• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Of Crimson Tides

full

Important
Important
This campaign was made by Flower Fairy. She is the author of this campaign. The campaign is being posted on HiveWorkShop on her behalf with her express permission.

The campaign was originally posted here:

血色征程完整版! - 自定义战役系列地图讨论区 - 游久社区 - bbs.uuu9.com

full

Of Crimson Tides
Of Crimson Tides
This campaign follows He Xiaoshu and the blood elves. This campaign is comprised of 11 playable missions and 9 cinematic missions, and follows the style of the Blizzard campaign with RTS-style missions as well as RPG-style missions.

Due to the conversion tool used to convert the campaign to the standard world editor, it is recommended to play the campaign using the most recent patch.

List of Flower Fairy's Campaigns
List of Flower Fairy's Campaigns

Characters

full
He Xiaoshu: The main character of the campaign. Even though she had an unhappy childhood, she relied on her optimism and hard work to eventually became the deputy president of Dalaran. She is a pacifist who draws a clear line between what she likes and doesn't like, and knows right from wrong. She is also a competent leader. This time, however, she and her allies will face an unprecedented crisis...

full
Thrall: The warchief of the horde, he is always thinking about his people's future, and even makes sacrifices for them. He was saved by He Xiaoshu during an outing. He realizes that in order to give his people lasting peace, sacrifices must be made--- allying himself with the foreign blood elves.

full
Lor'themar Theron: Once a nameless rogue swordsman, he was able to become a battle mage of Dalaran after the Dalaran president took a liking to him. As such, he is often blindly loyal to the president and has no views of his own. After witnessing the president's betrayal, he realizes who is the true leader of Dalaran.

full
Maiev: She is a consistently arrogant avenger. She once used her allies to achieve her revenge without scruples, leading to everyone becoming alienated from her in the end. With new allies this time, will she treat them as she did her old allies? Valkyire said that her only goal in life was revenge. What meaning will her life hold once her revenge is accomplished?

full
Akama: Once a general of the draenei, after being afflicted by a demonic curse and being forced to become the demons' slave, he and his followers declared themselves The Broken. After being persuaded by He Xiaoshu, his lost heart finally found a shore to stop at. He leads his forces to help He Xiaoshu break out of prison and joins her ranks.

full
Yrel: She is the commander of the draenei. After witnessing the sacrifice her mentor A'dal made, she understands she is the last guardian of the light. She follows He Xiaoshu to the black citadel with the intent of making the demons pay in blood.

Screenshots
full
full
full
full
full
full
full
full
full
full
full
full

Credits

Message from Flower Fairy (creator): This campaign takes some inspiration from Tomoraider and Sclammerz.

These are the hiveworkshop resources in use, based on the automatic credit generator:
Resources in Use by Of Crimson Tides | HIVE

Bymighty, rightfield, miseracord, will the almighty, daelin, kuhneghetz, general frank, norinrad, epion, jetfanginferno, kitabatake, callahan, splashy5, dojo, lord_t, demon boy, bloody_turds, infrenus, dickxunder, champara bros, hawkwing, assasin_lord, hanza-ru, mephestrial, quech, noypi, thrikodius, supertoinkz, cavman, sellenisko, just_spectating, rama462, proxy, -grendel, peekay, sin'dorei300, wandering soul, power, shyrony, whitedeath, jesushipster, ujimasa hojo, andrewoverload519, eubz, nightskyaurora, kimbo, whitewolf8, kangyun, reflex, horusrogue, darkholme, frlky, 67chrome, daenar7, mc !, link_iceblader, kyzerdrood32, darkfang, crazyrussian, cloudwolf, viiva, bigapple90, mr,goblin, palaslayer, inhuman89, nfwar, hellx-magnus, orthon, m0rbid, zbc, nelsonlaje, marcos DAB, heinvers, ~nightmare, solu9, edge45, murlocologist, ghostthruster,

Special Thanks

Message from Flower Fairy (creator): This campaign takes some inspiration from Tomoraider and Sclammerz.

These people helped in various ways in bringing the campaign to hiveworkshop.
Ghostwolf- YDWE conversion tool, Wareditor + Quinten- map description title picture, Deepstrasz- various things, Naruto- helping contact the author, Tuwnew- map template.

Change Log

H-Oct-v0.02- Initial Upload

H-Oct-v0.03- All missions locked, swordsman tooltip, ballista tooplist, barracks/sanctum/archer/sorceress/dragonhawk nest full-stop added, farm name, you "are" dad's..., Out of Touch-- Non-Responding, villager "leader", "task is to destroy"
H-Oct-v0.05- mission 2 you are- your,vereesa name fixed, genn howl of terror name, summoned thing- summoned unit, evil archer- fel crossbowman, dark shaman tooltip spells, claw of shaman reduced description length so can display, giant abomination name, necromancer boss name, zepplin parts tooltip/name, mission 4 "search for dreadlord- main quest, flame fantasy- fire fantasy, mission 4 give back to them also- give back to them as well, mission 4 jubei'thos line fixed somewhat, (dungeon interlude)- execute them after three days (without immediately), transmit-put, mission 5- city of dranei brethren- city of draenei, out of the inferno - main quest, who are they- who are these people, dark shadow name transmissions fixed, magic suppression debuff toolip + name, aethalas healing wave + tranquility toolip/name, vereesa marksmanship/starfall tooltip/name
H-Oct-v0.06- map11 boss message fixed, antonidas speech lines slight correction, holy priest + holy witch spell tooltip, map12 patchwerk name, sewed-together, final line by jubei'thos corrected, map13 capital letters "Black Citadel",map14 "break free", gemstone "Dalaran" name fixed.
H-Oct-v0.08- Seer adept training- banish, salamander "lightning", catapult name + tooltip, fel orc catapult buff name + tooltip, "Grom must not die", "scum", tyke- boy, "I never liked you", "In the Black Citadel in northern Outland", "scum", "from", "orders", "The responsibility they have taken on, revenge and their righteous cause", removed 1 "stubbornly", greater heal- heal, flame strike- breath of fire, "An unsettling aura is emanating from...", "only part of our army", Mannoroth lines matched, "power of the elements is", Kil'jaeden name added for line missing it, "shrine",
H-Oct-v0.09- All campaign buttons unhidden from start, since from mission 5 onwards there are not unhidden.

