1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  11. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

The Lonely Nightstar

Submitted by Flower Fairy, tulee
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.

[​IMG]

Important
This campaign was made by Flower Fairy. She is the author of this campaign. The campaign is being posted on HiveWorkShop on her behalf with her express permission.

The campaign was originally posted here:

花季的阴影V2.0 - 自定义战役系列地图讨论区 - 游久社区 - bbs.uuu9.com

Permission From Author
[​IMG]

The Lonely Nightstar
This campaign tells the story of Maiev and the Night Elves' fight for freedom against the various factions that seek to oppose them. The campaign is comprised of 11 playable missions and 9 cinematic missions, and follows the style of the Blizzard campaign with RTS-style missions as well as RPG-style missions.

Due to the conversion tool used to convert the campaign to the standard world editor, it is recommended to play the campaign using the most recent patch.

List of Flower Fairy's Campaigns

1. The Lonely Nightstar
2. Of Crimson Tides
3. Evil Resurgent
4. A Song of Dream Chasing

Characters
[​IMG] Maiev: The main character of the campaign, and the leader of the fugitives. She was once a boy, but for unknown reasons she had her friend He Xiaoshu change her into a girl. No one else knew she changed into a girl besides He Xiaoshu. Everyone else still thought she was a boy, including her romantic admirer Jaina. Maiev is cold, elegant and independent. She has a sense of righteousness and yearns freedom. When Jaina sacrifices herself for her, she gives her emotions away to Valkyire in order to revive Jaina. Her pain while staying in Lordaeron compelled her to feel the shadow of death during her wonderful youth. For this, she thirsts for vengeance more than at any other time, even to the extent that she has no scruples taking advantage of her allies. In the end, after being alienated from everyone, she persists in her vengeance and goes through the completely unknown portal.
[​IMG] Jaina: A child who has had a tough life. She lost her parents when she was very young, and is in love with Maiev. In order to gain her acceptance, Jaina even sacrifices her own life. Even though she is ultimately revived by Valkyire, she chooses to stop following Maiev. She knows she will feel guilty for a long time...
[​IMG] Malfurion: An old friend of Maiev's who flees Lordaeron with her. He is very loyal to Maiev, but in the end he chose to not help her along with everyone else. This caused Maiev to become angry with shame, and she cut off relations with Malfurion.
[​IMG] Shandris: A highly skilled ranger who is tough and suspicious. She is Tyrande's and Jaina's friend. She knows that the sacrifices that arise from Maiev's vengeance are foolish. It is she who convinces Tyrande to abandon Maiev.
[​IMG] Illidan: An old friend of Maiev's who was cursed along with his followers upon the arrival of Balnazzar and Mannoroth. He swore to make them pay for what they did. In the end, he abandoned the endless chase, and cut off relations with Maiev.
[​IMG]
Tyrande: A cowardly leader who commands Ashenvale to resist the lordaeron undead invasion while the leader of Ashenvale is absent. In the end, she chooses to preserve her remaining warriors, which causes her to have a falling out with the vengeance-seeking Maiev.

Screenshots
Click to show
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

Credits
Click to show

Message from Flower Fairy (creator): This campaign takes some inspiration from Tomoraider and Sclammerz.

These are the hiveworkshop resources in use, based on the automatic credit generator:
Resources in Use by The Lonely Nightstar | HIVE

Bymighty, Rightfield, Kuhneghetz, General Frank, Darky29, frostwolf, jetfanginferno, vile, Lord_T, BloodY_turds, donut3.5, infrenus, kitabatake, assasin_lord, shadow_killer, thrikodius, supertoinkz, sellensiko, -grendel, power, hexus, Wandering Soul, Kellym0, jesushipster, Andrewoverload519, ebuz, john_drake, nightskyaurora, kangyun, matiS, Krysis, darkholme, 67chrome, Daenar7, Blizzard Entertainment, Kyzerdrood32, darkfang, crazyrussian, cloudwolf, palaslayer, hellx-magnus, orthon, Peekay, zbc, nelsonlaje, heinvers, blazecraze, the panda,

Special Thanks
Click to show

Message from Flower Fairy (creator): This campaign takes some inspiration from Tomoraider and Sclammerz.

