• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Lone Panther

Well, here it is...finally.

The Lone Panther is a new cinematic series that takes place in the same world as my previous cinematic series, the Sect of the Holy Mother, took place and that's the world of Kaliim. The events in the Lone Panther are about 25 years after the events in the Sect of the Holy Mother.

I am not yet sure how many chapters will I release but I believe it's safe to say that you can expect no less then five chapters, but probably more.

Well, I leave you now to watch The Lone Panther 1 - Blackened History.

Enjoy!

Keywords:
Panther, Kaliim, Lone, Sect, Holy Mother, awesome, sequal, the, best, popular, History, Blackened
Contents

The Lone Panther (Map)

Reviews
22:03, 12th May 2012 Vengeancekael: A cinematic of definitely high quality and something that should inspire many modders! While it's not quite worthy of a DC due to some odd voice acting, etc., it's still an amazing cinematic to watch.
Level 14
Guys, thanks to TheDeatHunterxx who created my own fan club ^.^ I am going to answer a bunch of questions I got from you over the last several months, one question every two or three days. Here is the first answer. Fell free to join the group and discuss about the Tales of Kaliim.

Level 14
Kaliim is the world in which the Sect of the Holy Mother and The Lone Panther are situated.

If we were to link the two stories they would be:
Tales of Kaliim 1: The Sect of the Holy Mother
Tales of Kaliim 2: The Lone Panther

Level 12
1) Cinematics in the Hive workshop ARE MEANT TO BE WATCHED!
The cinematic is not meant to have gameplay. If you want to find this out, go and create a small cinematic scene, and then add some sort of gameplay with it ( like a small RPG ) and you will soon see that your map will be put into THE RPG section, not the CINEMATIC section.

2 ) Cinematics dont NEED a skip trigger. IF you make a a cinematic like this have a skip trigger, the warcraft 3 would simply close, and you wouldn't be able to watch the rest of the movie ( cinematic )

3) The lone Panther is the best cinematic on the site, and i doubt that you could make something better than this.
In fact, you should try ? Everything you say it should have ? Make a cinematic of what you think a cinematic is supposed to have, and then see if its a hit.

1+2=you say cins doesnt need skip, I say it would be nice if they have, it is work for about few sec and doesnt kill the creator.

"IF you make a a cinematic like this have a skip trigger, the warcraft 3 would simply close, and you wouldn't be able to watch the rest of the movie"-wrong argument, the skip is for the closing of cin, thats not negative point of it, it is its purpose. Why alt+f4 and close all game if it can be done with esp and wc3 still runing?

3.I dont think this map is best cin in this map (in fact, not the best map of its author so far) but nevermind, I ask why did you wrote about me and making better cin than this? I dont need to make new maps, I've got one here to discuss about, and if you doubt I can make better, so I tell you, you can doubt. But even if I made I would be pleased for the critics.

anyway, only you here understood that this is discussion and not flaming room as many of others think it is.

Level 14
So...it's a 3/5 because it doesn't support more players?! It's a cinematic...I don't believe this, the only two cinematics you rated out of my 9 is this one and part 6 only because the two of them had perfect scores 5.00. The two aren't even related that much especially since you watched?(did you?) part 6 first, meaning you had no idea that it might be related with the Lone Panther 1. Do you think I'm blind enough not to see this?

I don't have problem with the grade, but here it's just too obvious that the only reason you rated is so that it would remove the perfect score.

Why should a cinematic have multilayer anyway?! What's the point? You can't chat, you can't move, it's 100% the same as single player, especially since it's too big to host on battle net!

Why don't you go rate CotD, Shipwrecked, CotN, Spirit of Vengeance...all of them are for 1 player as well because, guess what, that's what a cinematic is, a single player movie.