H-OCT-v0.552 - reverted to 0.06 to avoid corruption on AI, corrected all language/ grammar changes from 0.08 and 0.09, at the author's request (flower Fairy) censored some writing on the items and afternote regarding "Lucky Skk"

Contents

Of Crimson Tides (Campaign)

Reviews
cleavinghammer
Well no, the model doesn't use a crossbow either, they just move their arm like they're throwing things. Admittedly, "Fel Thrower" isn't much of a name either. General: Worgen Prophet's Hex and Devour Magic should switch positions. Flying Machines...
cleavinghammer
As in, you've been given control of all four races and techtrees throughout the campaign, which one would you like to finish it with? Update (finished it): I gotta say, I don't get the title. I thought it might be referring to the fel orcs, but the...
deepstrasz
Changes made... Approved. (whole review here: Of Crimson Tides)
Level 23
Just to remind you all: The author of this campaign is 我是花仙魔法使 (flower fairy). The campaign is posted on hiveworkshop on her behalf with her express permission.
The campaign was originally posted here:

血色征程完整版! - 自定义战役系列地图讨论区 - 游久社区 - bbs.uuu9.com

full

This is a campaign from the Chinese warcraft 3 community. Hopefully we can "give back" in the sense that by sharing many campaigns from their community, it will inspire Hiveworkshop creators to make more campaigns, and then the chinese community can play those campaigns when the Chinese translators bring Hive campaigns to their community (so in this way, they can benefit also).

Finally, it is strongly recommended to use some kind of method to moisturize your eyes before playing this, because if you blink during any of the cinematic scenes, you might miss all the dialogue.

Message from Flower Fairy:

When I was still a primary school student, I would often fantasize about making my own map. When I was in my first year of middle school (2014), I was influenced by older creators such as Tomoraider and Turnro, and my plan of making my own campaign became firmer. In 2015 (my second year of middle school), I began the slow process of making a custom campaign. Even though during my self-study period in 2014 I made a few crude Azeroth fanfiction maps (Like the Forsaken v Scarlet Crusade + Burning Legion, Uther’s son, who followed Jaina, leading Humanity to retake Lordaeron), I still wish for my campaigns to be based on an adapted Warcraft Universe, as in this way I could integrate more personal ideas. This is how I came to make custom campaigns.

In 2018, a player called Tulee wanted to translate custom campaigns from the Uuu9 website over to hiveworkshop. I knew about hiveworkshop. It was a war3 website favoured by map makers. For this, I actively signed my campaigns up to be translated. But I must admit, the four campaigns up until now have more or less contained some detail issues. In addition, when initially making campaigns I did not plan to set up cinematic skip triggers (in my opinion this is the core issue with the first four campaigns), since many players have been troubled by this. But after knowing players’ comments, I do not think my campaigns are terrible. Some players even like them greatly. This invigorates me.

But the most prominent comments concern the names of the characters. I realize I must express my personal view on this matter.

Tulee is not the first person to translate my campaign. Before him, a player translated my first campaign for me and posted it on hiveworkshop. It was only after she finished the translation that she informed me that she had changed many of the character names in my campaign to names of characters in the Azeroth Universe. She had edited some models and icons, and had even changed my campaign’s name from “Shadow of Youth” to “The Lonely Nightstar”. But at the time, I was good friends with that player. I knew translating a campaign was difficult, so I agreed with her idea. Later, due to various reasons, the initial “The Lonely Nightstar” was forcibly removed. I am not very clear on what happened at the time, but there were still many players who had played my campaign.

I have practically never seen a campaign where the characters’ names were altered. I think this is very rash, and really don’t like this. This is also why I hoped Tulee would still translate some names of characters and places into the corresponding names for Azeroth when translating my campaign. After all, many players had played my campaign. Also, I think in this way the immersion will be greater for players at hiveworkshop. In reality, when designing some of the characters, I referred to some settings of Azeroth characters, but many original characters like He Xiaoshu without any references are directly translated. Players must understand this is an overhead universe adapted from Warcraft, even though this world has some similarities with Azeroth. I have even given this world a name: Alysisy. This special name will be emphasized repeatedly in my 5th campaign. For this, I feel strange when I see some players think Tulee changed the character names in the campaigns. The requirements of the translation were set out by me personally. It was not Tulee who decided on his own. I hope players can understand this.

I have also seen some comments that have left me with a deep impression. Some players think many plot points of my campaigns draw from the Blizzard campaigns.

In my opinion, the plot and gameplay of campaigns complement each other. For example, in A Song of Dream Chasing, Thrall becoming acquainted with the Tauren and Trolls of the Barrens is an inevitable outcome, as in the techtree I set up, the Orcs’ allies are still the Tauren and the Trolls. If I had to be different from the Blizzard campaigns, then I would be forced to design new units, such as harpies or quilbeasts or even centaur? But such a techtree would then coincide with the Legends of Arkain. If I were to design it like this, then the campaign plot would need to be greatly changed again. So, I will draw on some plot and settings from the Blizzard campaign. I myself like the traditional style of the Blizzard campaigns. I do not think this is a very, very bad thing for this.

My 5th campaign, Guangying Xiangsui, will have nothing to do with the Blizzard campaigns in many areas. At the same time, I think this will be my best, and longest custom campaign. So, whether or not I can finish it by July-August is still unknown. But I will do my utmost to make it good.

