• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Feedback] Compiled List of 1.30 / 1.29 Bugs & Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patch 1.29 is bringing many new features which will require testing, and it may contain some bugs. If you have encountered an issue related to Patch 1.29 please post it here.

Current Live Patch: 1.29.2 (1.29c)
Current PTR Patch: 1.30.0 (1.30)

Battle.net
  1. Some users are having trouble connecting with the error "A required file was not found". (Image, Image, Post)

2. Some users are unable to login to battle.net and they receive an error message about their CD Key. (Image, Post, Post)

Game
  1. When clicking on a unit/hero portrait, it is no longer centered correctly. (Video)

2. Players 11 & 12 have their colors swapped, even in editor menus. (Image, Image)

3. The UI seems to bug more often while disconnecting from a match. (Image, Image, Post)

4. The UI shows black bars on each side on aspect ratios above 16:9. (Image, Post)

5. If you move items from the inventory, the icon looks stretched (Image)

6. The OpenGL flag no longer works. This flag has a significant performance and compatabiility benefit on slower PC's and laptops. (Image) Changed to "-graphicsapi OpenGL2"

7. Text selection for input boxes is off. (Post)

8. Input boxes lose focus after using various UI functions like whisper and team select. (Post)

9. 5:4 Aspect Ratio is bugged (Post).

10. You can't select the new player colors unless you are playing a map with more than 12 players. (Post)

Modding
  1. Many maps are now broken due to JASS not allowing functions to return null which return a string. Example:
    JASS:
    function BreakPre129Maps takes nothing returns string
        return null
    endfunction
    If a map contains a function like this, you will won't be able to launch the map.

2. In the common.j JASS_MAX_ARRAY_SIZE is still set to 8192.

3. UnitHideAbility and BlzUnitDisableAbility only work on learned hero abilities once they have already been learned. They don't seem to work on normal units at all.

4. Some textures are missing from the MPQ which can break models (Confirmed with water textures "ReplaceableTextures\Water\D_Water01.blp" and "Textures\white.blp").

5. Some Tooltips seem to not work like before (length cut). (Image)[/s]

6. Tile limit is not actually increased to 16. Base cliff tiles always take up 2 slots so the maximum amount of tiles you can have is 14. The game engine does actually support 16 full tiles (even with cost 2). (Image, Post)

7. In the Trigger Editor, it is currently not possible to change the color of a player to any of the new ones. (Post)[

8. Multiboards aren't placed at the top right point of the new 16:9 resolution but at the old 4:3 position. Chat is as well. Is this intentional?

9. WESTRING_MENU_VALIDATE_MAP_TRIGGERS when opening the trigger editor (Image)

10. Error when opening the map editor (doesn't happen to everyone). (Image)

11. The GUI equivalent for SetAbilityOnIcon has invalid parameters causing the editor to throw errors. (Image, Post)

12. DecPlayerTechResearched causes SetPlayerTechResearched to work improperly. (Post)

13. Some users are reporting blurry fonts which weren't there before. (Post, Post)

14. Playing a special effects animation doesn't seem to work properly. (Post, Video)

15. Error when opening the Preferences tab in the World Editor. (Image)

16. Some BLP textures cause the game to freeze or crash when they did not before. (Post, Examples)

17. The JASS compiler now seems to ignore code with incorrect syntax.

JASS:
    function BadJASS takes nothing returns nothing
        \test
        /testng
        if ()
        call 
        endif
        exitwhen
        if (false)
            call BJDebugMsg("Still displayed...")
        else
            call BJDebugMsg("so is this")
    endfunction

18. gamecache's can no longer have more than 64 missionKeys.

JASS:
    function CacheTest takes nothing returns nothing
        local integer i = 0
        local integer c = 64

loop
            exitwhen i == c

call StoreInteger(TestCache, I2S(i), "0", i)

set i = i + 1
        endloop

set i = 0

loop
            exitwhen i == c

if (not HaveStoredInteger(TestCache, I2S(i), "0")) then
                // prints "Missing 63" on 1.29, nothing on previous versions
                call BJDebugMsg("Missing " + I2S(i))
            endif

set i = i + 1
        endloop
    endfunction

19. Fog modifiers don't work for the new players. (Post)

JASS:
        local integer i = 0
        loop
            exitwhen i > 23
            call CreateFogModifierRadius(Player(i), FOG_OF_WAR_VISIBLE, 0, 0, 256, false, false)
            if (not IsVisibleToPlayer(0, 0, Player(i))) then
                call DisplayTimedTextToPlayer(Player(i), 0, 0, 60, "Player #" + I2S(i) + " cannot see.")
            endif
            set i = i + 1
        endloop

