1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

A Song of Dream Chasing

Submitted by Flower Fairy, tulee
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.

[​IMG]

Important
This campaign was made by Flower Fairy. She is the author of this campaign. The campaign is being posted on HiveWorkShop on her behalf with her express permission.

The campaign was originally posted here:

逐梦之歌 - 自定义战役系列地图讨论区 - 游久社区 - bbs.uuu9.com

Permission From Author
[​IMG]

A Song of Dream Chasing
This campaign follows Arthas and the undead. This campaign is comprised of 11 playable missions and 8 cinematic missions, and follows the style of the Blizzard campaign with RTS-style missions as well as RPG-style missions.

Due to the conversion tool used to convert the campaign to the standard world editor, it is recommended to play the campaign using the most recent patch.

List of Flower Fairy's Campaigns

1. The Lonely Nightstar
2. Of Crimson Tides
3. Evil Resurgent
4. A Song of Dream Chasing

Characters
[​IMG] Thrall: The warchief of the Horde. He received a warning in his dreams that Outland would inevitably sink into the sea. For the future of the orcs, he led the Horde away from their home, and planned on searching for a new place of dwelling. But this is destined to be a hard journey. Even though the young Horde warchief believes in peace, Thrall must fight for his people’s greatest interests and best living conditions.
[​IMG] Rexxar: No-one knows Aiden Perenolde’s cold-bloodedness and ruthlessness better than this elderly beastmaster. His clan, the Mok’Nathal clan, surrendered to the humans in the past war, but the current leader of the Silver Hand, Aiden Perenolde, entertained them with very cruel experiments: gas bombs, bio-transformations, mothers' love experiments, beautifying invasive histories... To this Mok'Nathal chieftain, until the humans are doomed, his inner hatred will never fade.
[​IMG] Rokhan: Ashenvale in the north is his former home. Now though, that familiar though unfamiliar homeland is a reef beaten by the waves. Even though a natural disaster has crushed the trolls, their unyielding spirit and noble toughness encourages them to survive staunchly from beginning to end. The shadow hunter still has a long way to go though. He must not only face the pressure of survival, but also harm from an old friend.
[​IMG] Cairne Bloodhoof: No-one can resist fate and no-one can avoid defeat. As the chieftain of the tauren though, Carine Bloodhoof is old, and due to his negligence, his beloved wife died in battle and his only child was captured by the centaur. He often feels anxious and worried, and the tattered current situation once had him in low spirits. The Horde's arrival was a turn for the better though. Cairne Bloodhoof sees a future. This may be able to rewrite the destiny of the tauren.

Screenshots
Click to show
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

Credits
Click to show

Message from Flower Fairy (creator): This campaign takes some inspiration from Tomoraider and Sclammerz.

These are the hiveworkshop resources in use, based on the automatic credit generator:
Resources in Use by A Song of Dream Chasing | HIVE

rightfield, miseracord, will the almighty, daelin, kuhneghetz, general frank, norinrad, epion, jetfanginferno, kitabatake, callahan, splashy5, dojo, lord_t, demon boy, bloody_turds, infrenus, dickxunder, champara bros, hawkwing, assasin_lord, hanza-ru, mephestrial, quech, noypi, thrikodius, supertoinkz, cavman, sellenisko, just_spectating, rama462, proxy, -grendel, peekay, sin'dorei300, wandering soul, power, shyrony, whitedeath, jesushipster, ujimasa hojo, andrewoverload519, eubz, nightskyaurora, kimbo, whitewolf8, kangyun, reflex, horusrogue, darkholme, frlky, 67chrome, daenar7, mc !, link_iceblader, kyzerdrood32, darkfang, crazyrussian, cloudwolf, viiva, bigapple90, mr,goblin, palaslayer, inhuman89, nfwar, hellx-magnus, orthon, m0rbid, zbc, nelsonlaje, marcos DAB, heinvers, ~nightmare, solu9, edge45, murlocologist, ghostthruster, miseracord, taurer, kwaliti, takakenji, proxy, hexus, andrewoverlord519, hawkwing, joysoy, afronight_76, darkholme, kadzhamit, blizzard entertainment, evilwart-dragon, viiva, frlkY, orthon, naserkingarthas, kangyun, sxar, murlocologist, hyunrai, tranquil, princeyaser, yoshiryu, chevronseven, darklord_avalon, evilcryptlord, s4nji, orc1n, mr. bob, fingolfin, amigurumi, paladinjst, ironmaiden, deucegorgon, el'dragon, kenntaur, kellym0, herrdave, matis, chr2, lyzz_fryzz, jigrael, mad, justicebringer, blazekraze, eagle xi, mister_haudrauf, ghostthruster, remixer, zephyrius2412, plazama019, retera, scias, realistkilla, arnelbigstonepd33r, hayate, ralle,

Special Thanks
Click to show

Message from Flower Fairy (creator): This campaign takes some inspiration from Tomoraider and Sclammerz.

These people helped in various ways in bringing the campaign to hiveworkshop.
Ghostwolf- YDWE conversion tool, Quinten- map description title picture, Deepstrasz- various things, Naruto- helping contact the author, Tuwnew- map template.

Change Log
Click to show

SoDCv0.020- Initial Upload
SoDCv0.025- Grammar/spelling fixed based on cleavinghammer/lisboah comments

Contents

A Song of Dream Chasing (Campaign)

Reviews
deepstrasz
[spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [/spoiler] I think things need to be planned more than be done on the fly. Many levels seem rushed. More thought should be given...
  1. tulee

tulee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Just to remind you all: The author of this campaign is 我是花仙魔法使 (flower fairy). The campaign is posted on hiveworkshop on her behalf with her express permission.
    The campaign was originally posted here:

逐梦之歌 - 自定义战役系列地图讨论区 - 游久社区 - bbs.uuu9.com

Permission From Author
    [​IMG]

This is a campaign from the Chinese warcraft 3 community. Hopefully we can "give back" in the sense that by sharing many campaigns from their community, it will inspire Hiveworkshop creators to make more campaigns, and then the chinese community can play those campaigns when the Chinese translators bring Hive campaigns to their community (so in this way, they can benefit also).

Finally, it is strongly recommended to use some kind of method to moisturize your eyes before playing this, because if you blink during any of the cinematic scenes, you might miss all the dialogue.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
  2. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    Alright, following the same tradition I have been following with these campaign's series, I shall give my review

The campaign's description is too long in order for all of it to appear

Prologue:
    "...found that you were not there..."
    "How are you still alive?!"
    "...groundless prophecy?"

First Chapter
    -Thrall's Shaman Claws: 'Horde should be written with capital 'H'
    -The ogres lack a name and only their levels appear
    -So Yrel will borrow ships in return of us finding THREE civilians? This seems a weird deal
    -In the Draenei group, only Yrel has a name
    -The 'Meeting' Quest is only completed after we reach the ships

Interlude
    "...Kingdom of Stormwind lies a large dungeon..."
    -So basically the Order of the Silver Hand are like Blackmoore from Warcraft, trying to create a slave orc army?
    -Wretched Stormwind and Silver Hand. I will forever curse the Order of Dawn for stopping Arthas and the Scourge from wiping them out!
    -Come on Beve! Follow your canon counterpat's idea and try to kill your wretched father!

3. natass9

natass9

Resources:
    Resources:
    Map1) I like how the ending of the undead campaign is directly connected with the start of the orc campaign (the orcs' land will soon sink into the ocean is related to the final boss of the undead campaign). The first playable mission is good, but I think the map is too big. There is a lot of places in the map that is empty space. There are some paths we can take that have nothing at the end of the path. At least some of the places have dialogue (Like Thrall making a comment about a destroyed village), but other places are just empty with no creeps, just environment.

Map2) Mission two is a really good rpg map. The mechanic to not kill humans makes the mission far more interesting (also it means less time killing, which is good, since one of the big problems with many rpg maps is it only involves killing everything on the map). The character development for the human heroes seems to be better than for the orc heroes (at least based on the previous cinematic in the dungeon).

I like how the Hero speaks lines when he sees things like Fountain of Life and Waygates. In so many campaigns, when heroes find things like Fountains of Life, they just say nothing... It is almost like for them it is normal to find a fountain that restores life!! So I was glad when Rexxar mentioned the fountain of life + waygate.

Also regarding the previous cinematic, the part with the orc mother + child is something I did not understand. The humans talked about how the mother will choose to save the child or save herself, but actually, the mother will die regardless what happens, because she is also trapped in that area... So I don't understand how the mother could have chosen to save herself... was that even an option?

Map3) Rexxar overcomes his urge to kill humans too easily at the end of this map. Maybe he should have at least killed some human villagers to make it more realistic.

Map4) This map was extremely big, I think it the size could have been reduced (even after searching the entire map, I only found like 1-2 good items). I like how the Scourge are introduced here.

I just want to say right now, it is a good idea to mix RTS and RPG maps. If there are consecutive RPG maps, then players will start to hate the RPG maps, because it is basically just killing everything on the map. RTS maps help relieve this pressure, because building bases creates some intellectual stimulation.

Why am I saying this? Because the first 4 maps of this campaign are RPG maps. It would be a good idea to mix some RTS maps in between them. Of course you might say "But Map 03 is a RTS mission". That is incorrect. Map 03 is a fake RTS mission. On the surface it is RTS, but in reality it is RPG. The mission objective is to collect the pigs, which basically requires you to kill all the creeps on the map to access the pigs. Also, you have a very limited amount of gold, and there is no enemy base (except the waves of humans at the end), so basically map 03 feels like a RPG map.

Map5) This is the first RTS mission. It is quite challenging, though the map is a little too big in my opinion. I wish the AI ally would send attack waves, its only purpose here it seems is to isolate the top left base (the one with the enemy hero).

Up till here, I just want to say, there is very little conflict within the Horde. Taurens, trolls and orcs are all happy allies (they do not have conflict with each other). It makes it less realistic, since in reality there will be problems / conflicts within the Horde. Later in the troll mission where you go to Echo Village, there was an opportunity to create conflict between the mind-controlled trolls, and the normal trolls. However, the enemy shadow hunter was the only main troll villain in the entire map, so the opportunity to elaborate on conflict within the trolls was missed.

There was some funny dialogue about the Giant Kobold. I forgot who said what, but someone said something like it has a big appetite. Funny

Map6) This was a good mission. I liked the story a lot. Centaurs are good at being villains. I am also very happy that the Tauren Chieftain's son died at the end. If he had survived, I would be very upset, since that would be an almost perfect ending. I want to say though, it is not a good idea to give windwalk to enemy units. The AI in warcraft will never use windwalk correctly unless in normal games with a blademaster unit. In this mission, the wolves get to low hp (I think 200~), then they windwalk to hide. They won't attack from windwalk, so you need to wait for their windwalk to run out. This creates issues, since unless you can stun them when they have low hp, or guess where they are and use shockwave, it is very annoying/difficult to kill them.

I liked the boss fight for the centaur a lot, it was really good.

Map7) The Troll mission is actually impossible on insane difficulty. Let me explain why. There are 3 units in the enemy attack waves that make this mission impossible to win no matter what strategy you try: the flying unit, the turtle unit and the unit that casts rejuvenation.

The flying unit is the worst unit of all--- it has heavy armour!!! This is a huge balance problem, since air units need to have light armour so that they are vulnerable to piercing damage. At least then, you can mass towers / use the Troll hero's serpent wards to kill them. But because it has heavy armour, this unit becomes impossible to kill, since orc units have no magic damage units (with high damage I mean). Troll bat riders are a terrible choice to counter the air units, since the explosion ability is only good against masses of low hp, low armour units (explosion deals less damage to higher armour units). The enemy flying units is a high hp, high armour unit. There is no way to kill it.

The turtle unit makes massing towers not a possible strategy, because it targets any towers in range. Mass towers is the only other possible strategy I thought we could use, but because of the turtle unit, mass towers cannot work either.

The healing unit with rejuvenation just makes it even harder to kill the -enemy attack waves, since it casts rejuvenation on them.

I really want to know if anyone could beat this mission on insane, especially because the two heroes we get are the support heroes (the two damage/Strength heroes are fighting the centaurs).

This mission would have benefited a lot if there was an ally troll base to help us.

Also, it is good to give enemy bases a hero. Heroes given a base a personality or a "flavour". Right now, all three enemy bases have no enemy hero, so they almost seem like they are the same base. It is always a good idea to have an enemy hero. This same point applies to the last RTS mission also (6 undead enemy bases, no enemy hero in any of them).

Map8) The first RTS mission against the human bases. I really really wish we had ally AI to help us. Right now, the best way to win is to lure the enemies to one side of the map with some units, then let the 4 heroes kill the enemy main building + peasants. The map could have been smaller in my opinion.

Map9) I enjoyed the sea mission a lot. The key to winning is to have a good navy.

About the cinematics, I just want to say, the human characters have great development. The humans did things that were unexpected many times (like when the human villain reveals he knows his daughter is the one who freed Rexxar, when the human villain kills his 3 subordinates, etc. There was only 1 thing the orcs ever did that was surprising, and that was when Rexxar offered his life at the end (also maybe when the tauren leader's son died). Everything else the Horde did was very expected and it showed they were a "good" faction, with little conflict within.

