1. Evolution complete! Make Darwin proud and go vote in the Techtree Contest #12 - Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Icon Contest #17 - Results are out! Step by to congratulate our winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Succumb to the whispers and join our Texturing Contest #29 - Old Gods!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The results for Texturing Contest #28 are out! Step by to congratulate our winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. We've created the Staff Job Openings thread. We're currently in need of icon, video production, and social/multimedia positions to be filled. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. On May 20th a new law about privacy and data processing comes into work in the EU. I am no lawyer and I need help figuring out if we comply and if not, what we must do about it. Please message me if you can provide any assistance. Read more. Ralle
    Dismiss Notice

[Feedback] Compiled List of 1.30 / 1.29 Bugs & Issues

Discussion in 'Patch Discussion' started by TriggerHappy, Feb 22, 2018.

1. TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Patch 1.29 is bringing many new features which will require testing, and it may contain some bugs. If you have encountered an issue related to Patch 1.29 please post it here.

Current Live Patch: 1.29.2 (1.29c)
    Current PTR Patch: 1.30.0 (1.30)

Battle.net
    1. Some users are having trouble connecting with the error "A required file was not found". (Image, Image, Post)

2. Some users are unable to login to battle.net and they receive an error message about their CD Key. (Image, Post, Post)

Game
    1. When clicking on a unit/hero portrait, it is no longer centered correctly. (Video)

2. Players 11 & 12 have their colors swapped, even in editor menus. (Image, Image)

3. The UI seems to bug more often while disconnecting from a match. (Image, Image, Post)

4. The UI shows black bars on each side on aspect ratios above 16:9. (Image, Post)

5. If you move items from the inventory, the icon looks stretched (Image)

6. The OpenGL flag no longer works. This flag has a significant performance and compatabiility benefit on slower PC's and laptops. (Image) Changed to "-graphicsapi OpenGL2"

7. Text selection for input boxes is off. (Post)

8. Input boxes lose focus after using various UI functions like whisper and team select. (Post)

9. 5:4 Aspect Ratio is bugged (Post).

10. You can't select the new player colors unless you are playing a map with more than 12 players. (Post)

Modding
    1. Many maps are now broken due to JASS not allowing functions to return null which return a string. Example:
      Code (vJASS):
      function BreakPre129Maps takes nothing returns string
          return null
      endfunction
      If a map contains a function like this, you will won't be able to launch the map.

2. In the common.j
      JASS_MAX_ARRAY_SIZE
      is still set to 8192.

3. UnitHideAbility
      and
      BlzUnitDisableAbility
      only work on learned hero abilities once they have already been learned. They don't seem to work on normal units at all.

4. Some textures are missing from the MPQ which can break models (Confirmed with water textures "ReplaceableTextures\Water\D_Water01.blp" and "Textures\white.blp").

5. Some Tooltips seem to not work like before (length cut). (Image)[/s]

6. Tile limit is not actually increased to 16. Base cliff tiles always take up 2 slots so the maximum amount of tiles you can have is 14. The game engine does actually support 16 full tiles (even with cost 2). (Image, Post)

7. In the Trigger Editor, it is currently not possible to change the color of a player to any of the new ones. (Post)[

8. Multiboards aren't placed at the top right point of the new 16:9 resolution but at the old 4:3 position. Chat is as well. Is this intentional?

9. WESTRING_MENU_VALIDATE_MAP_TRIGGERS when opening the trigger editor (Image)

10. Error when opening the map editor (doesn't happen to everyone). (Image)

11. The GUI equivalent for SetAbilityOnIcon has invalid parameters causing the editor to throw errors. (Image, Post)

12. DecPlayerTechResearched causes SetPlayerTechResearched to work improperly. (Post)

13. Some users are reporting blurry fonts which weren't there before. (Post, Post)

14. Playing a special effects animation doesn't seem to work properly. (Post, Video)

15. Error when opening the Preferences tab in the World Editor. (Image)

16. Some BLP textures cause the game to freeze or crash when they did not before. (Post, Examples)

17. The JASS compiler now seems to ignore code with incorrect syntax.

JASS
      Code (vJASS):
      function BadJASS takes nothing returns nothing
          \test
          /testng
          if ()
          call
          endif
          exitwhen
          if (false)
              call BJDebugMsg("Still displayed...")
          else
              call BJDebugMsg("so is this")
      endfunction

18. gamecache
      's can no longer have more than 64 missionKeys.