20. BlzUnitShowAbility and BlzUnitHideAbility seem to have an internal counter which creates odd behavior. Is this intended? There is no way to access the counter without manually keeping track of it. (Post)

21. Using the mouse events and the keyboard events at the same time cancels out the keyboard events. (Post)

22. There is no setter function to go with BlzGetUnitAbilityManaCost.

23. GetUnitAbilityCooldown does not work. It always returns 0.00.

24. GetAbilityCooldown is affected by SetUnitAbilityCooldown.

25. SetUnitAbilityCooldown, as its name suggests, should just affect only one ability for a specific unit, since it asks for a unit data type. However, it affects the ability for all units. (Post)

26. Some setter natives which take a handle affect the whole type (BlzSetUnitAbilityCooldown, BlzSetItemName)

27. BlzSetUnitName doesn't update GetUnitName.

28. SetUnitNameAll only works for units created after it's called. - native removed

29. BlzUnitCancelTimedLife doesn't work and it kills heroes. (Post)

30. The GUI Versions of "SetAbilityIcon", "SetAbilityOnIcon" and "SetItemIconPath" (defined inside TriggerData), should use, the World Editor only Type, imagefile instead of string as argument, to enable selection by drop down menu. (Post)

31. Player 12 (Brown) has a dark red hero glow instead of brown. (Image, Post)

32. BlzGetLocalUnitZ returns 0.00.

33. Displaying a Multiboard at the same time as a Timer Dialog causes the Multiboard to dissapear or glitch graphically. (Post, Post)

34. Clicking on the Minimap in the World Editor doesn't move the camera to the clicked position.

35. The German version of the World Editor is missing the strings and icons for the new mousebuttons. (Image, Post)

36. Creating blight through code doesn't work for players above 16. (Post)

37. Hashtables are now limited to 2048 parent keys.

38. Textures with "fake" mipmaps cause models to be black, invisible, or crash.

39. TextTags are misaligned. (Post, Post, Post)

40. SetPlayerAbilityAvailable no longer works.

41. BlzSetItemTooltip and BlzSetItemDescription seem to no longer work.

42. In the World Editor toolbar, the Help -> Warcraft III World Editor Help button doesn't work because the subfolder support doesn't exist anymore.

43. BlzIsUnitInvulnerable returns true if a unit is vulnerable when it should return true for invulnerable units.

44. Special Effects lose visibility after being moved. (Post)

45. Some of the new tooltip natives can cause crashes. (Post)

46. Items no longer have collision. (Post, Post, Post)

47. There is a typo in TriggerData.txt on line 2439 (Button_Categroy) (Post)

48. You can't scale or color special effects that are attached to units. (]Post)

Last edited:

eejin

Tool Moderator
Level 12
Tile limit is not actually increased to 16. Base cliff tiles always take up 2 slots so the maximum amount of tiles you can have is 14. The game engine does actually support 16 full tiles (even with cost 2).
unknown.png

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Found the first bug:
In the Trigger Editor, it is currently not possible to change the color of a player to any of the new ones.
A possible workaround I have not tested yet is using "Change Player Color to Color of Player X" instead.
Already wrote it in Hive's Discord, also sharing it here because that should be adressed before the "full"
release of this patch.
I am a color-greedy bastard.

Level 7
Okay, i'm running in to some trouble here...First of all, I have a really crappy internet connection, so it's taking it quite a long time for the patch to update...

My problem started when I went to open the map editor while it was updating, then the update had an error...and now I can't open the Frozen thrones game! :( I get this error screen..

I'm trying to download the patch again...hoping it makes the game work again.....

I was just wondering, once the patch finishes will frozen thrones work again?

~El

Level 17
I tried to test my maps in 1.29, and I appear to be unable to run any of my maps at all.
The map select screen turns up blank.
upload_2018-2-22_7-42-42.png
The same happens to a Wurst test map that I tried running before that.
Most other maps are totally fine.
This appears to be an issue with .w3x files that have been tampered with outside the editor, which I personally do (for easier terrain / object data management), and what Wurst does as well.
I'm attaching both a protected and unprotected version if anyone wishes to take a look, though both of them are tampered with and both don't work.
I also use vJASS imports for importing triggers, unfortunately none of the source code is in the map itself.

