn00b

StoPCampinGn00b

Community Manager

We know that 1.28 was going to be necessary rough patch, no pun intended. And now it's out.

Share everything you know that 1.28 broke, for user and Blizzard reference. World Editor / modding changes will likely dominate this list, but the list does not have to exclusively be of those things.

Try to include:
    - What's the problem
    - Why to fix it
    - Specific details

Ingame:
    • (macOS) Running wc3 will lead to an error saying "Warcraft III was unable to find a CD Key". One fix that might work is to copy and paste your Warcraft III folder into another folder (e.g. Documents), then copy and paste it back into your Applications folder, replacing the existing one.
    • Game freezes when trying to change video settings. (source)
    • Numerous order IDs for abilities were changed, breaking some maps / partially breaking many maps in the process (source) (addressed by Blizzard)

• Infinite "Waiting for other players" on ladder. (fixed)
    • Gamma slider only works with -nativefullscreen. Note: this may be intended--windowed fullscreen and windowed will use your Window's gamma settings. (intended)
    • Host bots can get online and create games, but players cannot join. Fixed.

Modding / Editor:
    • Test map button leads to "Cannot load map data". The test map button saves the map in the war3 directory, but it should be in the Documents folder.
      To workaround this (for now), save your map manually to "Documents/Warcraft III/Maps/Test/WorldEditTestMap.w3m" (or w3x) and the test map button will run that file. (source)
    • Graphical glitch when resizing (image) which wasn't present before. (source)
    • "Trigger Function does not exist in database: IsUnitOwnedByPlayer" message appears and the editor crashes. Unknown to be an isolated issue or widespread. (source)
    • "Allow Local Files" registry parameter appears to no longer do anything. (source) Updated info: Allow Local Files registry key, does work. However, it will ignore all path info and only check for the basename in the local game directory. (source)
    (Modding) JassNewGenPack (JNGP):
    • Loads the Reign of Chaos editor without any JNGP features injected into it. This may be related to the new CD-key locations (they are outside the MPQ now). In the meantime, consider downloading MindWorX's WEX bundle. (source) (self-fix solution)

Patching:

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
  2. WhiteFang

WhiteFang

It can't open .w3x files,that's what is meant with RoC editor

3. KILLCIDE

KILLCIDE

Code Moderator

As of right now, it's just that when JNGP is launched, the RoC editor is launched instead. I think that's what @TriggerHappy meant by "missing features"

There are also some other important things noted by TriggerHappy:

4. StoPCampinGn00b

StoPCampinGn00b

Community Manager

Thanks guys.

I'll be heading out to bed right now. @Kam @PurgeandFire feel free to edit and add to the list when more replies come in.

5. NVS

NVS

The order id for the ability Drunken Haze has changed. Previously, it adhered to the value on this list: Order Ids | The Helper. I have no clue if this issue applies to other abilities.

Edit: I checked to see what happened to `elementalfury`.

Drunken Haze (drunkenhaze):
    • 1.27: 852585
    • 1.28: 852586
    Storm, Earth, And Fire (elementalfury):
    • 1.27: 852586
    • 1.28: 852587

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
  6. KILLCIDE

KILLCIDE

Code Moderator

Hmm... if drunkenhaze is 852586, then what does that mean for elementalfury? Did they switch the order ids?

7. TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy

For anyone using the Vanilla World Editor who wants a workaround to continue working on their maps in the meantime:

Open the WE, save your map to Documents\Warcraft III\Maps\Test\WorldEditTestMap.w3m/w3x and the Test Map feature will work again.

Game
    • Allow Local Files registry paramater appears to no longer do anything.
    • Gamma slider only works with -nativefullscreen (should probably notify the user about that in-game, or something).

World Editor 128

• Test map button no longer works. The map is created in the local game directory when it should be created in the Documents folder.
    • Graphical glitch when resizing (http://i.imgur.com/JjwDIjO.jpg) which wasn't present before.

World Editor 121 & JNGP
    • Loads Reign of Chaos editor which only allows you to edit .w3m maps. It may be related to CD key detection.

WEX - Replacement tool for JNGP. (Download)
    • Works out of the box with world editor 128.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
  8. Sunshine1

Sunshine1

I cannot get this new 1.28 update to work ... whenever i click battle.net it just updates in 1 second and after i click restart it says 'Cannot run the application launcher,please reinstall on upgrade manually. i would reinstall but lost my cd long time ago :( any solutions to this?
    Thanks in advance

9. chusrubi2

chusrubi2

Ladder games issue: Inifinite "Waiting for other players".

Go to Blizzard website, make an account there and enter your cdkey. Then you'll be able to download the game!

10. pyf

pyf

@Sunshine1: what chusrubi2 said.

Attaching the CD-Keys you legally bought to your Battle.net account, allows you to download for free the most current digital download version of the game.

11. Apheraz Lucent

Apheraz Lucent

Infinite waiting for players indeed.
    Seems they've accidentally broke something which I think is supposed to sync ladder games, thus making players stuck on loading screen permanently. However, I waited to see how long would this take and it actually counted as a victory for my team when all of the opposing players left. Odd.

Applies to BNet games only, tho. Customs work fine.

Anyone from wc3Arena to share is it same over there?

@KILLCIDE
    They've upped both values by one, for undeclared reasons.

12. Nordmar

Nordmar

as soon as I start wc3, the menu pops up and then immediately crashes again. The only error message I get is this code 3D3207B0-90A2-4480-AC2C-FF75679B48FE which is not really useful... :/

/edit: I can test my custom map with the JNGP. But then again, when I leave the map and go into the main menu, it crashes.

13. chusrubi2

chusrubi2

The video options doesn't show my native resolution in the select list. The max shown is 1080. Is this a bug?

14. Apheraz Lucent

Apheraz Lucent

Dunno, I got some movie black strips when I select my default resolution.

15. chusrubi2

chusrubi2

I can go "fullscreen" only in window mode.

With nativefullscr I have black strips too.

16. Jenzul

Jenzul

Attempting to test maps seems to give a "Cannot load Map Data" ingame, once a test is initiated. The maps are untestable.

TriggerHappy's solution seems to fix this issue

17. brad_c6

brad_c6

Blizzard

This was a bug on Battle.net's end, it should be resolved and working now. PM me if that is not the case.

18. Apheraz Lucent

Apheraz Lucent

It's up and working as of current. A bit laggy in general, is what players complain, but other than that, it's functional.

19. yanluyang

yanluyang

I have a crash issue with 1.28.
    I think i did properly patch 1.28 as the instructions.
    Run tft.exe as admin the game comes out. i can see 1.28 version number at the right bottom but game crashes in a few seconds. no idea how to deal with this...

20. chusrubi2

chusrubi2

Game gets totally frozen when trying to enter in video settings.