Also, regarding the title of this campaign, whose "Dream" is being referred to? At first I thought it was Thrall's father's dream for peace, but at the end I started to think it was the human villain's dream for his daughter... Even the title maybe referred to humans? Haha, orc campaign but humans are the main stars.

Map10) The undead RTS mission needs to have a stronger ally. The goblins only send the hero + 4 units to attack. They actually do nothing, they cannot even kill a few towers.

I really hate Thrall. He refuses to help fight the Scourge until his capital is attacked....

Map11) I think it is a mistake to have the final map have lots of optional strong units that drop items. If it is the final mission, there is less value in collecting items, so most people will choose to not explore the final map unless they need to, which is why normally final maps in campaigns only have 1 path to go. In this map, the top left of the map, and the far right of the map had lots of extra boss units/stuff to kill, but there was no need to go there, we only needed to get the two levers to open the door to the final area.
    Also, 5 heroes actually destroyed the entire Flying Fortress? How is the Scourge going to kill the living if they lose a Fortress to just 5 heroes?

Overall thoughts:
    A) I would love to see more AI ally maps, like in Flower Fairy's Nightelf campaign + Blood elf campaign. Ally AI missions are the most fun of all missions in my opinion.

B) I really enjoyed the split faction of evil/good within the humans. I wish we saw more of this in the other races. (In Flower Fairy's Bloodelf campaign for example, "Grom" and his betrayal almost felt unrealistic, but the evil humans in this campaign had real personalities and made the campaign really enjoyable. Hope to see more realistic conflicts within races. For example, Maiev could have a split with the other night elf leaders, or something like that.

So is Flower Fairy's next campaign a dreadlord/vampire campaign? They mentioned something about an experiment with 7 humans, and only 1 survivor (the experiment mixing vampire bats or something like that, bio-engineering). I look forward to it!

4. Andreiki

Andreiki

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wow! Very cool! But add pls gameplay screenshots.

5. Genn Sagirus

Genn Sagirus

Resources:
    Resources:
    Chapter 4, I can't open it, can you explain???

6. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    Part Two of my review

Chapter Two:
    -Attagirl Beve! :thumbs_up::thumbs_up:
    -Ok, so Beve wants Rexxar to escape without killing humans, otherwise she will change her mind and imprison Rexxar again. She just saw her fellow humans treating orcs as guinea pigs but Rexxar killing these same people would be unforgiveable?
    -It is very hard to keep my soldiers alive when they are so low on health when we rescue them. Some of them were killed right after I rescued them from the cells

Chapter Three:
    -The Envenomned Spears lacks a description and its hotkey is the same of the Spear Thrower
    -The Goldmines are too low in gold in my opinion
    -The hardest thing in this map is waiting for the pigs to arrive the ships. :xxd:
    -The mage in the village has no name
    -Wow I just remember that Blood Elves here have chinese names
    -Rexxar had more character development in this map than most characters in an entire campaign
    -Technically Rexxar is not wrong. It is not like the soldiers that tortured him and his fellow orcs were born in Mordor. They were born in villages similar to the one they were attacking
    -'Stormwind Alliance' sounds weird. How about 'Alliance of Stormwind'?

7. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Funny how some rate things without getting the full grasp.

8. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    Have you guys ever realized the amount of campaigns that involve the orcs fleeing or deciding to leave?

The Prologue Campaign from Reign of Chaos: orcs have to leave Lordaeron in order to flee from the demons and find their destiny
    The Exodus of the Horde campaign: orcs have to flee from murlocs and the Sea Witch
    Jeopardy of the Horde: orcs leave Lordaeron
    Second Orc Book of Arkain: orcs depart from their homeland. Centuries later, they have to flee from their islands and find a new home
    A Song of Dream Chasing: orcs leave Outland

What is the reason for this pattern?

9. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Obviously those ones are just rip offs of Warcraft III original lore except for the first two which are Warcraft III lore and should not be taken separately as they are part of the same thing.

10. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    Fair enough.

11. tulee

tulee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It is recommended to use the latest wc3 version for Flower Fairy's campaigns.

12. cleavinghammer

cleavinghammer

Resources:
    Resources:
    General:
    Shaman Claws tooltip ends too soon.
    Fallen Skull: cast raging beast -> summon fel beasts

Prologue:
    Bulag?
    "crustal"->"tectonic"

First level:
    Delay between song end and beginning is too long.
    Ogre creeps don't have names and wonky tooltips.
    The only Draenei units with names are Yrel and the civilians, all four casters lack tooltips.
    End cutscene:
    * Meeting quest marked as completed along with Setting Sail.
    * "transportation ships" -> "transports"
    * "Ok" -> Something like "Good, let's set sail.", it's just off.

13. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey, I am sorry to announce that I will be unable to give my review for a couple of days.
    The charger of my laptop stopped working today and it will take days for a new one to come via mail.

14. cleavinghammer

cleavinghammer

Resources:
    Resources:
    General:
    Envenomed Spears upgrade has no tooltip.
    Narration should not be by (null).
    Level 3 Bear's life drain has no tooltip and should use a passive icon.
    Level 3 totem's slow aura uses the Tornado tooltip.
    Unit name: Plague Bringers -> Plague Bringer

Interlude:
    "experiments" twice in the same sentence.
    Rexxar's line isn't loud enough.

Second mission:
    "Breaking Through Shackles" -> "Breaking The Shackles"
    Intro cutscene:
    * "naughty" isn't strong enough.
    * Camera angle should be changed so you can see the rune on Rexxar instead of just the top (the rest is hidden by the gate).
    There's still a day/night cycle.
    "Leaderboard: Remaining orcs" should read just "Remaining orcs".
    Salamander has no name (and seeing as there already is a blue lizard called a Salamander, maybe give the blue snap dragon a different name). Whatever it drops has no name, item or tooltip.
    "caught" doesn't really seem the right word for skeletons. Maybe "humans are even using undead in their experiments"

Third mission:
    Loading screen calls it Chapter Three.
    Intro cutscene: pig meat -> meat
    "Leaderboard: Wild Pigs Remaining" should read just "Wild Pigs Remaining".
    Town should not use invisible walls. The means of blocking it should also be further out, the buildings are visible by the orcs.
    The two blood elves don't have names.

Second interlude:
    "naughty" isn't strong enough.
    control current -> control the current

Fourth mission:
    Loading screen:
    * shops->ships
    * arrived at -> arrived on
    Player name: Quilboar->Quillboar
    Troll cutscene:
    * "ability, Thrall"->"ability, Thrall."
    * "We own you"->"We owe you"
    Breaking the Encirclement quest has a typo (Encirclemen).
    Quillboar chieftain has no name.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
  15. Alex Geary

Alex Geary

Resources:
    Resources:
    how does the item combining work? how soon can i combine items?

16. cleavinghammer

cleavinghammer

Resources:
    Resources:
    ^ As soon as you have two items marked as combining in the same hero's inventory. It may take some experimenting.

General:
    Searing Axes upgrade and ability has no tooltip. When researched, no text shows up.
    Piercing Spears ability has no tooltip and should have a passive icon.
    If Hurl Boulder is one-use, there should be a 1 on the icon as with Huntress Sentinels. But why is it one-use in the first place?
    Wyvern: "A flying close range" -> "Flying melee"
    Tauren: "A large" -> "Heavy melee"
    Refined Boots -> Boots of Quel'Thalas

"a boulder region" -> "a rocky area" or "a place with many boulders".
    Got the boulder quest dialogue almost at the same time as the centaur/tauren dialogue.
    Boulder region should have more rocks.
    Hurl Boulder has no tooltip.
    Hurl Boulder ability needs to be researched after completing the quest.
    Only T1 upgrades despite having T3 hall.
    Main Tauren building has no name.
    "Tauren Bluff Ally" -> "Rally Tauren Bluff" or similar
    Given how easy it is to take out the pink and yellow centaur bases before even getting to Cairn, the Tauren-finding quest should be available before meeting him, as soon as you run into them (and the dialogue with Cairn plays if no Tauren have been found).
    Maybe give names to the centaur tribes.
    During the end cutscene, the berserk sound plays as the troll messengers arrive.
    NW centaurs seem to stop attacking after the first quest is done.

Interlude:
    "baptized by the Scourge" -> what?
    Faol asks Mara a question but Wrynn answers.
    "fulfil your allegiance to" -> "do your part for" or similar (also, fulfil -> fulfill)

Sixth mission (not completed yet):
    Intro cutscene: study -> sturdy
    Once And For All quest is named One And For All.
    Why the weird wolf howl for nightfall?
    No counter to tell you how many centaur are left to kill. And given that it's to feed kodos, it could really be kill 50 or 100 anythings.

17. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    fulfil :p

18. Alex Geary

Alex Geary

Resources:
    Resources:
    Honestly, there should have been a nearby expansion in chapter 8. Main base gold mine ran out too quick imo.

19. cleavinghammer

cleavinghammer

Resources:
    Resources:
    ^^ Huh. I only ever saw it with two ls. Well, three.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019