1. Evolution complete! Make Darwin proud and go vote in the Techtree Contest #12 - Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Icon Contest #17 - Results are out! Step by to congratulate our winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We've created the Staff Job Openings thread. We're currently in need of icon, video production, and social/multimedia positions to be filled. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Melee Mapping Contest #2 - Results are out! Step by to congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. C'thun has spoken! Texturing Contest #29 - Results are published - check 'em out!
    Dismiss Notice

[Feedback] Compiled List of 1.28 Bugs & Issues

Discussion in 'Patch Discussion' started by StoPCampinGn00b, Apr 5, 2017.

1. PurgeandFire

PurgeandFire

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Go to your Warcraft III folder. Do you see a program called "Warcraft III Launcher", or something similar? If so, try running it. If you don't see it there, then we'll probably have to look for other options. Maybe we'll get someone to upload the launcher so people can download it directly.

Did you run the launcher with admin rights?

After patching to 1.28, the cd-keys should be stored in "roc.w3k", "tft.w3k", and "user.w3k"* in your Warcraft III folder. They aren't encrypted. If you change them, then wc3 will load with those cd-keys.

*user.w3k is just the name attached to the game. It can be anything though.

And thanks for the report regarding RoC.

Thanks for the report. For the second issue, what is herobar? Is it a field in one of the wc3 files? (e.g. CommandFunc.txt)

Thanks for taking the time to explore this issue. I'll update the main post.

This is usually related to UMSWE or WEU extended functions rather than with the patch. If you tried opening your map in patch 1.26 with the regular editor, it'd probably give the same error.

JNGP isn't working in 1.28 unless you follow TriggerHappy's fix (described here). But if you get it working, then you should be able to open your map if you can manage to enable UMSWE.

Thanks for the report. Try going to your Warcraft III folder and see if there is a file called BlizzardPrepatch:
    [​IMG]

As kaijyuu said, try checking your Documents folder. It should be under "Documents/Warcraft III/Campaigns" if the migration worked for you.

Check out TriggerHappy's fix here. And we'll definitely try to keep JNGP and the optimizer working if we can. Hopefully most of the issues will be fixed with the next hotfix. These workarounds and stuff should be temporary.

2. BlueSaint

BlueSaint

Resources:
    Tools:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Sorry for ambiguosity. It's a value in the registry.

3. TheBronze

TheBronze

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    PurgeandFire - That isn't true. My map opens fine in version 1.27b, both in WE and NewGen. For 1.28, it gives me that error: Trigger Function does not exist in database: IsUnitOwnedByPlayer"

I currently have a version of both installed...

4. TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    IsUnitOwnedByPlayer
    is a native, not a Blizzard JASS function (GUI action). Were you using tools that modified trigger data, like UMSWE?

EDIT: I guess if it opens in the vanilla editor it should be fine. If you want to send me your map I can try to figure it out.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
  5. brad_c6

brad_c6

Blizzard Developer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Before trying to reboot attempt to rename Warcraft III.app to War3.app. Run the game and then rename it Warcraft III.app (I am starting to think it is something with Mac OSX but there needs to be a more through investigation)

This is as intended; gamma can be changed only in native fullscreen mode.

From what I understand JNGP uses an old version of WorldEdit that relies on the CDKeys being within the mpq; since that is no longer the case you need to use the old mopaqs with JNGP.

Try installing the Blizzard App @ http://us.battle.net/en/app/ and login to a modern Battle.net account. Once you have done that run the "Warcraft III Launcher" that is in the game installation folder. The problem appears to be that Blizzard Agent is not installed or running on your machine causing the update to fail. (NOTE YOU MUST BE ON THE LATEST VERSION OF THE BLIZZARD APP)

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
  6. Mansew

Mansew

Resources:
    Resources:
    Running game version 1.27.1.7085 of WC3ROC on the latest version of macOS Sierra (10.12.3). When I try to patch to 1.28 in-game the following happens:

On the very first try I get the screen that says "Starting battle.net...", "Updating agent" etc, then I get a Launcher screen for Frozen Throne (??) telling me that "We can't patch {game_name} with Battle.net. Please log in to {game_name} to update it.", and the patching attempt fails. On my following patching attempts I instead get an installation screen for WC3FT in the Launcher application even though I have uninstalled it. Why is this? Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling ROC repeatedly with no difference. I should note that reinstalling ROC takes about 5 seconds, even though I can't find any trace of undeleted game files anywhere on my computer, though it may still indicate that I've missed some game files.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
  7. Fiery_WA

Fiery_WA

Resources:
    Resources:
    Since the patch has been, BUGS I now have .........

