• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Feedback] Compiled List of 1.30 / 1.29 Bugs & Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
- Loading screen not being displayed
- Terrain made with WEX is missing
- Multiboards are not being displayed properly
- Leaderboard are not being displayed properly
- Texttags are misplaced

And what is wrong with the resolutions...

Last edited:
Level 1
As i haven't seen it mentioned yet:

BlzSetItemTooltip
BlzSetItemExtendedTooltip
BlzSetAbilityTooltip
BlzSetAbilityExtendedTooltip

don't seem to work (at least for me), even though the first two were working in 1.28.5.

Level 13
  • Cancelling Timed Life kills heroes and units:

• Melee Initialization
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) Presses the Up Arrow key
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: apply
      • Unit - Add a 4.00 second Generic expiration timer to Paladin 0000 <gen>
      • Unit - Add a 4.00 second Generic expiration timer to Peasant 0001 <gen>
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) Presses the Down Arrow key
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: cancel
      • Unit - Cancel Timed Life for Paladin 0000 <gen>
      • Unit - Cancel Timed Life for Peasant 0001 <gen>
  • Mana bar stuck on screen:
This is not new tbh. It used to happen to health point bar in older versions of the game. Sometimes, a specific unit's mana bar gets duplicated, and the second one always gets stuck on your screen. You can't do anything to get rid of it while playing the game. I managed to reproduce this bug with ease. It seems if you move your cursor to any edge/border of war3's window while loading a map, and there's also, at least, 3 - 6 units with mana pool at your camera starting location, a mana bar from the last created unit with mana pool gets duplicated.
Additional Notes:
  1. I also managed to reproduce this with 3 paladins and a peasant.
  2. I placed a unit with no mana pool, because without it the game doesn't allow me to pan the camera right away with my mouse as soon as the game finishes loading.

• Timed Life UI rarely freezes:
When adding timed life to a unit, its bar sometimes doesn't get updated automatically. You have to re-select that unit in order to refresh their bar/UI. Even after re-selecting such unit, the bar will only get updated once again when re-selecting that unit. Also, this bug persists until you restart the map/mission.
This has happened around 5 times in less than 30 minutes while testing a map. Unfortunately, when the glitch/bug took place in the video, my recording software wasn't able to record the actual timed life bar, because another layer of the game got in front of it as soon as I applied timed life on both units. However, I myself couldn't see that second layer while in-game.​

Note: I'm not sure how to reproduce this. It simply happened once or twice while I was recording it, and writing the first part of this post.
  • WE Minor bug:
"Help -> Warcraft III World Editor Help..." button doesn't work, because the subfolder support doesn't exist anymore.

WEHIndex.png

Last edited:

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
@BloodSoul I've already left the rep with my comment on your awexomeness, so I won't say anything here, but just one question: how did you switch between team-colors so quickly!? In that one video of the WE where you placed a bunch of Priests, you made them all different Team-Colors, like, instantly! How did you get that done?

Level 13
@BloodSoul I've already left the rep with my comment on your awexomeness, so I won't say anything here, but just one question: how did you switch between team-colors so quickly!? In that one video of the WE where you placed a bunch of Priests, you made them all different Team-Colors, like, instantly! How did you get that done?

You can switch players by pressing the number row keys near the top of your keyboard. Also, - and = keys switch to player 11, and 12, respectively. [ and ] keys switch to neutral hostile, and neutral passive.
Those hotkeys are awesome, specially for changing a group of units owner.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
You can switch players by pressing the number row keys near the top of your keyboard. Also, - and = keys switch to player 11, and 12, respectively. [ and ] keys switch to neutral hostile, and neutral passive.
Those hotkeys are awesome, specially for changing a group of units owner.
The only thing wrong with the world is that I can't rep you again so fast. x/

Level 8
- Scoreboards still not displaying properly
- Leaderboards still not displaying properly
- TextTags still moving
- TimerDialog still broken (actually this is fine, the rest are misplaced)

Last edited:
Level 11
Had a strange crash just now; no idea how to reproduce or even if it was caused by the patch, but figured I'd mention.

I was playing a tower defense and tried to build a building. The shadow building and mouse cursor didn't show up on the screen when trying to place it. When clicking randomly (as I couldn't tell where it would end up being placed), the game immediately crashed.
It was a wisp type builder that was building a non-ancient building.

Level 1
I updated the main post to reflect the current status of patch 1.29.1.9160.

Please let me know if I missed anything.

Regarding Modding Bug #41: BlzSetItemDescription does work, although not for individual items, only for the whole item type.
The others I wrote (post #301) do not though, specifically BlzSetAbility(Extended)Tooltip which I don't see mentioned yet (or is it just me?).

Level 5
Regarding Modding Bug #41: BlzSetItemDescription does work, although not for individual items, only for the whole item type.
The others I wrote (post #301) do not though, specifically BlzSetAbility(Extended)Tooltip which I don't see mentioned yet (or is it just me?).