JASS
      Code (vJASS):
      function CacheTest takes nothing returns nothing
          local integer i = 0
          local integer c = 64

loop
              exitwhen i == c

call StoreInteger(TestCache, I2S(i), "0", i)

set i = i + 1
          endloop

set i = 0

loop
              exitwhen i == c

if (not HaveStoredInteger(TestCache, I2S(i), "0")) then
                  // prints "Missing 63" on 1.29, nothing on previous versions
                  call BJDebugMsg("Missing " + I2S(i))
              endif

set i = i + 1
          endloop
      endfunction

19. Fog modifiers don't work for the new players. (Post)

JASS
      Code (vJASS):
          local integer i = 0
          loop
              exitwhen i > 23
              call CreateFogModifierRadius(Player(i), FOG_OF_WAR_VISIBLE, 0, 0, 256, false, false)
              if (not IsVisibleToPlayer(0, 0, Player(i))) then
                  call DisplayTimedTextToPlayer(Player(i), 0, 0, 60, "Player #" + I2S(i) + " cannot see.")
              endif
              set i = i + 1
          endloop

20. BlzUnitShowAbility
      and
      BlzUnitHideAbility
      seem to have an internal counter which creates odd behavior. Is this intended? There is no way to access the counter without manually keeping track of it. (Post)

21. Using the mouse events and the keyboard events at the same time cancels out the keyboard events. (Post)

22. There is no setter function to go with
      BlzGetUnitAbilityManaCost

23. GetUnitAbilityCooldown does not work. It always returns 0.00.

24. GetAbilityCooldown is affected by SetUnitAbilityCooldown.

25. SetUnitAbilityCooldown, as its name suggests, should just affect only one ability for a specific unit, since it asks for a unit data type. However, it affects the ability for all units. (Post)

26. Some setter natives which take a handle affect the whole type (
      BlzSetUnitAbilityCooldown
      BlzSetItemName
      )

27. BlzSetUnitName
      doesn't update
      GetUnitName

28. SetUnitNameAll
      only works for units created after it's called.
      - native removed

29. BlzUnitCancelTimedLife
      doesn't work and it kills heroes. (Post)

30. The GUI Versions of "SetAbilityIcon", "SetAbilityOnIcon" and "SetItemIconPath" (defined inside TriggerData), should use, the World Editor only Type,
      imagefile
      instead of
      string
      as argument, to enable selection by drop down menu. (Post)

31. Player 12 (Brown) has a dark red hero glow instead of brown. (Image, Post)

32. BlzGetLocalUnitZ
      returns 0.00.

33. Displaying a Multiboard at the same time as a Timer Dialog causes the Multiboard to dissapear or glitch graphically. (Post, Post)

34. Clicking on the Minimap in the World Editor doesn't move the camera to the clicked position.

35. The German version of the World Editor is missing the strings and icons for the new mousebuttons. (Image, Post)

36. Creating blight through code doesn't work for players above 16. (Post)

37. Hashtables are now limited to 2048 parent keys.

38. Textures with "fake" mipmaps cause models to be black, invisible, or crash.

39. TextTags are misaligned. (Post, Post, Post)

40. SetPlayerAbilityAvailable
      no longer works.

41. BlzSetItemTooltip
      and
      BlzSetItemDescription
      seem to no longer work.

42. In the World Editor toolbar, the Help -> Warcraft III World Editor Help button doesn't work because the subfolder support doesn't exist anymore.