Anyone else having same issues?

Attachments

• YARP-B6-Vanguard.w3x
    28.3 MB · Views: 290
  • YARP-B6-Vanguard-opt.w3x
    25.4 MB · Views: 323
I tried to test my maps in 1.29, and I appear to be unable to run any of my maps at all.
The map select screen turns up blank.Anyone else having same issues?

You have the following code in your script.

JASS:
function StringTrimLeft takes string str returns string
        local string s
        local integer left
        local integer right

if str == null then
            return null
        endif

set left=0
        set right=StringLength(str)

loop
            exitwhen left >= right
            set s=SubString(str, left, left + 1)
            exitwhen s != " " and s != "\n" and s != "\r" and s != "\t"
            set left=left + 1
        endloop

return SubString(str, left, right)
endfunction
In the main post I show that functions which return strings can't return a null value.

Upon a disconnect, the UI gets messed up hard.
If you are wondering what's the big thing at the bottom : it's the unit's portrait.
I have no confirmation it happens 100% of the time.

The portrait model in your battle.net profile is stretched as well. I saw it first on Grubby's stream but it happens for me too.

Attachments

• peon.png
    peon.png
    744.8 KB · Views: 488
Last edited:

~El

Level 17
You have the following code in your script.

JASS:
function StringTrimLeft takes string str returns string
        local string s
        local integer left
        local integer right

if str == null then
            return null
        endif

set left=0
        set right=StringLength(str)

loop
            exitwhen left >= right
            set s=SubString(str, left, left + 1)
            exitwhen s != " " and s != "\n" and s != "\r" and s != "\t"
            set left=left + 1
        endloop

return SubString(str, left, right)
endfunction
In the main post I show that functions which return strings can't return a null value.

The portrait model in your battle.net profile is stretched as well. I saw it first on Grubby's stream but it happens for me too.
Oh, thanks, I didn't realize that. That explains it.

On a slightly different note, the fonts seem weirder for me in 1.29 compared to 1.28.5
This is 1.28.5:
pEIZwGt.png
Crisp and sharp.
And this is 1.29:
FGIJ2rz.png
If you look close enough, you'll see some weird stretching and artifacting. It's subtle, but it's there.

Also, many maps relied on the fact that player IDs 12 through 15 were various neutral slots, and did not use the constants for neutral players present in common.j
This is going to break most of those maps in some manner, and in fact, I've already tested a map affected by this change.

Now, you could argue that everyone should use the constants, but nobody ever expected the player limit to be raised, it seemed.
Besides, most optimizers out there seem to be inlining constant values... Not sure if that affects Blizzard constants, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
On a slightly different note, the fonts seem weirder for me in 1.29 compared to 1.28.5

The top looks like it was in 16:9 (and stretched) while the bottom one looks like a low resolution 4:3.

Also, many maps relied on the fact that player IDs 12 through 15 were various neutral slots, and did not use the constants for neutral players present in common.j
This is going to break most of those maps in some manner, and in fact, I've already tested a map affected by this change.

Now, you could argue that everyone should use the constants, but nobody ever expected the player limit to be raised, it seemed.
Besides, most optimizers out there seem to be inlining constant values... Not sure if that affects Blizzard constants, too.

Not to mention script optimizers will remove long constant names and just use the raw value.

If anything a tool could be made to fix this, I guess.

~El

Level 17
The top looks like it was in 16:9 (and stretched) while the bottom one looks like a low resolution 4:3.

The top one was in 1680x1050 windowed fullscreen mode in 1.28.5, and indeed it is stretched - but the fonts are unaffected by stretching, it seems.
The lower one is 1680x1050 still, but in 4:3 with black bars on the sides. Ingame it renders in proper widescreen, but the fonts are still messed up.

Level 12
Multiboards aren't placed at the top right point of the new 16:9 resolution but at the old 4:3 top right position.

Like wise with the chat it's no longer at bottom left, and is at the old 4:3 position.

I also noticed when clicking on a unit/hero portrait, it is no longer centered correctly either. The left side of the portrait does nothing, you have to click on the middle or farther to the right of the portrait to quick travel to the unit.

It also removed my loading screen from one of my games too.

Like wise with the chat it's no longer at bottom left, and is at the old 4:3 position.