I can confirm there are definitely issues with these functions. They were not there during PTR for 1.29.0. I don't mind that they affect all items of the same type, I am not counting that as a bug. However, there are MAJOR BUGS.

So I haven't tested BlzSetAbilityExtendedTooltip extensively yet.

BUG #1
BlzSetItemExtendedTooltip 100% crashes my game when I use it with longish strings.

Here's an example:

This works fine. No crash.
JASS:
call BlzSetItemExtendedTooltip(tempItem,"|cff00ff00Crestfallen Hat|r|nCost: 330|nType: Helmet|n|nMana: +70|n4 to 10% c")

This causes a crash. It's only 3 characters longer. I got too lazy to see exactly how many characters it took to cause a crash.
JASS:
call BlzSetItemExtendedTooltip(tempItem,"|cff00ff00Crestfallen Hat|r|nCost: 330|nType: Helmet|n|nMana: +70|n4 to 10% chan")
Attached is a test map of the BlzSetItemExtendedTooltip crashing (should work in vanilla editor)

Also one time it didn't crash but this happened: Screenshot - e98b90eb022d8d7f1a331c1e4f2bee93 - Gyazo

Edit: Item tooltips aren't updating properly (in the inventory at least, haven't tested anything else).

BUG #2
Color codes do NOT work in this function: (Items displayed in a shop)
JASS:
BlzSetItemTooltip

Attachments

• Bug.w3m
    17.3 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
Level 11
Got a strange bug when being disconnected from a game. Screenshot included.

Potentially important things:
- I normally play at 1920x1080. 'Tis a widescreen resolution obviously that normally has the extended UI elements.
- The game was completely fine until the disconnect.
- Was playing via bnet with the latest patch as of now (1.29.1).
- The disconnect occurred via either a bot kick command or a bot unhost command; I'm unsure which (the game stalemated and the host was going to remake).

Attachments

• screenstretchbug.png
    screenstretchbug.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 221
Last edited:

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 25
Got a strange bug when being disconnected from a game. Screenshot included.

Potentially important things:
- I normally play at 1920x1080. 'Tis a widescreen resolution obviously that normally has the extended UI elements.
- The game was completely fine until the disconnect.
- Was playing via bnet with the latest patch as of now (1.29.1).
- The disconnect occurred via either a bot kick command or a bot unhost command; I'm unsure which (the game stalemated and the host was going to remake).
This weird bug happened to me when I was disconnected, but I was disconnected because of a desync, actually 2 desyncs in a row from different games, that never happened to me before in those maps, probably must be some imported files in the first map i played that screwed me after.

Level 19
  • Mana bar stuck on screen:
This is not new tbh. It used to happen to health point bar in older versions of the game. Sometimes, a specific unit's mana bar gets duplicated, and the second one always gets stuck on your screen. You can't do anything to get rid of it while playing the game. I managed to reproduce this bug with ease. It seems if you move your cursor to any edge/border of war3's window while loading a map, and there's also, at least, 3 - 6 units with mana pool at your camera starting location, a mana bar from the last created unit with mana pool gets duplicated.
Additional Notes:
  1. I also managed to reproduce this with 3 paladins and a peasant.
  2. I placed a unit with no mana pool, because without it the game doesn't allow me to pan the camera right away with my mouse as soon as the game finishes loading.
can confirm thats the same bug with HP bars from the past.
To repro: have at least 1 unit in field of view, best if playing windowed more (easier)
Make sure unit is visible and bar is displayed, then move mouse to ur window's bottom panel (or top panel, whichever you chose)
When mouse will reach wc3's window border, it will start to scroll, and at the very same time you have to click onto wc3's icon to minimize it. It could be tricky as unit must get out of ur field of view the very same time.
Anyway, now it's known

If you have a custom campaign that has "Variable Difficulty Levels" checked in the campaign editor, and then you start the campaign and choose the game difficulty in the difficulty picker that appears under the file menu, it results the difficulty being set only for the first map you play in the campaign. It will reset to Normal for other maps. This bug was reported by Urim03 for GnollCampaign-C1R1.w3n on patch 1.29.0:
Gnoll Campaign

I already updated the Gnoll Campaign to a newer version but you can download the old version of the campaign from gnollcampaign.com:
http://gnollcampaign.com/files/releases/C1R1/windows/GnollCampaign-C1R1-Win.zip

So if you choose the Hard difficulty but watch the cinematic trailer first, you end up playing Chapter 1 in the normal difficulty.
You can see this in creep hit points. On Normal they are 100% normal value and on Hard 150%. For example, the level 1 crabs have 240 hp on Normal and 360 hp on Hard.