Last edited:

Cokemonkey11

Code Reviewer
Level 29
So...it's a 3/5 because it doesn't support more players?! It's a cinematic...I don't believe this, the only two cinematics you rated out of my 9 is this one and part 6 only because the two of them had perfect scores 5.00. The two aren't even related that much especially since you watched?(did you?) part 6 first, meaning you had no idea that it might be related with the Lone Panther 1. Do you think I'm blind enough not to see this?

I don't have problem with the grade, but here it's just too obvious that the only reason you rated is so that it would remove the perfect score.

Why should a cinematic have multilayer anyway?! What's the point? You can't chat, you can't move, it's 100% the same as single player, especially since it's too big to host on battle net!

Why don't you go rate CotD, Shipwrecked, CotN, Spirit of Vengeance...all of them are for 1 player as well because, guess what, that's what a cinematic is, a single player movie.

I've watched all of your cinematics (downloaded them all in the same day actually) and rated the first one. Rated the first one and came back; downloaded this one, rated.

You're like the assholes who invent conspiracy theories. You think you see a pattern some how? Do yourself a favor and stop being an idiot.

And I didn't rate your map 3/5. I put 4/5.

HOWEVER I apologize for suggestion multiplayer if the map is too big for battle.net. I never even realized this.

Level 14
The thing is, you did downgrade the only two maps that had a perfect rating. And you call me an idiot, when it is you who give a reason for downgrade "It's not multiplayer ready".

I remember your earlier downgrade, back when my SotHM 7 had a perfect score:

It is not multiplayer ready, I am very biased towards games that require or at least suggest teamplay.

I know that sounds like a bad reason to rate well made original map "average", but thats what it is to me - just an average (1) player map...

Why not make it an online campaign..? Even 2-4 players is sufficient IMO.

WTF? I stood silently, didn't even complain, but this is just WAY TO OBVIOUS. I mean come on, downgrading the only 3 maps that had a perfect score?

Level 25
seemed very long and I wish it supported more players!
you have no tast in art and dont apreciate tallant.
maximum map size for multiplayer is 4mb, so that was a stupid suggetion from you, you need to know more before random talk.

I've watched all of your cinematics (downloaded them all in the same day actually) and rated the first one. Rated the first one and came back; downloaded this one, rated.

You're like the assholes who invent conspiracy theories. You think you see a pattern some how? Do yourself a favor and stop being an idiot.

And I didn't rate your map 3/5. I put 4/5.

HOWEVER I apologize for suggestion multiplayer if the map is too big for battle.net. I never even realized this.

every person even moderators find it exelant, but you gave it and 4/5, who are you to decide that this map is not perfect, remembre you are not watching a high quality movie, this is a warcraft 3 map, i dare anyone to create such a map, with an incredible storie and imagination, you sir have lost your respect in this post, you are still a beginner here (better than saying noob) and you dont know mush about map making and triggering and how difficulte to make a cinematic like this one, C Market worked hard on each of his cinematics to make them almost perfect (nothing is perfect).
im sorry but i need to tell you this: you are the idiot, please if you dont like this map, dont download the next version, this map is only reserved for winners, and like you said winning is for winners and i dont think you are one.
have a nice day:smile:
good bye and good luck

Cokemonkey11

Code Reviewer
Level 29
you have no tast in art and dont apreciate tallant.
maximum map size for multiplayer is 4mb, so that was a stupid suggetion from you, you need to know more before random talk.

every person even moderators find it exelant, but you gave it and 4/5, who are you to decide that this map is not perfect, remembre you are not watching a high quality movie, this is a warcraft 3 map, i dare anyone to create such a map, with an incredible storie and imagination, you sir have lost your respect in this post, you are still a beginner here (better than saying noob) and you dont know mush about map making and triggering and how difficulte to make a cinematic like this one, C Market worked hard on each of his cinematics to make them almost perfect (nothing is perfect).
im sorry but i need to tell you this: you are the idiot, please if you dont like this map, dont download the next version, this map is only reserved for winners, and like you said winning is for winners and i dont think you are one.
have a nice day:smile:
good bye and good luck