Last edited:
Level 28
General:
All missions are available from the start.
Elemental Protection sometimes turns units invulnerable, and sometimes doesn't.
Troll Witch Doctor tooltip doesn't mention that they have Bloodlust. Also, they have Bloodlust at Initiate level.
Voodoo Crown's Berserk works, but the cooldown isn't shown and there's no sound or spell effect to show it worked.
Some issues with Xiaoshu's voicelines:
* "I'm out of mana" as a What response is... weird. Same for getting her nails done.
* "You ever feel like etc.": Too long for a What response and is distracting, should be a Pissed response (maybe switch with "Stay here").
* One of her Attack lines is "Retreat!"
* "Eat my attack!" is used as a What and Attack line.

Units:
Swordsman has no tooltip.
Ballista tooltip: effect -> effective
Ballista still uses the Glaive Thrower projectile.
Several unit tooltips lack punctuation.
Several building tooltips aren't capitalized correctly (should be Upgrade to Magic City, Build Altar of Blood, etc.). They also have the hotkey at the end rather than in the name.
Farm has no name, and its hotkey doesn't work.

Worgen:
Wolf deity-> I dunno what the original name was, but "deity" doesn't seem to fit.
Worgen Pikemen are using swords.

Prologue:
"You and dad's and mom's"-> Not sure what this means.
Maybe have a younger-looking model for the younger Xiashou.

First mission:
"Out of Touch Village": Out of touch isn't the right expression, maybe "Unresponding Village".
Discovering the village:
* Accident isn't the right word, since it was clearly deliberate.
* "Who is the culprit of this savage slaughter" -> "Who could have done this?" to avoid repetition.
Woodcutter's bag has no name, no tooltip, and no description.
"blood elf encampment in the north" -> northwest

Second mission:
Intro cutscene: "villager leader" -> "village leader". That said, it's awkward that they refer to him only as village leader.
Eliminate the Undead quest: "your task is to destroy"
Enemy waves come in simultaneously.
Had a game crash. None of my units were doing anything special, so it must have been on the worgen side.

Last edited:
Level 23
H-Oct-v0.03
All missions locked, swordsman tooltip, ballista tooltip, barracks/sanctum/archer/sorceress/dragonhawk nest full-stop added, farm name, you "are" dad's..., Out of Touch-- Non-Responding, villager "leader", "task is to destroy"

You sure you are using 1.29? There should be no crashes. Also elemental protection won't work on spellbreakers, but it works on other units. Not sure how the spell is not working for you.
Disagree with the "accident", "culprit" and "northwest" suggestions.

Edit1: You are correct, using the spell 20 times, 1 or 2 times it will not activate. It seems to be because very rarely the buff has a slight delay before being applied to the units units and then the spell will not activate because the buff must be added before 0.25 seconds have passed. It is a really rare occurrence though.

Last edited:
Level 28
As in, the blood elves are northwest of Aethas' position / north of the village.

Also I'm on 1.28.

The invincibility bug is happening a lot more often than 1 in 20 for me.

Second mission:
The Worgen base got attacked and nearly destroyed (only a workshop and a lumber mill left) at one point, so the purples stopped attacking (I think they were still producing troops though). If the brown base is required to survive, it should be in the quest.
Ending cutscene: you are -> your

Interlude:
Lor'themar's first line is odd, I'll get back to you on that one.
Nothing against the titles, but the line "Mister President, the undead are attacking" conjures some very entertaining images that have nothing to do with the campaign.

Third mission:
Vereesa's name is -.
Genn's Howl of Terror has no name and the tooltip says Pit Lord.

Last edited:
Level 28
General:
Researching Magic Sentry doesn't give Arcane Towers the Reveal ability.
Blood Drop Stone: Summoned Thing -> Summoned Unit or Ward
Evil Archer clearly doesn't use a bow, he should have a different name.
Wyvern has no name and no tooltip.
Mathog has no name.
Dark Shaman tooltip doesn't show his spells.
Claws of the Shaman item's backstory is incomplete.
Terrain tends to be flat.
Cutscenes are unskippable.
Lor'themar would be more useful with his ultimate and first spell switched, as this leaves the only stun move with a long cooldown.
Giant abomination has no name.
"Boss" necromancer has no name.
Demonic Tome tooltip says it's purple.

Third mission:
Giant Murloc's selection circle is too small.
Zeppelin parts item has no name, description or tooltip.
When the Laboratory becomes available, the availability cooldowns start at zero.
Units keep walking into the waygate and ending up in the valley.
This level of difficulty is much better: challenging, but not throwing three attack waves at once.

Fourth mission:
A whole year of sailing? Those poor people.
First line should be something like "Good thing we made it before the boat sank".
Genn should drop his inventory.
The second quest completing shows up as "Search for the DreadLord".
Thrall's clan is referred to as Fire Fantasy and Flame Fantasy, Drek'Thar's as Lanfeng or LanFeng.
"Thrall, what are you doing to do"-> "Thrall, what are you going to do"
" "give back" to them also" -> " "give back" to them as well"
Drek'Thar tends to stay outside his base and get killed when the next wave comes in.
The voidwalkers east of the teal base are all facing south.
Blademaster line/sub mismatch.
Terrain bug when the demons tell their troops to restrain the heroes, there's a hole in the terrain near the ramp.

Interlude:
"underground region" -> territory
"execute them immediately after three days" -> "execute them after three days"
"transmit" -> "put"

Fifth mission:
"non-cursed" -> "uncursed"
"city of draenei brethren" -> "city of draenei"
The quest message reads "Out Of The Inferno" twice, it's fine in the log.
"Vitality Restore" -> "Restore Vitality", and the tooltip's end should read "over 10 seconds."
"who are they" -> "who are these people"
Varimathras' third line doesn't play loud enough.
One transmission from the dark shadow has no name.
Yeah, no, endboss is retarded. Immune to magic, barely takes damage, constantly heals himself, turns invulnerable, silences heroes, stuns everything and then throws around AoE spells that you can't even see coming, fills the screen with ghosts...