These people helped in various ways in bringing the campaign to hiveworkshop.
Ghostwolf- YDWE conversion tool, Wareditor + Quinten- map description title picture, Deepstrasz- various things, Naruto- helping contact the author, Tuwnew- map template.

Change Log
Click to show

H-Soy-v0.01- Initial Upload
H-Soy-v0.02- (chapter 1) strange dog unit name translated, bandit name translations fixed, circle for bomb name translated, main quest message translated. (chapter 3) Undead Necromancer named translated, double optional quest fixed
H-Soy-v0.03 tidal market + naga royal guard tooltip, map05 orange's armour reduction aura buff tooltip, map05 green abomination boss name, map06 interlude "Our Goals", map09 "shatter Archimonde's", map10 Satyr boss sound bites, map11 abomination unit in second undead group encountered name, "build troll hut", Rokhan " you will breathe", map12 "cold polar region", map13 Gazlowe "yeah", map13 Goblin acid bomb tooltip, map14 "place them (land mines)", map14 invulnerability potion tooltip,
H-Soy-v0.04 keeper "blood cry" debuff, sylvanas + muradin remaining item tooltip +name, map17 village leader name, fel orc crossbowman name, infernal machine name, black mouse name,
map18, orb of vengeance without blink toolip, easter egg rune stat boost included tooltip, fel orc shaman + elite frosty wyrm + kazzak +abomination name, lok tar/life for life line swap,
H-Soy-v0.05 Two preplaced shadow troll priests removed and the unit itself removed from tech tree on map 11 (temporarily, it causes auto crash to warcraft 3)

Contents

The Lonely Nightstar (Campaign)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Indeed, part of the Warcraft III story has been badly altered but by no means does this campaign deserve 1 star. It has gameplay value. Not only is it unfair disdain but it is not even criticism, it's unjust accusation. You have provided no arguments...
  1. tulee

tulee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Just to remind you all: The author of this campaign is 我是花仙魔法使 (flower fairy). The campaign is posted on hiveworkshop on her behalf with her express permission.
    The campaign was originally posted here:

花季的阴影V2.0 - 自定义战役系列地图讨论区 - 游久社区 - bbs.uuu9.com

Permission From Author
    [​IMG]

This is the first campaign (hopefully) of many translations of campaigns from the Chinese warcraft 3 community. Hopefully we can "give back" in the sense that by sharing many campaigns from their community, it will inspire Hiveworkshop creators to make more campaigns, and then the chinese community can play those campaigns when the Chinese translators bring Hive campaigns to their community (so in this way, they can benefit also).

The 20th mission, which is the "afternote", is intentionally unplayable.

Finally, it is strongly recommended to use some kind of method to moisturize your eyes before playing this, because if you blink during any of the cinematic scenes, you might miss all the dialogue.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
  2. Daffa the Mage

Daffa the Mage

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Say what now?

Anyway, I'm glad there are some big feedback between chinese and english modding community. Hopefully we cane have our campaign here translated to chinese in exchange as well.

3. pleasancer benediction

pleasancer benediction

Resources:
    Resources:
    HEYYYYYY!!! Glad you could revive this campaign^^

4. yxq1122

yxq1122

Resources:
    Resources:
    This campaign is very famous in china. I played it years ago, and was impressed with it.
    Glad to see it here.

5. KeK.

KeK.

Resources:
    Resources:
    Good to have more foreign stuff on Hive :thumbs_up:

I never knew about the unrequited love between Jaina and Maiev or Maiev really being a boy all this time. My head hurts...gonna go lie down now.

6. Mechanical Man

Mechanical Man

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    is this that campaign it was deleted like a year ago on this site?

7. Daffa the Mage

Daffa the Mage

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Now that it's mentioned, I think it was. Might've improved a lot in the span of a year.

8. WarcraftLiterature

WarcraftLiterature

Resources:
    Resources:
    The story screams pure anime. It's a little bit of cultural exchange, that would explained why I am a little baffled by the story. The gameplay in of it's self feels like it's made for more hardcore players(or maybe I got worse at the game than I should have, DAMN YOU BLACK FLAG!). But I can see the enjoyment of this for somebody that wants a challenge and that finds this kind of story interesting. From high school drama-ish to fantasy in overdrive! The terrain looks good for what I played until now, the bandits have no name on them in the first chapter, maybe it's because of the transaltion or because of tool used to convert the file. It's an interesting experience.