I began to quote your message when orca returned this:
c4bf34a47eaf6928e536e96d5a99dfb0.png

Please don't start talking to me about loss of respect until you can present me with a readable paragraph. You don't know who I am or my background and I'll start by saying I'm an administrator of an art forum and therefor most likely have a taste in art. I appreciate talent where talent is deserved. I know maximum map size is 4mb (on BNET) and even apologized to CMarket for not realizing it when I said it. No suggestion is stupid, and I know more than you. I understand everyone around from "fanboys" to newer people to moderators find this map excellent, but who are YOU to tell me I'm not entitled to my own opinion? I understand the map and the storyline make this map very nice, but 4/5 is very nice and that's what I rated it. I am most definitely not a beginner here and I guarantee I know more about map making and triggering than you. I haven't seen CMarket's code in these maps yet but I guarantee if they aren't done in 100% flawless leakless vJass, I can do better. I agree CMarket worked hard on these maps and they are well made. I'm not going to deny you of your opinion, and if you think I am an idiot, well congratulations.
Have a nice day; good bye and good luck.

Level 23
<>I haven't seen CMarket's code in these maps yet but I guarantee if they aren't done in 100% flawless leakless vJass, I can do better

Im just going to say, that, in a single player cinematic, triggers doesnt matter that much. if the cinematic would be coded in Gui or in Jass would actually show a small effect. Jass is only more efficient in this matter. Just some info^^ No offense from me.

Edit: I didnt really follow what you argued above, I read the last post, sorry for that. So maybe this reply was haphazard

Level 25
I began to quote your message when orca returned this:
c4bf34a47eaf6928e536e96d5a99dfb0.png

Please don't start talking to me about loss of respect until you can present me with a readable paragraph. You don't know who I am or my background and I'll start by saying I'm an administrator of an art forum and therefor most likely have a taste in art. I appreciate talent where talent is deserved. I know maximum map size is 4mb (on BNET) and even apologized to CMarket for not realizing it when I said it. No suggestion is stupid, and I know more than you. I understand everyone around from "fanboys" to newer people to moderators find this map excellent, but who are YOU to tell me I'm not entitled to my own opinion? I understand the map and the storyline make this map very nice, but 4/5 is very nice and that's what I rated it. I am most definitely not a beginner here and I guarantee I know more about map making and triggering than you. I haven't seen CMarket's code in these maps yet but I guarantee if they aren't done in 100% flawless leakless vJass, I can do better. I agree CMarket worked hard on these maps and they are well made. I'm not going to deny you of your opinion, and if you think I am an idiot, well congratulations.
Have a nice day; good bye and good luck.
why so angry, english is my 3rd language, and it does not have a relation with anything, i dont know you or your back ground, but from the first look you seemed anoying, and you lost your respect by many people, been a teacher in a school dont mean a person is smart, same thing, been an administrator of an art forum dont mean you have a taste in art, this is not a fact, and it is not proven, "I appreciate talent where talent is deserved" "and I know more than you" you dont seem to appreciate anything, you seem like you only talk about yourself and you think your better than people, "I haven't seen CMarket's code in these maps yet but I guarantee if they aren't done in 100% flawless leakless vJass, I can do better." how do you know, and why do you think you can do better, if you can do better then do a better cinematic, i am waiting to see what you got.
hope you stop making lame excuse about my english in your next replies and stop talking things you are and what you can do

"a person cant know himself well, others do"
good luck and have fun:thumbs_up:
and btw
Grow up

Cokemonkey11

Code Reviewer
Level 29
<>I haven't seen CMarket's code in these maps yet but I guarantee if they aren't done in 100% flawless leakless vJass, I can do better

Im just going to say, that, in a single player cinematic, triggers doesnt matter that much. if the cinematic would be coded in Gui or in Jass would actually show a small effect. Jass is only more efficient in this matter. Just some info^^ No offense from me.

Edit: I didnt really follow what you argued above, I read the last post, sorry for that. So maybe this reply was haphazard

In a single player cinematic nothing that has to do with lag or leaks matter, you're right. Sorry for not specifying. I was sort of answering what Joe said in order. He mentioned something about me not knowing how to trigger for maps.

why so angry, english is my 3rd language, and it does not have a relation with anything, i dont know you or your back ground, but from the first look you seemed anoying, and you lost your respect by many people, been a teacher in a school dont mean a person is smart, same thing, been an administrator of an art forum dont mean you have a taste in art, this is not a fact, and it is not proven, "I appreciate talent where talent is deserved" "and I know more than you" you dont seem to appreciate anything, you seem like you only talk about yourself and you think your better than people, "I haven't seen CMarket's code in these maps yet but I guarantee if they aren't done in 100% flawless leakless vJass, I can do better." how do you know, and why do you think you can do better, if you can do better then do a better cinematic, i am waiting to see what you got.
hope you stop making lame excuse about my english in your next replies and stop talking things you are and what you can do

"a person cant know himself well, others do"
good luck and have fun:thumbs_up:
and btw
Grow up

I'll admit the whole time I was arguing against your spelling I was worried English wasn't, as a foreigner once told me "[your maiden language]". In that case I apologize; even if it was only your second language I have no right to judge. However, it does have to do with it, especially when you're insulting my intelligence and calling me unrespectable. I agree a teacher isn't always smart and an art administrator isn't always a guru of art, but wouldn't you agree it sort of puts me in a position where either I know what I'm doing or I don't? "You lost your respect by many people" Who? You and CMarket? DILLIGAF? "you dont seem to appreciate anything" What don't I appreciate? "you seem to talk about yourself" after you talk about me. Here is your direct quote.

"you are still a beginner here (better than saying noob) and you dont know mush about map making and triggering and how difficulte to make a cinematic like this one"

That is the reason I began talking about myself.

"how do you know, and why do you think you can do better, if you can do better then do a better cinematic, i am waiting to see what you got. "

I know because I code in clean near-leakless vJass. I can do better because I've been mapping across the board for long enough now where I know what it takes to do everything available. However I don't have the time or patience (which is part of the reason I respect CMarket) to make an entire cinematic through. I don't build many game-ready maps, which you will see if you play one of my maps hosted here. But if you tried one of my (insert integer >10,000) concepts you'd see that I know what I'm doing.

Hopefully next time you reply to me you won't say dumb shitty insulting things like "grow up"

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 31
I am locking this thread temporary.

Everybody who involve in this war by trolling/flamming one another have been neg rep.

Edit : I have discuss this matter with Mecheon and he agree all user who join this war would be punish with negative reputation.

In the future, please do not involve in war by calling people a idiot or a asshole. If you seen such a note, please use the report button and we mod/admin would deal with it.

Last edited:
Level 12
Hey Cmarket!

Great job on your cinematic... I see what all the fuss about it is...

PROS ---

- The Terrain was stunning, and fit very well with all the parts of the story
- The Storyline was very original, and I enjoyed it.
- The Cameras were very fluid, no jerky movements, and did a great job showcasing the very beautiful terrain

- The voice overs for all the characters made the cinematic more interesting, and gave it more depth, even though some were a little dark and hard to understand...

CONS ---

- Some of the Voices (mainly the Necromancer (sorry, forgot his proper name, but everyone seems to call him that xD) were very dank, and were pretty hard to understand.. maybe consider raising the Pitch a little with an audio editing program like Audacity, it'll make it so much easier to understand.

- There were a few very minor grammatical errors, but everyone makes some :D

- Some parts carry on a little long, so they can get a little boring.

Thats all I can tell you, You've done a marvellous job, and I hope to see the rest of your series soon, it shows real promise!!! :spell_breaker: