• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Is 1.31.1 editor safe to work with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Okay so...I was thinking of starting a new map project, but after the 1.31.1 editor broke my last map, causing unit events and triggers not to be recognized after loading a saved file, Also stopping sounds from working and messing with the doodads, I'm wondering if I should stick to 1.29?

It's beyond frustrating, as I'm not sure if blizzard will fix these bugs in a new patch ,or if there ever will be a new one....But i'm really eager to work on something new :p

So....Is the 1.31.1 editor safe to work with? Or should I wait for a new patch, stick with the 1.29? ugg.. XD

I'm also kinda wondering if my last map broke because I went from using the 1.29, then switched over to 1.31.1......

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
They will surely fix it because otherwise people will have issues playing custom maps and not only. I'm not sure how this affects the original campaigns for instance.

I'd wait for the fix. If it comes, you could always stick to 1.29 but that would mean no Reforged. I mean Reforged could play those maps but you would not be able to have 1.29 and use Reforged.

Level 7
You can use 1.30.4 though, that's what I have. But I as you, don't trust 1.31. I will probably just wait for reforged to come and then go from there. It's a pity not being able to use all the new cool stuff but yea, I'd rather keep my map :D

Status
Not open for further replies.