Level 20
If you have a custom campaign that has "Variable Difficulty Levels" checked in the campaign editor, and then you start the campaign and choose the game difficulty in the difficulty picker that appears under the file menu, it results the difficulty being set only for the first map you play in the campaign. It will reset to Normal for other maps. This bug was reported by Urim03 for GnollCampaign-C1R1.w3n on patch 1.29.0:
Gnoll Campaign

I already updated the Gnoll Campaign to a newer version but you can download the old version of the campaign from gnollcampaign.com:
http://gnollcampaign.com/files/releases/C1R1/windows/GnollCampaign-C1R1-Win.zip

So if you choose the Hard difficulty but watch the cinematic trailer first, you end up playing Chapter 1 in the normal difficulty.
You can see this in creep hit points. On Normal they are 100% normal value and on Hard 150%. For example, the level 1 crabs have 240 hp on Normal and 360 hp on Hard.
That's actually been true for the entire lifetime of Warcraft 3.

If it ever worked it was the anomaly. 9/10 times Variable Difficulty Levels only works for the first map you play after you set it.

Level 12
Found a typo in TriggerData.txt related to the new natives:

Lines 2437 to 2439:
Code:
OperatorCompareMouseButton=1,mousebuttontype,EqualNotEqualOperator,mousebuttontype
_OperatorCompareMouseButton_Defaults=BlzGetTriggerPlayerMouseButton,OperatorEqualENE,MouseButtonTypeLeft
_OperatorCompareMouseButton_Categroy=TC_CONDITION

Line 2439: .... Button_Categroy ....

Category is misspelt as Categroy. I wonder how that happened?

Level 12
Items not having collision was done on purpose due to the issue of item jumping in matches although i think they should instead teleport the units back to their previous positions when item jumping and keep collision because now that item jumping is fixed ward jumping is a thing

EDIT*

Also ank jumping to when a unit dies with an ank and other units stand on top of the dead unit before it respawns the respawning unit can jump walls and tree lines.

jumping is an issue that blizzard has to fix in total instead of trying quick fixes.

Level 5
Good lord, if the item collision thing really is intended then they could have at least added a Gameplay Constants boolean for this. My map is severely impacted by this.
I agree with you that Blizzard has done a sloppy job regarding handling the item jumping issue.

Level 12
That's probably not intentional; It might even break some maps, and it looks really ugly seeing multiple items on top of one another. Otherwise, they would have mentioned it in the latest changelog.

well i was the one that reported the item jumping issue and sent videos of me item jumping into them and the response email i got in return said the issue would be taken care of thats the only reason i think it was on purpose but if it was not intentional then i would hope they have the full fix coming soon in the future.

EDIT*

like i said still many other ways of jumping that still needs to be fixed also all of which teleport you so all they would have to do is return teleporting unit back to its previous position.

EDIT2*

exactly why it needs to be fixed right here;

Last edited:
Level 11
Teleporting units back isn't always feasible. Also jumping like this is really only relevant and worth their attention if it's possible in melee; custom maps have a myriad of ways to deal with it, so consistency is important. In fact I made a map centered around jumping (via buildings, not items, but still) and it'd be lame if that was somehow ruined.

Level 12
Teleporting units back isn't always feasible. Also jumping like this is really only relevant and worth their attention if it's possible in melee; custom maps have a myriad of ways to deal with it, so consistency is important. In fact I made a map centered around jumping (via buildings, not items, but still) and it'd be lame if that was somehow ruined.

well on youtube you can see theres a competitive match were a user uses item jump to move units over a tree line behind an enemies base clearly giving him the advantage over the unknowing individual.

and that was a ranked match that counts towards your total score so something has to be done whether old maps are broken or not thats the only way the game will progress and get better

Level 1
This seemed to be the place which blizzard monitors the most.
1.29.1 messed up my keyboard.
So i thought id check the patch but when i updated my game , it messed up my keyboard inputs .
So now whenever i typed in lobby or ingame for example 1 , it shows 81 and so on.
Only happens with numbers.This seemed to be the place which blizzard monitors the most.

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 25
One of the most annoying issues is when you are in a lobby of a game and you click anywhere on the rectangle of the teams and players it will remove that line thing (don't know the proper name, but it's the line that flashes and disappears repeatedly - text cursor) from chat which means you aren't able to type and if you press "a" it will look like you left the lobby.
Also when you click on the teams name to swap colour it will move your cursor off to the black sided margins.
Also in chat if you rightclick on someone's name and select for example whisper/whois option you will have your text cursor removed not being able to type.
You can't also set the text cursor position with mouse properly.

WC3ScrnShot_050218_164749_01.png

• These models are not in the MPQ, even though they should be, as they are unused models (according to the Hidden Resources in the World Editor tutorial)
  • "Get Hero proper name" is not working properly
  • "Set Camera field" is not working properly
  • Selecting a different color in Custom Game lobby still tries to reset your color to Red
  • Also 1.29.2 also broke anti-aliasing support for the AMD Graphics Control Panel (Catalyst?)

Last edited:

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 25
A friend of mine told me that the invite command (invite people to clans) is broken...
Is it necessary for every patch update to break more stuff? I prefer not to have updates monthly or every 3 months than coming each time and create bugs or break more stuff...

Level 2
EVENT_UNIT_SUMMON doesn't populate GetSummonedUnit() like it is supposed to.

vJASS:
function Trig_test_Actions takes nothing returns nothing
    call DisplayTimedTextToForce( GetPlayersAll(), 30, I2S(GetUnitTypeId(GetSummonedUnit())) )
endfunction

function InitTrig_test takes nothing returns nothing
    set gg_trg_test = CreateTrigger(  )
    call TriggerRegisterUnitEvent( gg_trg_test, gg_unit_Hamg_0000, EVENT_UNIT_SUMMON )
    call TriggerAddAction( gg_trg_test, function Trig_test_Actions )
endfunction
This trigger prints out the correct unit ID in 1.28 but prints out 0 in 1.29.

Example map:

Attachments

• test-summon.w3m
    17 KB · Views: 160
Level 3
Seems like, if player research in-game, lets say "some upgrade" to Level 4, and later you will SetPlayerTechResearchedSwap this "some upgrade" to level 3, it will actually decrease this "some upgrade" to Level 3, and the best one: player can't research the 4th Level of this "some upgrade" he loses his resources, game says "The upgrade is complete", but it doesnt makes into 4th level.
Hope it will be fixed soon

upload_2018-5-5_18-45-9.png

Odd thing about the World Editor itself is that such option either doesn't exist or is very difficult to find in the Preferences dialog, unless I'm missing something.

Anyway, the solution should be quite simple, renaming the executable file to the requested name or modifying some things in the registry editor, the former which by my experience is trusty enough to work and the latter in which I do not have enough expertise or knowledge to safely say it works.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Anyway, the solution should be quite simple, renaming the executable file to the requested name or modifying some things in the registry editor, the former which by my experience is trusty enough to work and the latter in which I do not have enough expertise or knowledge to safely say it works.
Warcraft III.exe should be there in the game's directory/folder.

Level 3
EVENT_PLAYER_MOUSE_MOVE currently triggers several times simultaneously (although correctly) only a few instances each second instead of intuitively firing 32 times a second.

Not so sure if that was changed recently or it was allways buggy that way:
Abilty tooltips which are empty loadup Tooltips of previous levels which are not empty. But for some reasons, if the ability has on default a tooltip on that level and one removes the tooltip it does not load tooltips of previous levels.

The test map contains a holy light spell and a stormhammer spell which are added to 6 generated paladins with level 1 to level 6.

Edit: for Stormhammer all tooltips get proably loaded from tooltip level 1.
Holy light Level 2 does not loadup Level 1, although its empty. Level 3 has a written tooltip. Level 4 to 6 loapup level 3.

Attachments

• Test tooltip Loadup.w3x
    17.4 KB · Views: 105
  • holy Light.jpg
    holy Light.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 106
  • Stormhammer.jpg
    Stormhammer.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
Level 5
sometimes BlzSetItemExtendedTooltip can't add more than 128 char string it will freeze the game. :(

It's on the bug list at #45. Hopefully they fix it for 1.29.3, because it wasn't broken in 1.29.0 or 1.29.1 so all the maps that made use of the new tooltip natives 100% crash now.

Edit: It also causes crashes if you use it too many times with different strings on different item types. Even if the strings are all under 120 characters. It works a few times, then crashes.

Last edited:
Level 13
Even though Blizzard stated that they fixed the text tag offset in widescreen, it's still not exactly aligned like in older versions.

By the way:
- 1.27b was running at 1280 x 960 (4:3). Running it at 1920 x 1080 (stretched widescreen) doesn't displace text-tags or anything else.
- 1.29.2 was running at 1920 x 1080 (16:9). However, I believe Blizzard's intention is to preserve the original game proportions.
Untitled-5.png

If you run 1.29.2 at 1280 x 960 (4:3), the text-tag is placed the same way as in older versions.
Untitled-2.png

Last edited:
Even though Blizzard stated that they fixed the text tag offset in widescreen, it's still not exactly aligned like in older versions.

By the way:
- 1.27b was running at 1280 x 960 (4:3). Running it at 1920 x 1080 (stretched widescreen) doesn't displace text-tags or anything else.
- 1.29.2 was running at 1920 x 1080 (16:9). However, I believe Blizzard's intention is to preserve the original game proportions.
View attachment 297833

If you run 1.29.2 at 1280 x 960 (4:3), the text-tag is placed the same way as in older versions.
View attachment 297834
How do you display an icon in text tag :O

Status
Not open for further replies.