Last edited:
Level 23
Evil Archer clearly doesn't use a bow, he should have a different name.

That is embarrassing, it was meant to be "fel crossbowman". Has been corrected.

Fourth mission:
A whole year of sailing? Those poor people.
Great comment.

game is crashing in my 1.30 version
1.30 is still the public beta. Also, there should be no reason it won't work on versions above 1.29, since it has been converted to the standard editor.

A revised version (almost all of cleave's language comments fixed from map 03-09) can be uploaded tomorrow.

Last edited:
Level 28
Well no, the model doesn't use a crossbow either, they just move their arm like they're throwing things. Admittedly, "Fel Thrower" isn't much of a name either.

General:
Worgen Prophet's Hex and Devour Magic should switch positions.
Flying Machines aren't affected by Iron Plating upgrade, and still use Gunpowder upgrades.
Air Battleship uses Leather armor.
Genn really needs a ranged spell, Battle Roar should be switched for something more useful.
Steam Tanks can be Charmed.
The manaloss debuff/aura has no tooltip.
Staff of Pain's icon is the flat version.
Ballistae's Impaling Bolt icon isn't the flat version.
Aethas' Healing Wave and Tranquility have no names.
Vereesa's first ability has no name and no tooltip, Starfall has no name.

Sixth mission:
Destroying a yellow or green building before killing the succubus doesn't fail the mission.
There should be a "What just happened to us?" scene when the yellow and greens are freed.
After the succubus (finally) dies, the yellows still send attack waves, or don't recall the ones that were being sent out (they don't attack, they just ping you and send troops there).
After the succubus dies, the pink and teal bases don't send attacks.
Update: the yellows did move their units after I went after a Queen of Pain who belongs to Antonidas' Forces rather than Invading Demons.
Genn can grow to level 10, Lor'themar is capped at 8.

Last edited:
Level 4
what is use of runestone...lke it asked me puzzle question but it didn't gave me any option to choose for answer so how i can answer ?

also if i leave runestone puzzle did i miss something there ?

Level 28
General:
Holy Priest and Holy Witch tooltips don't show their spells.
Akama can't attack air with an orb for some reason (the splash effect from an orb of fire works fine).
Draenei Forge should mention that it receives lumber.
Power of the Light tooltip should say "caster" instead of "target unit".

Seventh Mission:
Runestone: The game pauses, but the timer keeps ticking down.
Abomination hero is called Patchwork in game and Patchwerk in the cutscene and his name should have a hyphen between Sewn and Together.
Ending cutscene: "It is time to end etc." -> "The game is already won, it is time to end it."

Interlude
If he's telling them that they were fighting the Black Citadel, they shouldn't be named earlier. Either way, black citadel should be capitalized on the intro screen.
He Xiaoshu should use Father/Mother instead of Dad/Mom.
"receiving reinforcements" -> seek out / find / join up with / etc., receiving implies they're waiting for Dalaran to come to them.

Eighth Mission
Intro cutscene: "extricate themselves" -> "break free"
Magic Gemstone quest log: Dalran -> Dalaran
I did... something weird to the first green attack wave. Hit them with Maiev's anti-attack spell, and then they just ran through my base. Ran into them later on (literally, they didn't attack, just kept running on and on until the edge of a cliff and then back the other way). What secret horrors did Maiev visit upon these walking dead, what ghastly visions did she inflict, that their decayed minds felt fear for the first time since their reanimation? What unholy pacts, what unspeakable deals did she make with Those Beyond The Veil to attain the power to scare that which cannot dread? Clearly giving up her emotions and empathy was only the beginning, and we will only discover the true extent of her sacrifice in the third campaign.
Lucky skk: ... Ooooookay. He only dropped one item, are we supposed to find the others?

Level 23
General:
Holy Priest and Holy Witch tooltips don't show their spells.
Akama can't attack air with an orb for some reason (the splash effect from an orb of fire works fine).
Draenei Forge should mention that it receives lumber.
Power of the Light tooltip should say "caster" instead of "target unit".

Seventh Mission:
Runestone: The game pauses, but the timer keeps ticking down.
Abomination hero is called Patchwork in game and Patchwerk in the cutscene and his name should have a hyphen between Sewn and Together.
Ending cutscene: "It is time to end etc." -> "The game is already won, it is time to end it."

Interlude
If he's telling them that they were fighting the Black Citadel, they shouldn't be named earlier. Either way, black citadel should be capitalized on the intro screen.
He Xiaoshu should use Father/Mother instead of Dad/Mom.
"receiving reinforcements" -> seek out / find / join up with / etc., receiving implies they're waiting for Dalaran to come to them.

Eighth Mission
Intro cutscene: "extricate themselves" -> "break free"
Magic Gemstone quest log: Dalran -> Dalaran
I did... something weird to the first green attack wave. Hit them with Maiev's anti-attack spell, and then they just ran through my base. Ran into them later on (literally, they didn't attack, just kept running on and on until the edge of a cliff and then back the other way). What secret horrors did Maiev visit upon these walking dead, what ghastly visions did she inflict, that their decayed minds felt fear for the first time since their reanimation? What unholy pacts, what unspeakable deals did she make with Those Beyond The Veil to attain the power to scare that which cannot dread? Clearly giving up her emotions and empathy was only the beginning, and we will only discover the true extent of her sacrifice in the third campaign.
Lucky skk: ... Ooooookay. He only dropped one item, are we supposed to find the others?
Map11-14 fixed. The green undead behaviour was probably caused by the fight between it's undead ally and the Dalaran base. But feel free to release the inner poet inside you.

Level 1
Hi campaign is wonderful, I really liked it. Will you translate series 3 of this company? If she there is of course

Level 23
Hi campaign is wonderful, I really liked it. Will you translate series 3 of this company? If she there is of course
I agree, Fairy Flower's campaigns are well designed with an engaging story. I think she has given permission to translate her third campaign, but it is important to wait until this one is approved first before moving on to her new one.