I kind of like the chat where it is now.

I also noticed when clicking on a unit/hero portrait, it is no longer centered correctly either. The left side of the portrait does nothing, you have to click on the middle or farther to the right of the portrait to quick travel to the unit.

I noticed that too.

Level 13
upload_2018-2-22_12-58-38.png
i guess someone was in a hurry

Edit. addition: The extended color pallete needs a bit changing. To be exact, it would be amazing if map makers could add custom team colors using RGB system. Also, white color is surely the best addition, but if your ally/enemy uses it then you can't quite figure everything out on the minimap, so something that will allow players to change their color from their perspective (like in SC2) is needed.

Last edited:
Level 2
There are still some limits in the editor :

a371a0b6cb.png

But I just want it to be brought to the attention of the developers at blizzard. Removing these limits would be really helpful as well.
Thought this might be included in the "Object limit increased to 30,000" but looks like it isn't.

EDIT : there is also the issue of neutral hostile, neutral passive and neutral extra units becoming player units if opened in WC 1.29. It is fine for maps that can be updated to fix that. But old maps that run on the assumption that neutral passive will not attack anyone will no longer be playable.

This is due to the numbers 13-16 now becoming numbers for playable colors.

I am not sure of if people feel that preserving the maps that currently have no active editors is worth having the weird layout of [1-12 playable 13-16 neutral 17-28 playable] (it is in my opinion). But I think it is important enough to be discussed.

Last edited:
Level 14
  • This message appears upon opening the editor :
    WE error.PNG
  • Can't save the map in the editor while playing it (using the editor play feature). It used to be possible.
  • In Gui, Set Unit Name (All) isn't working.
  • UnitDisableAbility and UnitHideAbility only works for heroes.
  • The player(4) color has been changed. It should stay the same for legacy.

I kind of like the chat where it is now.
The best would be to have constant for UI elements such as hero icons, chat, multiboards and so on or even better be able to change it dynamically.

LeP

LeP

Level 13
So, do we expect the return null for strings to be fixed or shall i update pjass?

Level 2
  • The player(4) color has been changed. It should stay the same for legacy.
Player(10) was also changed, but I think they did that to make the colors more easy to separate.
I actually understand why player(4) got changed, the old one is quite similar to the new player(16). But player(10)'s old color should be fine with the new ones.

Level 14
unknown.png

There is something terribly wrong with 4:3 resolutions in PTR.....text is all fuzzy and ugly......and it's on maximum possible 4:3 resolution right now......
Also why light blue isnt like it was before? :(
It's my favourite colour, it wont conflict or get confused with any other colour......can it stay as it was originally?
Edit: Brown and DG got switched.....i see no reason for it.

unknown.png

ANOTHER Thing,
Original Purp and LB dont conflict with new TC at all.....to be honest i think that should use new player 4 colour as new PURP instead of that ...dark.....one and keep the original as it was. Light blue must be as it was.....it looks far too much like teal and it was perfect as it was.....also it's Jaina's campaign team colour......it must stay xD

unknown.png

Dark Red.....shuold be more.....vivid....it looks far too much like brown right now(vivid maroon would be so nice) Dark Orange should be...more orange......and Dark purp(player 16) should be replaced by that vivid violet that replaced original purp(player 4)......

Also please remove limits on stuff like placed units and items, epsecially neutral passive......being at this silly 96 limit........it makes it hard to use portals to interiors on my map and i need to do it with triggers to make them passive after start..... Please get this done before release of 1.29 too :3

Last edited:
Level 11
Also why light blue isnt like it was before? :(
Dark Red.....shuold be more.....vivid....it looks far too much like brown right now(vivid maroon would be so nice) Dark Orange should be...more orange......and Dark purp(player 16) should be replaced by that vivid violet that replaced original purp(player 4)......
Yeah, I'm with you about colours. Light Blue is slightly different now, it's not a huge issue, but I liked it the way it was before. I supposed it was changed so there is no confusion with the other pale colours, like the new white.
I agree about Dark Red, it should be very slightly brighter, so it looks like it's really red, not brownish.
Same thing for Dark Blue, it's a tiny bit too dark. Sometimes (especially at night), it almost look like black.
Anyway, I supposed this is all a matter of preferences.

About bugs now. I opened a few maps from my campaign, and some models won't load. Most are fine, but a few of them are not displayed, there's just this infamous green and black cube instead. I don't have that issue with standard 1.28.
EDIT: Sorry, didn't see OP's entire message, and missed this:
Some textures are missing from the MPQ which can break models (Confirmed with water textures "ReplaceableTextures\Water\D_Water01.blp" and "Textures\white.blp")
I supposed it's a momentary bug then. (Does that mean Blizzard is playing around with textures for a remaster?...)

Btw, will this thread be reported to Blizzard? via Kam maybe?

Btw, will this thread be reported to Blizzard? via Kam maybe?

@Kam is aware of this thread.

So, do we expect the return null for strings to be fixed or shall i update pjass?

No word yet but I have asked.

EDIT: It will be fixed by Blizzard.

[/SPOILER]There is something terribly wrong with 4:3 resolutions in PTR.....text is all fuzzy and ugly......and it's on maximum possible 4:3 resolution right now......

Have you turned up the resolution?

If you read the patch notes it states that all menus are 4:3 to prevent stretching while in-game 16:9 is supported.

Last edited:
Level 11
@Kam is aware of this thread.
Thanks for the information :)
If you read the patch notes it states that all menus are 4:3 to prevent stretching while in-game 16:9 is supported.
The way they did it is strange though, because if you use ENAleksey's widescreen fix, there is no stretching in the menus I'm aware of, it looks like this:
War3_Main_Menu_Widescreen.png
Well perhaps the buttons are a bit stretched, I don't know. But nothing eyesore anyway ;)

Thanks for the information :)
The way they did it is strange though, because if you use ENAleksey's widescreen fix, there is no stretching in the menus I'm aware of, it looks like this:
Well perhaps the buttons are a bit stretched, I don't know. But nothing eyesore anyway ;)

The interface is stretched with his tool, but I might prefer that over the current setup.

Level 2
1. Cinematic interface is also looks really bad: https://i.imgur.com/202sWCy.jpg
2. The portrait hitbox is messed up. There are places on the portrait where you can click and nothing happens (camera doesn't go to this unit or building). Here's the video demonstration:
3. For some reason Blood Mage's Siphon Mana doesn't work on allies.
4. These kind of things happen sometimes: https://i.imgur.com/0lHxYnI.jpg

Level 13
There's some inconsistency with the new "Ability Icon" functions.
JASS:
// Normal
native SetAbilityIcon                           takes integer abilCode, string iconPath, integer level returns nothing
native GetAbilityIcon                           takes integer abilCode, integer level returns string
// Auto-cast
native SetAbilityOnIcon                         takes integer abilCode, string iconPath returns nothing
native GetAbilityOnIcon                         takes integer abilCode returns string
One of the setters take an extra argument for levels, and the same goes for one of the getters. I believe abilities can only have one icon, regardless of their levels.

Also, someone did something wrong when translating two of those functions into GUI, because both native functions take no integer argument while GUI asks for a specific level.
  • -------- Do note that neither of them take an integer as argument --------
  • Set STR = (Icon (Turn On Auto-Casting) of Acid Bomb for level 1)
  • Game - Set Icon (Turn On Auto-Casting) of Acid Bomb to NewIcon.blp for level 1
This results in a compile error due to invalid number of arguments.
Untitled-1.png

Last edited:
I believe abilities can only have one icon, regardless of their levels.

You seem to be correct. They also require you to "refresh" the UI manually by clicking another unit or menu then back to the ability.

JASS:
call SetAbilityIcon('AHhb', "ReplaceableTextures\\CommandButtons\\BTNPeasant.blp", 1)
call SetAbilityIcon('AHhb', "ReplaceableTextures\\CommandButtons\\BTNFootman.blp", 2)

Attachments

• abil.png
    abil.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 294
Level 13
Setting scale of a selection circle image to match ability AOE isn't clean because you have to translate game units into a scalar for the image Z. Ideally, implement this API somehow: show me the ranges

Is there a set unit's increased attack speed (i think it goes -4. to 4.) function? If not, what would the conversion from attack cooldown to ias be?

could we have a function for unit bonus movespeed? SetUnitMSBonus

game message functions for drawing @ upkeep and error locations would be great.

ResetAttackCooldown has been a useful func for me, but any clean alternative would be fine

Last edited:
Level 10
TriggerAddCondition() now requires you to add (Condition()) around the "function funcname".

This means that if you use JASS (instead of GUI) you have to manually add this.
However in GUI its automatically converted so you need not mind.
More of a heads up really for people porting maps.

Old:
Code:
call TriggerAddCondition( gg_trg_LootTier1, function Trig_LootTier1_Conditions )
New:
Code:
call TriggerAddCondition( gg_trg_LootTier1, Condition( function Trig_LootTier1_Conditions ) )

~El

Level 17
TriggerAddCondition() now requires you to add (Condition()) around the "function funcname".

Old:
Code:
call TriggerAddCondition( gg_trg_LootTier1, function Trig_LootTier1_Conditions )
New:
Code:
call TriggerAddCondition( gg_trg_LootTier1, Condition( function Trig_LootTier1_Conditions ) )

That would break a lot of existing maps, wouldn't it?
Just like the 'return null' change, it should probably be reverted, if it breaks existing maps.
Most mapmakers aren't around to update their maps anymore, and we don't need another wave of players complaining about how Blizzard patches break the game.

Level 13
Looks like the editor is the only one who complains about the lack of Condition() or Filter() in boolexpr parameters. You can still play old maps that do not use them.

Nope. JassHelper was adding Condition() to my code. However, not even 1.27b accepts a map with code instead of boolexpr in a function which requires boolexpr.

Last edited:
Looks like the editor is the only one who complains about the lack of Condition() or Filter() in boolexpr parameters. You can still play old maps that do not use them.

Good. I remember reading that using code could cause desyncs when the game expects a boolexpr.

PJASS already warned about functions which don't return booleans for boolexprs so modern code should be fine.

Level 13
JASS:
constant native DecPlayerTechResearched         takes player whichPlayer, integer techid, integer levels returns nothing
If the level of a research is decreased, you have to keep track of it in order to increase its level again. Otherwise, the "Set current level of research" will have undesired effect.

• Initialization
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player - Set the current research level of Black Gunpowder to 3 for Player 1 (Red)
  • Decrease
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) skips a cinematic sequence
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Current research level of Black Gunpowder for Player 1 (Red)) Equal to 0
        • Then - Actions
          • -------- Set it back to level 3 --------
          • Player - Set the current research level of Black Gunpowder to (DecCounter + 3) for Player 1 (Red)
        • Else - Actions
          • Set DecCounter = (DecCounter + 1)
          • Custom script: call DecPlayerTechResearched(Player(0), 'Rhra', 1)
For example, if you set "Black Gunpowder" level to 3, and decrease it by 1 later. In order to set its level back to 3, you actually tell the function that you want it to be level 4.

Attachments

• decresearch.w3x
    17.9 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Wait you used to be able to do that?! I always thought one had to wrap a Condition or Filter around it...
PJASS already warned about functions which don't return booleans for boolexprs so modern code should be fine.
Hence I did not even know it was possible.
For example, if you set "Black Gunpowder" level to 3, and decrease it by 1 later. In order to set its level back to 3, you actually tell the function that you want it to be level 4.
Or in other words, decreasing ability level does not set the ability level state back down the levels.

Level 4
First of all, I love almost every change that's been done, there are a couple of things that bug me tho...

1. The Unit portrait is way too zoomed in, maybe it's just me being the 5 year old kid I was when I started playing...
  2. The camera is WAY TOO ZOOMED OUT, I can't see my units (ofc I'm exaggerating). I'd love an option that allows me to adjust it as I like, since I'm not a competitive player I'd like to see the characters' models, it helps with the immersion!
I'm not sure if it's the right place to write these things, I just wanted to point these things out, it helps the game to be more immersive and customizable.

LeP

LeP

Level 13
Do you have a map with such a script? Because there is a jasshelper feature which wraps function literals in Condition when in boolexpr context.

Good. I remember reading that using code could cause desyncs when the game expects a boolexpr.

Atleast my version of pjass did not warn about that anymore since it was deemed safe since some patch.

Level 14
First of all, I love almost every change that's been done, there are a couple of things that bug me tho...

1. The Unit portrait is way too zoomed in, maybe it's just me being the 5 year old kid I was when I started playing...
  2. The camera is WAY TOO ZOOMED OUT, I can't see my units (ofc I'm exaggerating). I'd love an option that allows me to adjust it as I like, since I'm not a competitive player I'd like to see the characters' models, it helps with the immersion!
I'm not sure if it's the right place to write these things, I just wanted to point these things out, it helps the game to be more immersive and customizable.
Well most of the maps tend to zoom the camera out, original camera is a bit close :v

Level 14
Here is how it looks like in 4:3, when i turn the aspect ratio fixed option off it doesnt change much, still looks terrible.....it doesnt look like this in 1.28.5 and earlier....
unknown.png

Edit: Also it seem i cannot play in original 4:3 anymore :(
I hope this gets fixed so i can play either in 16:9 or 4:3 if i like, now it's just 16:9 it seems(ingame).....
EDIT2: another thing.....while scrolling through alliance menu i cant drag the bar with my mouse and can only do it with scrolling when pointing at it. And every ticked option resets everytime i scroll. So if i ticket to share control with one play and scrolled up or down....it unticks everything that was ticked......
Also here ingame screen shot showing the resolution.. aswell.....all text is really blurred and difigured....
unknown.png

Last edited:
Here is how it looks like in 4:3, when i turn the aspect ratio fixed option off it doesnt change much, still looks terrible.....it doesnt look like this in 1.28.5 and earlier....

In that screenshot it shows you have not increased the resolution and it's at 1024x576 which is very low. I asked you earlier if you turned it up and you said yes but this screenshot shows otherwise.

Atleast my version of pjass did not warn about that anymore since it was deemed safe since some patch.

Sorry I was getting mixed up and thinking about the following code:

JASS:
function BoolexprTest takes nothing returns nothing // no boolean
endfunction

call TriggerAddCondition(t, Filter(function BoolexprTest)) // valid

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
It looks bad as you are only running it at 1024*576 pixels.

Turn off fixed aspect ratio, select Resolution pulldown and choose your display's native resolution. The result is super clean/smooth HD depending on your display capabilities.

Anyway your images do show a bug. It is reporting resolution as "1024x768x0" where it should actually be saying "1024x768x32" or "1024x768". This is purely a display error as Warcraft III was designed to support 16 bit colour as well as 32bit colour but modern OSes only support 32bit colour.

For wide screen resolutions the fixed aspect ratio flag must be off, otherwise it will only list 4:3 resolutions. Most consumer displays are 16:9 now so chances are you will want a wide screen resolution.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Imported textures above 256x256 dimension don't show up (models with these imported textures are black)
I assume you are using my Java BLP library to make this file? If not then its because of faulty BLP logic since everyone until recently got it wrong.

Attached is an example map showing off a 1920*1080 texture.

It is worth noting that BLP terrain textures that are 1920*1080 appear to crash. Tga ones do not. I am unsure of the reason behind this and have not done extensive testing.

Attachments

• BLP Test Map3.w3x
    935.5 KB · Views: 210
Last edited:
I assume you are using my Java BLP library to make this file? If not then its because of faulty BLP logic since everyone until recently got it wrong.

Attached is an example map showing off a 1920*1080 texture.

It is worth noting that BLP terrain textures that are 1920*1080 appear to crash. Tga ones do not. I am unsure of the reason behind this and have not done extensive testing.
OK, this map has given me more questions than answers. How do you even create a 1920x1080 BLP? The only way I know of and use is opening an image in BLPLab and converting, and it doesn't let me convert images whose dimensions aren't 2^n...
Maybe using BLPLab to make BLP files is causing the problem, but I don't know any other method.

Level 2
I have a diagonal (top left to bottom right) screen tearing issue that I didn't have in a normal version of Wacraft III. Anyone else having it?

EDIT: nvm, it's because the Windowed Borderless mode and my vcard has issues with that mode.

Last edited:
Level 8
My map crashes the moment a hunter spawns into the game (It does not crash the whole map, just the person that would be playing as a hunter disconnects). This was never an issue in 1.28 so i can 100% guarantee it's not a problem with my map but it's something to do with the patch. At first i tried with the 24 player version i made and it crashed. After that i looked through my triggers to see what could possibly be causing the crash but everything seemed to be in order, i than decided to try with the version of my map that worked in 1.28 and it still crashed which brings me to my verdict: The patch is breaking maps.

Here is the map: akaka's Prop Hunt 2.7

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
At first i tried with the 24 player version i made and it crashed. After that i looked through my triggers to see what could possibly be causing the crash but everything seemed to be in order, i than decided to try with the version of my map that worked in 1.28 and it still crashed which brings me to my verdict: The patch is breaking maps.
The unit this guy who crashes gets, does it use a custom model? They changed BLP loading behaviour so it is possible some textures can cause crashes.

Status
Not open for further replies.