43. BlzIsUnitInvulnerable
      returns true if a unit is vulnerable when it should return true for invulnerable units.

44. Special Effects lose visibility after being moved. (Post)

45. Some of the new tooltip natives can cause crashes. (Post)

46. Items no longer have collision. (Post, Post, Post)

47. There is a typo in TriggerData.txt on line 2439 (Button_Categroy) (Post)

48. You can't scale or color special effects that are attached to units. (]Post)

Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
  2. eejin

eejin

Tool Reviewer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Tile limit is not actually increased to 16. Base cliff tiles always take up 2 slots so the maximum amount of tiles you can have is 14. The game engine does actually support 16 full tiles (even with cost 2).
    [​IMG]

3. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:

4. Mathayis

Mathayis

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Okay, i'm running in to some trouble here...First of all, I have a really crappy internet connection, so it's taking it quite a long time for the patch to update...

My problem started when I went to open the map editor while it was updating, then the update had an error...and now I can't open the Frozen thrones game! :( I get this error screen..

I'm trying to download the patch again...hoping it makes the game work again.....

I was just wondering, once the patch finishes will frozen thrones work again?

5. Wareditor

Wareditor

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Multiboards aren't placed at the top right point of the new 16:9 resolution but at the old 4:3 top right position.

6. Sir Moriarty

Sir Moriarty

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I tried to test my maps in 1.29, and I appear to be unable to run any of my maps at all.
    The map select screen turns up blank.
    upload_2018-2-22_7-42-42.png
    The same happens to a Wurst test map that I tried running before that.
    Most other maps are totally fine.
    This appears to be an issue with .w3x files that have been tampered with outside the editor, which I personally do (for easier terrain / object data management), and what Wurst does as well.
    I'm attaching both a protected and unprotected version if anyone wishes to take a look, though both of them are tampered with and both don't work.
    I also use vJASS imports for importing triggers, unfortunately none of the source code is in the map itself.

Anyone else having same issues?

Attached Files:

7. Wareditor

Wareditor

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Upon a disconnect, the UI gets messed up hard.
    If you are wondering what's the big thing at the bottom : it's the unit's portrait.
    I have no confirmation of it happening 100% of the time.

strangeUI.PNG

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
  8. TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    You have the following code in your script.

Code (vJASS):
    function StringTrimLeft takes string str returns string
            local string s
            local integer left
            local integer right

if str == null then
                return null
            endif

set left=0
            set right=StringLength(str)

loop
                exitwhen left >= right
                set s=SubString(str, left, left + 1)
                exitwhen s != " " and s != "\n" and s != "\r" and s != "\t"
                set left=left + 1
            endloop

return SubString(str, left, right)
    endfunction

In the main post I show that functions which return strings can't return a null value.

The portrait model in your battle.net profile is stretched as well. I saw it first on Grubby's stream but it happens for me too.

Attached Files:

• peon.png
      peon.png
      File size:
      744.8 KB
      Views:
  9. Sir Moriarty

Sir Moriarty

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Oh, thanks, I didn't realize that. That explains it.

On a slightly different note, the fonts seem weirder for me in 1.29 compared to 1.28.5
    This is 1.28.5:
    [​IMG]
    Crisp and sharp.
    And this is 1.29:
    [​IMG]
    If you look close enough, you'll see some weird stretching and artifacting. It's subtle, but it's there.

Also, many maps relied on the fact that player IDs 12 through 15 were various neutral slots, and did not use the constants for neutral players present in common.j
    This is going to break most of those maps in some manner, and in fact, I've already tested a map affected by this change.

Now, you could argue that everyone should use the constants, but nobody ever expected the player limit to be raised, it seemed.
    Besides, most optimizers out there seem to be inlining constant values... Not sure if that affects Blizzard constants, too.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2018
  10. TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    The top looks like it was in 16:9 (and stretched) while the bottom one looks like a low resolution 4:3.

Not to mention script optimizers will remove long constant names and just use the raw value.

If anything a tool could be made to fix this, I guess.

11. Sir Moriarty

Sir Moriarty

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The top one was in 1680x1050 windowed fullscreen mode in 1.28.5, and indeed it is stretched - but the fonts are unaffected by stretching, it seems.
    The lower one is 1680x1050 still, but in 4:3 with black bars on the sides. Ingame it renders in proper widescreen, but the fonts are still messed up.

12. Saken

Saken

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Like wise with the chat it's no longer at bottom left, and is at the old 4:3 position.

I also noticed when clicking on a unit/hero portrait, it is no longer centered correctly either. The left side of the portrait does nothing, you have to click on the middle or farther to the right of the portrait to quick travel to the unit.

It also removed my loading screen from one of my games too.

13. TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I kind of like the chat where it is now.

I noticed that too.

14. Saelendious

Saelendious

Resources:
    Resources:
    upload_2018-2-22_12-58-38.png
    i guess someone was in a hurry

Edit. addition: The extended color pallete needs a bit changing. To be exact, it would be amazing if map makers could add custom team colors using RGB system. Also, white color is surely the best addition, but if your ally/enemy uses it then you can't quite figure everything out on the minimap, so something that will allow players to change their color from their perspective (like in SC2) is needed.

15. SvnmS

SvnmS

Resources:
    Resources:
    There are still some limits in the editor :

[​IMG]

But I just want it to be brought to the attention of the developers at blizzard. Removing these limits would be really helpful as well.
    Thought this might be included in the "Object limit increased to 30,000" but looks like it isn't.

EDIT : there is also the issue of neutral hostile, neutral passive and neutral extra units becoming player units if opened in WC 1.29. It is fine for maps that can be updated to fix that. But old maps that run on the assumption that neutral passive will not attack anyone will no longer be playable.

This is due to the numbers 13-16 now becoming numbers for playable colors.

I am not sure of if people feel that preserving the maps that currently have no active editors is worth having the weird layout of [1-12 playable 13-16 neutral 17-28 playable] (it is in my opinion). But I think it is important enough to be discussed.

16. Tasyen

Tasyen

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Some Tooltips are now fucked up.

The left part of the image was taken with version 1.285 the other one with the recent public test 1.29
    Tooltip error.jpg
    "Tootip does not update." at the end of the text, is not displayed.

17. Wareditor

Wareditor

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    • This message appears upon opening the editor : WE error.PNG
    • Can't save the map in the editor while playing it (using the editor play feature). It used to be possible.
    • In Gui, Set Unit Name (All) isn't working.
    • UnitDisableAbility and UnitHideAbility only works for heroes.
    • The player(4) color has been changed. It should stay the same for legacy.

The best would be to have constant for UI elements such as hero icons, chat, multiboards and so on or even better be able to change it dynamically.

18. LeP

LeP

Resources:
    Resources:
    So, do we expect the
    return null
    for strings to be fixed or shall i update pjass?

19. SvnmS

SvnmS

Resources:
    Resources:
    Player(10) was also changed, but I think they did that to make the colors more easy to separate.
    I actually understand why player(4) got changed, the old one is quite similar to the new player(16). But player(10)'s old color should be fine with the new ones.

20. Kacpa2

Kacpa2

Resources:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]

There is something terribly wrong with 4:3 resolutions in PTR.....text is all fuzzy and ugly......and it's on maximum possible 4:3 resolution right now......
    Also why light blue isnt like it was before? :(
    It's my favourite colour, it wont conflict or get confused with any other colour......can it stay as it was originally?
    Edit: Brown and DG got switched.....i see no reason for it.

[​IMG]

ANOTHER Thing,
    Original Purp and LB dont conflict with new TC at all.....to be honest i think that should use new player 4 colour as new PURP instead of that ...dark.....one and keep the original as it was. Light blue must be as it was.....it looks far too much like teal and it was perfect as it was.....also it's Jaina's campaign team colour......it must stay xD

[​IMG]

Dark Red.....shuold be more.....vivid....it looks far too much like brown right now(vivid maroon would be so nice) Dark Orange should be...more orange......and Dark purp(player 16) should be replaced by that vivid violet that replaced original purp(player 4)......

Also please remove limits on stuff like placed units and items, epsecially neutral passive......being at this silly 96 limit........it makes it hard to use portals to interiors on my map and i need to do it with triggers to make them passive after start..... Please get this done before release of 1.29 too :3