• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

1.29 Compatibility Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Hi guys, sorry for this silly question.

I was just wondering if the non compatibility of maps saved with 1.29 + editor are related to the specific 1.29 features or just for the editor itself.

I ask this because after reading through many posts here and on the maps section, I was under the impression that the 1.29 editor will create incompatibility issues just by saving a map with it.

However, after seeing some people being able to play a map saved with the 1.29 editor on a lower version, I now have doubts.

The Lonely Nightstar

One user said he was able to play the map with 1.28. I have been reading on this issue on the forum, but since I do not know what features the maps I read about use (if they use 1.29 features or not when saving), I cannot deduce from other people's experiences what is causing the incompatibility.

So basically I just want to know if I should still say : "1.29 required" even though no 1.29 feature is used, its just a conversion that is saved with the 1.29 editor.

Sorry if the answer is easily available, other people have written their experiences but I do not know what features they are using in their maps.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.