9. Wark

Wark

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I have something interesting to offer on this respect.
    No joke on my signature, I work as an English teacher for EF international, and have taught many a Chinese student online.

If the author of this map (or anyone else who speaks Russian, German, French, Portuguese, Spanish, Malaysian, Indonesian, Mandarin or Japanese) wants help with translating or context, I'd be happy to oblige.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
  10. Accelerator12

Accelerator12

Resources:
    Resources:
    so i think this campaign can make us lovely

11. neoser

neoser

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm gonna download it now and gonna play it after. :)

12. Ner'zull

Ner'zull

Resources:
    Resources:
    I don't understand why the story of this campaign related to warcraft universe. And by "related" i mean "butchered". Oh well.
    If it was an independent story, I would gladly play it through.

13. cleavinghammer

cleavinghammer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Intro: Er... What's with the demons? Are they teaching the class?
    Maiev should have a male appearance before the change.

First mission:
    The Main Quest message doesn't display anything other than "-". It shows up fine in the quest log.
    The bandit hero's name and the zergling are also blank.
    The fact that the northern bases are invulnerable should be mentioned. Also they occasionally send far too many troops.
    Is there supposed to be an attack at the place you get the ledger? Nothing happened when I picked it up.
    The Storm Hammer and Holy Staff don't show their cooldowns.

Third mission:
    For the mission's name, "extraction" might be a better term than extrication.
    Not sure what "mother school" is.
    The same sidequest appears twice in the quest log.

As has been mentioned, I don't see why this is set on Azeroth, it would work perfectly well in an independent setting. It would actually work better, because then there wouldn't be the issue of characters not acting according to their original personalities or the unexplained appearance of Chinese-named characters.

And yes, the dialogue length could use some adapting.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
  14. bdbxwz

bdbxwz

Resources:
    Resources:
    In the original Chinese version of this campaign each character was given a Chinese name, for example the one use the model of Maiev was named as Guo Huanqi.And it didn't mention Lordaeron at all. I suppose maybe in order to make people who speak English understand it easier, the translator changed the names.

15. neoser

neoser

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'd have to agree with @Ner'zull . Sorry.

16. cleavinghammer

cleavinghammer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Works on 1.28 (or did before today's version).
    When loading saved games, maps have no name or description.

Third mission:
    Tidal Market and Royal Guard have no tooltips.
    Attack waves often come in at the same time.
    The orange hero has no name (this has apparently been updated).
    Whatever the buff/aura is that keeps you at 0 mana, it both has no tooltip and needs a serious nerf. The level is plenty hard enough without resources.

17. tulee

tulee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I do not think you two are familiar with the rating system on Hiveworkshop. You are welcome to vote 1/5 if you think it deserves that score, but you need to provide a well-thought-out explanation for your score.

Otherwise, you are just misleading future players who read the comments in order to gain insight into the quality of the campaign, which is unfair to the campaign creator (Flower Fairy).

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
  18. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Indeed, part of the Warcraft III story has been badly altered but by no means does this campaign deserve 1 star. It has gameplay value.
    Not only is it unfair disdain but it is not even criticism, it's unjust accusation. You have provided no arguments whatsoever except senseless tact. How is one to learn from your inconsiderate one liners?

My review from an earlier upload (last year by a non-authorized user):
    Approved.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
  19. cleavinghammer

cleavinghammer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Third level:
    Green abomination boss has no name.
    The whole level seems unplayable from the start. Attack waves come in at the same time, the only source of healing is in the enemy base, and they send four carrion swarmers at a time with full upgrades just for that final touch of "fuck you personally".

Interlude:
    "most complacent student" I think you mean competent? And even then it's not much of a compliment, maybe "you were our finest student".

Fourth level:
    One of the centaur khan's tents is Neutral Hostile.
    The demon foot prints in the northwest corner don't point in the direction they're moving.
    Terrain is too flat.

Interlude:
    "Are goals" -> "Our goals"

Fifth level:
    When seen from the back, several parts of the big moon well doodad are invisible.