ImportantThis campaign was made by Flower Fairy. She is the author of this campaign. The campaign is being posted on HiveWorkShop on her behalf with her express permission.
The campaign was originally posted here:
血色征程完整版！ - 自定义战役系列地图讨论区 - 游久社区 - bbs.uuu9.com
Of Crimson Tides
Of Crimson TidesThis campaign follows He Xiaoshu and the blood elves. This campaign is comprised of 11 playable missions and 9 cinematic missions, and follows the style of the Blizzard campaign with RTS-style missions as well as RPG-style missions.
Due to the conversion tool used to convert the campaign to the standard world editor, it is recommended to play the campaign using the most recent patch.
List of Flower Fairy's Campaigns
He Xiaoshu: The main character of the campaign. Even though she had an unhappy childhood, she relied on her optimism and hard work to eventually became the deputy president of Dalaran. She is a pacifist who draws a clear line between what she likes and doesn't like, and knows right from wrong. She is also a competent leader. This time, however, she and her allies will face an unprecedented crisis...
Thrall: The warchief of the horde, he is always thinking about his people's future, and even makes sacrifices for them. He was saved by He Xiaoshu during an outing. He realizes that in order to give his people lasting peace, sacrifices must be made--- allying himself with the foreign blood elves.
Lor'themar Theron: Once a nameless rogue swordsman, he was able to become a battle mage of Dalaran after the Dalaran president took a liking to him. As such, he is often blindly loyal to the president and has no views of his own. After witnessing the president's betrayal, he realizes who is the true leader of Dalaran.
Maiev: She is a consistently arrogant avenger. She once used her allies to achieve her revenge without scruples, leading to everyone becoming alienated from her in the end. With new allies this time, will she treat them as she did her old allies? Valkyire said that her only goal in life was revenge. What meaning will her life hold once her revenge is accomplished?
Akama: Once a general of the draenei, after being afflicted by a demonic curse and being forced to become the demons' slave, he and his followers declared themselves The Broken. After being persuaded by He Xiaoshu, his lost heart finally found a shore to stop at. He leads his forces to help He Xiaoshu break out of prison and joins her ranks.
Yrel: She is the commander of the draenei. After witnessing the sacrifice her mentor A'dal made, she understands she is the last guardian of the light. She follows He Xiaoshu to the black citadel with the intent of making the demons pay in blood.
Message from Flower Fairy (creator): This campaign takes some inspiration from Tomoraider and Sclammerz.
These are the hiveworkshop resources in use, based on the automatic credit generator:
Resources in Use by Of Crimson Tides | HIVE
Bymighty, rightfield, miseracord, will the almighty, daelin, kuhneghetz, general frank, norinrad, epion, jetfanginferno, kitabatake, callahan, splashy5, dojo, lord_t, demon boy, bloody_turds, infrenus, dickxunder, champara bros, hawkwing, assasin_lord, hanza-ru, mephestrial, quech, noypi, thrikodius, supertoinkz, cavman, sellenisko, just_spectating, rama462, proxy, -grendel, peekay, sin'dorei300, wandering soul, power, shyrony, whitedeath, jesushipster, ujimasa hojo, andrewoverload519, eubz, nightskyaurora, kimbo, whitewolf8, kangyun, reflex, horusrogue, darkholme, frlky, 67chrome, daenar7, mc !, link_iceblader, kyzerdrood32, darkfang, crazyrussian, cloudwolf, viiva, bigapple90, mr,goblin, palaslayer, inhuman89, nfwar, hellx-magnus, orthon, m0rbid, zbc, nelsonlaje, marcos DAB, heinvers, ~nightmare, solu9, edge45, murlocologist, ghostthruster,
Message from Flower Fairy (creator): This campaign takes some inspiration from Tomoraider and Sclammerz.
These people helped in various ways in bringing the campaign to hiveworkshop.
Ghostwolf- YDWE conversion tool, Wareditor + Quinten- map description title picture, Deepstrasz- various things, Naruto- helping contact the author, Tuwnew- map template.