Level 28
General:
Seer adept training tooltip says it gives them Dispel Magic instead of Banish.
Salamander tooltip: "lightning arrows" -> "lightning"
Catapult has no name or tooltip.
Fel orcs have a green buff/aura with no tooltip.
Poison Towers shouldn't have to research their poison attack.
Seeing as Outland is on the same planet, the abyss tiles should be replaced with water.

Eight mission:
The gemstone should be a powerup, I had to waste time dropping an item to pick up the stone then backtrack to get the item back.

Ninth mission:
I dunno about "abolishing the magic addiction". Maybe curing or purging. Also, it seems to me Grom being addicted to magic wasn't really mentioned (Gul'dan fel-ed him up, but he's still a warrior).
Main quest: "Grom cannot die" -> "Grom must not die" or "Do not kill Grom"
"lost their senses/gone insane/gone wild" (due to the demon curse) -> any of these is sufficient.
Broken draenei skum -> scum
Why are all fel orc buildings invulnerable? Having just the main hall invulnerable works fine.
Fel Orc Infernal Machine should be Infernal Juggernaut.
Have I mentioned that the attack waves come in at the same time?
If the base is under attack when Grom is restored (which is likely the case), he'll leave during the cutscene.
Grom's base isn't marked as needing to be destroyed.
"tyke" -> "child" / "boy", tyke is for really young children.
"I have never liked you" -> "I never liked you"
End cutscene: "elaborate" -> "grand"

Interlude:
"in northern Outland in the Black Citadel" -> "in the Black Citadel in northern Outland"
"skum" -> "scum"
"form" -> "from"
"dispatches" -> "orders"

Tenth mission:
Second paragraph of the intro screen: "The responsibility they have taken on, revenge and their righteous cause"
Intro cutscene:
* "stubbornly" used twice in the same sentence.
* The cheering animations should keep looping until Xiaoshu is done talking.
It's possible I mentioned something about attack waves coming in at the same time. Except now they involve multiple Infernal Juggernauts.
Survivors from allied attack waves tend to accumulate in my base.
Here's a thought: maybe have the option to choose which base you control, keeping Xiaoshu as a hero in all four cases.

Last edited:
Level 23
General:
Seer adept training tooltip says it gives them Dispel Magic instead of Banish.
Salamander tooltip: "lightning arrows" -> "lightning"
Catapult has no name or tooltip.
Fel orcs have a green buff/aura with no tooltip.
Poison Towers shouldn't have to research their poison attack.
Seeing as Outland is on the same planet, the abyss tiles should be replaced with water.

Eight mission:
The gemstone should be a powerup, I had to waste time dropping an item to pick up the stone then backtrack to get the item back.

Ninth mission:
I dunno about "abolishing the magic addiction". Maybe curing or purging. Also, it seems to me Grom being addicted to magic wasn't really mentioned (Gul'dan fel-ed him up, but he's still a warrior).
Main quest: "Grom cannot die" -> "Grom must not die" or "Do not kill Grom"
"lost their senses/gone insane/gone wild" (due to the demon curse) -> any of these is sufficient.
Broken draenei skum -> scum
Why are all fel orc buildings invulnerable? Having just the main hall invulnerable works fine.
Fel Orc Infernal Machine should be Infernal Juggernaut.
Have I mentioned that the attack waves come in at the same time?
If the base is under attack when Grom is restored (which is likely the case), he'll leave during the cutscene.
Grom's base isn't marked as needing to be destroyed.
"tyke" -> "child" / "boy", tyke is for really young children.
"I have never liked you" -> "I never liked you"
End cutscene: "elaborate" -> "grand"

Interlude:
"in northern Outland in the Black Citadel" -> "in the Black Citadel in northern Outland"
"skum" -> "scum"
"form" -> "from"
"dispatches" -> "orders"

Tenth mission:
Second paragraph of the intro screen: "The responsibility they have taken on, revenge and their righteous cause"
Intro cutscene:
* "stubbornly" used twice in the same sentence.
* The cheering animations should keep looping until Xiaoshu is done talking.
It's possible I mentioned something about attack waves coming in at the same time. Except now they involve multiple Infernal Juggernauts.
Survivors from allied attack waves tend to accumulate in my base.
Here's a thought: maybe have the option to choose which base you control, keeping Xiaoshu as a hero in all four cases.

I think players will die no matter which base they could control if such a feature was implemented for the final RTS mission ha-ha.
Map 15-17 fixed, I'll upload later tonight.

Level 28
As in, you've been given control of all four races and techtrees throughout the campaign, which one would you like to finish it with?

Update (finished it):

I gotta say, I don't get the title. I thought it might be referring to the fel orcs, but the only "crimson" thing mentioned is "crimson quest", and even then only at the end.

General:
"horde" should be capitalized.
skk's diary is clickable but does nothing. Also, ew.
Holy Priest tooltip says they have greater heal, not Heal.
Bossfight missions where all your units on the map are teleported to the boss room: the boss rooms need to be bigger, giving you room to back up or you lose half your army without even knowing what's going on.
Dark Shamans appear to have Finger of Death, it should really be Finger of Pain.
Spellbook's Breath of Fire spell is called Flame Strike.
Elite necromancer has no name.
Maiev needs her blinking on final missions. Just put boundaries everywhere if you don't want her exploring empty spaces.

Tenth mission:
Ending cutscene: "An unsettling aura is emanating from etc."
[only some of us] -> [only part of our army], as otherwise it sounds like the heroes won't all be there.

Eleventh mission: when fighting Gul'dan and Teron, the first wave of enemies are teleported right behind my forces.
Gul'dan and Teron don't drop anything?
Mannoroth line/sub mismatch, and the "Stupid, pitiful creature" one doesn't play loud enough.
"power of the elements are" -> "power of the elements is" There are others, but the text goes by too fast to see them.
Mannoroth's splash range is way too high, it keeps killing Xiaoshu when she's at her max range. If it's not that, there's something doing huge amounts of damage to heroes with no visible cause.
Kil'Jaeden's messages have no name.
The portals should die when they're done summoning, otherwise they get in the way of targeting spells (I didn't even know you could Soul Burn buildings).
"expiry date" -> "expiration date", but it's not really the right term. "Today you die" or words to that effect would be better.
Boss deaths: ... What? Oh, good, Maiev's not buying it either. Maybe if we'd seen more of their teaching in the first one, it might work better.
Ragepyre has no name.
Thrall's "Now! Defeat him!" and Xiaoshu's "Blood for blood! Life for life!" might have been switched. Although honestly the idea of a blood elf witch screaming orc slogans is hilarious.
Final boss fight:
* Okay, this? Much better than the dark shadow fight, even with the same undodgeable-stun-then-AoE, and for the single reason that spells are actually useful.
* The shades should be summoned at the same time as he goes invulnerable, otherwise the heroes are just running around waiting for it to end. There should also be an effect for when he goes invulnerable.
* The ending was... anticlimactic. Don't even need to reduce him to 0, he just walks away and vanishes with a too-small teleport effect. It should be a cutscene.
* The whole thing with Medhiv is hard to follow since it's offscreen while you're busy fighting for your life the whole time. Maybe use cutscenes.

Epilogue:
"shine" -> "shrine"

Afternote: Ehhh... Look, you have stuff you want to get off your chest, it's fine. But, well, it's feeding the trolls.

Overall:
I think this one is better than Lonely Nightstar, but the RTS missions tend to be, well, boring and frustrating. You get too many attacks thrown at you, the creeps rarely drop interesting items, there's little in the way of plot advancement or characterization... There were several where I used the cheats just to end it faster. Compare for instance the one where you rescue Dalaran ("rescue", because they'd already killed their enemy by the time I got to them) to the one with Grom, the former is a lot more enjoyable because you can actually do something to the enemy instead of enduring their attacks.
Bossfight levels: Units just end up killed during bossfights. As the heroes are more than enough against the regular units, maybe design the level so the bossfights are more than just [kill summons->damage boss->kill summons->kill boss].
Hero design:
* Xiaoshu's first spell never worked anywhere apart from the first level, maybe replace it with a more useful one. Her main spell should work on mechanical units.
* Akama is bugged and doesn't have an air attack even with an orb. Maybe give him an offensive spell.
* Given the emphasis on large amounts of enemies, the heroes could really use more ground AoE spells.
Also, maybe have some more musical tracks. Nothing against WoW music, but I heard more different tracks in the last map and epilogue than the rest of the campaign.
Cutscene lengths should really be adapted to the dialogue.
An extra upgrade building (as in TLN) would have been nice.

Looking forward to the third.

Last edited:
Level 23
Will try to fix the language errors tonight for the rest of the missions, but need to go back to the 1.24 version to see if there is something going wrong with the 1.29 conversion that is effecting the invulnerability spell. Thanks for helping point out all the grammar/word choice errors cleave.

Level 28
Some I forgot:

Crystal Car tooltip should say "deals high magic damage" and doesn't mention that it can't attack buildings.
(Blue) Draenei Glaive Thrower's upgrade should mention how many targets it has.

Epilogue: Maiev mentions a hail of bullets, should probably be arrows.

Last edited:
Level 23
Some I forgot:

Crystal Car tooltip should say "deals high magic damage" and doesn't mention that it can't attack buildings.
(Blue) Draenei Glaive Thrower's upgrade should mention how many targets it has.

Epilogue: Maiev mentions a hail of bullets, should probably be arrows.
Ok, so the final version with all the language errors for all the remaining maps are fixed, but the recent update (1.30) seems to be causing the editor to crash, so need to wait until blizzard releases a fixup patch for all the 1.30 bugs (warcraft 3 cannot even open without crashing).

I think this one is better than Lonely Nightstar, but the RTS missions tend to be, well, boring and frustrating. You get too many attacks thrown at you, the creeps rarely drop interesting items, there's little in the way of plot advancement or characterization... There were several where I used the cheats just to end it faster. Compare for instance the one where you rescue Dalaran ("rescue", because they'd already killed their enemy by the time I got to them) to the one with Grom, the former is a lot more enjoyable because you can actually do something to the enemy instead of enduring their attacks.
Bossfight levels: Units just end up killed during bossfights. As the heroes are more than enough against the regular units, maybe design the level so the bossfights are more than just [kill summons->damage boss->kill summons->kill boss].
Hero design:
For players who really enjoy melee/RTS game-play, flower fairy's campaigns are really fun. It is difficult to design a level that does not involve multiple enemies attacking at the same time, or else it would be too easy.
Boss fights without the same pattern you mentioned are really hard to make without fighting mass summons and losing all regular units.
Disagree with your point about "little plot advancement or characterisation". And you yourself even say you look forward to her 3rd campaign. (It will probably be the same style of game-play).

But your review helped fix all the language / grammar related errors. Thanks.

Level 28
Of course I do (otherwise I wouldn't be cheating to get through and see what happens next), but the fact remains that the levels mostly consist of the same kill-everything missions with no real meaning, with sidequests few and far between.

Compare, for example, the Warcraft II missions (kill everything, plot happens in between missions) to Warcraft III side quests, where characters react to events, the objective changes halfway through the map, etc. There are several remakes of WC2 in WC3, and they all add sidequests, creeps and dialogue to make it more interesting.

Level 23
Of course I do (otherwise I wouldn't be cheating to get through and see what happens next), but the fact remains that the levels mostly consist of the same kill-everything missions with no real meaning, with sidequests few and far between.

Compare, for example, the Warcraft II missions (kill everything, plot happens in between missions) to Warcraft III side quests, where characters react to events, the objective changes halfway through the map, etc. There are several remakes of WC2 in WC3, and they all add sidequests, creeps and dialogue to make it more interesting.
Fair enough. Maybe I did not word my reply correctly. I agree with how player interaction with events/quests is important.

Level 3
I think this campaign is still pending because the moderator can't complete mission 2 :)

the maps seem well designed but 5 stars? seriously?
like the previous campaign we can't skip cutscenes, the AI is even more broken than before
mission 2 difficulty is absurd with 3 undead bases who send endless waves of full upgrades units, the same thing occured during the lonely star campaign but it was doable because you had access to powerful heroes.

I was accomodating when I rated the lonely star campaign but I'm sorry this one should not be approved until the difficulty is balanced

Level 3
I think this campaign is still pending because the moderator can't complete mission 2 :)

like the previous campaign we can't skip cutscenes, the AI is even more broken than before
mission 2 difficulty is absurd with 3 undead bases who send endless waves of full upgrades units, the same thing occured during the lonely star campaign but it was doable because you had access to powerful heroes.

I was accomodating when I rated the lonely star campaign but I'm sorry this one should not be approved until the difficulty is balanced

first of all, I agree with the comment in part, the madness of the AI, that you send large complete armies, it is very puzzle, the mission that you consider more broken are the one of Antonidas (bad side, LUL first time I see that antonidas becomes the bad guy in the movie, very hilarious).

to summarize, if you do not do things right and fast they eat you live the AI, first time I find this AI, improvements the maximum from zero minute, not even the campaign of Shar (legends of Arkain) made me suffer so much, but that's good because when you spend the mission it gives you a sip.

I would not like to change the current balance of the AI, (of course, without using cheating codes, that ruins the whole experience, and from experience in the first series of this series of campaigns, I used to say rudeness while playing it :D more even if you play hard or as I say always play in hardcore at first).

It's funny because I remembered the campaign, "The choosen ones" for the number of times I had to load the game and save many times in a single scenario (I feel very mediocre in that sense :D)

the final battle was fine, it was not as annoying as the shadow being that took me more than 15 minutes of fighting for the odious regeneration and knowing its mechanics, apart from having to adapt to the boss, compared to the Final boss (the real clear )
It was a walk in the park :D

Manoroth (bother me several times for the lovely effect in area, too much or that the AI, is smart enough to change target just where there are more heroes: D, very funny that part :D)

Apart from those mentioned, those would be the ones that I consider the most dangerous of this campaign so far. although the position number one of my top takes the AI with MUCH reason for obvious reasons for those who played these campaigns in difficult high. :D :D

Apart from those mentioned, those would be the ones that I consider the most dangerous of this campaign so far. although the position number one of my top takes the AI with MUCH reason for obvious reasons for those who played these campaigns in difficult high. : D: D: D

With nothing more to add, I hope part three of this series to continue with masochism, thank you for reading my friend reader. ^^

Level 23

The reason is it still pending is because the final language/grammar fix for the final 3 chapters cannot be uploaded because 1.30 patch has errors, and I cannot use my 1.28 version since the campaign used a YDWE conversion tool that used 1.29+. Need to wait for 1.30 bugs to be fixed.

If there was only 1 difficulty, then maybe complaints about the AI would be fair---but Fairy Flower's campaign has 3 difficulty options (you can choose easy mode if hard mode is too difficult), so your post seems more like "entitlement to win a campaign on hard mode".

Last edited:
Level 3
I am playing on normal difficulty and compared to this legends of arkains series is a piece of cake.
In my opinion mission 2 is mostly unfair because undead can full upgrade their units while our own units are stuck at level 1 and also because our ally is a burden.

When I was talking about broken AI I was not only referring to the insane difficulty.
I understand you have to be agressive right at the beginning, but if you do so the undead will empty their base ,including ghouls who harvest lumber, and the AI will not replace them and thus won't be able to train any units that needs lumber (e.g chapter 5 lonely star). And I think people complained about the difficulty of the antonidas mission because they are not facing undead but humans who don't send their peasants who harvest lumber to attack your base.

edit: OK I beat chapter 2 (still on normal difficulty), just attack with your starting units as soon as the cutscene ends, train a few footmen and rally them to your heroe and it will be fine (because of the AI bug I previously mentioned). In other words you can finish the map with only 10 units which is not enjoyable at all.
I'm sorry but that's not how macro missions should be...

Last edited:
Level 3
It is time to give this campaign a full review
I really don't want to be rude and I am well aware people put some efforts in this campaign but at the same time I don't want players to be deluded by the ratings.

Overall this campaign is a regression compared to the lonely nightstar campaign which had imo an interesting challenge and a fun gameplay even though it had its flaws.
This is just a pale copy of shadow of hatred and Tomoraider's campaigns.
The mechanics of the (well designed) maps are tedious and we always have to do the same things: complete a silly quest then destroy everything.
The story is a déjà vu ( e.g grom hellscream turns out evil and must be saved) and sometimes it becomes even goofy when lorthemar suddenly decides to go back and forth between lordaeron and outland without any reason. But it has his moments: when a guy who comes from nowhere and announces He xaoshu: "I am your father", it is priceless.