1. When I alt tab to minimize WC, it doesn't minimize, it layers other windows, apps everything I have open over the top of the WC screen.
    1a. When I do manage to get WC minimized, if I swap between e.g. a browser window, and the "My Computer" (sorry for the old terminology), WC pops up in the foreground, and the tabs I have open are all displayed on my taskbar.
    2. I ladder, prior to the patch, while the game was in search mode, I would have WC minimized, when a game was found the WC game screen would pop up, and I could begin a game, NOW, if I have WC minimized and a game is found, the game begins and ends without me even realizing there was a game to begin with. Now if I want to play a ladder game, unless I have WC open, I have to sit there twiddling my thumbs waiting for a game to be found, so I can play it.
    3. AND THE BIGGEST BUG is latency, I live in Australia, my latency would be as a rule 297ms, now I'm lucky if I can logon to battlenet with a latency under 1500ms, and then there is the game stuttering.

PLEASE FIX THESE BUGS!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

It's an old game this we all know, so why the heck does Blizzard need to streamline it? If they are trying to chase away users of this classic game they are doing it. I have been playing WC since the first WC game was released, I used to love the game, but since this latest update I'm seriously thinking of uninstalling it. :(

8. DarhKoopa

DarhKoopa

Resources:
    Resources:
    Additionally to all of the patching issues, I have one more massive bug.

I cannot start Reign Of Chaos anymore, when I directly start it via Warcraft III.exe or select 'Reign of Chaos' in the launcher, it always starts The Frozen Throne instead. The issue was confirmed by another user in Battle.net forums, another re-install and patching had not resolved the issue.

9. Apheraz Lucent

Apheraz Lucent

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Alt + enter minimizes the game, apparently.
    If you maximize it back up by any means, quality of textures drops down to lowest possible.

Not sure is either intended.

10. Fiery_WA

Fiery_WA

Resources:
    Resources:
    Alt + enter just shrinks a part of the window

11. Apheraz Lucent

Apheraz Lucent

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I meant "Restore Down".

12. Sunshine1

Sunshine1

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yes i did get this 'Warcraft III Luancher' to work after i installed blizzard agent app and it did actually update to 1.28 but now there is another huge bug in the way:
    upload_2017-4-6_11-50-9.png
    I have no idea how to deal with this <:

13. chusrubi2

chusrubi2

Resources:
    Resources:
    When the patch is installed old direct access files are bugged, you have to play a bit with the different w3 launchers in default installation path.

You can make a workaround by creating new direct access file from roc or tft depending on what you need and pasting them wherever you need'em.

14. DarhKoopa

DarhKoopa

Resources:
    Resources:
    I directly ran Warcraft III.exe from the install directory and it starts Frozen Throne. Doesn't matter what I try, it always starts Frozen Throne only. Sorry if I misunderstand you.

15. A Void

A Void

Resources:
    Models:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It's because you have GPU Scaling turned on in your graphics control panel, fixed aspect ratio is useless if your gpu is already scaling correctly...

16. chusrubi2

chusrubi2

Resources:
    Resources:
    It was happening to me yesterday too but it fixed it somehow playing with these: war3.exe, Warcraft III.exe and Frozen Throne.exe.

I'm afraid I can't help you more in this matter.

17. looking_for_help

looking_for_help

Resources:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Yes. But, today I retried and now it worked. So I guess this problem is fixed now.

However, when I try to open a TFT map, it is opened with the RoC WE instead... any idea how to change this behavior?

18. Alienware69

Alienware69

Resources:
    Resources:
    So for me,
    I could access the the game itself but as soon as i wanted to go to B.net it wanted to updated from 1.27 to 1.28. makes since but it would also ask me to restart. And so I hit ok but nothing would come of it still. The restart wouldn't work and next time i went to B.net, it just would give me a error and couldn't go any further. So i was forced to uninstall and reload both ROC and TFT with keys i had digitally online.
    Thats all cool right as i had Digital DL's available. However i ended up having to reinstall this like 3 times and was taking about 20 mins per install.
    After the installs were complete it would have 2 bubbles to open frozen throne or ROC when finished i tried both and both would only take me to ROC even if selected TFT. I wanted TFT.

***The trick was to not open directly after install process. Close the install program and make 3 extra clicks to your (desktop/wherever saved) and then open it manually outside of the install process. both TFT and ROC work to B.NET at this time. ***
    Hurry up people I wanna play some games haha.

Hope this helps or makes since.

19. brad_c6

brad_c6

Blizzard Developer

Resources:
    Resources:
    If you start War3.exe with -classic does that start Reign of Chaos correctly for you?

20. chusrubi2

chusrubi2

Resources:
    Resources:
    For other users it happens the way around too: the launchers only run RoC.