H-Oct-v0.02- Initial Upload
H-Oct-v0.03- All missions locked, swordsman tooltip, ballista tooplist, barracks/sanctum/archer/sorceress/dragonhawk nest full-stop added, farm name, you "are" dad's..., Out of Touch-- Non-Responding, villager "leader", "task is to destroy"
H-Oct-v0.05- mission 2 you are- your,vereesa name fixed, genn howl of terror name, summoned thing- summoned unit, evil archer- fel crossbowman, dark shaman tooltip spells, claw of shaman reduced description length so can display, giant abomination name, necromancer boss name, zepplin parts tooltip/name, mission 4 "search for dreadlord- main quest, flame fantasy- fire fantasy, mission 4 give back to them also- give back to them as well, mission 4 jubei'thos line fixed somewhat, (dungeon interlude)- execute them after three days (without immediately), transmit-put, mission 5- city of dranei brethren- city of draenei, out of the inferno - main quest, who are they- who are these people, dark shadow name transmissions fixed, magic suppression debuff toolip + name, aethalas healing wave + tranquility toolip/name, vereesa marksmanship/starfall tooltip/name
H-Oct-v0.06- map11 boss message fixed, antonidas speech lines slight correction, holy priest + holy witch spell tooltip, map12 patchwerk name, sewed-together, final line by jubei'thos corrected, map13 capital letters "Black Citadel",map14 "break free", gemstone "Dalaran" name fixed.
H-Oct-v0.08- Seer adept training- banish, salamander "lightning", catapult name + tooltip, fel orc catapult buff name + tooltip, "Grom must not die", "scum", tyke- boy, "I never liked you", "In the Black Citadel in northern Outland", "scum", "from", "orders", "The responsibility they have taken on, revenge and their righteous cause", removed 1 "stubbornly", greater heal- heal, flame strike- breath of fire, "An unsettling aura is emanating from...", "only part of our army", Mannoroth lines matched, "power of the elements is", Kil'jaeden name added for line missing it, "shrine",
H-Oct-v0.09- All campaign buttons unhidden from start, since from mission 5 onwards there are not unhidden.
H-OCT-v0.552 - reverted to 0.06 to avoid corruption on AI, corrected all language/ grammar changes from 0.08 and 0.09, at the author's request (flower Fairy) censored some writing on the items and afternote regarding "Lucky Skk"
Some players are playing it on a lower version, like 1.28 and maybe below. I only wrote "1.29" because I am not sure if saving a campaign on 1.29 will make it 1.29 exclusive or not.Dont have 1.29 nor 1.30
I think blizzard took all the pandaren names from a pool of chinese-sounding names.I somehow have an issue of accepting ''He Xiaoshu'' into Blood Elven lore. Kind of kills the immersion for me, it'd be better if she was Lyeaana or whatever, some elven name, but being the only Asian Blood Elf in Warcraft lore is kind of weird. Name fits Pandaren better than a Blood Elf, that's for sure.
When this campaign is approved by the moderators, I will upload another creator's campaign first (Cf XingKong). When his campaign is approved, then I will upload Flower Fairy's 3rd campaign.When do you think the third campaign will be ready?
so now it will be approved ?
beginning: good luck hoping for people to understand much with faster than light transmissions.
- -cinematic scenes are not skippable; this is a pain if you want to restart or load before a scene
- -gnoll chieftains are pocket pickers now?
- -gnoll overseer=/=chieftain but heh; the optional quest is a joke
- -flat terrain is flat
- -Vitality Aura doesn't have a passive icon; you could make it so with this: Button Manager v1.8.2
- -music should be played with the other trigger not to be heard through the sound channel
- -units selected during cinematic mode
- -Arcane Scroll is too expensive for what it does
- -worgen hunters have hero glow; wolf deity too; same with the prophet
- -not sure why the last tier is available; it doesn't enable anything or maybe the Multishot?
- -Multishot looks as if it's disabled. Use the program I've linked earlier to make the icon look normally
- -Vorpal Blades' used icon is not the passive looking one
- -attacks are so often to the point of annoyance; it's hard to leave your base to attack anything especially that the ally is suicidal; also the ally is not engaged by neutral hostile units which shouldn't be right in their way; but the biggest problem is that their (enemy) units are much more stronger than yours
- -F for farm doesn't work
- -flat terrain again; bridges improperly placed (use shift+page up/down to raise/lower doodads)
- -having to destroy every building to win and not only production facilities and workers
- -the ally's shop has the last tier items but the player's doesn't?
- -Greymane is red in transmissions
- -many hero spells and abilities in general are Warcraft III ones with changed icons and names
- -Shield Wall and Heavy Armour are passive but the icons don't like so. Same with Worgen Claws
- -Wolf Deity also has Roar; they don't stack
- -the shop still doesn't have last tier items (e.g. an orb)
- -Worgen units are useless as they get possessed and that's it
- -looks weird for neutral units to be in the way of the undead and player's allies without them engaging the neutrals
- -Pheonix Strike doesn't say how much damage it deals; also it's very weak, only good for the stun if you want to run away
- -Illusion says it deals damage as the unit it is based on but you can't choose which unit to create illusions from; it's Mirror Image
- -for some reason, the allied AI's troops remain out of the base...
- -Blazing Warlock has hero glow
- -Multishot has the hotkey written. Why if it's a passive ability?
- -the murloc camp is useless; there heroes are too strong anyway and you don't find anything there
- -also, find the goblins when they're just near the base and the place is also under fog of war?
- -so, they're not supposed to send their heroes for attack?
- -goblin engineers look exactly like Gazlowe
- -the giant murloc does not deal damage (on illusions)?
- -by the way, Genn looks like his face is a skull; also the portrait has a hat
- -why is Varimathras and the dreadlord's undead red like the player's colour?
- -the dreadlord disappears suddenly with no FX; looks bad
- -the items from Genn? Where are they?
- -demons sleeping in the middle of the road?
- -look, a random shaman! Let's help him and draw attention that we're here!
- -Thrall's icon does not fit
- -I don't want to hear/see another word about this not being a rehashed Warcraft III alternate storyline as not only the number of characters but also their personalities and acquaintance have been mostly kept. There is no excuse when the protagonist is named He Xiaoshu but the rest have Warcraft names and more
- -Orcish Spear Thrower's soundset is that of the Grunt instead of the Wind Rider
- -Mathog doesn't have hero glow; you could add one: How to add Hero Glow without Modeling
- -the enemy heroes might remain out of their bases
- -ambushed!? The demons were in front; the heroes were not surrounded
- -the sky can be seen through the terrain in the last scene (see pic)
- -He Xiaoshu's animation freezes after casting the portal; the same happens to Gul'dan after transforming Grom; also Grom is not red in transmissions
- -put them in the dungeon? What cartoony twists this story has... the other two orc heroes were killed in an instant but Thrall and the elven heroes should be imprisoned?
- -interlude: how does Maiev know He is a president? So, they locked them there for three days while giving them a chance to escape!?
- -the story is worse than in the Lonely Nightstar. At least there, things were a bit more different than Warcraft and somewhat made more sense, in a way
- -didn't we kill Jubei'thos in the previous chapter?
- -so, if He doesn't know about Shattrah, how does the character know of the Draenei and/or the Broken?
- -saving Thrall is too easy and he's too near the start of the map
- -this level is totally linear and made of narrow lanes
- -as if Thrall had not seen undead before; warlocks and dark magiks were already on Draenor; was the character living in a cave all lifetime before finally deciding to get out and be attacked by fel orcs?
- -chief necromancer has hero glow but is not a hero; same with the nathrezim elites
- -some prisoners were placed in such a huge cell that you'd say it was a hall room where they gathered for revolt
- -makes no sense: dark shadow appeared out of nowhere, out of context
- -units selected during cinematic mode
- -if you don't click continue after the victory message, you don't get the next chapter button in the campaign menu; actually it doesn't matter, it does not appear regardless
- interlude: how did they get to Shattrah before the demons if they were locked for two days and who knows how much it took to get to the city afterwards?
- -what horde? Some few prisoners? Who knows how long it'll take for Thrall's clan to be notified, convinced to fight and then come to Shattrah
- -this chapter does not appear in the campaign menu either... this issue needs to be fixed because if you don't save, you have to play from chapter five again plus the difficulty resets with each chapter and you have to start the levels through the campaign menu and choose the difficulty manually (this last one is the game's fault)
- -worgen workers remained idle (not paused) after meeting Genn
- -prophet has essence of blight but well, should that work on non-undead units?
- -worgen weapon and armour upgrades say it's for blood elven units...
- -you can't build properly because of the unbuildable tile (road) in the base...
- -there isn't enough wood in the base; you have to fight three enemies almost at the same time and no expansion nearby
- -you can't possibly face two armies at the same time; it's 100 food vs 200 food
- -you can't really make haste to kill the succubus when you're attacked all the time plus the defenses there are pretty tough for one run; this level or at least, this part of it suffers from bad design; it's pretty much a gamble until you realize, until you can get enough troops to get to the demoness, how often the enemy AI attacks and so on; things wouldn't be so bad, probably if those demon gates weren't spawning more demons
- -Arcane Golems have an issue with their healthbars being too high (above)
- -Blazing Warlocks have hero glow and not decay animation thus their bodies remain on the ground
- -allies attack demons which are not in their bases because they are not neutral hostile but actually belong to enemy AI players
- -the demon bases don't send troops to attack?
- -staff of pain's icon looks like a passive ability icon
- -when the last part of the level starts (Dalaran etc.) the units are ordered to attack somewhere and you have to manually stop them not to go suicidal
- -this last part of the level's design looks very similar maybe heavily inspired by the Gilneas map from Warseeker's Legacy of Lordaeron?
- -when fighting the minibosses before Antonidas, you can draw the minions out few by few
- -how did the shadow rune get here!? Lor'themar isn't even there... wait... it's all the items from him and the rune... but they were all one over the other, still doesn't make sense for the rune to be here now
- -the item model looks like a rune but it's not an actual Warcraft III type rune
- -the orcs are attacking too often
- -He's invulnerability spell is random, sometimes, some heroes don't get the protection
- -this level is impossible on normal (I think it's normal depending on what difficulty it puts me after a level loads after another); they are just attacking without respite to the point that only 5 heroes are no match against 3 armies and their heroes but with some luck you could just wait near A'dal but you can't heal the unit and the enemy prioritizes it... yeah... loading might make all the AI troops come so no, it's really bad design again
- -draenei civilians are appearing out of nowhere
- -there were idle demons when A'dal was talking with the heroes at the end
- -the heroes are pretty stupid if they thought that A'dal would leave (later!?); it was pretty obvious what the idea was from the start; moreover, they turned back...
- -there was no need for the old man transmission
- -interlude: the city does not look like it is in ruins
- -A'dal actually expected them to return!? What if the explosion failed to kill all/most of the enemies?
- -hi dad, bye dad....
- -Medivh should disappear at the same time the FX does not after
- -again, upgrades mention blood elves but there are none
- -Heal switches place with Healing Wave upon load game
- -there's another building that overwrites the G hotkey of the towers
- -you can first draw each ogre chieftain out and then face their boss
- -this campaign suffers from intense attacking which I'm not sure you've actually tested you can beat; trying to kill Sapphiron with the intense attacks going on isn't a smart idea
- -every chapter seemingly has the issue with units remaining selected during cinematic mode
- -it's as if Thrall somehow found out about Grom being corrupted by Gul'dan but it happened behind the scenes?
- -surely, this is not a rehash of a RoC campaign map at all
- -the AI friend has all Peons on the mine, none on the wood and there are more than 5
- -broken workers don't have resource carrying animations; there surely is or are some models like this on the site
- -Seer's Den needs a bigger selection circle; it's not even visible; same with War Mill
- -Immolation upgrade's icon is that of a passive spell; it should look like the active Immolation
- -the yellow base is invulnerable... same with the green one; it forces you to go for the Grom quest first
- -why is it named Lost Shop if they are the Broken and not Lost ones?
- -La-Mani is very weak; why is there a throne like that where Grom is? Mani isn't a hero so the body remains on the floor
- -you can mine all free mines before engaging Grom
- -purples don't attack, don't have troops?
- -if you kill Grom you get a defeat message with ! instead of any text.
- -first Grom should have less than 50% HP so you could use the orb on the hero otherwise you can just run in there use the item and run without a problem
- -the green base is dead in the sense that it does nothing; not sure if it's some latency before the AI starts or not; same with yellow and they don't even have a hero; same with the brown ones; so I guess this level is pretty broken; first I've finished the optional quest, killed some of the orcs near the bases edges, then went for Grom but did not destroy the purple base entirely
- -Gul'dan just disappeared...
- -Maiev is red in transmissions
- -allies don't harvest lumber but only gold; all their workers are on the mines
- -they don't send troops to attack, the enemy? They don't even defend the bases when you're attacking them... they don't harvest, the AI simply is not enabled or does not work; they don't have any troops but the idle workers
- -the other Lukky item is on Yrel and I can't control the hero...
- -why give a hint instead of writing it as an objective that the allied bases have to stand?
- -Shadows of Hared, last level? Throughout, many similarities to campaigns from the Hiveworkshop can be seen but most are from the one I've mentioned earlier; actually this level is pretty much a copy of that one...
- -three times to fight Gul'dan in three different levels? Meh
- -the demons' strategy is kind of stupid; they don't ambush and they are not all fighting together
- -Thrall: "Now defeat him!" but Thrall was dead...
- -problem is, Sargeras runs in corners because of Maiev's and Xiaoshu's first spells and it's hard to hit the demon
- -epilogue: all heroes were alive though I've only had 3 left
- -Maiev should have still wanted to live to also defeat Sargeras, maybe?
The Afternote is nothing but trouble. I don't care what your issue with some random dude is/was but it has no place here. This map should be removed entirely.
Awaiting Update until the issues under spoiler tags (whitened text) are fixed/removed.
As long as the AI is working properly and there's no name and shame, yes. The site allows discussions about people in the Staff Contact when there is offense and controversy involved. I know it may sound unfair because, yeah, there would be no problem in congratulating someone or talking good about a person but nobody knows about the person in question. What if the author is lying or exaggerating? Plus, this is something between them. This site's users are here to play, mod and so on, not instigate drama. One thing is making an Easter Egg of such a person and one thing is to blatantly spew insults.If these things are done, can it be approved?
There was the 1.30.1 update that came out yesterday. Will that fix the crashes?Ok. I will post the last version made on 1.29, so there will still be a few grammar mistakes, but the AI for the Grom mission/final RTS mission will be working at least.
The missions will be unlocked from start, so that issue of it not showing will be solved that way.
I think it's sad that the final afternote cannot be included, as it gives a chance to see a manifestation of the original author (flower fair)'s personality. It's funny--- the person she talked about seemed to engage in personal attacks against her, but now the afternote mission cannot be included because it is viewed as a personal attack against that person ha-ha. I can just hide it for now in the mission list
When the next stable version comes out, I can fix the final missions' grammar errors, + some of the additional language things you mentioned (Worgen/Draenei upgrades mentioning Blood-elves in the tool tip) etc.
If these things are done, can it be approved?
Changes made...Ok, fixed AI corruption, all buttons un-hidden, corrected all language/ grammar changes from newer versions, at the author's request (flower Fairy) censored some writing on the items and afternote regarding "Lucky Skk", the ghoul has also been renamed to "Big Ghoul".
Now I shall review this last campaign
Loading screen: "from the Alliance"
-Some phrases stay too little time for me to read them full (same to all missions)
-Those tombstones seem kind of too creepy for people of Dalaran.
-The exclamation mark above a villager appears in the cinematic
"helped... founding Dalaran"
-Units should have their abilities follow QWER (same to all missions)
-The 'Vitality Aura' icon should be a Passive One (same to all missions)
-He Xiaoshu reacts way too composed after seeing a slaughtered village
"an alive one here"
-You should put in the first main quest the detail "Alert Professor Sunreaver of what you found out". Because after killing the two trolls in the village there was no explanation of what to do next
"trolls have destroyed"
"the residents killed and revived as undead"
-Genn's model is weird
-Magic City and Magic Temple upgrades should have capital letters
-Many of the buildings in the Worker's building panel don't have their names starting with capital letters
-Review and fix the hotkeys for the upgrades
"putted the worgen curse on us"
"Dark Clouds of Dalaran" or "Dark Clouds on Dalaran"?
-Ok, I don't understand. Antonidas said first that they had no reason to attack the undead since they didn't attack Dalaran, but a few sentences later he says that the undead are indeed attacking them?
-The messenger didn't even ask them to reconsider her plead, even though the world is at stake
-That was the fastest vote and change of decision ever!
-That amount of events was too fast. First, Dalaran decides to attack the undead, then Antonidas tells Lor'themar that He Xiaoshu might be suspicious and then Antonidas turns out to be a servant of the demons.
-I never liked Antonidas in the Warcraft lore pretty much. Mostly because I am a fan of Kel'Thuzad
-Make Genn's abilities more unique
-Lor'themar's Shield Wall ability should have a passive icon
-The orange undead team decides to go attack from the same size as the other teams, even though they have a clear path to my base
"Outland" (same to all missions)
-Wow Antonidas is such a racist and condescending prick!
-Oh, so Outland is in the same world as them.
"dreadlord" not "dread lord"
"Horde" not "horde"
-Thrall's item says that it increases damage by 12, but it actually increases by 15
-Why does ou base lack Peons?
-Orcish Spear Throwers do no not have Capital letters in the Barracks
-Why did Kargath's model changed from the previous campaign?
-Seriously? Grom became corrupted just like that? Half of this world is composed of reasonable people and the other half is of gullible and hypocritrical idiots that will betray everyone for power
-These must be the worst villains in any fanmade campaign's history! Let's review
--They had the Deputy President of Dalaran and the Warchief of the Horde in their grasps and they simply imprisoned them
--They decided to execute such important people only after three days pass
--They decided not to execute Maiev right away, despite the fact that they lost Lordaeron because of her
--They putted He Xiaoushi and Maiev on cells right next to each other
--They left said prisioners on the guard of people that clearly resent the demons
"Balnazzar's and Mannoroth's forces"
"By the Light"
-The statues next to Thrall's cell are positioned to the wall. Is this on purpose?
-The imprisoned orcs should only join us after we break their cells
"Why have you come...?"
-If He Xiaoushi made a portal for Dalaran, then why didn't Lor'themar got there instantly?
-All the worgen units and buildings do not have their names spelled with capital letters (same to all missions)
-Aethas' abilities are too generic
-The Dreadlord already has Vampiric Aura so why does he need Mask of Death?
"Black Citadel" not "black citadel"
-The Shattrah Deffenders AI should be capable of replenishing the forces guarding the entrances
-You should warn us that we have access to the other heroes' items
-Yay! We can kill Putress many times over!
-The Draenei have the same problem as the Worgen
-The Broken Draenei is on a location too difficult to reach
-Our gold mine ran out before the ones of other bases
-The Broken have the same problem as Draenei and Worgen
-Even though Akama has Orb of Venom, he can't attack flying units. Why?
-Fix the positions of the upgrades
-Why is the yellow orc base invulnerable?
-Immolation upgrade should have an Active icon instead of a Passive one
-Our Gold mine ran out before the ones of other bases
Say my thanks to Flower Fairy for making this campaign
Flower Fairy is working on The Song Of Dream,her 4th campaign.But she is a senior high school student in Grade 3,she is very busy.
Indeed, the three campaigns need proper difficulty options.It's a real shame too because these maps have a lot of effort put into them, that much is clear, and if wasn't for this problem they'd be very good, but this one issue makes them nigh unplayable. On Chapter 3: Comprehensive Counter-Attack, the four enemy bases attacked me with over 800 units over 30 minutes before I finally decided to give up.
I also enjoy how Flower Fairy foreshadowed the next campaign with the vision He Xiaoshu has at the end of this campaign (regarding the undead). I also liked the character of He Xiaoshu a lot, it had good character development (though characters that are too "good" often have difficulty becoming realistic, since in reality it is hard for us to emphasize with someone who just does good things all the time.)
Yes there is you can see at the description. anyway here it is.the campaign was awesome is there a next part tho?
for me to kill time
and also I was fascinated
if you would, please give me some recommendations for a really good custom campaign <3
This is an enjoyable campaign. However, Maeiv only exists to whine and complain and be a Cunt. Someone please kill that annoying peasant!!
Even more unbalanced than the previous campaign, unfortunately. Needed the power of Whosyourdaddy sometimes and greedisgood. Even though I spam my skills, and got the best items, I always get overwhelmed.