- chapter 1 : an interesting micro mission with the main character He Xaoshu, the guy who offer a sidequest has now an exclamation point; which is an improvment compared to the lonely nighstar campaign.
- chapter 2: cf supra, there is no more exclamation point for the sidequest
- chapter 3: same as chapter 2 (cripple 1 or 2 undead bases at the beginning and there will be no challenge)
- chapter 4: we arrive in outland with he xaoshu and lorthemar, we ally with thrall in order to destroy fel orcs who can train inferno machines. The AI hardly ever attacks my base and our allies are quite powerfull so it went fine. Actually it was my favourite mission.
- chapter 5: he xaoshu and thrall have been captured by fel orcs, fortunately Akama helps us (how original), then a micro mission begins: we have to rescue units and at the end we face an annoying boss (as usual)
- chapter 6: lorthemar is back in lordaeron and must confront the traitor antonidas. This chapter is very similar to chapter 5 curse of the forsaken (the one where you have to snipe demons leaders to free the possessed forsaken). I think something went wrong with the AI (again), the map creator promises me hell but none of this happened. I just had to repel some ennemy waves then the AI only sent their hero accompanied by 1 or 2 ballistas to attack my base. Anyway, we have access to airships so I built a full group of them then focus on the leader. After that I decided to leave my base and hunted down some creeps but suddenly after killing a random rogue mage all my yellow allies came and surrounded me, I was stuck so no other choice but to kill them...
- chapter 7: you must defend shattrah city with 6 powerful heroes for 30 minutes. In shadow of hatred it was a very cool and challenging mission but here...
I went straight to the orc base and destroyed most of their production buildings but I quickly regretted this because after that nothing happened (OK I exagerate a bit) : our allies can repel most of the ennemies attacks by their own and now I know 30 minutes is a very long time. So I looked for creeps and intercepted some ennemies waves and... yawned. Like in the lonelynight star campaign we can also boost the health of our allies with the eastern egg rune thing, which makes things even more boring.
- chapter 8: Lorthemar is back in outland! unfortunately he is on an island and we must reach him by obtaining an item which will allow us to construct a bridge. After that, of course, we'll have to wipe out the map. The problem is we have access to mass teleport so why the heck do we have to construct a bridge? The difficulty has been artificially increased because black citadel are now unvulnerable until we complete the first part of the mission and the ennemies heroes have now 4000 hp and annoying spells.
- chapter 9: remember the dude who said he was he xaoshu's father? well he also told us about grom. It's a job for akama and thrall.
We have to do the same thing than in the last chapter of regular orc campaign (bring hellscream's soul to the circle of power) but not quite because once again we'll have to destroy everything after completing this.
This time all buildings are unvulnerable until the first quest is completed. This mission is very hard, the AI is very agressive and loves attacking with inferno machines, we only control akama and his dranei (he can't attack air units even if he is equipped with an orb, some units description are missing) and thrall and his orcs do literally nothing. So I quickly completed the first quest with my starting units. After being freed, hellscream stays idle in thrall's base so we have to destroy the fel orcs without the help of our allies. If you're lucky enough, the AI will focus on your allies otherwise you're screwed. I took me a lot of time to beat this chapter. At the end I used the vision cheat though, just because you have to destroy everything (as I have mentionned) and it is very hard to find brown building in an outland map.
And guess what? At the end of the mission Grom miserably dies in the cutscene.
- chapter 10: can't tell, I won't play anyway

Last edited:
Level 23
Disagree with a lot of what you say, but the main issue that stood out:

This is just a pale copy of shadow of hatred and Tomoraider's campaigns.
A) It is not fair to compare different campaigns with each other. Each campaign should be judged on its merits. "Just a pale copy"--- It is hard to take you seriously when you are so rude.
B) All campaigns take inspiration from other campaigns/the blizzard campaign. "Take inspiration from" means to play/see something and like it enough that it gives you motivation to go make your own thing. So naturally there will always be some similarities between different campaigns. One of the main reasons to bring chinese creators' campaigns to hive is to inspire hiveworkshop users to go create their own campaigns, which can also be understood as hiveworkshop users seeing something in these chinese authors' campaigns they like, and then "copying" parts of it and making their own campaign.
C) You don't seem to mention how Shadows of Hatred "took inspiration" from rise of the blood elves/COTF.
D) Keep in mind Flower Fairy's original campaigns did not even use warcraft names/ characters/ places.

This campaign is set in the exact same style as "Lonely Nightstar", so I am not sure why you think there is regression. Most campaigns consist of killing everything on the map--- the fun lies in playing RTS base-building warcraft with a story surrounding the game play.

Level 3
A) I’m sorry but there is no value added compared to these campaigns and most of the missions are tedious. We only complete the mission for the sake of completing it.

B) I agree with you but in this case it’s more than inspiration, even the chapters have the same name (battle for shattrah city). Mission 3= mission 3 shadow of hatred, mission 6= mission 5 curse of the forsaken… but it's more than that.
Overall I think this campaign suffers from a lack of identity. It’s not just about using the same models or gameplay mechanics of others campaigns, it‘s a feeling I had when I played and I really can’t explain it.

C) Of course shadow of hatred is very similar to Tomoraider’s work but at the same time it looks different (I’ve already mentioned that in the appropriate thread).

D) I know it’s very hard to translate Chinese campaigns into English. Overall you did a great job and that’s why I didn’t take into account any grammatical errors I found.
And maybe you should have used random names instead of those of the original warcraft universe.

I disagree with your last sentence.
In this campaign we basically have to do the same things: first complete an objective (like acquire zeppellins, reach our allies, find a gold mine...) then wipe out the whole map.
Missions of the lonely nightstar campaign are more various: in chapter 1 you don’t have to destroy every enemy base, in chapter 3 destroying purple undead base is only optional. Also the mission where you must protect the old man is way more interesting than battle for shattrah city (the last 10 minutes are very challenging and it’s like a puzzle we have to figure it out).
Furthermore the AI is not so weird. At some point, something went wrong in every mission. I could have been more specific by mentioning that in mission 3 the red undead army was stuck in front of the cave and watched me destroying their base, in mission 8 Lorthemar’s army desperately wanted to attack the undead even though they couldn’t reach them (even the flying units were confused).

Level 23
D) Keep in mind Flower Fairy's original campaigns did not even use warcraft names/ characters/ places.
I mentioned this because I was trying to emphasize that the original campaign would not have been seen to be similar to those other campaigns because it had no warcraft character names etc.
Those grammar/language mistakes you encountered were all fixed.

Last edited: